• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

OptimusPrimarch

OptimusPrimarch enters the DAAAAAANGERZOOONE

It is our worst kept secret, 7FG harped on me to make an account, now we prod each other about fitness stuff.

That's awesome. It's nice to have at least one person that is close who can keep you accountable outside the thread.

My sister is the one who convinced me to make an account. (She is an assassin). She and I also poke at each other all the time IRL about our challenges.

We def should have a monk meet up, though. I'd love to meet you guys. I've actually been to Ottowa/Quebec area, but never Toronto. (That's where you guys are, right?)

I volunteer Kishi to train us all. Hardcore Monk style.

Hm. you know, I've actually tried deep accupressure massage on and around my knee when dealing with pain there, with the surprising result that it stopped hurting. You might want to get a lax ball or a tennis ball and try rolling on it a bit to find the painful place. Hopefully it's just an underlying tightness pulling on the joint.

Hmmmm interesting!  I'm gonna investigate that.

So this week went well for the most part.

Water 6/5 

only day I was under was Sunday and that's still better than I expected.  This goal is really going well for me my body has adapted well to the increased intake and now just makes me want to drink more.

It is only 10:30 and I'm like 1100ml into it.

Stretching 2/1 did 2 sessions to make up for the one I missed, every time I do leg stretches my knee feels a tiny bit better so that makes me hopeful.

Only did 2 days of pushups because I expected a big pushup day on Saturday in class and we didn't really do that many.  Gonna tear it up today, hoping that I'll be able to move all the way through week 4 this week.

Knee pain hasn't been *too* bad but it is still present.

but at least I don't feel like this anymore:

archer-injuries-carcrash.jpg

Good to read your knee is feeling better, even more so: that stretching makes things better too!

Hopefully we will laugh at this setback by the end of this challenge!

Ugh, knee pain.  Glad it's better.  Mine's gotten so bad lately that when I test I'm going to ask my sensei if I can do the kneeling techniques standing to not aggravate it.  If he says no, I can do them.  But I'd like to preserve my knee if I can.  It's currently wrapped in ice.

That being said, when I was stretching my legs every day two challenges ago the knee felt fantastic, so I should really try doing that again.

Is that your professional opinion? ;)

Urusai! :D It's football season down here; saying obvious things is kind of what we do now.

Gahh, I kind of think we paralleling here:

I'm finding the same outcomes in my challenge

The more I drink, the more my body is adapting to the water. I'm so thirsty!! After my longer workouts I'm getting to the point where I can chug a whole liter! Feels soooo niiiice.

Also, I've been stretching more in my TKD classes and I think it's making a huge difference on my knee pain. It makes me want to stretch MOAR!!

Glad to hear your progress! (Always good when you don't feel like you have been run into a metal pole by a speeding vehicle)   :tongue: 

Gahh, I kind of think we paralleling here:

I'm finding the same outcomes in my challenge

The more I drink, the more my body is adapting to the water. I'm so thirsty!! After my longer workouts I'm getting to the point where I can chug a whole liter! Feels soooo niiiice.

Also, I've been stretching more in my TKD classes and I think it's making a huge difference on my knee pain. It makes me want to stretch MOAR!!

Glad to hear your progress! (Always good when you don't feel like you have been run into a metal pole by a speeding vehicle)   :tongue: 

Yeah it is nice reaching for my mug only  to find it empty

So did my pushup routine yesterday, better than the last time but still too far below the expected numbers for me to comfortably move on to the next day.

my result 18,22,16,12,15

goal: 18,22,16,16,25+

Thinking about doing some yoga tonight, will help stretch AND strengthen my knee.

You ain't kidding K, I did my 30 minutes of moving poses but it was not easy.  Had to take 2 mini breaks, gonna start working on this more.

Both my knees are worn out too.  So much time with one knee or the other bent.

Lots of time in Downward Dog will do that to you. It's not a surprise. You do know that if worse comes to worst, you can up the rest time a bit, right?

I am... conceptually aware of that fact... I'm pretty stubborn though.

that said given how stalled I've been at this rough number I might try upping rest time to 2min per set until my number get closer

then down it bit by bit before advancing to a new day.