Terinatum works on balanced strength

Terinatum

Terinatum's Main Quest

July 29th through September 8th

:smiley_simmons:

Achieve Balanced Strength throughout My Body

Hello Assassins! I'm really excited to be here during this challenge!

I want to heal the parts of me that have been damaged, ignored, and punished for the last 48 years. If I can create a balanced body, strong and agile, then I will be able to DO the things that I think up and I could feel more jazzed and content. Since joining in February, I'm already pretty jazzed and happy; just want consistency and development.

My first challenge was getting myself to work out a minimum of 5 min. every day. It felt good and, surprising, I liked it a lot. Then I jumped to some outlandish demands during my second challenge and didn't stay on target. However, I found running to be exuberating. I had to pare down my lifting and BW exercises halfway through this last challenge, when I had so many pet-sitting jobs come up (not complaining :dog: ). Today and as many tomorrows as I can muster, I won't accept any excuses. I'm going to keep moving forward, because it's what I WANT.

So, equalizing my muscles is the Quest I accept.

Three goals to make this happen.

1. Lose Weight. Get a deficit going and keep the fat cells shrinking (calories per day should be 1800 - 1900 in order to lose 1.0 - 1.5 pounds per week). This will be done by tracking my calories and making wiser eating choices each day. I am willing to start doing some stock up cooking at the beginning of the week as well. My stats are as follows:

v 5'6"

v 248 lbs.

v chest  = 42 5/8"

v s. plexus = 48 3/4"

v waist  = 52"

v hips  = 51"

2. Get stronger. I will be doing BW exercises and lifting every other day. Some examples are below.

v lat pull down -- 150 lbs, 3x10, up 5 reps/wk (pull up work)

v pushups -- knee x10, up 3/wk, reg. x1, up 2/wk (chest, triceps)

v regular row -- 110 lbs, up 10 lbs/wk, 3x10 (back)

v plank -- hold for long as possible, up to 10 seconds, 2x3 (abs)

v air squats -- 3x10, up to 3x20 (full body)

v knee raises -- 3x10 incl. bench, up to hanging raises x5 (abs)

v lunges -- not until PT says I can, up to 3x3 - form! (full body)

v superman -- not until PT says I can, up to 3x20 (back)

3. Limber up. I will be following Kelly Starrett's MobilityMod. All of these exercises will be held for 2 minutes, 2 sets, twice per day, every other day (opposite strength w-o).

Examples of areas to work on: calves, knees out, squat - foot - shin angle, hip flexors, etc…

Side Quest

sugar slaying

This will be working on my relationship with sugar. I am closer to reducing my sugar intake to a lifetime manageable level. I have a few wrinkles to iron out before putting it all in place.

The goal is to question my eating decisions with respect and honor. I will not hassle myself about my choices, but rather look for the answers as to why I want something. Then talk it out. Yes, with myself! LOL I do that part quite well. I'll also be checking in with some rebel peeps this challenge on an accountabilibuddies thread called Sugar Slayers!

Life Quest

working on my business

I need to work out the details of going into business for myself. I have spoken with Social Security and now know what I can and can't do while on disability. This will mostly be creating paper trails and documenting client details. And of course, taxes! I will work 5 hours per week on the business side of things.  :tiger:

So, this is it for now. I have tweaked my challenge goals before so I won't be surprised if it happens again. I will also not judge myself as incompetent as I've only been doing this for a little over 5 months. Stay motivated and adaptable, that's my motto for this Quest.

Good Luck to Everyone.

Chat Soon,

Teri

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I don't know about you but opening my business is freaking me out. Just hearing the word "taxes" gives me goosebumps :D I'll be following your thread closely, hopefully we will be able to share some tips for this life goal!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Im excited for you to get that balance :) I love your life quest! Is it pet sitting, or is that just an in the meantime thing?

Me too. I got my orientation yesterday for using the gym and heated PT pool.

My pet-sitting is the most extensive part of the business. I am also doing energy work, personal assistant work, and handy work.

I don't know about you but opening my business is freaking me out. Just hearing the word "taxes" gives me goosebumps :D I'll be following your thread closely, hopefully we will be able to share some tips for this life goal!

Yea, it's a bit overwhelming. I had no idea what kind of taxes you had to pay as a business, besides sales tax. And don't get me started on what you can and can't deduct! The hardest part I think will be figuring out the depreciation of my physical assets. How do you figure depreciation of a dog lease?! we'll figure it out. What state or country are you from? I don't wanna spout info that will just confuse you. I'm in Vermont.

Good luck on your goals! Your workout plan looks great!

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to making this a real and sustaining part of my life. I'm gonna go check on you thread.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Terinatum's Goal Grading for 4th Challenge

Main Quest

+ 3 STA Weight Loss, + 4 STR Strength Training, + 4 DEX Limbering Up

Life quest + 2 WIS for

Side quest + 2 CHR for

Weight Loss

A for weight loss --

Deficit/week is at least 500 cal 5/6 wks

Change choice at least 3 times/wk for 6 wks

Stock up cooking 5/6 wks

Track food intake 5/7 days for 6 wks

B for weight loss --

D= 4/6 wks

C= at least 2 times/wk for 5 wks

S= up 4/6 wks

T= 5/7 days for 5 + wks

C for weight loss --

D= 3/6 wks

C= twice /wk for 5 wks

S= 3/6 wks

T= 4/7 days for 4 wks

D for weight loss --

D= 2/6 wks

C= twice/wk for 4 wks

S= 2/6 wks

T= 4/7 days for 3 wks

Strength Building and Limbering Up -- 21 days each

A= 4 missed training days or less

B= 6 missed training days or less

C= 8 missed training days or less

D= 10 missed training days or less

Sugar Slaying

Pass/fail

Post personal and mod 3 times/wk for 6 wks

Getting Down to Business

A= 4.5 hours+ for 6 wks

B= 3 hours + for 6 wks

C= 3 hours + for 5 wks

D= 2 hours + for 5 wks

:smiley_simmons:  :smiley_simmons:  :smiley_simmons:

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Progress Pictures  :positive:

Pictures from July 2013

sml_gallery_13464_214_780810.jpg     sml_gallery_13464_214_583568.jpg

Pictures from February 2013

sml_gallery_13464_214_21808.jpg     sml_gallery_13464_214_144144.jpg             

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Yea, it's a bit overwhelming. I had no idea what kind of taxes you had to pay as a business, besides sales tax. And don't get me started on what you can and can't deduct! The hardest part I think will be figuring out the depreciation of my physical assets. How do you figure depreciation of a dog lease?! we'll figure it out. What state or country are you from? I don't wanna spout info that will just confuse you. I'm in Vermont.

Not even the same continent, I'm French. :D But at least we know that it's a pain in the neck wherever we are.

What are you using to track your calories? I used Myfitnesspal at one point and after a few weeks it got really easy to use.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Wow, that's some major differences in the before and after photos! Nice work, Teri! And interesting goals for this challenge! I'll bet this one goes really well for you!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

Wow, that's some major differences in the before and after photos! Nice work, Teri! And interesting goals for this challenge! I'll bet this one goes really well for you!

Thx Pallas Athena! Yea I think it's gonna go great!

How's it going for you?

The Way

Better Now than Later On

So Monday and Tuesday come to a close and I am quite happy with myself.

Did a good hard work out on Monday (an hour). And, did a good 50 minute mobility session in the therapeutic pool this morning. The details are on my challenge chart thread in my sig.

I did not however eat enough on Monday! I was fuzzy and I kept getting the belches of a pissed-off stomach. Where's the Food!!!!??????

Today I ate a big breakfast and got through the day easily with that.

I slayed a Sugar Demon today, although I got hit twice during the battle. 

I was able to stop (twice) once I started down sugar-train way. I got a 'baby-sized' chocolate cremee (soft serve), but it was too watery because it had froze. After      4 or 5 good licks of it, I tossed it in the garbage. I didn't even really regret it. I was like, "It taste gross, why would I continue eating it?" I so would not have done        that last year!
     Then I bought a chocolate shake (brain still in charge), but got maybe half way through it and said, "Nope. Done with this!" 
     Who am I?!     LOL     Today was a good fight!
Business meeting with a client today - already booked and it's not the business stuff so it won't count, but it went really well.
Went to PT today. No where near getting cleared for running. She wasn't even comfortable doing massage. So ultrasound and tape. Then, I aggravated it (icing it now) by mopping my mom's kitchen floor. Had no idea it would hurt my hammie, but it did. Oops!

So I'm doing well and I'll be at the gym in the morning for more strength lifting. WOOT
Till then... cheers,
Teri

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Wednesday am

Just finished workout and dang I smell ripe!

Notes: form issues on OHP and lat pull down. Might do a vid and get some feedback.

Bench 65 # and 150# Lat pull down are good weights to stay on into next week.

I have a slight catch in my left shoulder when I bring my arms over my head - laying flat, hands lightly clasped. It doesn't hurt and I suspect I can adjust it with mobility work, but I am going to have my PT Karla look at it tomorrow.

Foam roller - I am in love with it!

Breakfast is shaved steak on home fries with cheddar, spinach, tomato, and red pepper. Yum num.

Gonna go eat it now.

Cheers

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Breakfast sounds awesome!! 

Listent to you PT and do what shes says.  Tell her where you want to be and ask for help to get there!

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

What are you using to track your calories? I used Myfitnesspal at one point and after a few weeks it got really easy to use.

Right now I'm just adding them to a google spreadsheet. I have myfitpal, but repeated taps and tiny screens are killing these old eyes! I'm sure I'll get back to it once I get my regular foods entered.

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Montpelier Vt, that's all I'm saying!

You know you want to drive.....

LMAO!  I love to drive! And I'm sure it would be beautiful.

My self-worth, beauty, strength, and overall awesomeness is not defined by numbers.

12STR  13.75CON  5STA  12WIS   14CHA  6DEX        1 fire flower

Current Challenge   #8  #7   #6  #5  Unofficial  #4  #3  #2

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it first."  -The Pirate Captian

I'm gonna make Sundays push up days. Do as many as possible, throughout the whole day. I will do at least two sessions each Sunday and track the total and all the things I notice regarding it.

"Ready? Drop and give me... Everything you got!!"

Sent via my phone b/c my laptop is out of reach. Cheers!

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines