• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jcsimmons

Jcsimmons2's second go around!

So I enjoyed the first challenge i did although i did start to get lazy with the posts towards the end...

Main Goal: Drop body fat and build up muscle while dropping to a 30/32 inch waist.

OBJ:

1. Lift four times a week.

2. eat some sort of fruit or veggie for at least two meals a day. Cut out bread from breakfast. Continue with my feast/fast diet. (I learned during the last Challenge that i needed to step my "diet" goal back a bit and be more specific) (remember PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN)

3. drop 10 Lbs or 2% BF  As my initial goal was a bit vauge and if i do the above I should be able to achieve it anyway im modifying my third goal. I HATE running with a passion... that being said im going to attempt to get back into running which i have not really done much of since i got out of the Corps. So im going to shoot for a goal of a sub 20 min two mile to start out. 

Just out of curiousity, how are you planning to meet goal #3?  Try to phrase the goal so that it is the "action" part, rather than the result part (that's what the main quest description is for).  If  you've already covered the areas that you are going to work on to meet goal 3, how about splitting one of your other goals into two parts (like goal 2, since it has 4 parts)?

Just some thoughts :)

Good luck!

Day one is done!

meal plan for today was

Breakfast:

~2/3 eggs scrambled 

small serving of apple sauce 

small serving of green grapes

2 boiled egg whites

Lunch:

ham/turkey and cheese sandwich

broccoli and cheese

green grapes

Mid afternoon:

two scoops MP combat powder (50G of protein)

Dinner:

Chicken Parmesan

spaghetti and chicken meat balls 

mixed steamed veggies

Workout:

Leg Extension 50Lbs 4 20, 20, 15, 15 -superset with-Lying Leg Curl 75Lbs 4 15 Squat 135Lbs 4 15, 12, 10, 8 Wide-Stance Leg Press 400Lbs 3 15, 12, 10 Stiff-Leg Deadlift 135Lbs 3 12

thanks! my third challenge is going to be hard, due to how much i hate running and have not really ran in almost 2 years since i got out of the military, but I a determined!

late entry day 2

Breakfast:

~2/3 eggs scrambled 

small serving of apple sauce 

small serving of green grapes

2 boiled egg whites

Lunch:

sweet and sour chicken

mixed veggies

pineapple

Mid afternoon:

two scoops MP combat powder (50G of protein)

Dinner:

Steak

watermelon

grapes

Workout

Dumbbell Bench Press 4 15, 12, 10, 8 Incline Barbell Press 4 15, 12, 10, 8 Dumbbell Flye 4 15, 15, 10, 10 Cable Crossover 1 30 Dip 4 max Narrow-Grip Bench Press 4 30   Pushdown 3 15, 12, 10 Pushdown 1 30

I despise walking as well.  I feel like I'm 'supposed' to do that to exercise and it just gets so dull.  If it's cold out and I want to walk for a few minutes; I like it.  Most of the time it feels like a chore though. 

I think your goal #2 is lots of little things.  However, one should be 'cutting back carbs/bread/ect', while another goal should be 'eat 2+ servings of fruits/veges'.  They're independent of each other even though they both would be 'diet' related.  Cutting the bread might be way way way harder than eating some fruit/veg.

So week one was full of ups and downs. I got my lifting goal done! my diet goal was the big challenge last week. I did great on the fruits/veggies done the issue was cutting bread out from breakfast I had bread with two meals...im starting to get into running again... lately When i run my calves begin to cramp up so i take it easy for a while. im working up mile by mile to hit my under 20 min 2 mile.

Week two is going good thus far! ive got two lifting days done. I went up in weight in some exercises, but am not as sore as i was thinking i would be. today i did sprints. I did 5 mins warm up then 1 min sprints and 1.5 mins "rest" the majority of my sprints were 8 MPH and the last one started at 9 MPH then went up to 10 MPH after that i did a 5 min cool down and did about 10-15 mins of ab work. 

Week two was solid for me! Today i completed a 20+ hour fast from yesterday's feast day. Today was also a cardio day in which i ran a mile rowed 3K ran another mile and finished with another 3K row which kicked my ass and was done in less than an hour. 

What is your normal feast/fast like?  I was thinking of trying a 16 hour fast with a 8 hour eating period.  Don't know about going 24hours fast, but who knows :)

On a daily basis i try to follow my diet goals while choosing the better of the worst food here. Also MON-FRI i allow myself to eat between 0845 and 1645 and then a 16 hour fast.  For Sat i skip breakfast then eat what ever i want (and my weekly morale meal of german pizza) then i go for a 20-36 hour fast on Sunday. 

Week 3 was an almost complete bust for me :( i pretty much failed to meet my diet goal and i missed two workouts one lift day and a cardio day. Week four has started better i have modified my diet a bit instead of "eating" breakfast i now have a protein shake for breakfast and thus far it has been going great other than i am starving when lunch comes around which isnt too bad. Also i am taking this week slow with my workouts as I will be switching back to crossfit style workouts as I am MUCH more motivated to do those than lifting at this point in time. I have had to force myself to get to the gym these past two weeks, but i do feel better once i finish the workout i just dont have the motivation to get to the gym. I am thinking of 3-4 crossfit workouts per week with 2-3 cardio days. I am going on leave in about six months which is also influencing my decision to switch from lifting to more cardio based exercises and thus am going to focus on my main goal of getting down to a 32 or better yet 30 inch waist. I am currently at about 34 +/- half an inch depending on the time of day... hopefully this new "breakfast" will assist in that as well!

Sign in to follow this