Evenewbie is making it work!

I am Eve

Not your most inspired day but you still covered more human powered distance in day than most people do in a week. :triumphant:

Thanks Brian, you do know how to cheer a girl up :-))

You've done great this week!  Be careful of burnout, though.  You do have to give yourself time to recover so you can get stronger.

Go, Go, Go!

Spoken like a true scientist. I took your advice and now I'm alive and kicking again!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Sounds awesome!

It was, still need to get used to the distance though! Also, I am blessed to have access to the ocean and nature the way I do!

My husband and I were just talking about this. We had a delightful Sunday and were able to do just that--spend time with each other at a leisurely pace, which is quite the relief since there have been Things Happening a lot recently. And we want to aim for such a day once per week.  It makes the heart so much lighter!

Very true!

Sometimes I think "time is the new money", meaning that this is our most valuable currency! 

I got some dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. I've been putting pieces in my lunch!

*drool* Can you put some pieces in my lunch?

I would be thrilled to do so! I was always a little disappointed that the small portioned dark chocolate sticks by CocoaVia never really took off, because they were perfect for a daily dark chocolate fix without detailing your diet.

I love that kind as well. Now honestly, what would life be without chocolate........

Recap of last week

Yoga

I did yoga all days but one - I took a "rest" day. Experience later showed that I should have listened more carefully to my need for rest. Lesson learned.

6/7

Studying

Due to it being a busy work week I only studied one day. Working on that routine and it is slowly coming

Running

A lot of biking and all my three runs probably made me a bit exhausted and affected the coming week.

Sleep

I had the possibility of seven hours all nights but woke up very early one morning and kind of couldn't go back to sleep. I managed to take half the day off though that day.

Making it work

Yes, I am still stopping along my day to see that I make the right choices and priorities.

An excellent week.  If you don't push the boundaries sometimes, you don't know what they are.  And like Steve's post today said - those boundaries move.  Keep up the good work!

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

An excellent week. If you don't push the boundaries sometimes, you don't know what they are. And like Steve's post today said - those boundaries move. Keep up the good work!

Thanks MS! I need to read that post:-) And yes-there is only one way to test boundaries, and it's usually not by thinking about them ;-)

*sends over some sunshine for your runs* :)

youre doing well, it always amazes me how much some of you guys can work out! hope to get there eventually if my body lets me... wish i found the fun in sports in my twenties...hehe....

keep up the good work! :)

Hope you got your runs in?  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

*sends over some sunshine for your runs* :)

youre doing well, it always amazes me how much some of you guys can work out! hope to get there eventually if my body lets me... wish i found the fun in sports in my twenties...hehe....

keep up the good work! :)

Thank you ! The sunshine arrived :-)

Yes, I am getting used to the new distance and it's going better and better.

Hoping that you'll heal quickly:-)

Well - I have not had this kind of stamina before, it came as I matured;-)

Hope you got your runs in? :)

*sprints towards the finish line*

Update runs

3 times and another 15 k's at 6,33 per k :-))

Yoga

6 out of 7

Once with my wonderful teacher.

Studying

Done once. Still working on that habit.

Sleep

All done. This is REALLY working.

*sprints away*

You nailed the one that matters - sleep.  Recovery time is very important for gaining fitness, so three runs per week is actually better than seven.  Good job!  Yoga almost every day is awesome.  Keep up the good work!  We are rooting for your studying!

Level 8 Human Druid

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Thank you MS and Eilyd :-))

Soooo, coming up for air now, things have calmed down a little. Our 18 year old is apparently going through  rough times and takes it all out where he feels safe : at his fathers place (my partner). We don't think it's anything new and serious (girl trouble plus the fact that he is unhappy about the situation that his mother and father don't get along, and they don't unfortunately) but he sure can make life HELL for us. We went to counseling yesterday and got some good advice and reflections there, and I have decided not to go on a planned weekend trip today but stay home and rest and get ahead instead of behind....

More updates and visits on your threads today and tomorrow!

So, my last week

Yoga 5/7

Reasons: see above. It's been rough - and I have also just gone to the mat to seek peace and quiet.

Situation has calmed down, for now.

Running

Twice and once the 15 kilometers.

Went on a lovely extended weekend trip and indulged ;-)

Studying

Twice last week, not bad  :nevreness:

Sleep

7/7

This one is really working and I am so thankful for that, without sleep I would be lost....

Now I am putting effort into week five......

and planning my move to a new workplace Oct first

Ok, a new update to follow but I just had to share.

I did my 15 k today. Pouring rain - not at first but it grew - I felt that I was fast (and my app told me).

Ended up at home, really soaking wet and a with a new PR. Last was 6:33 per k. This one was 6:21.........

I'd say I'm back  :onthego:

Welcome back!  I think you rocked week 5.  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Good job on everything!  You are finishing strong.  One more week.  Keep going...

Level 8 Human Druid

Ok. It's early morning and sleep is absent. Many things on my mind.

Update last week is missing so let's start there.

Ups and downs. My partner and I had a week off and started with a lovely weekend trip to see friends. Then we needed to trim hedges and do a lot of work in the garden. The next weekend we had another trip planned but I felt the need to stay home and rest so I did. Still have to be very cautious about my energylevels.

I am happy about my achievements though:

Still doing very well on the sleepgoal 7/7

Yoga six days out of seven including three occasions with my teacher

Running: three times and a new PR on 15 k

Studying only once, BUT the book I've been going through all summer is almost finished

This week to follow, still working on those results ;-)

Welcome back!  I think you rocked week 5.  :)

Good job on everything!  You are finishing strong.  One more week.  Keep going...

Go you!

Great support going on here, thanks a million! I'd be much worse off without you guys!!!

Great support going on here, thanks a million! I'd be much worse off without you guys!!!

Same here, same here.  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines