Nice work on the decreasing time per mile... that's amazing!!! What's your new average?

NOT so nice work on the cheese. I am going to send you a podcast that I was listening to this morning, and you shall cringe a bit the next time you see that oh-so-tasty-cheese in the supermarket! (Or so I hope. I could also have the opposite effect.)

I promise this will not be me...

have-you-ever-felt-so-damn-fine-240x180.

Rosie is adorable.  I hope she helps you save!

I'm thinking about adding biking to my repertoire too.  I haven't ridden in YEARS, and was never very good ad it.  All those gears are just confusing...

You're making progress on tough goals.  I'm wondering if a step counter would be a way for you to get credit for wearing out dogs?  Does Fitocracy have an entry for steps during a day?

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Rosie is adorable.  I hope she helps you save!

I'm thinking about adding biking to my repertoire too.  I haven't ridden in YEARS, and was never very good ad it.  All those gears are just confusing...

You're making progress on tough goals.  I'm wondering if a step counter would be a way for you to get credit for wearing out dogs?  Does Fitocracy have an entry for steps during a day?

Thank you Peggy :) I am unsure about being able to log in steps into Fitocracy, but I will look into it. I don't do the dog walking consistently, so I haven't done proper research, but you have whet my curiosity about it. 

Why is there something wrong with posing on the cheese?  *snap-snap-snap*

Well, the cheese may melt with so much hotness! :D:D

Great progress this week! I too have weaknesses for cheese, and dark chocolate. I buy the dark chocolate squares, so I'm not tempted to eat the whole bar, and try to pair it with something healthy like almonds or another nut so I'm not sure scarfing it all down. Shark week is a nightmare for me, I crave carbs and dairy so naturally pizza is my weakness. Glad it's over now so I can get back to life currently in progress.

Level 2 Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 1 

Challenges: #1 , #2 , 

Current Challenge: Back to Basics

Hey Rogaecia! Great goals! I especially like your motivation. Doing this kind of thing for yourself is an excellent motivation. YOU aren't going anywhere. You decide whether or not you disappoint yourself. YOU know what you've been able to do. 

And it looks like you're doing great so keep it up!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Thought of you when I saw this option for a "grown up" bike:  http://geekologie.com/2013/08/dreams-really-do-come-true-600-big-wheel.php

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

Great progress this week! I too have weaknesses for cheese, and dark chocolate. I buy the dark chocolate squares, so I'm not tempted to eat the whole bar, and try to pair it with something healthy like almonds or another nut so I'm not sure scarfing it all down. Shark week is a nightmare for me, I crave carbs and dairy so naturally pizza is my weakness. Glad it's over now so I can get back to life currently in progress.

Dark chocolate squares are a genius idea! 

Oh no- pizzaaa! There are a couple of pizza places I follow on facebook and they're always posting photos of pizza; I think I might be mildy masochistic. 

Boo to shark week! 

Hey Rogaecia! Great goals! I especially like your motivation. Doing this kind of thing for yourself is an excellent motivation. YOU aren't going anywhere. You decide whether or not you disappoint yourself. YOU know what you've been able to do. 

And it looks like you're doing great so keep it up!

Thank you so much, Silas. :) 

Having awesome people who are into getting fit is also a huge motivator. Hope you are having a great week. 

Nice work on the decreasing time per mile... that's amazing!!! What's your new average?

NOT so nice work on the cheese. I am going to send you a podcast that I was listening to this morning, and you shall cringe a bit the next time you see that oh-so-tasty-cheese in the supermarket! (Or so I hope. I could also have the opposite effect.)

Sicilll- Sorry for taking so long to reply. My average time is at 12:17/mile...or was on Wednesday. We will see what it is like tomorrow when I cover a longer distance; 3 miles instead of 2. I have the problem where my first mile is the fastest and the subsequent ones are about a minute slower. I have been trying to do pacing exercises, but I am not sure how well that is working. Last year when I was training for the half marathon I was using MapMyRun and it was so bad. I think my pace at that time was 13-15 min/mile. Earlier this year when I logged the 100 in April, my time was hovering over 11:30/mile. My long-term goal is to make it at a steady 10min/mile. SO MANY GOALS :D :D :D 

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I really want to read the book. 

Today I did the Beginner's Body Weight Work Out circuit twice and discovered it is worth 336 points on Fitocracy--- SCORE!!! 

Right now I am about 3k points from the next level, I hope I can reach that by the end of the challenge. I also squeezed myself into a sports bra that was too small for me. Granted, there was some overflow on the sides (under my arms- of course) but I GOT IT ON. Muahahahahaha!  :smiley_simmons:

Today is my day off, food wise, and I've been eating all sorts of stuff. My stomach was a little annoyed earlier today, wondering what was going on. 

Overall, pretty awesome day. :D 

I hope everyone's Thursday is rocking. 

Sicilll- Sorry for taking so long to reply. My average time is at 12:17/mile...or was on Wednesday. We will see what it is like tomorrow when I cover a longer distance; 3 miles instead of 2. I have the problem where my first mile is the fastest and the subsequent ones are about a minute slower. I have been trying to do pacing exercises, but I am not sure how well that is working. Last year when I was training for the half marathon I was using MapMyRun and it was so bad. I think my pace at that time was 13-15 min/mile. Earlier this year when I logged the 100 in April, my time was hovering over 11:30/mile. My long-term goal is to make it at a steady 10min/mile. SO MANY GOALS :D :D :D

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but I really want to read the book. 

No worries! I'm sure you have better things to do... like running! :D That's some great progress, I'm impressed! If I'm not on a treadmill, pacing myself is difficult. I hate long distances. However do you deal with the boredom?

I really wanna read the book too, but first I gotta finish Craving. Argh! Too many!

Great job on the Beginner's Workout - I'm at 2 sets as well. Hoping to work my way up to 3 this week!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

No worries! I'm sure you have better things to do... like running! :D That's some great progress, I'm impressed! If I'm not on a treadmill, pacing myself is difficult. I hate long distances. However do you deal with the boredom?

I really wanna read the book too, but first I gotta finish Craving. Argh! Too many!

Great job on the Beginner's Workout - I'm at 2 sets as well. Hoping to work my way up to 3 this week!

I really like long distances- when I get myself to do them, that is. I think my favorite distance is definitely 10K. After about 3miles I start cruising on that runner's high stuff and feel like I should never ever stop- then at like 5.9miles I'm sooooo over it, so 6.2miles is pretty perfect. I usually listen to music when I am out skipping around. I also count my steps. It's weirdly meditative and keeps me from dozing off. 

I will be behind you on the Beginner's Workout! Woo HOO! Those squatsssss!!! Buns of steel, here we come! 

Redrum!  Redrum!  REDRUM!

ZllLfW1oV6gf_vLu5AM6mthAIk_LogZn851IN6nQ

So funny you said that, Incantor. The other day a friend and I were looking at pictures on the internetz and that picture above came up and we both shuddered. I love that movie. I live about an hour from Timberline Lodge where some of the outside scenes were filmed. Just driving by that place gives me the willies!

So....

Today I tried to run 3 miles and about a quarter of a mile in, I tripped on the sidewalk and slammed onto the ground knees first, followed by my face. Luckily, by quick reaction, I softened the blow to my face by extending my arms in front of me. I scraped up my left knee and my right arm. (Bodies and their movements are funny...)

1150196_10151617645246312_728054700_n.jp

There's a terrible photo of my left knee. 

I decided that I would wear pants despite not bandaging up my scrapes- GENIUS! Just kidding- the scrape stings like a mofo. I'm going to conquer the hell out of those 3 miles. I kind of wish I wouldn't have given up after .6miles....but I decided to go home instead. I have to admit I was not the most focused and enthusiastic when I left the house for my run, which could have contributed to the toppling over.

Tomorrow is another day :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines