• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GingaNinja

KingLeeroy's Castle Of Grind

I forgot to put a BIG thank you to everyone who messaged and supported me during this challenge. It has made the tougher weeks easier. Special shout out to Adventurers Assemble team and Tateman for being the best team and whole30 partner ever! You are all swell and look forward to seeing you all next challenge!

Hey Blaidd! Thanks for stopping by! Hurray for reaching Day 7 that is awesome. Good luck with the Whole30, hope it hasn't been to tough so far! How are you finding it?

I'm thrilled you've found a team of people who are able to support you! Sometimes it's the biggest part of the battle to conquer, but having people to keep you accountable and to encourage you is what drives you when you don't think you can go anymore.  I hope that you keep your team next challenge :) 

(OK mod hat off) I'm not going too badly.  I've been mostly symptom free, although i woke up with a tummy ache and a raging headache this morning - nothing a few pain pills haven't dulled.  I've also been pre-prepping so i think that's been a huge factor in my success so far.  I also *love* cooking and i've been rediscovering my love for it over the past few months.  I'm especially happy when i make something and it turns out so well - i made coconut crusted chicken tenders for dinner last night and although they were slightly burnt, they were delicious. They worked perfectly with the roasted beets and carrots too!

Do you have a place where you have posted recipes that you've used?  I would definitely be keen to check it out. (i'm posting mine in my battle log as well as on my primal blog).

A big, no a HUGE Congratulations, King Leeroy!

I bet that castle-thief is frozen with fear of you right now. You're certainly showing it who's the owner of the castle, huh?

Dealing with food craving is so hard, isn't it? I'm glad you did so well on it. Hm... The random turkey legs... Were they tasty? :D I wish my forest had things like that, but I don't think my fellow birds would appreciate it very much. Oh, well...

Anyway, congratulations, you did a great job :D

A huge bear hug to you!

Good job Leeroy, great to see you pull out the success that you have. 

Thanks Rogue :) I am pretty happy overall!

You did great.  Getting sick is never good.   Get plenty of rest, and come firing back for next challenge.  It was really great having you along with me on the Whole 30 journey.  keep up the good work!

That is my plan the chest cold/infection/whatever it is sort of disappearing but due to it being Autumn now it is getting kind of dusty and damp in our flat and we need to do a big a big clean, hoping it will settle down and we don't have to do tons on work like previous years.

I have to agree with everyone else, you did a fantastic job! I think most people get sick during the challenges at some point or other and learning when to push past it or rest up is always a great learning experience! 

Cheers Jonesy, it is annoying when you are on a role but it happens, I just have to get back on it when I am feeling better.

You've done great! I'm looking forward to the next challenge with you!

Thanks Arilian, you've been an awesome team mate! I look forward to seeing you next challenge as well!

I'm thrilled you've found a team of people who are able to support you! Sometimes it's the biggest part of the battle to conquer, but having people to keep you accountable and to encourage you is what drives you when you don't think you can go anymore.  I hope that you keep your team next challenge :)

(OK mod hat off) I'm not going too badly.  I've been mostly symptom free, although i woke up with a tummy ache and a raging headache this morning - nothing a few pain pills haven't dulled.  I've also been pre-prepping so i think that's been a huge factor in my success so far.  I also *love* cooking and i've been rediscovering my love for it over the past few months.  I'm especially happy when i make something and it turns out so well - i made coconut crusted chicken tenders for dinner last night and although they were slightly burnt, they were delicious. They worked perfectly with the roasted beets and carrots too!

Do you have a place where you have posted recipes that you've used?  I would definitely be keen to check it out. (i'm posting mine in my battle log as well as on my primal blog).

It has been super lovely to have a great time, the group I joined last time had some great people some of which are current in the team so it has been awesome. I know there have been times when I started feeling low or freaking out and reading their posts really helped me.

Glad it is going OK, I had a great first week and then I seemed to get trapped in the want to sleep phase for the rest of the challenge, I think that was more to do with medication than food though as I haven't been sleeping well.

That chicken sounds awesome, I always start thinking I should post my recipes on a blog and stuff, I am a keen cook. I made a chicken roast in coconut oil and boil the bones to make stock and use to make butternut squash soup often with coconut milk. I made something like heuvos rancheros but on a bed of salad and a pack of ground beef. I found this great marinade http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/herb-marinated-pork-chops/

A big, no a HUGE Congratulations, King Leeroy!

I bet that castle-thief is frozen with fear of you right now. You're certainly showing it who's the owner of the castle, huh?

Dealing with food craving is so hard, isn't it? I'm glad you did so well on it. Hm... The random turkey legs... Were they tasty? :D I wish my forest had things like that, but I don't think my fellow birds would appreciate it very much. Oh, well...

Anyway, congratulations, you did a great job :D

A huge bear hug to you!

Thank you bear hugs are awesome and thank I am happy with my results!

Sounds like you've done really well this challenge KL! You should be proud of yourself for managing in spite of being ill, as it's sooooo easy to give up when feeling under the weather, but you didn't! You kept going! Which is fantastic (and you've inspired me to do the Whole30 in the next challenge!)

Will keep in touch, and see what further challenges your journey through the castle have in store!

Good luck with the Whole 30 next challenge, not certain what I shall do food wise next time, I might not make a main goal though. The Whole 30 made it easier to stick to, now I don't know what to do. Oh well I shall no doubt spend tons of time typing it up at the weekend.

That is true, not sure I want to do it for a challenge goal this time though I think I might hop on a Whole 3 or a whole 7 come Monday though and stick to a paleo style thing over the challenge, I may be going away camping and it is my birthday in this challenge so I probably won't be so strict as last challenge. My boyfriend just started a job at a cafe and keeps bringing home left over scones, I've eaten quite a few of those this week and went out for a night out for the first time in months and got a bit wobbly drunk so I feel the need to take a few days taking better care of myself!

Also, I didn't get that job but I handed in my notice to my other one as it felt like it was time.