Evenewbie is making it work!

I am Eve

I hope all of you have/had a great last challenge day.

As for me I did well: a new PR on 15 k's ; 6:15 per kilometer, aaaaand I finished my book that I have read this summer ( a summary of my field of work in 57 chapters).

If I can do it you guys can!!!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Challenge summary.

It's been an busy week so I have started summarizing in my mind several times this week - feeling very comfortable reflecting over my theme: Making it work.

Did I make it work: YES!!

It really helped me during complex, difficult and stressful days to take a step back and look at my accomplishments already made and what I needed to do to make that day work. Instead of getting lost in stress and "musts" I did keep my head clear (reasonably clear  :nightmare: ) and made good choices and priorities.

This is what I wrote in the beginning:

This challenge is about
connecting the pieces in the puzzle. 
The last challenges have included segments leading up to this;
Me time - Work - Relationship - Health
I have built a platform where I feel reasonably stabile. Yeah, reasonably. My latest backlash was less than a month ago. 
In a 24 hour and 365 day perspective, I want to make it work . If I keep all the pieces in my life on a daily basis this allows for balance, laughter and love. 

Two weeks ago I started working full time after being on whole/partial sickleave for about two years. In another two weeks I will start my new job in a city about one hours flight away from here. I applied for a position here even before I was working full time and they found me interesting enough to create a space and offer me a substantial pay raise. This makes me very proud. To prepare for this I have done a lot of studying this summer and have finished the comprehensive work I chose to read, even though I doubted my intellectual capabilities. 
I have proved to myself that I can make it work!!

The details:
I planned
Daily yogapractice. One hour. Preferably in the morning. This helps me see the space for me time. It creates harmony and helps me breathe. Also it allows for me to be a harmonic family member. 

So, yoga in the morning didn't work. I don't know if I was just too tired or if it will work another time but I abandoned that pretty soon. I managed to see my "teacher" four times and also went to a short course with her. She worked on bandas with me and that was very inspiring (and hard). I learned how to do the wheel :-)
Yoga is a part of my life now, and it is unfolding in a million exciting ways.

So all in all 34 times = B

I planned
Sleep 7, not 8, hours per night (since yogapractice starts 0500 on weekdays)
A long term goal and I need to discipline myself and GO TO BED!! This increases overall quality of awake hours. I need to quit being afraid of missing all the fun if I go to bed ;-)

Now yoga in the mornings didn't always happen but sleep sure did. This is so great and I have even more fun when I sleep enough. I wish I could say that I did this magic thing and made it work but I honestly think that working hard on the habit is what did it :moon:

40 nights with seven hours of sleep or more = A

I planned
Running keeps me strong and sane. 
Increasing distance from 10 to 15 kilometers, three times per week, once the longer distance. 
My body is smiling at me these days, flexing new muscles. My mind gets release from tension and stress by focusing on the breath, the path, the pace.

Now moving on to 15 kilometers was hard, and painful! I seriously considered changing the goal but then it got easier. My last run was 15 k in 1:33, 6:14 per kilometer. I am happy :onthego: 

I ran 15 k six times, and I ran 16 times apart from that = A

I planned
Life quest
Work-new job starts 1/10. Studying is important to enable me firstly to blow the dust from my existing knowledge. Secondly there are quite a few new things to learn. Creating the routine to study every week is vital for my career. 

During the summer (as part of previous challenge as well) I have finished the work I chose to read. I feel more confident that I am able to keep up and have created the routine of studying. It still needs a lot of work, but it's there... 
I passed.

It's been a rough summer but as so many of you I feel better when I look at my summary and conclude - it wasn't all bad :redface-new:

I have chosen to believe in myself.

I just want you to know that I think you're awesome. You are such a huge inspiration to me, and I want to thank you for that!

Here's to the next challenge! :)

Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

Awesome progress!  You've inspired me to try again with the sleep goal.  I've got a new set of tools for this challenge. 

HUGE congrats on the new job.  I hope it works out wonderfully for you.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines