NicoleCanoes - 60 days to MARATHON

NicoleCanoes

Also BTW - thanks for your information on rolling on the foam roller for longer - I increased my time and am getting benefit from it.

Glad to here it, more than 5 min is really necessary for some spots.

Lots of learning going on there! Hope you had a good birthday.

I miss my foam roller so much - they dont travel so well.

Hope this week goes well

Tennis ball. They also make travel sized roller sticks but TSA usually thinks it's a weapon.

Running goal - Dopey Challenge 2015

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Buckland Hobbit, Level 4 Scout

STR 10.25 | DEX 6 | STA 12.75 | CON 8 | WIS 9.75 | CHA 5.75

OK, research has been crazy and with how much time I have been running there hasn't been much computer time. I'm also not getting in as much foam rolling as I would like. I did eat green things and ice this weekend. I have given up on the burpees, my knees can't handle the standing to push-up position jump and running is more important. Did I mention work has been crazy. Saturday was a Color Me Rad 5k of epic awesomeness. Don't have time to post pictures.

Training to complete an Ironman by 2017. I can swim .5, bike 112, and run 26.2, separately.

Definitely want to here more about the 5k.  I could never make up my mind about color runs.  On the one hand, they sound fun; on the other, I'm not sure I want to pay that kind of money to have people throw stuff at me.  :black_eyed:   You'll have to clue me in on the epic awesomeness.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

I have given up on the burpees, my knees can't handle the standing to push-up position jump and running is more important.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( Could you maybe sub in plank position instead of the burpees?

Regardless, good luck on the running!!!!!

"Whatever doesn't kill me... had better start running."

Challenge: 1, 2

I didn't die. School/research got crazy ridiculous. I am now working on two projects. One might be patented. And I might be able to graduate in a year. So I need to starting writing my thesis. Also going to the SWE conference and already have companies asking for my resume so I've been working on that as well.

The marathon is in 2 weeks. The long run happened but I am having some knee problems. Might have twisted/pullled/bruised one of the muscles while hiking labor day weekend. It was muddy and there were trees uprooted and laying cross the path from the storm so hiking up the mountain was a bit more parcour like than previously planned. The massage therapist thinks it's mostly just a tight IT and some other muscle in my hip. Lots of ice and rolling, should be fine.

Color Me RAD is worth the money. The other brands suck in comparison. The after party and dj were fun we stayed for 2 more hours.

Tinkerbell's wings are done and awesome, the dress is done except for glitter, I'm still working on a  "October is cold in the midwest and I can't wear a normal shirt or jacket with the wings on" shawl/arm warmer thing that Tink wears in the second movie. My roommate was totally laughing at me as I bounced all around the apartment to make sure the wings would work while running.

In terms of the challenge I'm just going to scratch. I haven't been around to even give it a good review. I ran and iced and ate green things. I rolled some and got 2 massages. Sleep has been sporadic. I mostly get 7 hours but sometimes I get to bed at 2 and wake up at 9. I'm not sure if I will continue with the challenges post marathon because of school. I'll try to drop in and say hi on the general chat every once in a while but for the next couple months it's going to be a bit crazy here.

1000593_10153175194515305_1217850713_n.j

CAM00362.jpg

Tell me you've got photos for the wings. That may come in super handy someday for a costume for the wife and I with our own Disney racing costumes. :) Also, great job with everything!

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Sounds fun.  I hope your knee comes out ok.

Could you wear a long or 3/4 sleeve shirt under the dress?  In some scenes she has sleeves.

Tell me you've got photos for the wings. That may come in super handy someday for a costume for the wife and I with our own Disney racing costumes. :) Also, great job with everything!

The wings are attached to my sports bra so any clothing option needs to be cut or backless, which is why I'm making arm warmers. Those are almost done just need elastic for the top. I will take a couple more photos of the wings when I make my sisters pair. Not sure how you would wear the wings Shukar. The sports bra is what keeps them from bouncing around while running. ;p

I'm sure we can think of something, apparently I'm planned to be Tinkerbell for the 5th Tinkerbell Half or something. Got a few years yet to get them figured out.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines