• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GingaNinja

KingLeeroy's Castle Of Grind

Haha, yeah TOM is a jerk! I've felt pretty low energy so I decided to wait until tomorrow for my workout and also my body is still wanting chocolate these last couple of days.

I've been feeling that way too.  I think my low energy days are going for longer then the whole 30 says.  Today though, I actually feel pretty good.  I tossed and turned a bit in my sleep.  I got right up and did my workout this morning, and feel pretty good right now.  I had pushed my workouts off a day because Monday I really felt like doing nothing.

Last night I was having quite a few cravings for things that everyone else was eating around me.  Just got to keep resisting the cravings :)

I have a lot of respect for anyone doing the Whole 30 and it sounds like you are kicking your cravings butts. Dealing with our cravings can be a hard thing to do and I'm happy to hear you are doing so well. 

Sub'ing so I can cheer you on and hear about all your triumphs. 

Thanks for coming by Jonesy and thanks for subscribing, me and Tateman are Team Whole 30 as of now.  ;) Thanks for the support it really means a lot, cravings are really annoying but at least with the program it is easier to say no where if I was just trying to eat better I think I'd give in more often than not, I think this is why I kind of needed something like The Whole 3! Thanks again for dropping by :)

I've been feeling that way too.  I think my low energy days are going for longer then the whole 30 says.  Today though, I actually feel pretty good.  I tossed and turned a bit in my sleep.  I got right up and did my workout this morning, and feel pretty good right now.  I had pushed my workouts off a day because Monday I really felt like doing nothing.

Last night I was having quite a few cravings for things that everyone else was eating around me.  Just got to keep resisting the cravings :)

Yeah, this whole 16 day tiger blood thing doesn't seem all that likely to me at the moment! I really need to get my workout done tomorrow morning first thing, I really do want to get my exercise under my belt for this week. Glad that you are feeling better, I think overall I am as well but it would help if I could sleep better, I think part of it is my medication as well, it is supposed to cause a bit of problem sleeping.

Yeah! That was what I was like at that party, the smells are there and you want to join in with the group, I was worried people are looking at and wondering why I wasn't joining in, but actually I bet no one really cared!

...I was worried people are looking at and wondering why I wasn't joining in, but actually I bet no one really cared!

I'll bet you're right!!! Or, if I noticed a friend not eating something I expected her to eat, I might ask to make sure everything is okay, but I wouldn't judge her for it, ya know?

Also, yay boyfriend for making steak when you needed it most :) I'm glad things are looking a little bit sunnier.

Good luck getting your workout in tomorrow morning! Maybe that will help with the sleep? Damn (yet so helpful!) medication! Do you drink herbal tea before bed? I can't remember if this is available in the UK, but I love this tea during stressful times when I have trouble sleeping (not exactly the same as what you're dealing with, obviously). It's a nice soothing blend plus an added bonus of Valerian Root. It didn't help Tyler Durden, but it helps me. ;)

You are doing an awesome job with Whole 30!!! Keep it up!!!

Engery levels getting any better? I've spent the last couple of days doing not much better so I can relate to that.

If you do ever encounter anyone that's really pushing in regards to what you are eating claim, allergies, or sensitivites. If the I want to eat this way doesn't work. Okay, I really do have allergies but this works like a charm and restaurants are much better at making sure the order is right if they know it's due to allergies. One morning I was out for breakfast with my dad and ordered an omulet but asked them to hold the bread and cut the hash browns in half, they did and they sent my order back to me with tomato slices.

I'll bet you're right!!! Or, if I noticed a friend not eating something I expected her to eat, I might ask to make sure everything is okay, but I wouldn't judge her for it, ya know?

Also, yay boyfriend for making steak when you needed it most :) I'm glad things are looking a little bit sunnier.

Good luck getting your workout in tomorrow morning! Maybe that will help with the sleep? Damn (yet so helpful!) medication! Do you drink herbal tea before bed? I can't remember if this is available in the UK, but I love this tea during stressful times when I have trouble sleeping (not exactly the same as what you're dealing with, obviously). It's a nice soothing blend plus an added bonus of Valerian Root. It didn't help Tyler Durden, but it helps me. ;)

You are doing an awesome job with Whole 30!!! Keep it up!!!

Yeah he was super good and made an excellent salad to go with it. I did a big shop today so hopefully that situation shouldn't happen again! I managed my workout today. Thanks for the suggestion, I have seen friends having the Celestial teas in their house before so I am sure I could get it. If there is one thing Britain isn't short of it's types of tea. I do have some Dr Stuart Valerian tea somewhere as well, it does work for me when I've used it before but maybe a blend would be a bit nicer to drink. I drink more herbal tea now milk in tea isn't an option, gotten reacquainted with rooibos.

I guess it isn't the getting to sleep that is the problem, I have been getting to bed around 10-11 and falling asleep but I keep waking up through the night and then I usually wake up early naturally so I can't bet back to sleep in the mornings. I think it is still the SSRI's messing me up, but it should settle down soon I hope!

Engery levels getting any better? I've spent the last couple of days doing not much better so I can relate to that.

If you do ever encounter anyone that's really pushing in regards to what you are eating claim, allergies, or sensitivites. If the I want to eat this way doesn't work. Okay, I really do have allergies but this works like a charm and restaurants are much better at making sure the order is right if they know it's due to allergies. One morning I was out for breakfast with my dad and ordered an omulet but asked them to hold the bread and cut the hash browns in half, they did and they sent my order back to me with tomato slices.

My energy levels are a bit better, but the time of the month has been a bit of a knock back I think so I am sure I will feel a lot better after it has passed.

Yeah I didn't want to go into details about my diet today at work when I was asked what drink I wanted at the end of my wee shift. I just said I'd been having stomach problems which isn't completely untrue I need to start taking digestive enzimes to help the change in diet as I seem to have a bit of stomach acid stuff going on at the moment. Thank you for the advice though, there is a bit of fear of eating out that I would have to battle. I think I am just going to try and go for coffee with people instead which is a lot easier and cheaper :)

Oh man, the waking up and can't falling back asleep? That's the worst! I hope it does level out soon!

And yes to going out for coffee instead of food!

Also:

If there is one thing Britain isn't short of it's types of tea. 

This made me lol. :)

Have a great weekend!

Small update,: I actually got an semi-decent night sleep and didn't get up until just after 8am, which is pretty good for me! I walked around the block and played a lot of Skyrim, made a really nice but simple breakfast of eggs, tinned salmon, kale and lettuce and later roasted some veg and chicken for lunch. I generally feel a bit better today and my energy has been pretty good, I haven't felt like I've been completely knackered and wanting to take a nap.

I got my drawing done and tomorrow I am going to do a ceramics thing with some friends so that will be my drawing for tomorrow as well, just need to get up early and do my BBW before then.  I have sat on my behind a lot today though so I am going to go for a wee stroll to the secret garden project near my house and grab some fresh herbs I am going to marinade that pork again as it was so delicious when I did it last week!

Anyway, I will do a proper end of week update tomorrow!

Nice, hopefully we start hitting that no more nap feeling phase :)

I've been doing a lot of nothing too.  I did get my chili cooking today, but I have to get my workout in.  Might hit up the recycle center place today to dump off some electronics.

Nice, hopefully we start hitting that no more nap feeling phase :)

I've been doing a lot of nothing too.  I did get my chili cooking today, but I have to get my workout in.  Might hit up the recycle center place today to dump off some electronics.

Oh god I hope so! I have really had enough of low energy time! I was more productive today than the last two though, I hardly wanted to do anything the last couple of days. 

After last weeks face off with tough challenges of enchanted furniture, King Leeroy battles the forces of fatigue, she worked out with as much energy as she could muster but found the fireplaces and fur pelts looked most inviting. She spent days lying around dreaming about adventures in the past and future and how far she had come but also nightmares about indulging in vices and being attacked by vicious creatures. She rested and rested between her training and search for food but couldn't find the energy for days and days. Finally after searching through barrels, large sacks, small sacks and chests, she finds a cupboard that contained a few potions of minor stamina. She gulps one down happily and felt her energy increase a little and now she felt she could face the battles ahead.

End of Week 2 Update

This week I kept having a lot of disruptive sleep and had low energy, I also started my "special lady time" so I think that made things a bit worse. I ached a bit more and felt even more like snuggling under blankets and just playing Skyrim and though I did do that quite a bit I had overall a pretty good week. Around Saturday my energy picked up a bit more and Sunday I had a full day of activity and still felt OK so I feel like I am getting there.

1: Whole30: My eating has been really good, at the beginning of the week I ended up being a bit anxious and stressed, partly from outside factors of having a lot of appointments to make, time of the month not buying more meat in meant I hadn't quite eaten enough protein to recover from my workouts. I got that all sorted out later in the week and by the weekend I was feeling a lot better.

Proud of myself dodging social cake eating, I went to ceramics things with friends which meant we got to paint a mug, have tea and a slice of cake. I let them eat my cake and enjoyed my coffee. We then went for lunch and I ordered a steak and salad.  I actually went with my friend who is also a member of the NF forum and an armature power lifter, she is generally awesome and it was really nice to catch up with her.

2: Workout: I did it all my workouts this week, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. it was hard to be motivated with such low energy but I pushed through, I took an extra rest day again after Tuesdays physio and generally feeling pretty rubbish. I am glad I managed to have a really active day on Sunday. I am really struggling through still but Sunday's workout gives me hope.

3: Walking: I was pretty active this week and did 5 walks, I would really like to try making it a 7 day habit but it has felt really difficult to be motivated and get myself out of bed and putting my clothes on first thing in the morning especially when I've been so tired and hoping to manage to get a lie in to catch up on sleep, which never happens.

4: Drawing: I spent some time drawing out plans for next years veg patch design, I drew ideas for Samhuinn fire festival poster that I might enter this week to hopefully get chosen for the event by vote on facebook if it gets short listed! Finally I did some drawing and painting at the ceramics thing I went to, I was stuck on what to paint on my mug so I painted the Nerd Fitness logo on, once they put it through the kiln and glaze it I can go pick it up and I will have my own personalized NF mug, I will post a picture once I get hold of it!

Overall a tough but successful week. Hoping my energy levels will continue to pick up from now, will I get the promised Charlie Sheen tiger blood feeling some time between Day 16-27? Who knows.

Awesome job overcoming low energy and rocking the week. It sure seems like you did a lot this week even though you sound like you really didn't want to do.

Keep up the great work!

Fantastic work in week 2! That mug painting sounded fun :)

Well done, you are 1/2 way through the Whole30, keep on forging ahead!!

Secret Garden Project? This sounds interesting. I'm glad you are feeling better!

It is great, some people got permission from the local council to make a vegetable garden from a piece of land that people just let their dogs shit on. They have lots of fruit, veg and they also run events. I am doing a beginners grow your own organic veg course there for free, learning a few new things!

Awesome job overcoming low energy and rocking the week. It sure seems like you did a lot this week even though you sound like you really didn't want to do.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers, it was a tough week. everything was really hard work, but glad I managed to push through.

You go Leeroy! Great to see you still kicking arse, some of us had some pretty rough weeks this week but it looks like you really knocked this one right off the pitch, go you.

Cheers Welkin, sorry to hear your week didn't go so well, if it helps I can say unlike you I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment  because I am still recovering from my leg injury, so it is a wee bit easier to me to focus in on my goals, sounds like your plate has been full and you've been doing the best you can!

Fantastic work in week 2! That mug painting sounded fun :)

Well done, you are 1/2 way through the Whole30, keep on forging ahead!!

It was fun, I would definitely do it again, looking forward to see if my design worked out! I know Day 15 is nearly over and it has zipped by. Thanks

Very very good job.  I am impressed with your ability to avoid the cake, and still be able to eat out someplace.  I still worry about that a lot.  I have my nephews birthday coming up, so I will be on high cake avoidance for sure that weekend :)  The garden project sounds like a lot of fun :)

Here is the Nerd Fitness mug I painted, it turned out pretty well!

post-18025-0-54738400-1376403979_thumb.j

Loving the idea of the mug and the secret garden project is very cool! Community gardens are a great idea.

I'm also very glad that you are getting your energy back and are feeling better.

Yeah I am on the waiting list to get a wee bed there, be good to have more space to grow veg and it seems that I'd probably be more successful, my garden is OK but only so much I can do with it seen as we rent our flat.

Very very good job.  I am impressed with your ability to avoid the cake, and still be able to eat out someplace.  I still worry about that a lot.  I have my nephews birthday coming up, so I will be on high cake avoidance for sure that weekend :)  The garden project sounds like a lot of fun :)

Cheers Tateman, hope your nephews party is OK, I bet there will be bad options all over, I haven't had anyone be pushy with me yet so hope the same goes for you at the party, are you planning to take stuff to eat with you? What kind of deal it is, BBQ or general party crap?

I don't suppose you have a spare stamina potion, do you?! :) Sounds like a great week, and I can't wait to hear the next instalment...

If I find another one I will try to use my mind powers to send it down to you :) I am mostly glad it is over with, it was a tough week I had to argue with myself a lot to make sure I did everything, hope that your stamina picks up as well and you kick week 3 ass!

Way to go, plowing through the fatigue! Not easy.  You made it through and earned some willpower points for resisting cake.  That's awesome!

Cheers Joe! I hope that being faced with cake doesn't become a weekly occurrence, the same thing happened last week at a friend flat warming! I think I'll be able to pull off resisting though! Thanks again for the reply!

Here is the Nerd Fitness big I painted, it turned out pretty well!

attachicon.gifIMAG0342web.jpg

Turned out pretty good :)  I saw your avatar had it in it when I was replying in another thread.  I was going to come here and see if you had posted a picture of it :)

Cheers Tateman, hope your nephews party is OK, I bet there will be bad options all over, I haven't had anyone be pushy with me yet so hope the same goes for you at the party, are you planning to take stuff to eat with you? What kind of deal it is, BBQ or general party crap?

Not 100% sure yet what we will do.  Either We are going up to my Sister's place, or they will come here.  They are all into healthy stuff too, so I am not worried about being pushed into eating stuff I don't want.  I just have to make sure I have my whole 30 meals planned out if we go up there.

Cheers guys, I am pretty happy with it. It was pretty hard painting on a 3D surface, and because the paint darkens in the kiln it meant I wasn't sure it it would looks OK or not. I actually painted "King Leeroy" on the back as well but the letters didn't look quite a good as I made it too fiddly! If I do it again I will know to go for simpler lettering!

I have tried growing some things this year, hoping to be a bit more successful next year, some of it isn't ready yet though. Radishes, leeks, onions, purple broccolli, parsnips and I've just sown a bunch of salad and beetroot. I have tomatoes in the conservatory as well and some pots of herbs as well, what are you growing?