OptimusPrimarch enters the DAAAAAANGERZOOONE

Videos are hard to find when your grand master makes up names for things based on how they look.

Closest I can find is like a leg pull in.

But we raise our torsos up so that the we begin with our torso and thighs forming a V, supporting our upper body with palms flat on the floor.  

If I ever feel like making a fool of myself on the youtubes, I may get my wife to video it so there is actual video evidence of how these are done.

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

I've done them outside of hapkido and they were called the same thing... surprised there is not a video of them

lvl 4 Astartes Monk STR 8.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 6.5 | DEX 7.75 | WIS 10 | CHA 7.25

"Burn the Calorie, Kill the Workout, Purge the Apathy"

Push Up Challenge: Yellow Belt (36)

Amazing routine and incredible planks! Keep it up OP! =D

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

The YouTube does not have every exercise known to man. It just has the crushing majority of them. Anyway, that almost sounds like a V-Up but without the arms. Totally a challenge, for sure. VIDS MUST HAPPEN.

I second this. I wanna see VIDS!

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Videos are hard to find when your grand master makes up names for things based on how they look.

Closest I can find is like a leg pull in.

But we raise our torsos up so that the we begin with our torso and thighs forming a V, supporting our upper body with palms flat on the floor.  

If I ever feel like making a fool of myself on the youtubes, I may get my wife to video it so there is actual video evidence of how these are done.

Oooh, yeah, I've seen those before. Good core exercise.

My instructor makes up crazy names too. I just look around and hope someone else knows what he is talking about.

You can also do them without using your hands to support, which is what I do.

So week one ended mostly strong,

3/3 for Strength goal

7/5 for water goal

Didn't do any stretching for that week, going to try and do 2 sessions for this week to make up for it.

Way to finish the first week! The water goal was demolished.

I think this will favor your knee greatly. Tell us how you feel afterwards. 

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

week 4 day 1 for 100 pushups totally fried me

goal 18,22,16,16,25+

actual 18,22,14,12,10

gonna repeat it tomorrow, also did my stretching, lots of back cracking and knee/hamstring pain but hopefully it will lessen the pain overall.

ALSO also did my work on the bridge challenge, I'm somewhere between the neck bridge and full bridge.  If I remember and if he's there maybe I'll get 7FG to film me in class on Saturday

ALSO also did my work on the bridge challenge, I'm somewhere between the neck bridge and full bridge.  If I remember and if he's there maybe I'll get 7FG to film me in class on Saturday

I will not be in class on Saturday.  I have a shower to rebuild.  :S

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

<Hilarious Archer quote and picture go here>

repeated week 4 day 1, did it today because I wanted to get back on mon, wed fri which means having to do the set back to back which probably didn't help anything

Push-ups: 18,22,16,14,10

so I'm up 5 from yesterday but a long way from the target

gonna repeat it on Friday.

Already achieved my water goal for today on top of that

Also worked on bridges, 1 full bridge for 10 seconds, doing it after pushups was a terrible idea though, something hurts in a way it shouldn't...

How long are the rests between sets?

Also worked on bridges, 1 full bridge for 10 seconds, doing it after pushups was a terrible idea though, something hurts in a way it shouldn't...

Oh man, hopefully it´s nothing bad. Be careful.

the rest time varies from day to day day 1 is 60 seconds day 2 is 90 day 3 is 120

so since I've been repeating day 1 over and over it has been 60 second rests between sets

Did my kicking last night, we only did 700 kicks and 700 strikes because we ran out of time in class.

Knee held up relatively well... it didn't get any worse at least.

Axe kick is extremely painful to execute currently.

Also I weighed myself after the workout and I've apparently lost 10 lbs somewhere in the past 2-3 months.

I suspect a chunk of that was water that I'd just finished sweating out but still good.

Now I just need to gain it back as muscle.  I really need to figure that part out.

in and around the joint, it happens on both knees but left is worse than right, probably since it has less muscle strength.

week 4 day 1 for 100 pushups totally fried me

goal 18,22,16,16,25+

actual 18,22,14,12,10

gonna repeat it tomorrow, also did my stretching, lots of back cracking and knee/hamstring pain but hopefully it will lessen the pain overall.

ERRRRRR.........I feel sheepish.

I had no idea you guys lived near each other and took class together! How did I not know this??

What a cool class that must be. Now I wanna go!

Yes, we need vids. :)

And keep that knee safe!!!

Hmm. And axe kick is a vertical kick, right? It's not something like a planted roundhouse where the supporting knee gets torqued?

correct, the torque is on the kicking knee and it is not fun, that said my knee hasn't been too hurty, was able to do 5 slow squats in class without real issues... beyond how hard slow squats are.

ERRRRRR.........I feel sheepish.

I had no idea you guys lived near each other and took class together! How did I not know this??

What a cool class that must be. Now I wanna go!

Yes, we need vids. :)

And keep that knee safe!!!

It is our worst kept secret, 7FG harped on me to make an account, now we prod each other about fitness stuff.

After three years of harassing you to go to hapkido in the first place.

The circle is complete.   :tongue:

Going to hapkido is ALWAYS a great idea, I've never regretted it. Now I need to start recruiting some of my classmates!

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

correct, the torque is on the kicking knee and it is not fun, that said my knee hasn't been too hurty, was able to do 5 slow squats in class without real issues... beyond how hard slow squats are.

Hm. you know, I've actually tried deep accupressure massage on and around my knee when dealing with pain there, with the surprising result that it stopped hurting. You might want to get a lax ball or a tennis ball and try rolling on it a bit to find the painful place. Hopefully it's just an underlying tightness pulling on the joint.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines