• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SevenFootGeek

SevenFootGeek turns to the Sun

Don't you know that junkfood is how Dragonbloods track the Solars? There's a charm in the food, since they know that it tends to stick around in the system for a while.

The more you know!

Don't you know that junkfood is how Dragonbloods track the Solars? There's a charm in the food, since they know that it tends to stick around in the system for a while.

The more you know!

HA! Indigestible goo tracking prana.

You're right.  I should really prefer Malfeas over Adorjan, but it is what it is.

You make me and the Unconquered Sun sad.  Stop living your life wrong.

Oh, epic theme. I have to really set time to get that prepared and done.

Victory at the grocery! Just keep going, one day at a time. 

Great work with the push ups. Believe in the push up, before you know it, you´ll be back at your prime... and beyond. 

Okay, first off, for those of you who haven't seen Pacific Rim (hopefully a minority), if you have any joy in your lives, go and see it.  It has got to be the most faithful realization of a live-action giant robo anime ever created.  It made me weep to see Guillermo del Toro realize this so well.

But I digress.  Challenge!

Perfected Landscaping Technique

My workout today was a little unorthodox.  I spent two hours doing yardwork after work.  Mowing the lawn, hauling soil and mixing seed, spreading on my lawn (I am terrible at lawn care...) and weeding.  Not an intense two hours, but definitely work.  

Then, since I hadn't done any proper exercises, I did my pushups for the day.  A little easier than yesterday.  Admittedly, yesterday I was feeling some crazy DOMS from my workout on Saturday, but I'll take what I can get.  It took one less set and I'll take that as a victory for the day.

Then we went to see Pacific Rim and I was transported to a place of childhood (and young adulthood) joy for two hours.

Ugghhh, I HATE yard work! 

For me, It's impossible to do this time of year because in Houston it's over 100 degrees. Just thinking of all that work you did makes me want to go drink a barrel of water and have a long nap.

Not too shabby for the second day :) 

Pacific Rim was really good, I was glad I went to see it in the theatre instead of waiting for it to come out on blu-ray. I'll be buying it when it does! Yard work is an excellent workout. It's nice to be out in the sun and fresh air, wish we had more sun here. The last few days have been so overcast and rainy. It feels like we barely had summer here in Cold Lake. The one hot week we had was when I went away on vacation.

Btw, great job on the shopping trip. I find one of the best ways for me to avoid the junk is to just not buy it. I now leave my money and cards at home unless I am going out to buy something specific. When I am using cash I try not to take more than I need so I can't afford the junk. So far it's working.

Give those push ups hell! I know you'll build up to being able to do more.

I love seeing cleaning and lawn-work as exercise. It makes it bearable to me. Good going!

Okay, first off, for those of you who haven't seen Pacific Rim (hopefully a minority), if you have any joy in your lives, go and see it.  It has got to be the most faithful realization of a live-action giant robo anime ever created.  It made me weep to see Guillermo del Toro realize this so well.

Oh you mean thiiiiiiiisssssssss?:

=P

By the way I already saw it. One word: Ecstasy.

Ugghhh, I HATE yard work! 

For me, It's impossible to do this time of year because in Houston it's over 100 degrees. Just thinking of all that work you did makes me want to go drink a barrel of water and have a long nap.

Not too shabby for the second day :)

The Ontario heat wave died last week some time, so we're not seeing anything worse than 27ºC.  If we still had the 40º weather, I wouldn't even go outside.  And I hate it, too.  But we were turning into that house.  

Btw, great job on the shopping trip. I find one of the best ways for me to avoid the junk is to just not buy it. I now leave my money and cards at home unless I am going out to buy something specific. When I am using cash I try not to take more than I need so I can't afford the junk. So far it's working.

Give those push ups hell! I know you'll build up to being able to do more.

For me, it's more to not go to the grocery store hungry.  If I'm hungry, I don't give a damn about eating healthy.  I want food NOW!  I may also be a little irritable and snap at anyone who contradicts me about what goes in the cart.  I try to have a pepperoni stick or a handful of almonds before leaving the house.  Then I don't buy chips when I'm surrounded by food.

Or sometimes I just decide that I'm going to buy the beef tenderloin because steak.

Oh you mean thiiiiiiiisssssssss?:

=P

By the way I already saw it. One word: Ecstasy.

You are a bad person.  For serious.  At least wait until the euphoric afterglow is gone.

The Ontario heat wave died last week some time, so we're not seeing anything worse than 27ºC.  If we still had the 40º weather, I wouldn't even go outside.  And I hate it, too.  But we were turning into that house.  

For me, it's more to not go to the grocery store hungry.  If I'm hungry, I don't give a damn about eating healthy.  I want food NOW!  I may also be a little irritable and snap at anyone who contradicts me about what goes in the cart.  I try to have a pepperoni stick or a handful of almonds before leaving the house.  Then I don't buy chips when I'm surrounded by food.

Or sometimes I just decide that I'm going to buy the beef tenderloin because steak.

THIS!!

It's silly how big of a difference this makes. I've been guilty of tearing open a bag of chips as I walk down the isles getting the rest of my stuff. So sad.....

I'll put off going now until I have eaten. Why test my self control if I dont need to?

Pacific Rim was fantastic...

Next challenge theme?! 

...Duude. Rock your next workout - or, heck, your lawn - like a Jaeger fighting kaiju... It will be epic.

Man, I love your goals and your theme. :) Congrats are getting through the pushups finally and HOLYYES PACIFIC RIM.

Toronto is lovely this time of year...

Just saying.

+1!!!

PS. Speaking of monk meet up... I will be in Guelph on Saturday the 10th during morning-noonish and was pondering about a coffee NF meetup or something. Not sure if it's too short notice/if there's a possibility of it, but figured I'd mention it! :)

But... but that's the same time as the Fergus Highland Games.  Why, llw?  Why?

:( I had a feeling. Not my fault, I was just going by my exam schedule!! End of August/beginning of September is another possibility :P I just need to figure out when I'm moving back.

There will be other times.  Such as when I actually register for the amateur heavy games and put the call out for a cheering squad.  :)

Seriously, though, that'll probably be next year.  The fitness test for men is to curl and press overhead 56 lbs in one hand.  I'm up to 45 right now, so next year I should be solid.  But that's more long term goals.  And not very monk-y, really.  Of course, if I can press 56lbs one-handed, my punches should be dynamite.  :D

In challenge-related news:

I nearly forgot to do my pushups yesterday!  So I pumped out a quick 18 right before bed.  This was not a good idea.  Increased heart rate for the insomnia-prone is not conducive to a good night's sleep.  Neither is having your cat attempt to shatter the patio door going after something small and squeaky on the deck at 1 am.  Stupid cat...

Today is looking like it's going to be another 2 hours of yard work for my exercise routine.  I should do a BW workout somewhere in there, but when I look at all the crap I have to haul around my yard, I remind myself that it is still work.  But I will learn my lesson from yesterday and do my pushups as soon as I'm done work.  Which is... very soon.  Excelsior!

Yeah, save push ups for when you need to wake up, not when you need to go to sleep.

Real world training for the win!

I nearly forgot to do my pushups yesterday!  So I pumped out a quick 18 right before bed.  This was not a good idea.  Increased heart rate for the insomnia-prone is not conducive to a good night's sleep.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to stop doing exercise later in the day. I used to feel very agitated before sleep.

Looks like you are making good use of your exercise time for cleaning =D. There is also that huge sense of satisfaction when done.

BW yard work!!

Make yourself drop and do PU, SU, or squats whenever you haul said object from the yard to the bin. Or whatever. Make a game of it.

Just a spoonful of sugar.....

In challenge-related news:

I nearly forgot to do my pushups yesterday!  So I pumped out a quick 18 right before bed.  This was not a good idea.  Increased heart rate for the insomnia-prone is not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Yeah, save push ups for when you need to wake up, not when you need to go to sleep.

Real world training for the win!

This is one of the reasons I wanted to stop doing exercise later in the day. I used to feel very agitated before sleep.

Looks like you are making good use of your exercise time for cleaning =D. There is also that huge sense of satisfaction when done.

See, I'm the guy who needs to work out in the afternoon, because after the adrenaline I'll just pass out.  I've tried working out in the morning, and all it does is make me irritable and sleepy for the rest of the day.

But yea, if pushups are doing that to you before bed, best to avoid that in the future. :P

Ugh...  too many errands.

Going to Rona and Costco ate up my evening.  I have a pressure washer now, so that's a good thing.  That did not leave me time for my yard work as intended.  I think I'm going to have a few workouts this weekend.

I also finally got a walk in with my wife.  We've been working and cleaning all week, so the time has not been kind.  I think that five outings a week may have been a trifle optimistic if this week is any indication.  The intention was to spend more time together doing healthy things, but we've also been doing all of this stuff together, so I'm not sure whether I should modify my goal, or rank it on activities done together.  

Make yourself drop and do PU, SU, or squats whenever you haul said object from the yard to the bin. Or whatever. Make a game of it.

Just a spoonful of sugar.....

I already have BW work in there.  I have to squat to reach the shrubs to trim (with good form so my back doesn't complain), digging out stumps has a stance like sumo deadlifts, mowing the lawn with a push mower is work and shovelling dirt is all twisting and torquing.  If I had enough to do to do it three times a week, I would be solid.

Yeah, that kind of practical workout is what will get you ripped.

I'm glad you are paying attention to your form whilst you're doing all your twisting and turning. Those everyday activities are the ones where people normally injure themselves.

BTW, how are the walks going with the wifey?