• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

terrormortus

Terrormortus’ Quest to Join the Military

Yeah, Convict Conditioning is one of those things that needs to be spiced up every now and again. You found a way to do it, and that's fantastic.

Yeah, Convict Conditioning is one of those things that needs to be spiced up every now and again. You found a way to do it, and that's fantastic.

It actually hasn't been bad so far. I do need the running though, right now I can run a mile in 7:20 minutes but I need to bring that time down a little bit.

So no studying yesterday but did do cardio despite the fact that it was raining, finally hit 2 miles too.

Running for Fifth Week: 1/2 (First Week: 2/2, Second Week: 3/2, Third Week: 2/2, Fourth Week: 2/2)

Convict Conditioning for Fifth Week: 1/2 (First Week: 3/2, Second Week: 2/2,Third Week: 3/2, Fourth Week: 2/2)

Keep Eating Right: 29/32 Points

Studying for Fifth Week: 2/7 (First Week: 6/7, Second Week: 7/7, Third Week: 4/5, Fourth Week: 7/7)

Rather late, but just got caught up on your thread.  Congrats on enlisting and finally hitting the 2-mile-run mark!  I'm doing Convict Conditioning, too, and also have found it difficult (okay, impossible) to pass the progression standard on those !@#$#@! horizontal rows.  Don't take it the wrong way, but it's kinda nice to see that I'm not the only one.  :playful:  Good luck!

Christ. All. Mighty.

Alright so didn't do my workout on Saturday but still hit both of my workout goals for the week, so woo. Eating I didn't do so well today but hey, getting back on the horse. At some point I will do in depth things on here but not tonight.

Running for Sixth Week: 0/2 (First Week: 2/2, Second Week: 3/2, Third Week: 2/2, Fourth Week: 2/2, Fifth Week: 2/2)

Convict Conditioning for Sixth Week: 0/2 (First Week: 3/2, Second Week: 2/2,Third Week: 3/2, Fourth Week: 2/2, Fifth Week: 2/2)

Keep Eating Right: 31/35 Points

Studying for Sixth Week: 1/7 (First Week: 6/7, Second Week: 7/7, Third Week: 4/5, Fourth Week: 7/7, Fifth Week: 5/7)

Rather late, but just got caught up on your thread.  Congrats on enlisting and finally hitting the 2-mile-run mark!  I'm doing Convict Conditioning, too, and also have found it difficult (okay, impossible) to pass the progression standard on those !@#$#@! horizontal rows.  Don't take it the wrong way, but it's kinda nice to see that I'm not the only one.  :playful:  Good luck!

Thanks.

All the pulls are going too be difficult for me I think, never been good in that area. And I don't take it in a bad way at all, it's always nice to know you're not alone in something.

It's not just you. The pulls in general are ridiculous. CC's pull up progression is legit, but it doesn't make clear the fact that it takes years (and years) of practice to get there. Don't freak out.

A minor setback. We are almost done.

Just give us that push to finish strong! Come on man! =D

Thanks. Managed to get right back on board with things after that, so things are going well.

It's not just you. The pulls in general are ridiculous. CC's pull up progression is legit, but it doesn't make clear the fact that it takes years (and years) of practice to get there. Don't freak out.

That makes sense that it would take so long to progress. There is slow progress, it just gets irritating when I'm doing so well in all the other areas and then I'm so slow in this one. Still gonna keep at it.

Running for Sixth Week: 1/2 (First Week: 2/2, Second Week: 3/2, Third Week: 2/2, Fourth Week: 2/2, Fifth Week: 2/2)

Convict Conditioning for Sixth Week: 1/2 (First Week: 3/2, Second Week: 2/2,Third Week: 3/2, Fourth Week: 2/2, Fifth Week: 2/2)

Keep Eating Right: 34/38 Points

Studying for Sixth Week: 4/7 (First Week: 6/7, Second Week: 7/7, Third Week: 4/5, Fourth Week: 7/7, Fifth Week: 5/7)

I feel the same about my reverse crunches.  I'm going along with warhammer training, tire-ups, weighted inclien crunches.... but my damn reverse crunches just stay impossibly hard.

Alright so quick add on before challenge review. 

Running for Sixth Week: 3/2 (First Week: 2/2, Second Week: 3/2, Third Week: 2/2, Fourth Week: 2/2, Fifth Week: 2/2, Sixth Week: 3/2)

Convict Conditioning for Sixth Week: 2/2 (First Week: 3/2, Second Week: 2/2,Third Week: 3/2, Fourth Week: 2/2, Fifth Week: 2/2, Sixth Week: 2/2)

Keep Eating Right: 38/42 Points

Studying for Sixth Week: 7/7 (First Week: 6/7, Second Week: 7/7, Third Week: 4/5, Fourth Week: 7/7, Fifth Week: 5/7, Sixth Week: 7/7)

Alright so I'm going to first talk about all my goals individually then talk about my Main Quest and how that is going. And this is a second draft because I closed the window on accident a moment ago.

Goal 1: Run at Least Twice a Week

Why did I do this?: In addition to the fact that I need to be able to run two miles in less then sixteen minutes, I need to be able to run. I'm becoming more and more interested in preparing myself for weird situations. Some of them are pretty standard like if my power goes off for a week (happened in a winter storm to me once) while others are things like the Zombie Apocalypse. While it may seem weird and kinda nerdy, it's how I motivate myself.

How I did: A+ While I did have times when I didn't push myself as much as I wanted and times that I didn't get my extra session for the week in, I still did awesome. As of now I can run two miles without stopping. Haven't timed myself yet but I'm pretty sure I'm going to do great.

What I learned: I learned that I don't actually hate cardio, just don't like it. This is a pretty big shift in mindset for me as even a few months ago I was claiming that I was the sort of person who didn't run. While I don't think that I will ever be the sort of person that will run for fun I am the type of person who will push through dislike and excel if I put my mind to it.

How I will use this: Simply put I've proved to myself that I can run, I've shown myself that I have more resolve then I thought possible. I'm going to keep running and banish those thoughts that say I can't and the next time I think that I don't have the drive to something I'm going to remember this.

My Reward: I got +3 to stamina, I got some Resolve, and I got some more belief in myself.

Goal 2: Convict Conditioning Twice a Week

Why did I do this?: Because in order to pass the other two parts of the APFT I need some physical strength. On top of that I've been trying to change my mental image of myself as the "Fat Guy" to the "Strong Guy" and in order to do that you need to actually have physical strength.

How did I do?: A+ Like running there were times I didn't get my extra workout in, but over all I did awesome. I've progressed so far in so many areas, some places like my bench press have gone down but in there place I can feel this nice powerful feeling all over my body. It's pretty sweet.

What I learned: I learned that I have a slight problem to over come. It's summarized by John Taylor in the Nightside Series where he thinks that he's gotten bad at running because he's been getting to used to standing his ground. I'm like that, I have a few areas where I think, this is good and I should do it while others I don't actually develop because I view them as lesser. Having a few areas I like and think are awesome is good, but not at the detriment of others. I need to get around this mindset.

How I will use this: I will try and expand my thinking when I realize I'm getting stubborn. On top of that I'm going to keep my focus on strength training as that is what I like to do.

My Reward: Besides stat points (+2 Strength, +1 Dexterity, and +1 Constitution) I've gained a better understanding of myself.

Goal 3: Keep Eating Right

Why I did it: Exercise is all well and good but without diet you'll still be unhealthy. On top of that I feel better when eating right.

How I did: B I did have more then a few times where I slipped and ate something bad. Overall though I did well.

What I learned: I learned a bit more about what types of food I should be eating. I also learned why there were bread riots, you get hungry quick when you don't eat that stuff. I think I need to relax in terms of breads, affording them more of a part of my diet. Milk though is still pretty bad.

How I will use it: I'm going to keep experimenting but like I said, more breads. Also going to be eating more veges as well.

Reward: Besides generally feeling better, going down clothes sizes, and learning about my body? Some nifty stat points (Constitution +2 and Wisdom +1)

Goal 4: Study for the ASVAB

Why I chose it: Because in addition to smarts being good for you, I wanted to have as many options open to me as possible.

How I did: B Up until the ASVAB I did really well, but afterwards is when I started losing focus.

What I learned: When I have a goal I do really well, I can focus and move toward that. But just general stuff I'm not so good at that. So I need to set goals for myself to achieve rather then a nebulous idea. Also I need to afford myself some flexibility and time to relax as constantly on Brandon does not work.

How I will use this: I need to get healthy, is not a good thing to say. But saying I need to work out for these times works very well. Next challenge I'm going to continue to have a mental task but I'm going to be less extreme with it.

Reward: Knowledge of my study habits, more brain power, and some stat points (+3 Wisdom).

Main Quest: Pass the APFT before Basic Training

At the last drill I did 34 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, and ran a 7:20 mile. This is infinitely better then where I was before and I plan on doing better. I can do this.

Level 3 Orc Martial Artist

STR 5.5|DEX 6.5|STA 8|CON 7|WIS 11.5|CHA 7.5

Level Up To...

Level 4 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 7.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 15.5|CHA 7.5

Wow, your drive is commendable. You push hard and you keep on going. I like that the mile time in particular is way down, that's gonna help you a lot. Also, points for figuring out what kinds of food you can eat. That's something I'm working to figure out myself, and I don't know that I'm all the way there yet either. But good on you for figuring some out! Can't wait to see how this progresses for you.

Great job.  I end up accidentally hitting backspace but it'll bring me back a page on my web browser so I end up losing long posts all the time. :)