Gimmee your friend's number, I gotta send her a txt!   :tongue: j/k  But you really should!  Make it an event!  The night before, watch PeeWee's Big Adventure to get yourself all psyched up!

THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIESSSSS!!!

I have watched it a lot in the last year because it is one of the only movies I have and I don't have cable or wifi at home. That movie is so awesome.

Hey, you have quite the popular thread here! I really like your goals and your progress photos! Way to share! I know it's tough but so helpful, look how far you've come! I'll be checking in because apparently this is the place to be :) 

I too am a beer fan, and while I don't drink very frequently when I do I want to enjoy it, not feel "bad" because of it. I hope you find good balance and keep going!

Level 2 Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 1 

Challenges: #1 , #2 , 

Current Challenge: Back to Basics

I've gotta agree with Incantor on this one - get yourself a real bike! ;) If you're one day going to take it any significant distance (hintnudgeridetoworkcough) you'll want to invest in something lightweight and rugged enough to last. As for storage - waterproof paniers are the way to go.

Anyway, I'm not that far ahead of you - I'm just gearing up to ride my bike to work. It's about 13km each way. I'm sure your commute would be further (?). A lot of it is developing confidence on the road and making sure you know your route before you go!

Just think on how easy it would be to attain your bike budget on a fraction of what you're saving up for the car...

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Woah, that's some major progress visible in your pictures! You must feel fantastic! I'm glad to see you back and awesome for another challenge. Good luck!

Thank you so much, Loki :) I am planning on taking a picture every month until I am convinced of my progress. I have also purposely worn the same/similar outfit. :D:D Let's kick some butt! 

Hey, you have quite the popular thread here! I really like your goals and your progress photos! Way to share! I know it's tough but so helpful, look how far you've come! I'll be checking in because apparently this is the place to be :)

I too am a beer fan, and while I don't drink very frequently when I do I want to enjoy it, not feel "bad" because of it. I hope you find good balance and keep going!

Hello J_addict! Posting photos is awkward, but also a great way to be accountable. Pictures do definitely say a thousand words and since I'm kind of lazy about typing...it definitely helps :D Cheers to celebrating our successes with a hard-earned cold one ;)

ahh haven't watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure in such a long time.  I just might have to break it out.   

You must! That movie is awesome. 

I've gotta agree with Incantor on this one - get yourself a real bike! ;) If you're one day going to take it any significant distance (hintnudgeridetoworkcough) you'll want to invest in something lightweight and rugged enough to last. As for storage - waterproof paniers are the way to go.

Anyway, I'm not that far ahead of you - I'm just gearing up to ride my bike to work. It's about 13km each way. I'm sure your commute would be further (?). A lot of it is developing confidence on the road and making sure you know your route before you go!

Just think on how easy it would be to attain your bike budget on a fraction of what you're saving up for the car...

You guys are definitely right. Also, today on my way in to work, I saw a bike rental outlet. You and Incantor definitely came into mind when I saw it. I also stared (in a non-creepy way :D) at a lady riding her bike and thought to myself: ONE DAY LADY, ONE DAY!! 

Now that I decided to not get a car for at least a year, I will also have enough money to see friends in other states. This makes me super happy. Travelling and Friends > Car. :D 

Week 1 Recap: 

Main Quest: 

This week I have tried to be more conscious of when I say disrespectful things about myself in my head. I know it sounds kind of weird, but a lot of the time when I see my reflection or am looking in the mirror I will criticize myself or say not-so-nice things about my appearance. This week I worked a lot on noticing when I did that and curbing it by saying something positive. Successes were accomplished. 

Mission 1: D 

This mission was a bit rough because I was not prepared at all. I started off the challenge the day after Dr. Sketchy's and did not get to prepare any food. I didn't do terrible, but I also did not do great. I ate Starbucks a few times for breakfast and also had McD's on Saturday- Super shameballs. After feeling so poorly about my eating, I vowed to make this week killer and yesterday I made a crustless quiche and some pork carnitas for the week. I also bought snacks. 

Mission 2: C

I gave myself a C instead of a D because I only logged in two activities on Fitocracy worth more than 100 points, however this weekend I was house and pet sitting for my boss and walked her doggies for 20-30 minutes about 5 times over a couple of a days. Since I didn't track distance and time, I did not log it into RunKeeper or Fitocracy. I did get sweaty and wore the doggies out, which is humorous as they are fitter than fiddles. 

Mission 3: A

I have been romping around NF this week like it's nobody's business. I even went to different guilds and cheered people on. Just for fun. I have recently discovered that I enjoy the feeling I get when I cheer people on. It is not a mistake that I should have been a cheerleader growing up and makes my love of Bring It On less creepy. 

I've also been tracking my every bite on a little notebook for the last two weeks and that is helping out a lot.

Life Quest: 

I have stowed away $20 in Rosie the Piggy Bank. I will post a picture of her tomorrow. :D

I hope everyone is having a great start to week 2!  :panda:

Week 1 Numbers: 

Weight: 217.5 lbs (-3.00lbs)

Waist: 37.75" (-0.25")

Hips: 46.25" (NC)

Forearm: 10.75" (+0.25")

Wrist: 6.75" (+0.13")

Neck: 14.25" (+0.25")

It's okay to stare even if it's slightly creepy. :)

Nice! Perhaps you'll even make it up to The Great North! Running on the seawall is every runner's dream (so I hear, I'm more of the bikey type).

You're measuring wrists? That's an interesting one. Do both wrists measure exactly the same? ;) I had always wondered if your dominant wrist would be slightly bigger...

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Doing good so far rogaecia.  Every week you don't fail your goals is a step of progress.  Every week you don't ace your goals is a lesson for learning how to improve and be the better you of which you dream.  You have a strong group of supporters who are happy to hear of your successes.  Looking forward to your next week.  :)

Adventurer level 1

STR: 1 DEX: 2 STA: 4 CON: 3 WIS: 5 CHA: 1

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34205-seleas-challenge-2-without-the-fail/?p=625040%5B/url]

*heard in the helm of a space cruiser* Helmsman, what is that pinging sound?

It's the natives... They're firing arrows at us.

It's okay to stare even if it's slightly creepy. :)

Nice! Perhaps you'll even make it up to The Great North! Running on the seawall is every runner's dream (so I hear, I'm more of the bikey type).

You're measuring wrists? That's an interesting one. Do both wrists measure exactly the same? ;) I had always wondered if your dominant wrist would be slightly bigger...

I measure my wrist for this. I have only been measuring my left arm because I am right-handed :D :D hahaha...I do know my right fingers are thicker than my left fingers. Bodies are weird....

The seawall sounds awesome! I just googled it.....I am very intrigued :onthego:

Doing good so far rogaecia.  Every week you don't fail your goals is a step of progress.  Every week you don't ace your goals is a lesson for learning how to improve and be the better you of which you dream.  You have a strong group of supporters who are happy to hear of your successes.  Looking forward to your next week.  :)

Thank you so much, Seleas! It is very true that even a non-perfect week is a great opportunity to learn :) 

I measure my wrist for this. I have only been measuring my left arm because I am right-handed :D :D hahaha...I do know my right fingers are thicker than my left fingers. Bodies are weird....

The seawall sounds awesome! I just googled it.....I am very intrigued :onthego:

Cool! I never knew you could measure your BMI that way. Thanks!

Seawall is awesome! It's like that boardwalk you have in downtown Portland... But more beautiful and stretches for miles. :)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Cool! I never knew you could measure your BMI that way. Thanks!

Seawall is awesome! It's like that boardwalk you have in downtown Portland... But more beautiful and stretches for miles. :)

Yeah- it's an interesting way to calculate BF%. On that calculator I am like 27% BF and in the Navy BF Calculator I am like 48% BF! Which one is ittttt??!

Yeah- boardwalk is cool, but not as amazeballz as the seawall looks :) It would be so awesome if I rode my happy butt on it. :D Yeah! Goals!

It's definitely not as accurate as one of those gigantic laundry clip thingys, but it's nice to know the range. That's a pretty big range you've got there tho, lol!

See! Gives you incentive to start training up the bike asap. :D

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Great job on your main quest!!  Changing how you talk to yourself is one of the hardest things to overcome!  Keep it up and you'll move mountains!

Love Rosie piggy bank!  what a great way to save cash, I'll have to look into one!  Thanks for the great idea!

CB3 Warrior Status 

Battle Log

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Gandalf

Warrior Level 3

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 5 CON 5 WIS 8 CHA 9

Mid-Week Check-in-

So far I have run twice this week; two miles each run. Today I decreased my time per mile by almost 30 seconds. (!!) I have noticed that my second run of the week is usually better. I was really trying to get out of running today because it is (TMI) shark week and I felt super sleepy. Yesterday I also kind of binged on cheese. I REALLY REALLY wanted donuts and chocolate, but didn't have any and I didn't want to go to the convenience store to just buy snacks, so cheese it was! That cheese had it coming. It was also a good reminder on why I don't keep cheese in the house: easy bait.

Tomorrow will be my day off this week and I plan on eating a donut. I am also going to do some beginner's body weight work-out. It's been a long time since I have indulged in that.

I hope everyone's week is going by pretty swell!

Mid-Week Check-in-

So far I have run twice this week; two miles each run. Today I decreased my time per mile by almost 30 seconds. (!!) I have noticed that my second run of the week is usually better. I was really trying to get out of running today because it is (TMI) shark week and I felt super sleepy. Yesterday I also kind of binged on cheese. I REALLY REALLY wanted donuts and chocolate, but didn't have any and I didn't want to go to the convenience store to just buy snacks, so cheese it was! That cheese had it coming. It was also a good reminder on why I don't keep cheese in the house: easy bait.

Tomorrow will be my day off this week and I plan on eating a donut. I am also going to do some beginner's body weight work-out. It's been a long time since I have indulged in that.

I hope everyone's week is going by pretty swell!

Nice work on the decreasing time per mile... that's amazing!!! What's your new average?

NOT so nice work on the cheese. I am going to send you a podcast that I was listening to this morning, and you shall cringe a bit the next time you see that oh-so-tasty-cheese in the supermarket! (Or so I hope. I could also have the opposite effect.)

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines