• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mnolan

Old Lady on a Mission

This is my first challenge....Not 100% sure how all this works... but I will give it my all :)

Main Quest:

My first goal is to lose 5lbs (baby stepss) and to fit better in my clothes.

My mission or goals to help me get /stay on track:

a) Beginner Bodyweight  Workout  2 - 3 x a week (depending on what my body can handle)

B) Walk 1-2 mile(s) every other day

c) Drink more water everyday  / follow Paleo more diligently

My Motivation:

1. Kids: I want to be around to drive my kids crazy for a long time!

2. I have a great vacation planned for Oct;  not only do I want to look / feel better I want to be able to keep

up with my daughter on our adventures.... :)

Life Quest:

Get out more...

Welcome to the rebellion. I think your first goal is great. I like the idea of saying 2 or 3 wrokouts , and then seeing what your body can handle right now. I think your 2nd goal could be more specific. What is more water? My goal this challenge is to drink more water too! I have decided to do set times when I drink water during the day. You could also say you want to drink at least something like 56 oz of water. Same with Paleo. How about I want to make sure at least all my breakfasts and lunches are Paleo, or that I have 6 Paleo meals a week?

Elastigirl Thank you for the feedback. :)

I have decided more water means at least 64oz a day. At least 8 oz an hour while at work.

I will stay away from the "bite size" candy dish at work.

We are in roughly the same place with similar goals :)

If you have a smart phone, I am loving Map My Walk. It is helping me to see my progress (a little farther, a little faster, a little steeper), and it keeps track of my routes, so if I am having an ouchie day I can choose a fairly flat and shorter walk, or if I am feeling great and have time, I can browse other people's routes for something different and more challenging. It's nice getting to meet my neighbors after ten years.

hi mnolan.  How's the walking going?  i find sometimes that having an app and/or tracker that you can check every couple hours to see how far you've walked has been a great asset. would love to know how your first week went.

here goes my first week's progress....

Walking: because of the humidity and heat I was only able to walk a mile everyday... between our bulldog and my asthma I'm not sure who was the bigger baby!! (we are use to 102/103 at 8pm with single digit humidity not 102/103 with 35% humidity.... big freaking difference!!!)

Water: I was a little short on my water intake...by goal was 64oz; most days I drank 56-60oz which isn't that bad...

Beginner bodyweight.... I can do better... one day with no issues

Zumba:  I competed one hour class and was still able to walk down the stairs and out the door to my car  :)

Eating: The fact that I love Paleo I didn't have a problem with my meals and  I was very good at staying away from the hershey miniatures!!

Weight: I started at 157.5 and weighed in at 155 this week!!! Whoot Whoot!

Overall I am giving my self a C+ for the week...

Things to improve:  add another bodyweight day, increase my walking by 1/2 mile (humidty permitting) and get those last four oz of water down

Small steps are great, makes it easier to stay motivated. One of my goals is to follow Paleo more diligent as well, but it seems like you are doing great. I have a hard time with cravings. Yay for a successful week!

Week two :

Walking: was replaced with running up and down the stairs (inside) because it is still a little too warm for the puppy. I did this everyday a couple of times a day for about 10 min each time.I am sure I looked

like a goof... but who cares! :}

Water: I hit my goal of 64 oz each day and then some!!! A friend suggested a 24oz bottle vs  16oz and the trick worked. :)

Beginner bodyweight: still room for improvement... only completed one day

Paleo: another successful week of staying away from the miniatures :)

Weight:....155 to 153 :)

Over all grade: C+ ....

improvement: thinking i should change my strategy...do the bodyweight workout in the am...

Id totally give you a B+!

You meet your water intake, you replaced your exercise with another that cos in your limits so you're not using the weather as am excuse, you've lost 2lbs (wow) AND you've managed to keep to a paleo diet that is some mega fab work! Don't talk yourself down you are doing a fantastic job, yeh you could improve but so could Everyone :)

Congrats on a super week and good luck for week 3 :)

Mummybear thanks!!! You're post sounded like something I would say to my friends and family!!! I appreciate the words of encourgement....

You're right I should focus on the positve and not the negative!!! :positive:

update:

Walking: this week was a bit hectic... i walked laps a few times a day at work to get my walking in

Water: with my friends great suggestion I have been hitting my water goal with no problems averaging about 72 oz a day!!! :)

Zumba: (1) one hour class this week.... had fun doing it, felt great after class

Beginner Bodyweight: one day

Paleo: successful week no wondering to the candy bowl

Weight: 153 to 152 :)

Overall grade this week: B ....

update:

Walking: I was able to walk a few miles this week with the puppy :)

Water: hit my goal and then some once again

Zumba: i missed my zumba this week... no worries Sunday creeps up quickly

Beginner Body Weight: one day

Paleo: another successful week no wondering

Weight 152 to 151 :)

overall grade this week B

The past two weeks have been very hectic... work was a little more stressful and a whole lot busier....

I was able to stick to my food and water goals but my exercise went out the window. I made sure to use the stairs

and walked around the office a little more than normal to get some exercise... By the time I got home, did my chores

and took care of the puppy...  I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep!!! :moon:

But I am proud of myself for my overall accomplishments!!! :joyous:

My final weigh in is 150!!! Whoot Whoot  that is a nice 7.5 lbs less  :triumphant:

I tried on my dresses and they fit better.... My jeans don't look like they are screaming for me to get out of them!!!

My measurements:

W: 35 to 33

Hips: 42.5 to 41.5

Left Leg: 26 to 25 (due to injury a few years ago, my left side tends to be slightly larger then my right)

Right Leg: 24.5 to 23.5

Overall Grade: B

I am looking forward to the next challenge..... Thank you to all of you that have sent messages and given support!!!