Full Metal Penguins - 1st Timers

I too have started to slow down in the weight loss department.  But the funny thing is I bought two pairs of pants (44 waist) on Sunday and when I put them on they fit great.  2 days later, I went to Home Depot and had to hitch'em back up every couple of seconds.  I'm going to take the other pair back because I expect to be in 42's in 2 to 3 weeks.  

"You've been down there, Neo. You already know that road. You know exactly where it ends. And I know that's not where you want to be."  -- Trinity

Current Challenge:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37506-psychos-second-first-time-challenge-for-real-this-time/

Sooo... I think I passed!! The exam is a "smart" exam that could end at a minimum of 75 questions and a maximum of 200-something.  My test ended at 75 (wooot) and I felt pretty good about it.  And there's a trick that you can do where you try to reregister to take the exam again.  If you are allowed to input your credit information, you failed, but if you get a notification that says you're already registered - you've passed! I got the good pop-up so I'm pretty sure that I'm set! +5000 points to WIS! haha 

Baron: I really DO like c25k... it's a good pace but not too easy.  It's definitely worth a try!

Stacee

Would-be Hylian Ranger 

Current Challenge
"The Wind... it is blowing..." -Ganon

Way to go Stacee! I'd probably be the guy that got the 200 question test :tongue: That's very good though, I'm so proud of you!

And c3, nice! I love that feeling when you go down a pant size. My pant size down fits, but isn't entirely comfortable, while every week my current pants feel a bit looser.

Hey guys, checking in to see how everyone is doing :)

@running - I love running. I love my running shoes. I love waking up and putting on my running shoes and going for a run :D Honestly, I've been going through a lot of personal stuff, and running helps to clear my mind. Nothing beats going first thing in the morning - I love it! Can't say that I'm great at it yet, but just being out there I've noticed a difference.

@yoga - I also finally caved in and purchased the DDP Yoga workout (I've been interested in doing it for years). Wondering if anyone here has tried it?

@Stacee - Congrats on passing!! :D

@c3 - I recently dropped pant sizes and I'm in the same boat as you...already the new ones are too big on me!

As for my personal challenge, I stopped keeping track obsessively. My weight is slowly ticking down by fractions, but I seem to be gaining muscle. Plus I've slimmed down a bit around my face and arms (it's getting to the point where it's very noticeable), so I must be doing something right :)

Still following my diet as strictly as possible. I've begun to experience some junk-food cravings, but nothing that a little will power or broccoli can't overcome.

Lastly, I am still dealing with some serious personal stuff so I will continue to be an absentee supporter. I wish you all the best in your challenges, and I think it's wonderful that so many of you are still going strong! :D

Aero Rin

Level 0 Druid (Race Pending)

{ STR - | DEX - | STA - | WIS - | CON - | CHA - }

Challenge | FMP | Battle Log 

Hey all! Wow a lot has happened!

My wife and I were in New York for a friend's wedding last weekend (17th), and I just started an Income Tax Prep course with H&R Block. (+2 INT, -2 CHA)

Workout-wise, I've started intermittent fasting and it's really making a difference in muscle tone and getting ripped! (+2 STR, +2 CHA) And I'm adding some Parkour into my workouts. (+2 DEX, +1 STR, +2 CHA) I've always wanted to do Parkour!

Oh! And WOOTs to to everybody! Including but not limited to: Stacee and c3 !

I'm a little bit annoyed. I remembered the distance to my workplace as being 7km and wrote as much in my initial challenge post only to find that it's about 6km. :(

But I really love it. I changed clothes at work, which felt very strange and led to some grins and comments like "Proof, I really think there's a woman behind all of this." Then ran to my apartment. The best thing is that I saved a lot of time: It's only a little bit slower to run the track than to take the public transit.

Yeti Adventurer - Level 2

Challenges: 1 2

Hi guys, just checking in. I've updated my challenge thread, but I've found it pretty difficult to check in here frequently. Much harder than the challenge itself. I plan on just making my final update at the end of this week, and then being done. 

I hope everyone else is still doing OK and hanging in there. Sorry I haven't been around much. 

Level 2 Hobbit Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Current ChallengeFirst Challenge

Hi everyone! 

Sorry I haven't been around much. Life got hectic for a bit there. Also, I'm incredibly slack.  

How's everyone going?

I reached my challenge goal of a 10km run in less than 65mins on Monday (64mins and 4seconds!) which I'm pretty pumped about! My next goal for 10km is sub 60min. 

Captain Solo, how is the intermittent fasting working out for you? 

I reached my challenge goal of a 10km run in less than 65mins on Monday (64mins and 4seconds!) which I'm pretty pumped about! My next goal for 10km is sub 60min. 

Congrats on acheiving your goal. My goal of the C25K was a failure due to my stupid calf muscles, bit there is a silver lining to the bad news. The eplitical and I have become friends. I have started to get ready for Bizzy Workout guides by rocking out 20 minutes of H.I.I.T. and then 10 minutes of H.I.I.T as a midset break.

Today I had a victory as I had to issue with the seatbelt on the airplane and still found my way to the gym tonight. It's the little things.

Kozwell

Level 1 Lycan Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 4 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

It's Clobbering Time!

Group: Full Metal Penguins

Current Challenge

@Kozwell

Hi everyone! 

Sorry I haven't been around much. Life got hectic for a bit there. Also, I'm incredibly slack.  

How's everyone going?

Captain Solo, how is the intermittent fasting working out for you? 

It's working brilliantly! I'm gaining muscle without increasing body fat % (ie, "bulking").

And a congratulations on meeting your 10k goal!

Hello!

I'm Kiki and also a newbie from across the pond. I felt I had to join, as I'm about to start aerial arts circus training and fully expect to look a lot like a penguin attempting the trapeze when it starts on Wednesday due to a lack of flexibility and upper body strength. I'm hoping with your help I can turn into the leanest, most elegant circus penguin ever seen (although my full transformation will almost certainly take longer than 6 weeks!)

My quest is pretty simple: get back to my university measurements of 34-25-35 (currently 35-27-39 3 years later), fit back into my sexeh clothes, look leaner and be fitter and stronger and an immense circus athlete. My life quest is to save £4,000 by next September so I can go on Safari in Kenya, and I'm starting small, setting myself a weekly spending limit, putting money into a savings account, and not moving the money back out of the savings account when I want to spend it. 

I tend to be a sandboxer because I don't like linear storylines and I get bored quickly with things I 'have' to do once I've achieved a bit. I have the same issue with fitness - I'll turn up to 2 classes for something and then never bother again, get to the stage where I can do a press up and never attempt one again, or run 5k and never run again after crossing the line. I'm hoping you guys can help me stay focussed on my goals, prod me into forming habits when I get bored, and encourage me to post twice a week to keep me accountable. I hope to be able to offer encouragement, support, and motivation to any other penguins! Also, I worked as a chef for a while, my partner is part-time paleo, and I'm a whole-food veggie so I'm pretty good with recipes if anyone is in a food rut (eating whole foods is something I am pretty good at!). Look forward to meeting you all!

xx

Kiki, level 1 Wood elf assassinSTR 1|DEX 3|STA 4|CON 1|WIS 2|CHA 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines