• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GingaNinja

KingLeeroy's Castle Of Grind

CONGRATS ON DAY 30!!! I can definitely see a difference. That's really impressive!

I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well and maybe didn't get everything you were hoping from the Whole 30. Are you slowly reintroducing things? How did you decide to handle that?

Also, calipers aren't terribly expensive. I got mine on Amazon (US) for $15. There are cheaper ones as well, but I picked one with decent reviews. I'm still not 100% sure if we're doing it completely correctly, but I think we're doing it consistently, so it's good to measure against myself. But I'm not sure which is more accurate. The calipers give me a lower number than LiveStrong, so I'm going to go with that ;)

Hey everyone! Thanks for the comments, I thought the tummy definition was the most noticeable just have to keep that up! 

I have not really been online the last couple of days. Tuesday evening I started getting a sore throat and it knocked me flat for the next few days. I think I have just been pushing harder than I had been over the last few weeks with workouts and have just ended up being a bit run down. I actually slipped up on my morning walk goal because I just felt like sleeping and playing skyrim and nothing else, so that has move down to a B, I think I said earlier this would probably be the hardest part of the challenge because I need to be focusing on sleeping more. 

I reintroduced dairy and I think my guts were not so sure about it, they felt kind of tight but didn't react to badly either, so as long as I don't have a lot everyday or only have it occasionally. I should be OK. On day 31 I had a lemon curd yoghurt, a wee bit of milk in my tea, some cheese after my lunch and some hagen-daz belgian chocolate ice cream after a lovely dinner of steak and sweet potato mash

I was going to wait until tomorrow to try gluten but a friend brought cake and against my better judgement of it not being any good (it was a cheap supermarket one) I had a small piece. My hips started hurting which is something I used to get a lot but haven't had so much since I started eating more paleo so wheat might be the culprit. It may have been partly due to hunger because I felt much better after a whole30 approved dinner of salmon, roast sweet potato and salad.  I may properly test out wheat tomorrow as we are meeting up with my boyfriend's Mum and she will probably take us out to lunch, it's been ages since I've seen her and my boyfriend and I don't have much money so we don't really get to go out for good quality food. However I will only do it if we do somewhere amazing I can't pass up, otherwise I will make the best paleo choice I can. 

So yes overall, I've been kind of lazy and feeling sorry for myself. I found myself in the shop buying  a small bar dark chocolate which made me question how well the Whole30 went for me. However I really thought about it and picked it up and put it down a few times and walked around the store for longer than I needed to before I decided that I really wanted it and I waited to get home until I started eating it, something I would probably have eaten in two minutes on the way home previously.

Did my physio class on Tuesday and it was a real struggle but I got through it, I totally zoned out and the idea of working out didn't even cross my mind on Thursday and then I realised Friday is the last chance to get sufficient rest for doing a workout on Sunday so despite feeling crap I knocked out one round of BBW.

Finally drawing has been a bit lack luster so far, but I've done a little bit, hoping to get a few things started over the weekend. I think pushing myself to draw is good, but also hard because I am not full of inspiration and ideas I need to have more of set plan. I need to set myself a project that will keep me interested.

CONGRATS ON DAY 30!!! I can definitely see a difference. That's really impressive!

I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well and maybe didn't get everything you were hoping from the Whole 30. Are you slowly reintroducing things? How did you decide to handle that?

Also, calipers aren't terribly expensive. I got mine on Amazon (US) for $15. There are cheaper ones as well, but I picked one with decent reviews. I'm still not 100% sure if we're doing it completely correctly, but I think we're doing it consistently, so it's good to measure against myself. But I'm not sure which is more accurate. The calipers give me a lower number than LiveStrong, so I'm going to go with that ;)

Yeah I think I will invest in a pair to get more accurate reading! I was considering a cheap set a while back, but will have to wait for benefit money to come it.

Hey you made the decision that you really wanted the chocolate and didn't scarf it back on the way home. It's progress :)

Yup, that is true.  Just like they say in the book.  You made a decision to get it.  Then you can have it and enjoy it.

Hopefully, the different foods are playing ok with your body.  I guess after this process it is time to find the balance in eating good and healthy.

I had some wheat yesterday, went out for that meal with my boyfriend's mum, went to an amazing chinese hot pot place, with broth boiling in the middle and a massive plate of seafood and veg, I had 2 small beers. I don't think there was wheat in the broth, I hope not anyway because it would mean apart from the beer it was pretty paleo, not that it makes having the beer any better, but I really appreciated it. I feel a bit sore in my hips again today. 

I am still really ill, skipping my workout today and I've spent all day snuggled up warm, my boyfriend went off to work but he made my promise to take it easy. It feels bad being so lazy but I know I won't get better if I don't rest up.

Sorry to hear you're under the weather.  Hope you're up and feeling better soon.  It sounds like the whole 30 did change your outlook on food.  You seem more conscious about your food choices.  Congrats. 

I've been out of touch for the last 2ish weeks so some of this is pretty late. 

1. Congrats on day 30!!! You, Tateman and the whole30 book have encouraged me to try it. 

2. You can totally see that you have lost inches and that should make you so proud!!! I'm proud of you. :)

Sorry to hear you are not feeling great and don't worry about the feeling bad about being lazy. I know it's a tough feeling to ignore but you are doing everything right when you rest yourself when you are sick or hurting. 

King Leeroy's battles are far from over with hungry beasts that hunt her. Her energy is low and things have become difficult. The energy drain spell seems to have become an infection, plaguing her for days. She feels that the final push will be difficult but level 3 is so close, she enters a room and  can see the stairs through a barred gate. Now she just has to figure out how to open it.

End of Week 5 Update.

This week has been a tough one. Ended up getting a cold on Tuesday so I haven't been doing all that well with my goals.

1: Whole 30: I finished the Whole30 on Wednesday. Hurray go me! I have enjoyed trying some other foods again. I haven't really been sticking to the reintroduction protocol strictly but I have thought about what I've wanted to eat. I think that I hoped to be a bit slower about introducing foods back in but the draw backs haven't really been that severe. I am also a bit poor at the moment as some money was meant to go through that hasn't yet so I haven't been able to do a food shop to get more paleo food.

2: Workout: I did my physio class and one round of BBW later in the week but I've been feeling so unwell that I skipped my third one, so this moves down to grade B from A after 4 weeks of good perfomance. I am still happy that I tried to push myself even though it has lead to me feeling a bit run down. I think I need to think hard about what I want to tackle next challenge exercise wise, because feel like there could be something that will work better long term.

3: Walking: I missed my first one of 5 this week, this was on Thursday when I really didn't want to move at all and just stayed in side all day. I felt bad to take it down to a B, but recognised this was probably going to be the hardest part of the challenge. I've still been struggling with sleep and the idea of getting up when I could have a thin ray of hope of falling back asleep. 

4: Drawing: Yeah I kind of failed on this one as well. No excuse really I've been at home with little to do but I've just been feeling really ill and tired.

Overall, not a great week. I am going to try this week. I have done my walks and bought better food in for a start. I still don't feel well enough to do a heavy workout but I will see how I get on.

Also, I might have a new job so that is exciting!

I have kept up my walking this week but haven't done any workouts. Eating is slowly getting back on track, I tried some oats today and I felt super bloated afterwards, looks like I should avoid those. To be honest they have never been a massive part of my diet though, I very occasionally want porridge in winter and Stoats porridge oat bars occasionally (which is what I had today). My boyfriend is now getting the worst of what I had but he has had to go for a full day of work. We are both on the lemsip all in one and stepsils!

Todays has been a bit funny. I've been stressing out a bit because the job I might have but they asked me to fill in some online application part of it sent me an automatic email saying I hadn't been accepted when I already had been for an interview sent an email by part of the recruitment team saying I should completed it and email her when it is done so she can tell me about the next part. So I won't know until tomorrow when she gets back to me! I am really worried because one was numeracy and it isn't my strong suit! I also forgot to take my anti-depressant until late in the day and that made me feel even more anxious. 

Get better!

Thank you!

Sorry to hear you're under the weather.  Hope you're up and feeling better soon.  It sounds like the whole 30 did change your outlook on food.  You seem more conscious about your food choices.  Congrats. 

Yes it did help, though I wish I could have been a bit more structured with my re-intro. Hoping to carry on doing a bit better for this last week!

Maybe it was how the food was prepared? So many possible factors when it's hot pot. Rest up and get better soon!

I was sick before the hot pot, I think the broth was the only thing that might have wheat in it, it didn't seem very floury though. The food was mostly fresh seafood so not much prep apart from cracking open the shells :) thank you I am feel a bit better these last two days.

I've been out of touch for the last 2ish weeks so some of this is pretty late. 

1. Congrats on day 30!!! You, Tateman and the whole30 book have encouraged me to try it. 

2. You can totally see that you have lost inches and that should make you so proud!!! I'm proud of you.  :)

Sorry to hear you are not feeling great and don't worry about the feeling bad about being lazy. I know it's a tough feeling to ignore but you are doing everything right when you rest yourself when you are sick or hurting. 

Thank you Jonesy! Glad you want to try it! Thank you, I felt good about the pictures I just hope I haven't completely reversed it in two weeks!

Hope your feeling 100% soon.  And fingers crossed/congrats on the prospective new job!    :)

Me too, thank you again! I am hoping even if I don't finish up as strong at least I can recover for next challenge starting!

I know I'm late to the game here with this, since I've been away for a while. But there's a definite difference in those pictures, good job!

Thanks! I think the distance of the camera might be a bit deceptive but I am glad there is a difference, worried I might have put a bit back on now. Hopefully easily reversed!

The journey has been long, working her way through the corridors and vast chambers, the energy drain spell finally has mostly worn off and she feels that though she might not be fully prepared she is ready for new challenges ahead. The barred door open. It is tough and won't even shift, she tries for hours and hours and finally. Sees a camouflaged chain with a handle attached to it, she pulls it and the door slides open easily and starts to head up the steps.

End of Challenge report.

Well this one has been interesting. I definitely had a lot more momentum this challenge than the last one. I am impressed with myself and my ability to get through 4 weeks of challenges with all As. It is just unfortunate that I got ill at the beginning of week 5 and it kind of made the last two weeks a lot harder and my scores have been effected.

What I am most proud off this challenge is doing all the things I did in the first four weeks whilst I was completely knackered, I have been sleeping poorly all challenge and still managed to pull myself out of bed to walk and workout. I completed a Whole 30 and lost a wee bit of weight in the process!

Starting measurements 

Height: 166cm, Hips: 103cm, Waist: 88cm, Neck: 42.5cm, Bicep: 35 cm, Left thigh:71cm, Bodyfat %: 32.66

Post Whole30 measurements: 

Height: 166cm, Hips: 101cm, Waist: 85.5cm, Neck: 40cm, Bicep: 34 cm, Left thigh: 70cm, Bodyfat %: 31.39

I roughly mesaured myself this morning but I had already eaten and drank but there is a 0.5-1 cm loss and gain here and there. This doesn't surprise me that much but it will make me redouble my efforts on the eating front now I am feeling a bit better. I also will get some calipers for bodyfat measurement for next challenge, though I might change the main quest next time. Anyway, lets get to the scores!

1. Get my cravings under control with a Whole 30: CON 5

I completed The Whole 30 yay, go me, however I didn't pay as much attention to the reintroduction phase and seen as I've had no money I resorted to having a slice of toast here and there, cereal now and again. I haven't been stuffing my face but I feel like I made less healthy choices a bit more often than I should have. I giving myself a B. 3.75 CON

2. Do beginners bodyweight workout 2 times a week and attend my physio class each week. STR3/STA 2

I did really well on getting this done for the first 4 weeks but one week 5 ended up doing only two workouts and week 6 I did some longer walks but no bodyweight stuff. I've been feeling really rough, chest infection type thing and it completely floored me. I did 12+ workouts over the challenge so I get B. 2 STR/1.75 STA

3. Walk for 5 minutes in the morning. STA 2

Well I did fairly well on this, though it was hard to do it when I really needed to be getting more sleep. I managed a B on this one, so well done me! 1.5 STA

Spend an 20 minutes at my desk concentrating on drawing three times a week: WIS 3 

It hit week 5 and I really didn't have much energy to put into anything so my work drawing suffered. Again it is a case of doing really well for the first 4 weeks and then losing it a bit in the last two. I get a B for this as well. 2.25 WIS.

Overall I think that this was a massive improvement on my last challenge and if I feel like if I hadn't had outside interruptions regarding money and illness a lot of these would have been A grades. I think I burnt myself out a little bit and next challenge I need to think more about quality over quantity. I am really considering changing my main quest to be more about my overall health and happiness, but I probably won't make any decisions until the end of next week! 

Hi KL, sounds like you did fantastically on the challenge (despite being ill).  I'm on day 7 of the Whole30 so it's definitely encouraging to see someone who has finished it.  Well done!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next challenge :)

AB xx

I think you did pretty damn well this challenge.  Dealing with illness is never easy and you still managed to pull out B's across the board, that's great!!  I'll be keeping an eye out for you next challenge.  

I forgot to put a BIG thank you to everyone who messaged and supported me during this challenge. It has made the tougher weeks easier. Special shout out to Adventurers Assemble team and Tateman for being the best team and whole30 partner ever! You are all swell and look forward to seeing you all next challenge!

Hi KL, sounds like you did fantastically on the challenge (despite being ill).  I'm on day 7 of the Whole30 so it's definitely encouraging to see someone who has finished it.  Well done!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next challenge :)

AB xx

Hey Blaidd! Thanks for stopping by! Hurray for reaching Day 7 that is awesome. Good luck with the Whole30, hope it hasn't been to tough so far! How are you finding it?

I think you did pretty damn well this challenge.  Dealing with illness is never easy and you still managed to pull out B's across the board, that's great!!  I'll be keeping an eye out for you next challenge.  

Hey Joe,Thank you! I will be totally reading your challenge a lot more next time as well! Thanks for the support your messages have been great to read this challenge!  

You did great.  Getting sick is never good.   Get plenty of rest, and come firing back for next challenge.  It was really great having you along with me on the Whole 30 journey.  keep up the good work!

I have to agree with everyone else, you did a fantastic job! I think most people get sick during the challenges at some point or other and learning when to push past it or rest up is always a great learning experience!