Rybo has no catchy title

rybo

But I intend to do really cool shtuff!

My ultimate goal of cool stuff is a muscle up & a human flag. I've done an ugly crawl over muscle up & can hold a legs tucked flag for maybe 1-1.5 seconds. I want a full legit MU & a legs extended flag for 3 secs.

To do that I will

1) Keep working out, my body weight routine that I have

2) Focus side work on MU's & flags. Do each as much as time & energy allow.

That's all I have

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

2 of the greatest BW moves to ever grace this world! Good luck to you, Rybo, stay positive and don't let you mind faulter. You've had this challenge in the bag before it began, my friend!

WOLF

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Thanks everyone.

My only real flag progression is just practicing it. Just keep doing the tucked leg version and try to hold it longer & longer. Plus I have been doing more side planks. Plus maybe do a little more shoulder work, but I already do a good bit as part of my standard routine.

I'd also like to try and find a smaller bar to practice muscle ups on. The only thing available to me is this pole frame in my yard that had a swing, and the pipes have to be 2 1/2' or so.

Flag practice went great. Held a tucked version for almost a 5 count. I'm trying to keep both sides even, but I am a little stronger holding to my right side. Continued a couple more shorter holds then some side planks with my feet elevated. I also felt pretty strong holding my tucked front lever.

Took a quick go at the muscle up after all my abs/holds practice was done and it was not a good effort. I think I was tired out. I sometimes underestimate the holds practices.

Subbed in bar dips last night for my weighted dips during my push workout. I am still shocked how difficult they are. Misc ab work and some more side planks. Tonight is back & legs since this week I'll be pinched for time

Subbed in bar dips last night for my weighted dips during my push workout. I am still shocked how difficult they are. Misc ab work and some more side planks. Tonight is back & legs since this week I'll be pinched for time

A little eccentricity to the load contact point makes a huge difference.

The less flared your elbows, the harder they are as well. Working them deep with elbows tight to the sides very much transfers to doing the muscle up transition.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

Thx for the tip Waldo.

Not too much to report for the challenge but as part of my general core work I am making great front lever progress. I can hold a tuck lever for a long time, I need to start counting for a more accurate assessment. But even better is I held a lever with one leg extended for a 3 count! I was very happy.

Woooooo just did a full legit kipping muscle up!!! I watched a few videos today & realized my "form" was a bit out of whack. In just my 2nd try I made it up over easy. Form plays a huge role. Now to keep working so I don't have to kip. I am pumped!

Woooooo just did a full legit kipping muscle up!!! I watched a few videos today & realized my "form" was a bit out of whack. In just my 2nd try I made it up over easy. Form plays a huge role. Now to keep working so I don't have to kip. I am pumped!

Woot!

Congratulations! That is great news :)

Yeah form and coordination play a big part in the kipping muscle up.

Reading your numbers from what strength work you can do - it was clear you had the strength to do a kipping muscle up... you just needed that something to 'click' in terms of timing and coordination :)

Well done again....

Shouldn't you be in the woot room now?

Thanks Yuen!

Pretty fun weekend, besides the boost from finally getting the MU's and doing them pretty much at will now, I went kayaking and did a interesting run as part of tough mudder preparations. I ran thru my normal park stopping at pavillions and swings/monkey bars doing box jumps, decline push ups, pull ups, dips, bear crawls & gorilla crawls. I was very tired. this was also after a leg workout the night before.

Later in the day I went kayaking. Always fun. Rested yesterday, but back at the usual today. I'm going to keep working the MU's too, kind of a GTG thing. I want to string several together. As it is now I have to come down off the bar, I havent been able to bounce back up after doing one.

I'm not sure which videos you watched regarding muscle ups, but I found this one particularly helpful

At around the 2:30 mark he starts explaining the timing of a kip (2:55 is the straight arm variation I think you should practise).

The video is more aiming towards your first muscle up, but it teaches the principles well. Basically to get your consecutive MUs, when you come down from the top of your MU, since you were 'behind' the bar at the transition, you will initially swing slightly forward as you come down. You time your hip and ab flexion during the backwards portion of your swing (so after you have swung forward). It does take timing and practise, but you should already understand the basic timing since you have completed one.

It's not a strength thing with you I'm sure. You are plenty strong. Just keep practising the timing of when to coordinate your arms/lats with your abs/hips.

Yay!! :D :D :D

And kayaking is wonderful!

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Yuen,

Thanks for the clip, I was following Mike Fitch's progression from GBT.

So my week one went very well, knocking out the muscle up portion of my goals. I will continue working them and supporting activities to improve to eventually doing a more controlled one. And also several kipping ones in a row.

The flag goal is still a ways out. I'm working my core a lot, but I have to be careful timing my actual flag practice because it puts so much strain on my shoulders and EVERY tiny muscle around them. It affects my over all upper body strength workouts & vice versa. In the mean time I have been doing less shoulder stressing side planks and one with my feet elevated, and then dipping my hips up & down.

I also counted out my tuck lever hold, 23 seconds! I was pretty gassed after than and my next one only went 6. On a different day, I got into my lever hold and extended each leg indiviually for 3 secs at a time.

Congrats on your muscle up progress! I'm sure you'll be stringing them soon enough. :)

Thanks! And happy to report last night I got 2 in a row! I will keep working until I can do many in a row

Not too much to report other than what I jsut stated about. Doing my workouts and playing around a bit with IF. I am right at the edge of really wanting to get lean, but not wanting to put that extra effort in to get to that point.

Still working on flags, to get my best gauge at how they are I have to do them fresh after time off from upper body.

My neighbors already know I am weird, they really have to think I have gone off the deep end with all the hanging ab work, muscle ups, hand stand practice in the yard I am doing.

Thanks! And happy to report last night I got 2 in a row! I will keep working until I can do many in a row

Not too much to report other than what I jsut stated about. Doing my workouts and playing around a bit with IF. I am right at the edge of really wanting to get lean, but not wanting to put that extra effort in to get to that point.

Still working on flags, to get my best gauge at how they are I have to do them fresh after time off from upper body.

My neighbors already know I am weird, they really have to think I have gone off the deep end with all the hanging ab work, muscle ups, hand stand practice in the yard I am doing.

:glee: Way to keep the neighbor's entertained!

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Nothing new to report. Still just working out & running. No additional milestones. Doing a MU here & there when I get the chance. This week will be a little light since I am runnign the tough mudder Sunday. I dont expect it to be hard, but I want to be fresh.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines