Browncoats - We aim to misbehave (ship is full)

Sorry, the Serenity has reached capacity.  We're all filled up.

Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.

I think that just about says it all.  We're all here for different reasons.  We've all got different things trying to keep us from achieving our goals, people telling us how we should be doing things, but we won't be running from our goals anymore.  We're rebels here.  We aim to misbehave. :D

EDIT: This squad is for anyone from any guild.  I don't want anyone to feel like they shouldn't join because they're not first timers. 

BROWNCOATS:

cavemom

UltanBoyd

chickie.monkey

NordicGiraffe

sarahkingdom

Grank

Lonniepops

bmacxtreme

Squeege

Jakkals

SphrthsMstrss

SelinaKyle

WalkingDeadlift

Tayrey

SheWhoCrews

scottf2

rowan

• Like 1

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Same with a challenge eh! I'm in Captain Fancy-Pants!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Shiny!

I'm in another accountibilibuddies group, but I couldn't not stop by and say hi to my fellow Browncoats.   :)

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

If I snuck into your group under false pretenses - I haven't finished my Firefly self-indoctrination yet, but I can chalk up Farscape and Blakes 7 under my rebels-on-spaceships column - would you be willing to look the other direction?  Because I think a little behaving badly on spaceships would increase my enjoyment of this challenge about 1000%. :)

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Okay, I added challenge links to the first post so we can keep track of each other and motivate and all that stuff.

Also, I'm not completely sure who wanted to join the squad, and who was just stopping by to say "yay, Browncoats!"  So if I added you to the list, and you were just saying hi, let me know.  And if I didn't add you to the list and you wanted to be, also let me know. 

I was also thinking maybe we should introduce ourselves so that we can know more about each other, other than that we all love Firefly.  I'm Brenda, I'm in my mid-30s.  I've been married for almost 14 years, and I have three kids, ages 15, 10, and 6.  I live in Utah.  I love reading and watching movies, pretty much any and all SF&F stuff.  I'm giving yoga a try for this current challenge, so that's kind of my fitness focus right now.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

I'm Lonnie, 24, from PA. I'm the marketing coordinator for a community hospital. I'm an avid movie goer, and am finally getting back into reading a book a month (used to read much more in school). I'm working on general fitness for my first challenge and dropping my excess weight before moving onto strength later down the line.

This here seems to be my kind of shindig.  I'm in if you'll have me!  Browncoats Unite!

First challenge for me this time.  Look forward to getting and giving all the support I can muster.  

I'm B. Mac.  I'm 30 years old, live down in the Deep South of the United States.  I'm an anti-hacker by day and family man/gamer by night.  I'm in it til the very end, and I've a long way to go before I hit any of my ultimate goals.  Look forward to flying high with you folks.

B. Mac Xtreme

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

If I snuck into your group under false pretenses - I haven't finished my Firefly self-indoctrination yet, but I can chalk up Farscape and Blakes 7 under my rebels-on-spaceships column - would you be willing to look the other direction?  Because I think a little behaving badly on spaceships would increase my enjoyment of this challenge about 1000%. :)

Haven't finished Firefly? WHAT! I think I finished it in 5 minutes longer than the runtime of the series! Farscape is awesome though and blakes 7......Wow mind blowing at the end! Still get on with the firefly!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

I haven't known until yesterday what a browncoat is, but I still have my browns, and aim to fit into it eventually.

So I would like to join you on the eve of this challenge.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Haven't finished Firefly? WHAT! I think I finished it in 5 minutes longer than the runtime of the series! Farscape is awesome though and blakes 7......Wow mind blowing at the end! Still get on with the firefly!

I know, it aired during the years when I didn't have a TV.  It fell into the television gap, between the cushions somewhere, and I haven't fully caught up.  But I've just noticed Amazon has it streaming, so this challenge might be a good time to do that. :)  Blakes 7 had its up and downs, but it definitely had its audacious moments.  I can't fault any show that blows its entire costuming budget on leather from London's local S&M shops, the lead villain has never been bettered in the history of villainy, and the first episode and the last episode were both pretty hardcore dystopian... that ending is a high-water-mark for going out with a bang.  Um.  Not one I would choose to personally emulate, so by all means, let's not do that as a group.  No.

Anyway, an introduction: I'm Sara, and I'm in my mid-30s.  I'm sometimes a programmer and sometimes a writer, so I spend far too much time at the computer.  I love a heck of a lot of SF and genre movies/TV, but I have a real soft spot for the old British stuff.  (I have very firm ideas on what can legitimately be called "The Avengers", and Marvel heroes in spandex is not it.)  My first challenge is, by design, easier than what I can do fitness-wise, because I am severely habit-formation-challenged, so I'm just trying to get some regular habits reliably in place before I tweak up the difficulty to the right level.  I have some strength training goals down the line, but right now, dropping some weight is my priority.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Hey all, I would like to add the people in our group as friends...just easy to keep up with that way.  I will wait three days, and feel free to send me a message if you DON'T want to be added.  Otherwise, it's happening, people.  Stay shiny.

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

Sara, can we still be friends if I totally love Marvel heroes in spandex? Because I do.

@bmacxtreme--feel free to add me as a friend.

Also, how do you all want to keep up with each other? Just with challenge threads? Or a Facebook group, Twitter, Google? I'm pretty open for whatever.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Shiny! I'm seriously so excited you started this group Cave! We start tomorrow! Woo!

And since this is an accountibilibuddy group...

"When you can't walk, you crawl, and when you can't do that..."

You Find Someone to Carry You.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines