• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SevenFootGeek

SevenFootGeek turns to the Sun

Don't worry so much about that. The hiking and the swimming will generate huge caloric deficits just on their own. Don't worry, just camp and enjoy.

Okay, so it seems that week 5 is going to be a bit weird for me.  The wife and I just made plans to go camping for... the whole week.  Definitely going to kill any possibility of doing any lifting.  But we will be hiking and swimming at all three provincial parks we're heading to.  We'll be heading farther north than I've ever been for camping, but it's to a park that I've wanted to see for a long time.  And two favourites of my wife.

So that means I'm going to need to get myself sorted and work harder all of the other weeks.

Well, monks are supposed to spend sometime training in the wilderness anyway so all that hiking can do wonders for strengthening you. I say that´s an opportunity. =D

That IS an awesome first week! 3 As!!  And ALL the yard work.

You are doing great, but it's good to feel a step behind sometimes; it keeps you motivated.

I'm sure you'll do great on the camping trip. Just dont pack junk food, dont be scarcastic to the squirrels, and walking with the wife will be a given! I have confidence in youuuu!!

I'm sure you'll do great on the camping trip. Just dont pack junk food, dont be scarcastic to the squirrels, and walking with the wife will be a given! I have confidence in youuuu!!

That'll be hard.  Squirrels are dicks.

Thanks to my gluten intolerance, it is actually way easier to eat healthy when we travel.  Pretty much anything that comes in a package (with noted exceptions) is bad news, so we have to make and prepare everything.  Our trip is going to involve stops at 3 separate provincial parks with a pass through a medium-sized city between each one, which will allow us to replenish the food stocks and then spend some time portioning and loading it into the cooler.  Then cooking over a fire.  Rar!

That'll be hard.  Squirrels are dicks.

Thanks to my gluten intolerance, it is actually way easier to eat healthy when we travel.  Pretty much anything that comes in a package (with noted exceptions) is bad news, so we have to make and prepare everything.  Our trip is going to involve stops at 3 separate provincial parks with a pass through a medium-sized city between each one, which will allow us to replenish the food stocks and then spend some time portioning and loading it into the cooler.  Then cooking over a fire.  Rar!

^ this is true!!

haha

That's awesome that you planned out your food replishing stops. Now you are sure to avoid slip ups. There's always jerky too, even though that can have a lot of sugar/salt in it. It's still better than cheetoes.

Cooking things on an open flame = awesomest.

ron-swanson-meat-tornado%255B1%255D.jpg

I think 7FG is hidding something. I bet his real plan is to wrestle with bears in the forest but he does not want to tell us.

Man, I have been lax about reporting.  We're into week 3 already, and I haven't even written an update for week 2!  Better get on that...

Week 2 update!

Strength of the sun

Urg...  This has been a total fail.  Planning for our trip, work, having to rebuild my bathroom, and general laziness combined to give me no workouts.  It has been a crazy few weeks months and I'm seeing clear evidence of the willpower limitations that Steve has talked about a lot.  Some things just fall down, and for me, it's the workouts.

0/3 F

The sun rises every day

This is my example of how I want my challenges to go.  I had several evenings where I was lying in bed and realized that I hadn't done my pushups for the day.  So I got up and did them.  They are getting easier, too.  My muscles are starting to finally fight back against my mass and the terrible levers I have.  I'm curious what condition my pushups will be in by the end of this challenge.  But they are going well!

7/7 A

The shines even behind the clouds

Good start, week got crazy, picked up at the end.  Monday and Tuesday were good days.  Then the bathroom incident happened and there was much panicking.  We fixed the bathroom (mostly...) and spent Sunday walking around the Fergus Highland Games.  So, not great.  But consistent?  Gotta be better about this.

3/5 C

The sun's light is warm

People were on vacation last week, so there was less opportunity to be a dick.  So, yay me!  But I was dropped onto a project that is actually a waste of company time and resources (not to mention my own time...), so I may have reacted somewhat strongly in conversation with my boss.  I did not curse, but my vocabulary is impressive and I used it to full effect to voice my displeasure.  And I still have to work on this project.

1/2  D

The sun brings life and growth

I was so good!  It was a hectic week and a stressful one.  But I avoided all the snacks at work.  And the grocery store.  Then my wife made a tray of Rice Krispie squares.  Topped with melted peanut butter chips.  On Saturday while I was working on the plumbing with my brother-in-law.  And there were still some left on Sunday when we went to the Highland Games.  :(

5/7, which is 71% so that's a C

Such a stressful week!  I know I haven't been updating, or commenting on people's threads.  And I really feel like I haven't been pulling my weight in my own challenge.  My wife is finishing the tiling today, and the delicious rice krispie squares are almost gone (just two more pieces!  So delicious!), so it's time for me to buckle down and get back into the game.

Gah! Cursed baked goods, with their complete and consuming deliciousness, and their utter healthlessness! A pox, I say!

But the only way to get rid of 'em is to eat 'em. -.-;;

Baked good are the devil.  A Tasty, tasty devil.  I left for a few days and when I came back my roommate had made a dinner mint brownie cake.  Um.  It was consumed.  Though I have been fighting eating the rest by making my own Italian ice.  Still sugary, but not nearly as sugary as the brownie-cake.  And if I had stevia it could have even been (almost) paleo.... Future plans, future plans.

Good job on the push-ups, but get working on those workouts, brothah!

RICE CRISPY TREATS!?!?!?!? GAAAAAHHHHHHHJUHFluiahslfnalsiuhfajnfluahll

Nice job on the push- ups! It would take all the strength I could muster for me to actually get out of my comfy bed once I realized I hadn't done them yet. Props, brother.

And nice odds for your "The sun's light is warm" challenge. Simple math: less retards, less dickish behavior.

Good week 7FG! =)

You´ll get the workouts back into your routine. Life will get tired of trying to throw curve balls. You´ll see!

Oh my... Rice Krispies Squares... the temptation. Why does your wife do that to you? =X

Stress never helps your workout and eating habits but on the bright side, working out always helps beat stress. You did very well for your circumstances and I commend you. Don't feel bad for letting go a little, when you have trouble pulling your own weight, we're here to help you carry on. Keep it up 7FG, that black belt is just a white belt that got dirty with your efforts!

Oi, it has been a long time since I've posted here.

I'm sad to say that this challenge is entirely a bust for me.

I mentioned in a fairly offhand manner a few weeks ago that I was going through some stuff and it was taking up a lot of my mental bandwidth.  The fact is that I've finally accepted that I've been struggling with pretty severe depression for a rather lot of years and it's finally reached the point in my life that I had to acknowledge it and do something about it or, well, I just had to do something about it.

Right now, things are still pretty rough, but I'm seeing a therapist who I like, and I'm trying to maintain a more steady equilibrium of better feels.  My wife is really supportive, despite my unacknowledged mental illness having caused her no small amount of grief during our marriage.  

All I feel like I can do is get from day to day.  So I'm sad to say that I probably won't be joining everyone in the next challenge.  I'm still eating healthier and I'm getting better and better about avoiding the horrible sugary-ness that is everywhere.  Somehow I've lost 7 kilos since the beginning of summer, without really knowing how and without even wanting to.  That's good?  I guess.  My depression doesn't cause me to stress eat.  Quite the opposite, in fact.  And that would explain why I never put on any weight when I was lifting.

I've been reading everyone's challenges, and it's been something to keep me thinking positively when I've been at my worst over the past six weeks.  When I could bring myself to get my head above water and read them, that is.  Thanks for keeping on, guys.  Though you haven't realized it, you've helped me through a pretty bad place.

Keep on trucking, my nerds.  I may not be part of the next challenge, but I'll be here in spirit.

That is really, truly rough, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with it. It's hard when something like that sneaks up on you, and it's like it's out of nowhere, but at the same time it's something that you've seen glimpses of the whole time.

If you need to take some time, then take it. We're here for you.