OptimusPrimarch enters the DAAAAAANGERZOOONE

Yeah, I was looking for topical Archer quotes on the youtubes and gave up when I found the funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsxZYItS7GU

Watch those knees, buddy.  Go do some more push-ups.  

Oh, crap!  I have to go do more push-ups!

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGaq9b8wO64&feature=player_embedded

I think I'm going to need to institute Dunch to up my caloric intake.  Can't do an official diet goal yet but off the record...

lvl 4 Astartes Monk STR 8.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 6.5 | DEX 7.75 | WIS 10 | CHA 7.25

"Burn the Calorie, Kill the Workout, Purge the Apathy"

Push Up Challenge: Yellow Belt (36)

A good first day and a good smoothie to crown it, oh yeah!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Day 2 was also a good day.

Got ~2300ml of water 

Did a short bout of leg focused stretching (it wasn't long enough to count as my session for this week so that part is still outstanding) that really helped reduce the level of pain.  It is still moving slower than I'd like and with a bit of pain but at least now it isn't in pain in a rested state.

Also made another win smoothie, hoping I'll be able to get my calories up enough to start GAINING weight instead of losing it.  I'm the slimmest I've ever been since... well in all my adult life and I'm trying to gain weight... go figure.

The Mouse is starting to research about her knees as one of her challenge goals since she is having something similar problems. Perhaps she could have some good advice to increase your recovery speed. 

On the other topic at hand, I´m so envious about your slim state right now. Time for some epic muscle build up! 

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

The Mouse is starting to research about her knees as one of her challenge goals since she is having something similar problems. Perhaps she could have some good advice to increase your recovery speed. 

On the other hand, I´m so envious about your slim state right now. Time for some epic muscle build up! 

Hmmmm... perhaps it is time for the world's most dangerous secret agent to go on a mission to steal her research.

blood-test-picture_250x141.jpg

... Or at least photocopy it.

Something you may want to consider: when gaining weight, track the measurements in your waist. If you gain five pounds and your waist goes up by an inch, the odds are good that most of it went into fat. It's a vanity trick, but it appears to test out well.

good to know

::drools at you smoothies::

Yeah, they're pretty awesome.  I ran out of almond milk so I didn't get one yesterday :(

Day 2 of 100 pushups: 14,19,14,14,15.  Target on set #5 was 19... I keep missing the goal by 4 pushups but since I can attain all the other sets I'm gonna keep moving forward instead of doing a repeat day.

I continue to take the following approach to my water goal:

scotch-650x365.jpg

It is super easy to find drinking imagery in Archer...

Drank ~2400ml yesterday.  I've only had one giant mug so far today *runs off to fill mug*

Getting a hundred push ups is a hallmark I want to join too. May those numbers go up and up!

Have you felt any change drinking all that water?

I try to use different techniques wehen drinking my water. (My goal is 4L/day on days I workout and 3L on rest days.

I am trying to set a PR for the amounti of time it takes for me to chug a 16oz bottle. So far, my best is 18 seconds. I think I can get it faster. It's all about when you take your breaths. :)

-It also helps when people shout "CHUG! CHUG!" I get better results. :)

To celebrate day 1 I made an awesome cocktail (smoothie) with my awesome new blender.

Peanut Butter, Greek Yogurt, Almond Milk and Chocolate Protein powder.  Was like liquid reese's peanut butter cups.

Yea, that is an amazing combination.  I was doing that mix up (sans greek yogurt) the last few days.  The protein powder I got tastes like a Frosty from Wendy's.... I'm half considering getting ice cream to make my own not-quite-healthy-but-still-better-than-purchased Frosty.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Good luck with the Hundred! I know I kept moving back whenever I hit a snag like that, so it'll be interesting to see how the risk pays off for you.

If I hit a more significant snag I'll move back... If I finish at 96 instead of 100, I'll know I made a mistake ;)

Getting a hundred push ups is a hallmark I want to join too. May those numbers go up and up!

Have you felt any change drinking all that water?

Not yet, I'm finding that my thirst is starting to catch up to my water drinking, which is nice.  I costed past my goal with ease yesterday had ~2400ml

Sadly I missed Hapkido yesterday and instead slept for like 3 hours when I got home from work.  I shouldn't have napped so long because then it took forever to get to sleep :(

Today is a sleepy day

Cool! That will make things easier and harder to forget.

Sadly I missed Hapkido yesterday and instead slept for like 3 hours when I got home from work.  I shouldn't have napped so long because then it took forever to get to sleep :(

Today is a sleepy day

Oh man, I hate when that happens. I Hope that at least your body has seized the rest from hapkido. 

So Friday I was only 2 pushups off the target so I'm glad that things are progressing well.

Set was 16,21,15,15,19 (set 5 should have been 21 again)

Water was well on target and my body seems to be making it easier by getting thirsty when I haven't had enough now so it is really helping me stay on target.

Was a good class today.  After a bit of work I was able to cover over 12 feet of distance in ~2 seconds doing double side kicks.

General fitness was pushup heavy which was hard after yesterday but I managed well enough.

20 standard pushups

15 tri-pushups

15 Right and Left L pushups

20 wide pushups

20 leg lifts

75 in and outs

5 slow squats

2min 10 second second plank.

I missed hapkido too because the school that allows us to use their gym was waxing the floors. Missing a class is always a bummer but you gotta roll with the punches. Hope today you were fresh and ready to get back to training hard. Rest is always important tho so don't feel bad about it. It's what your body needed.

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Yeah, I was working hard in there today knee started tweaking because of all the kicks but I slogged through.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines