• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GunnJay

The GunnJay Identity

GunnJay - Level 2 Adventurer (Assassin Track)

Challenge #2 commencing...

I was fished out of the Mediterranean Sea not recognizing the man in the mirror.  A device surgically removed from my back flashes a number I know I've seen but can't remember:  "199.9." 

MAIN QUEST:           199.9

Return to that number.  As of today I have 116.1 pounds to go.

Sub Quests:

1.  Fight off the agents (Apathy, Lethargy) trying to stop me from reclaiming my identity.

Perform bodyweight exercises at least three times per week.  [DEX: 3 / STA:  2]

A:  Perform bodyweight exercises 3X per week for the entire challenge.

B:  Perform bodyweight exercises 3X per week for four weeks.

C:  Perform bodyweight exercises 2X per week for the entire challenge.

D:  Perform bodyweight exercises 2X per week for four weeks.

F:  Perform bodyweight exercises less than twice per week for four weeks.

2.  Put an end to Treadstone (Binge-Snacking, Empty Carbs)

Eliminate Empty Carbs from my diet 5 days per week & eliminate binge-snacking completely.

[Con: 4]  

(In this addition of the Challenge, "Empty Carbs" will be defined as: 

Soda, Chips, Fries, Cakes, Candy, White Pasta, Illicit Sandwiches)

A:  No empty carbs for five days per week during challenge.

B:  No empty carbs for four days per week during challenge.

C:  No empty carbs for four days per week for four weeks.

D:  No empty carbs for three days per week for three weeks.

F:  My fingers are stained orange from the Doritos!

3.  Clandestine Torture Training

Consume, at least, 4000 ml of water per day.

[sTA:  2 / CHA:  1]

A:  4000 ml of water five days per week during challenge.

B:  4000 ml of water four days per week during challenge.

C:  4000 ml of water four days per week for four weeks.

D:  4000 ml of water three days per week for three weeks.

F:   I looked at a glass of water a few days ago!

LIFE QUEST:   Language Learner

Learn Spanish with the duoLingo app on my phone.  [Wis:  3]

There are at least three lessons in each module. 

A:  Complete 1 lesson 3X per week for the entire challenge.

B:  Complete 1 lesson 3X per week for four weeks.

C:  Complete 1 lesson 2X per week for the entire challenge.

D:  Complete 1 lesson 2X per week for four weeks.

F:  Complete 1 lesson less than twice per week for four weeks.

STARTING STATS:       UNDER CONSTRUCTION

The Bourne theme is pretty awesome, I would've voted for the Henry Jones Jr. theme though 80D.

I would like to comment on the "Empty Carbs" one, It might be good if you define that a bit more Empty Carbs could be fairly generic, like maybe "Grain Based Carbs" or "Carbs not from Vegetables" or maybe focus on specific foods (Like how last challenge I focused on grain based bread, and this time I've leveled that up to include other grains). 

The third goal seems interesting, but it may not be... SMART enough. Perhaps you could specify the goal as "going from XL to L" (or whatever sizes are appropriate) or working on a different measurement. Although I'll have to say that one of the guild leaders didn't like my "Result" based goal  that dealt with waist measurements, so as he had suggested it may be better to focus on what you're doing to reach that result, especially since it would create something more easily measured. This could be something like a Caloric Intake, or maybe including specific foods to replace the ones you're cutting out, if you're not currently tracking your food, exercise and measurements beginning to do so is a suitable goal.

I love that you're trying to learn a new language, but I think this needs to be a bit more specific and measurable, like trying to learn a certain amount of words per week or etc (nothing too high, keep it realistic. I'd probably focus on two to three words a week, might seem low but it's an admirable goal and you don't want to rush through it, otherwise you'll begin to forget the words you've learned). Granted not that I can talk, I'm one of those "I can speak two languages. English and Bad English". But for a better feeling of success and progress for yourself creating something more specific will feel more rewarding in the end.

Good Luck, looking forward to seeing how you do this Challenge!

199.9 FTW! 

What are your biggest empty-carb offenders? 

Your goals are pretty streamlined and very attainable. I agree with RW about your life goal, though. How much further can you define that? 

Best of luck! 

Thanks for the input, all!

I've included a few heavy hitters in the "Empty Carb" section and I have focused my Life Quest.

I'm still trying to think of an interesting third sub quest alternative.  I may steal yours outright, Rogue Leader!

BTW:  My biggest empty carb offenders are definitely soda and fast food!  ...   OOOOHHHHH!  Maybe Avoiding fast food could be my third sub quest!

IIIIIIIInteresting!

Avoiding the fast food worked for me on the last challenge, if it's a problem for you I'd recommend it, I went from having something from an evil place with a neon sign every other day (and that's being generous) to 3 servings in the 6 weeks, and this time it'll be less than that.

Avoiding fast food is a decent enough goal, although you can eat healthier/carb light while going out to them (get your stuff bunless and cut out the fries, or get salads and don't do the dressing and croutons and such, if doing chicken make sure it's grilled etc.) If you think you that it's unlikely you'll behave yourself though, then staying away might be a good goal, but the question would be it's measurability.

I updated #3 and turned it into a water consumption quest.  I haven't been drinking enough for the last few weeks! 

The first few days of this challenge have been solid.  We started things off with a bodyweight workout Monday morning and a hike through one of the paths in a local State Park with friends in the evening! 

I did forget to measure, so that'll be up this evening, hopefully!

199, Oh I want to be there too :)  I was over 200 in middle school.  It's hard to think I could be that small again.  Soda can be hard to kick.  Sometimes it takes a week or more to really get it out of your system.  I still have a craving now and again for a soda, but I just stick with my water :)

Good luck this challenge.

Water is amazing! Glad your quest is going well! I wondered why your number is 400ml as it doesn't seem like a lot? Please remember to keep yourself hydrated sometimes cravings come along through being dehydrated and when you are working hard with bodyweight exercises!

How bout 4000?? My water bottle holds 1000 and my goal is to drink 4 of them!!

Thanks for the catch! "My goal is to drink one swig of water a day"

I think 2 litres is recommended amount :) I would aim for that. I easily drink more on workout days. Paleo does make me thirsty though as I lose a lot more fluid.

Hello, man....

Water is good for you! So why not keep a bottle at bay everytime? It works for me, and now it's all I drink :)

And if you see a Drive-Thru? Close your eyes!! XD

I love the duolingo app on my phone.  I've used it to start remembering Spanish I once knew, but haven't used in years, and also to start introducing myself to German.  (No use for German in my life right now, but it was there, and I was curious.)  I like that the app has reading, typing, speaking, and listening.  I think three lessons a week is more than doable.