• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GingaNinja

KingLeeroy's Castle Of Grind

Sweet job on the mug KingLeroy!  I saw your pic on MissJo's and almost missed it was you!  I totally lusted after the mug and then to my great suprise I saw in your update that YOU made it!  That's awesome!

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!!  Keep up with the Whole30.  From what I remember on the chart they have on their site, the low stamina (also combined with "the special lady time") can be a killer but you should feel energized in these coming days.  Hang in there!  Suerte (good luck in Spanish) with the rest of week three!!

Sweet job on the mug KingLeroy!  I saw your pic on MissJo's and almost missed it was you!  I totally lusted after the mug and then to my great suprise I saw in your update that YOU made it!  That's awesome!

I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!!  Keep up with the Whole30.  From what I remember on the chart they have on their site, the low stamina (also combined with "the special lady time") can be a killer but you should feel energized in these coming days.  Hang in there!  Suerte (good luck in Spanish) with the rest of week three!!

Yay Violet! Thanks for dropping by xxxx

Yes I have had the same experience when people change profile picture, you get used to finding your place on a thread by their posts etc! I have been enjoying having my tea from the mug.

I have had a lot better energy this week, hoping it continues to rise! Thanks again and Suerte to you as well!

Sounds like you have quite a crop growing! All I have are weeds :tongue: but hopefully next year I'll be able to get my garden sorted and start growing some stuff.

There isn't all the much there unfortunately, hoping next year I can do better. I got a fair amount of radishes but not much of anything else (I am not even that keen on radishes) but not sure how well the broccoli will do, I have a lot of space I should fill, we have tons of weeds, our lawn is pretty ridiculous, really long grass and weeds.

Ow ow ow. My back and shoulders started really killing late last night and are still hurting this morning. I got a wee back rub and some cream rubbed in last night and stretched a bit last night and again this morning but not much improvement. Didn't sleep all that well because of it.

I hoped I might not have to but I am really struggling with my workout goal most of all. I am going to adjust my workout goal, with my body not being quite the same since my injury and trying to fit in all these workouts I just keep finding myself exhausted. I feel like it is stopping me from feeling motivated about my other goals, especially eating enough to help my muscles recover this week I have felt like I could just play Skyrim and not move instead of going and making myself lunch for example. I was playing a fair bit of Skyrim before but was still making sure I was taking a break to eat. 

I think I am going to change my goal to BBW twice a week and physio class once a week so it is still a 3 workout a week goal. The physio classes are challenging in a different way and I always struggle to get motivated to go, I actually missed my very first class because I didn't want to go, so including it as part of my challenge actually follows on from last challenge more and maybe I will be able to get more out of the classes because I will have a bit more energy to do more.

Sorry you're so sore.  I've found I recover the fastest when I force myself to drink LOTS of water and try to utilize the sore muscles throughout the day.  Gently flex and move your shoulders in a similar motion to what caused the soreness.  This plus the extra fluid seems to help flush out the built up lactic acid and keep the muscles from getting too tight while they recover.  DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, I'm just notorious for over training muscle groups and paying the price later.

Hope you recover quickly.

Thanks for asking Arillian, I am doing a bit better, just been feeling really exhausted, but I am going to post a week update soon. I can't believe this end of week 3 :/

Omg, so much has happen since the last time I was here!

I LOVE you mug and I wish I was bit more creative to do something like that, but my drawing and painting skills are nonexistent : (

Hope you are doing better with the pain!

Looking forward to see how week 3 was! 

Potions of stamina in pocket and sword sharp, our hero manages to bash open the door to the next hall, she is in a mysterious dark room filled with floating glowing blue orbs. She starts to explore them getting a little closer and eventually reaching out to touch one. Then a blast of bright light and a dark shape emerges out of the floor. Some ghostly spirit starts zapping her with lightning bolts. She catches some but deflects others with her shield. She hits it with her sword and somehow it seems vulnerable to the hits but she feels her swings are difficult. She drinks the two stamina potions she has left and she is ready to jump into battle. After some creative blocking and many good swings the ghost finally falls apart into a pile of ectoplasm, but KingLeeroy also feels like she is going to fall apart as well, that fight took it out of her. She searched the ghostly remains for possible cures but only finds and enchanted ring and a toadstool. She makes her way back to the fire place for now to rest up, there is a lot more fights to come.

End of Week 3 Update

This week started really well, on Sunday I had quite a lot of energy and did quite a lot, I worked a fair amount, I did exercise. On Friday I felt awful, I felt sore and tired and pretty grumpy.I think I hadn't had enough water, food and rest the first part of the week as I was excited about my new small burst of energy. I did manage to sleep a lot though so that was good as I have still been still been struggling getting enough sleep. I don't know how I have done it but still managed to keep up with the goals despite feeling like a bag of shit, I guess I finally feel more determined to make the changes in my life I want happen.

1: Whole 30:  I've had lots of dreams about drinking big glasses of coke cola and another eating a piece shortbread. Last night I felt really left out, we have a friend staying over and she brought pizza and then her and my boyfriend went out to buy beer. Pizza smelt good and they drank my favourite brand of beer Innis and Gunn so I felt a little bit sad. I also went to a party on Saturday where there was again an offering of cake, that is 3 weeks in a row! Still been rocking it, but I think I am bored and feeling a bit over it now. However, I've done 30 days a week tomorrow so I can start slowly introducing things in the next few weeks whilst keeping Whole 30 the rest of the time.

2: Workout: It has a pretty rough week physically so I made small adjustment to my exercise one exchanging one the BBW with attending my weekly physio class that I am struggling to be motivated for. With the adjustment and quite a few rest days I managed to do do another workout on Sunday so I met all my targets.

3: Walking: I almost nearly failed this, this week because feeling motivated has been really difficult, but I managed to get it done. It is nice walking around an being nosey at people's gardens.

4: Drawing: I managed 4 sessions of drawing this week, I was working on a poster for Samhuinn to submit but I missed the submission date. Which is a shame but I would have had to rush to get it finished, still I made a fairly cool painting that I will put up at some point this week.

Overall managing but struggling to feel motivated. I am hoping I can rely on my energy a bit more this week. It may be that I need to Whole 'X' a bit longer as I've not gotten Tiger Blood as of yet. 

I know the feeling! IT's moving along fast :)

Agreed, this challenge seems to be going faster then last challenge!

Yep really fast, I remember feeling a slump after Week 1 last challenge. This time Week 3 really passed me by!

Omg, so much has happen since the last time I was here!

I LOVE you mug and I wish I was bit more creative to do something like that, but my drawing and painting skills are nonexistent : (

Hope you are doing better with the pain!

Looking forward to see how week 3 was! 

I have a lot of free time so I guess I am on here a lot! But really I've been doing a lot of sitting around and playing Skyrim!

Thanks, hey never say never. I used to be shit at drawing as well, I used to get bad grades in Art and stuff but eventually I got better, I am sure you could do some great things if you wanted to :)

I am doing a bit better after the weekend! Thanks for asking xx

If you're lacking motivation reread your own post.  You're nearly done with a successful whole 30!  You've resisted Pizza, Beer, Cake, snacks repeatedly whilst under social pressure!  You've exercised regularly and you've kept up with your art! Has it been easy? No, but any journey worth taking is going to be a challenge.  

How awesome are you for no giving into temptation with the pizza, beer and cake?? I'm happy to see  you doing so well on your whole 30 goal!

I also second what AverageJoe said. The first few weeks of the challenge generally has a high amount of motivation and you can see in your posts that it's there. :)

Great job!

Still great avoiding those other foods!  it's funny, I have had dreams about eating foods too.  Cake the other day, and last night I don't recall what it was.  I think a candy bar or something.  I just remember waking up and thinking oh, it was just me dreaming that I snacked on it.

I was around a lot of fast food and hot dogs this weekend.  It was pretty rough feeling.  I wanted to grab a hot dog, or a few fries.  Instead I just waiting to come home and make fish and veggies :)  9 more days till I am officially done with the whole 30.  Though I am just going to extend it on the rest of the challenge.  It had me thinking that maybe I should take one day on the weekend where I can bring stuff back in a little.  Or maybe one meal.  I think when I weigh in, I hope to see good numbers, and I'll get bloodwork done near the end of the challenge.  I think seeing positive things there might help me stay focused on keeping the Whole 30 going for awhile.  At the very least, I can see this is how I will eat most of the time I think.

Keep up the good work, we will be at the end of this challenge in no time haha

If you're lacking motivation reread your own post.  You're nearly done with a successful whole 30!  You've resisted Pizza, Beer, Cake, snacks repeatedly whilst under social pressure!  You've exercised regularly and you've kept up with your art! Has it been easy? No, but any journey worth taking is going to be a challenge.  

Her Joe, thanks for the encouragement :) I do feel a lot better today after finishing my report and all I have achieved however grumpy I might have been. You are right it is worth while and I feel like I am determined to turn things around after having a really bad year with my injury. Thanks again for stopping by and the kind words I really appreciate it!

How awesome are you for no giving into temptation with the pizza, beer and cake?? I'm happy to see  you doing so well on your whole 30 goal!

I also second what AverageJoe said. The first few weeks of the challenge generally has a high amount of motivation and you can see in your posts that it's there. :)

Great job!

Thanks Jonesy! I think my willpower usually would be weak usually but The Whole 30 makes it easier to say no, which has really helped me get more out what I am eating! 

Thank you as well for the encouraging words! I feel like it's been such a slog and hoping it gets me somewhere! :)

Still great avoiding those other foods!  it's funny, I have had dreams about eating foods too.  Cake the other day, and last night I don't recall what it was.  I think a candy bar or something.  I just remember waking up and thinking oh, it was just me dreaming that I snacked on it.

I was around a lot of fast food and hot dogs this weekend.  It was pretty rough feeling.  I wanted to grab a hot dog, or a few fries.  Instead I just waiting to come home and make fish and veggies :)  9 more days till I am officially done with the whole 30.  Though I am just going to extend it on the rest of the challenge.  It had me thinking that maybe I should take one day on the weekend where I can bring stuff back in a little.  Or maybe one meal.  I think when I weigh in, I hope to see good numbers, and I'll get bloodwork done near the end of the challenge.  I think seeing positive things there might help me stay focused on keeping the Whole 30 going for awhile.  At the very least, I can see this is how I will eat most of the time I think.

Keep up the good work, we will be at the end of this challenge in no time haha

I know the dreams still freak me out with how realistic they are and how much guilt I feel, I felt myself thinking in the dream that I would eat the shortbread but then pretend I didn't and carry on the whole 30! 

Well done you for sticking to the goals and making yourself something good rather than eating the junk! We are kicking whole30 ass! 8 days for me! Next Wednesday I can't wait to measure myself!

Yeah I am starting to question my re-introduction, do I really want to do it at the end of 30 days because  I think I'd rather keep the momentum going and take it up to my friend's wedding party which is the final day of the challenge, it may be a buffet type thing so I might be safe-ish.

Just thought I'd do a wee update.

My appetite has been really rubbish the last few days but I think I am slowly getting over it, this is supposed to happen around now, food bored sets in and you are over the diet. I've ended up skipping meals because I really didn't feel hungry, though I probably was really. I am supposed to eat 3 meals a day and a post-workout protein source and not do any sort of IF which I kind of ended up doing once or twice.

I am so sick of chicken, I went out for a meal  on Saturday and my partner and I split a whole chicken after we'd already had two chickens in last week! I mean it wash delicious and but I think I need a chicken break My boyfriend went to the shop though and bought a slab of beef to roast so that helped a lot. I had some the next day for two meals. I also got some duck in as it was on offer and I love duck, can't wait to roast it up tonight!

In life news, we have another friend up to stay! He is from near where I am but I met him when he used to live up here in Edinburgh with my boyfriend. Here in Edinburgh it is the Fringe Festival. It is really crazy busy, the city centre is mobbed with people and pretty much every pub is a venue for for kinds of comedian or music etc. So we shall go see a couple of shows and catch up with other friends. We went out last night and I didn't really even feel like a pint much so that was good! I am going to have to try hard to fit some drawing in but my friend says he has some work he needs to do while he is here so I can hopefully fit it in then.

Finally I think that though I am struggling with energy a bit still my workouts are getting easier, I will see how I feel next week but I might try adding on the 3rd set to BBW. Right now I think my leg needs a wee rest! Maybe some skyrim later!

Wow, you're doing great.  Sticking with your goals with guests, a festival, and pubs surrounding you.  Mighty impressive.  I feel you on the food boredom.  The sight of broccoli and cabbage make me sad <sigh>.  By the way, how close are you to the end of the Whole 30? Got to be almost done right?

Hi Leeroy! Great job with all your goals, I'm especially impressed with the Whole 30! :)

Don't worry, everyone struggles with motivation at times. Just think about the reasons why you wanted to change. Just keep swimming, and play some Skyrim to cool down a little :D

Doing great!  I was worried about getting too bored with foods too.  I have been switching between beef, chicken, and fish pretty regularly so it hasn't been too bad.  My motivation hasn't been were I want this week, but I am trying to recover from that :)

Hi Leeroy! Great job with all your goals, I'm especially impressed with the Whole 30! :)

Don't worry, everyone struggles with motivation at times. Just think about the reasons why you wanted to change. Just keep swimming, and play some Skyrim to cool down a little :D

Thanks Ensi, Whole 30 is going well, I think I have lost a bit of weight but I won't know until Wednesday when I measure myself! Skyrim is pretty fun, I am maybe playing it a bit more than I should but oh well!

Doing great!  I was worried about getting too bored with foods too.  I have been switching between beef, chicken, and fish pretty regularly so it hasn't been too bad.  My motivation hasn't been were I want this week, but I am trying to recover from that :)

Cheers Tatean. I have been so bad with my eating, my appetite was none existent the other day, I feel a bit better now I have had a few different things the last day or so.Yeah my motivation and energy still seem pretty lack lustre. I feel knackered all the time, had a nap of the sofa today after my workout. Hope it evens out eventually.