Browncoats - We aim to misbehave (ship is full)

Sara, can we still be friends if I totally love Marvel heroes in spandex? Because I do.

Absolutely! I think they're totally worth loving, and they're coming up on my movie queue. It's just the name. :)

Personally, I'd prefer keeping in touch on the challenge threads, so there's just the one site to keep track of. I left Facebook and Twitter a while back because they were overly tempting timesucks, and would find it easier to focus here.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

p.s. Like obsessedfan, I'm already in a couple of accountibilibuddies groups and don't want to spread myself too thin, but just wanted to say hi *waves* and I'll probably follow this topic and maybe poke my nose in occasionally. Regardless, have a great challenge, Browncoats! :D

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

As soon as I saw this I couldn't NOT join. I named my hamster after Mal for goodness' sake. I put my name in that google doc but if you could please add me to whatever list you have going I would love to be in this group if it's not too late!

I'm Bree, studying comp sci and biochemistry at uni in CT. Love all things SF&F. I'm working towards building strength and stamina for a Spartan Sprint sometime early 2014 :)

Good luck out there today, Browncoats! I'm with you til the end of the 'verse and back!

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

That's why Marvel Avengers have the film title Avengers Assemble. Honour Blackman and Diana Riggs, how could Scar-Jo even compare?

So day 1 people. What's the plan? Rebel on your own planet? Hit and run on the central planets?

I'm hitting the gym tonight. I think we might hit the big 4. (lifts not Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax and Slayer!) With the odd assisted pull thrown in and 10-15 mins of intervals on the running machine!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Totally searching out this show now...

To be fair, blowing all the cash on thigh-high boots for men and fascist leather uniforms (and the fact that it was the 1970s, and they were making the show on a budget of five pounds and a teabag from the BBC canteen) meant a lot of the other costumes were mind-bogglingly silly. But just on principle... just the fact that that's where they blew their entire season's costuming budget is enough.

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I came here to start my own accountabilibuddies group, but I saw this one and had to join instead. Hi, I'm SelinaKyle. I'm 35 and have gone from "really fat" to "kinda fat" and am still exploring things my body can do.

Thanks for having this. I'm pretty good about exercising, but I need all the help in journaling that I can get.

Selina Kyle, level 2 antihero assassinSTR 7.5|DEX 1|STA 5.5|CON 4.5|WIS 4|CHA 3 

I've added our two new Browncoats to the first post, and linked your challenge threads.  Day one has been okay so far for me.  This morning I was slicing up my sweet potatoes for breakfast with my mandolin slicer.  I stupidly wasn't paying attention, and sliced off some of my pinky finger while I was at it.  So far, so good, eh?  Got my yoga in this morning though, so I'm not doing too horribly. 

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Personally, I'd prefer keeping in touch on the challenge threads, so there's just the one site to keep track of. I left Facebook and Twitter a while back because they were overly tempting timesucks, and would find it easier to focus here.

That would be my preference as well.  We can chat in this thread, and visit each other's challenge threads, and that will be plenty to keep up with. 

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Sorry I wasn't able to introduce myself before - weekends are usually my most hectic time.

I'm Jill, 31 from Anchorage, Alaska.  I'm an accountant by day, thespian by night, and NerdFitness rebel in the wee hours of the morning!

Started the fitness portion of my challenge over the weekend - going well so far.  Two weight workouts (Saturday and this morning) and running on Sunday.  Food portion is starting today.  I'll take a moment and check out everyone's challenges - look forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

Level 2 Boreal Scout

I'm loving seeing everyone starting out well!  Great job, 'Coats!

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

Okay guys, I've just spent a good share of my morning searching out posts in the level 1 forum without any replies, and then replying.  There are still a ton there, though.  I hate to see people post and not have any replies--that can be really demotivating.  So I'm challenging you all to go search out one thread that has no replies yet, and post in it. 

Let's see how many people in the 'verse we can help, even if they aren't flying with us on Serenity.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Okay guys, I've just spent a good share of my morning searching out posts in the level 1 forum without any replies, and then replying.  There are still a ton there, though.  I hate to see people post and not have any replies--that can be really demotivating.  So I'm challenging you all to go search out one thread that has no replies yet, and post in it. 

Let's see how many people in the 'verse we can help, even if they aren't flying with us on Serenity.

Excellent plan....  off to find level 1 post sans replies....

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

I've added our two new Browncoats to the first post, and linked your challenge threads.  Day one has been okay so far for me.  This morning I was slicing up my sweet potatoes for breakfast with my mandolin slicer.  I stupidly wasn't paying attention, and sliced off some of my pinky finger while I was at it.  So far, so good, eh?  Got my yoga in this morning though, so I'm not doing too horribly. 

They sell gloves in case you cant quiet wield a mandolin yet. Or at least a guard??

I wish I had seen you all earlier, I would have loved to have been onboard. Maybe I can still sneak on in a cryobox?? pretend im dead and selling my organs?? 

Anyways -- good luck and CaveMom -  ease up on the finger food. 

They sell gloves in case you cant quiet wield a mandolin yet. Or at least a guard??

I wish I had seen you all earlier, I would have loved to have been onboard. Maybe I can still sneak on in a cryobox?? pretend im dead and selling my organs?? 

Anyways -- good luck and CaveMom -  ease up on the finger food. 

Thanks for the laugh.  You know, my mandolin slicer came with a thing that's supposed to hold the food, presumably so you don't slice your fingers while you're slicing stuff.  I just never use it.  I've been cutting my sweet potatoes this way for over a year, and never had a problem until today. 

You are still welcome to join our squad.  We've got room.  I'm adding you to the list in the first post.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

This morning I was slicing up my sweet potatoes for breakfast with my mandolin slicer.  I stupidly wasn't paying attention, and sliced off some of my pinky finger while I was at it.  So far, so good, eh?

Sweet potatoes are the one thing I did on a mandoline that took a chunk out of my knuckle.  After that, I stuck to cucumbers.

Welcome, SheWhoCrews.  Good to have you!

Sweet potatoes are the one thing I did on a mandoline that took a chunk out of my knuckle.  After that, I stuck to cucumbers.

I think from now on I will be very careful when doing sweet potatoes, and will probably at least think about using the tool that's supposed to hold on to the food. 

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines