Browncoats - We aim to misbehave (ship is full)

Well I calculated based on caloric consumption I was massively low on Monday and Tuesday which probably mean every week day for the past 2amount of months I've been running on about 1500 calories. They both showed very low in Protein as well. MFP suggests about 80g for me and I don't meet that let along the 150g I think I should be making. I think I'm going to have to look into a hemp protein supplement. With the 2 burns, 1 bug bite, 3 grazes, 1 cut, umpteen paintball bruises and the workouts I sustained in the past week I think my body needs the resources to repair. I made up some boiled eggs to add to my lunch help get that protein up a little.

Are you vegetarian?  I don't remember if you said or not.  It sounds like you've had quite an adventure this past week. 

Good morning, 'coats!   Up and at'em, there's crime to be done.

Morning!  My day is going good so far, and yesterday was absolutely fantastic.  Hope all the rest of you are doing great.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Good morning, crew!

So yesterday was a good day for me, riiiight up until I got invited along to a down-and-dirty shindig and spent half the night downing "Batmans"  (didn't know bruce was a gin man) and making merry with the best of the worst, and of course after four or five Batmans, the most logical and in fact imperative step to take is the acquisition and consumption of belgian french fries with peanut satay sauce.  So, in terms of caloric intake and general healthiness, a complete bust.  BUT.  my week 1 diet challenge is simply to record all my food and to cut out sugary treats except for an allowance of 2 squares dark chocolate.  That standard was maintained, despite considerable intoxication and the proximity of numerous sugary late-night temptations.  SO...call it a draw? A draw-win? A photo-finish? 

Of course all of that means that right now I am noshing on hangover bacon :D and trying to psyche myself up for the less appealing hangover strength workout.  

Also, bmac, I highly approve of your attitude, and your desire for Daredevil powers!  

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Rough day for me today.  Lots of demands from all sides.  Was very tired this morning.  Tried to do a run, but could tell that was not going to happen so amended it to a walk instead.  Tomorrow is a rest day and then into the weekend for extra sleep with the workouts. 

Hope things are a little more shiny for everyone else!

Level 2 Boreal Scout

Are you vegetarian?  I don't remember if you said or not.  It sounds like you've had quite an adventure this past week. 

I'm only vegetarian when my hunting's bad! Luckily the butcher is a much better hunter than I!

Adventure this week as well Iron Maiden on Sunday night! 

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Remember, whenever you get tired or your leg cramps or some other malady happens, it really helps to shout "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" to said body part.  Keep going, 'Coats....stay hydrated, not a lot of fuel out here in the dark.

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

Remember, whenever you get tired or your leg cramps or some other malady happens, it really helps to shout "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" to said body part. 

Yes!  I will use that one.  I think it would be even better if there are a lot of people around, but for me it's gonna have to be while I'm in my room and some yoga stretch is not agreeing with me.

Also, I have started to realize what did me in the last challenge when I tried and failed.  It wasn't really the challenge part, it was that I found I was spending way too much time on these message boards.  I've started to get that way again.  I was trying to check in with everybody here multiple times a day.  And then I felt bad for all the people in the first timers forum who had no responses to their posts, so I was spending an hour or two a day looking for and responding to those.  I need to remember it's not all up to me to make sure that nobody is left without support, and I can't do it all.  Duh. 

So, I'm planning to just check in with these threads once or twice a day, and try to limit myself to that.  I love the support here, but not at the expense of getting out there and living. :)  But I'll still be here for all you Browncoats, and will visit your threads at least daily!

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

I'm a lurker at heart, I'm still following up but I don't always have something to say @_@ besides good job <3

on another note, I ate some cinnamon candies today (never said I wouldn't) and managed to crack a tooth ;< I don't have a local dentist so now I have to wait until Monday for the office I'm looking at to be open... That's what I get for falling into temptation I guess. And not flossing.

Oh lordy, tooth issues are rough!  Hope you have a speedy recovery aided by the best in contemporary dentistry!

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Have fun at the reunion Cavemom! And I'm glad you accepted that you can't give EVERY person out there support, it is way too much for anyone. That's why you made a group, this ship. Keeping up with all the Browncoats is difficult enough! 

Have fun, cavemom! Question for fellow browncoats - does anyone else make up scenarios in their head for training sessions, especially running, to keep themselves going?  I imagined yesterday that I was running away from space bandits that I had just lifted a large sum of money from.  Wondering if anyone else does this? Just me?

Oh my god! Totally! It's usually along the lines of I'm on a rebel star ship and the life support system has just been turned off by the federation hackers. The only way to turn it back on and save the lives of the crew and my friends is to run to the stern (or wherever) and manually turn it back on, but there's also a squad of enemy commando's slowly picking us off, etc.

Level 2 Dwarf Assassin-Bard

STR 3 DEX 1 STA 3 CON 2 WIS 1 CHA 3

Current challenge

Rower

Eater of Pie

Filker of Songs

I don't do that, but then I don't run either.  When I was running some, I used the Zombies Run app.  So it's kind of the same thing, except for someone else was weaving the story for me.  Maybe I should start making up stories during my walks, hikes, and bike rides, though.  It sounds like it would definitely make it more fun.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Remember, whenever you get tired or your leg cramps or some other malady happens, it really helps to shout "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" to said body part.  Keep going, 'Coats....stay hydrated, not a lot of fuel out here in the dark.

Good plan! Reminds me of my favorite Jens Voigt (pro cyclist) quote: Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

Scott, Level 0 Villager
STR 0|DEX 0|STA  0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Lifting Logs | Bodyweight chart

My Current (and first!) Challenge

Browncoats!

So six weeks focussing on our goals. We're one week down, only five more to go and I have to say I think everyone seems to be getting there on this. There's been hiccups but we're getting past them and moving on. Any one you walk away from, right?

So, what's shoreleave for you good people? What are you doing that's good for the sen (self) on your rest days? What fun things are you looking forward to both in the challenge and as you achieve the goals in your challenge?  Let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job and then I get paid.

PS: Please don't say Lenore. Not that I'm judging, just some things don't need to be said! Your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Morning, 'Coats!  Sorry for the absence.  Back at it today with some heavy cardio and body-weight strength exercises after work.  Also back on my nutrition plan after a tough week and bad choices.  Good luck out there in the 'verse.

B. Mac Xtreme

Level 0 Lycan 

STR 0, DEX 0, STA 0, CON 0, WIS 0, CHA 0

“I am nothing but some small part of the service I have shown to others.†– Elminster of Shadowdale

So six weeks focussing on our goals. We're one week down, only five more to go and I have to say I think everyone seems to be getting there on this. There's been hiccups but we're getting past them and moving on. Any one you walk away from, right?

So, what's shoreleave for you good people? What are you doing that's good for the sen (self) on your rest days? What fun things are you looking forward to both in the challenge and as you achieve the goals in your challenge?  Let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job and then I get paid.

PS: Please don't say Lenore. Not that I'm judging, just some things don't need to be said! Your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that!

Since my focus this challenge is on yoga, I don't really feel like I need rest days, although I don't usually do it on the weekends.  I'm hoping to go on at least one hike every weekend during this challenge.  We love getting out into nature.

Morning, 'Coats!  Sorry for the absence.  Back at it today with some heavy cardio and body-weight strength exercises after work.  Also back on my nutrition plan after a tough week and bad choices.  Good luck out there in the 'verse.

Glad to see you back!  Keep at your challenge, we're here for you.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Hey Browncoats!  We're about mid-way through week two.  This is the time when initial excitement starts to wane.  When you start feeling a little bit tired (or a lot tired).  Where you start to think, why am I doing this anyway?  We need to stick together to keep this ship afloat.  Let's not stop supporting each other, and nobody gets left behind.  And if any of you even think about quitting, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

So, roll call.  Who's still here?  What challenges are you facing, and how can this group help?

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Rowan here, primed and ready for action!  I have had, as you said, a few hiccups, but I'm still here, still going strong, and still sniffing out all the cracks in my hull so I can seal them up with GRIT and INSPIRATION and HONOR, and fly this baby all the way home!  

I guess my main concrete challenges are first, as I posted on my thread, work-related starvation and subsequent overeating, and secondly sheer exhaustion. These I just have to find solutions to.  Anyone else have to go long active stretches without eating? Any tips or tricks?

But the main thing that's getting me down, the real wrench in my gears, is that just like cavemom said, my spirit is flagging.  I find myself complaining more, letting fatigue turn into irritability turn into stubborn resentment, making excuses to myself, which of course, are a load of bull.  It's easy to do this sort of thing when you have that big hot roaring fire of enthusiasm and you're burning up the days and miles, but without finding a way to sustain, we're all going to end up dead in the water.  You guys have all helped me out so much - your progress and battles inspire me!  So let's pull our forces together and push through.  Heros don't hit the snooze button.  Heros don't give themselves "just one more chocolate." Heros don't complain that their bosses are running them ragged or that they don't have time to save the world or that eating clean is boring.  They just get down to business.  No excuses.  Let's do this!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines