iamatt122's NEW and Improved 6-week challenge

Iamatt122

Main Goal: Lose 60 lbs and get stronger by April 20th

Objectives:

1. Eat 80% Paleo 5 days/week (+2 STA +2 CON)

2. Angry Birds Workout 3 x a week( +2 STR +2DEX +1 CON)

3. Cut out Soda and drink Water only every other day. (consume more water even on soda days)(+3 CON)

Life Goal: Finish implementing GTD system. (+3 WIS )

• Like 1

Are you only going to be drinking water only every other day or am i just reading that wrong?  Probably reading it wrong.

Anyway i've subbed and i'm looking to seeing what you do this challenge. Good luck xx

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Good to see one the Bats again! *Cheers*

I'm with Angel -- you'll want to re-word goal #3. I'd suggest some thing like "21 days of drinking nothing but water." This allows you some flexibility in when you drink something other than water. Here's a hint (from someone who did it last time)... try a few days (a week) in row with only water. The first three days or so suck. After that it gets much easier.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

Are you only going to be drinking water only every other day or am i just reading that wrong?  Probably reading it wrong.

Anyway i've subbed and i'm looking to seeing what you do this challenge. Good luck xx

I meant that every other day i will be drinking only water.On the days that arent every other day I still plan to drink water. But, I will probably have other things too.

I meant that every other day i will be drinking only water.On the days that arent every other day I still plan to drink water. But, I will probably have other things too.

Oh lol. See i was reading it wrong.

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

objective 1: eat 80% paleo 5 days a week.... so far so good. I had a banana and 2 paleo muffins for breakfast. eating a 6 oz steak and brussel sprouts for lunch. dinner will be dificult. I am going to be out and about with my cousin. may go for in n out protein burger.it's mostly paleo.and definitely wont get me over that 20% allowance.

Objective 2: angryu birds day 1 complete

30 squats in one set level 1 cleared with 3 stars

15/15/12 incline pushups 2 stars try again wednesday

35left/31right one arm rows with my 10 lb. backpack technically 3 stars...but i am gonna give it 2 and try a little more weight on wednesday

35sec/38 sec planks 3 stars level 1 cleared.

Objective 3: between breakfast and my workout I have had almost 60 oz. of water today..no soda.....no headache yet.... fingers crossed.I will probably bring some water tonight to the concert and keep filling up at the bar.

bonus.....mosh pit is gonna make me sooooooo sweaty and disgustingly active that I will get excercize without "workign out"

Life Goal: no work on GTD today other than these things were on my list and I crossed em off. I have a review planned for friday to tie up loose ends. until then checking off lists is fun.

Hi again! Glad to see you back! 

Good thing you got in some practice with increasing your water last time. That will definitely help! I was focusing on drinking more water at work today and thought of you. Nice job on Day 1!!! :)

I hadn't heard of the GTD system as an official thing. That's awesome! I'll have to look into it more. I've definitely gotten much better about my time management over the past few years, but it's still a weak spot for me. 

Hope you had fun/exercise at the concert tonight!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Hello Matt! Life your goals, simple and manageable. Doing the 80% paleo thing has worked wonders for me, nice to have that 20% every day to eat things like cheese, bread, and beans.

I am a water fanatic, it was something I' had to work on, my first challenge included no pop or soda or whatever you call it. Now that I'm used to it, I have a hard time when I do drink pop, it's overly sugary and sweet and hurts my stomach. I used to be a Mountain Dew addict, now it hurts me.

what concert are you going to tonight? I haven't been to a good concert in a while, let me live vicariously through you. :redface-new:

Level 3 Human Ranger

STR 3.2 STA 3.2   CON 7 DEX 2 WIS 7.5 CHA 4.5

Look like good goals and approach, but what's GTD?  Am I missing something simple?

Good job jumping in on the ABW - I did that consistently last challenge and it's a great workout!  Good luck with it!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Moshing is by far the most under-rated exercise. Who you off to see?

Saw Rancid, the Transplants, interrupters, and rat City Riot. It was amaaaaazing. best pit and show combo I have had in a long time... noone got in any fights...lots of love in the pit.....and plenty of RAW agression.

Look like good goals and approach, but what's GTD?  Am I missing something simple?

Good job jumping in on the ABW - I did that consistently last challenge and it's a great workout!  Good luck with it!

GTD is a system for organizing everythign in your life so you have no loose ends left to do....eventually... it involves thowing every commitment /to do list/ project, etc into a big pile and taking a few hours to write down what youa re gonna do about each item......then the GTD happens.....Getting Things Done. David Allen is the author of the book. and even with the system half implemented I have noticed a marked change in my productivity and clear headedness.

what concert are you going to tonight? I haven't been to a good concert in a while, let me live vicariously through you. :redface-new:

See above? And if youa re living vicariously through me then you lived good that night. But, you should definitely do some stuff for you.

Now that the responses are handled..... Update time.

Tuesday I ate 80% or more paleo... I wroked from 7am to 1am at the sports arena setting up Bruno Mars and being a camera cable page for the show. They fed us...and had an excellent selection of meats and veggies for lunch and dinner. But, the best part was a juicer......I put so many fruits and veggies in that thing throughout the day.... it was yummmmmmmy. My other goals didnt apply that day but I did drink water at every meal and I only had one energy drink and 1 can of soda.and no angry birds for that day.

Today.....I drank all water all day.....except when I woke up this mornign and got breakfast and forgot..... but i didnt drink soda or an energy drink. I had almond milk. So I am counting it as a win. Angry birds workout did not happen. :( I was exhausted from my workout monday the concert monday night and my long stint at the sports arena tuesday and I workded today from 8am-2pm. So I came home and slept. I have put some serious thought into doing it before I go to bed (workign at 8 am tommorrow). But, I am still very sore and dont plan on doing too much. I did eat paleo for every meal today. the only non paleo thing i had was a spoon full of peanut butter.

So thats my day 2 and 3 update.

uh i'm sure you got quite a workout setting up the concert - carrying heavy things around, climbing things, walking up and down (sounds like a pretty good workout to me and a pretty functional one too).

My challenge

uh i'm sure you got quite a workout setting up the concert - carrying heavy things around, climbing things, walking up and down (sounds like a pretty good workout to me and a pretty functional one too).

I think AB's on target - but don't give up on your Angry Birds!  You can do it - even if it's delayed, you're still good.  Part of what's helped me is getting away from the all-or-nothing thinking - if I don't meet a goal 100%, or by the deadline, or perfectly, then I would just give up and not try to meet even a part of the goal.  Now I'll try to make at least of part of it, or do it even if it's later, etc., then count it as a partial win.  For me this is a great help and a good head change.

OrcWarrior

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Hey, glad to see you back! 

Paleo is on my eventually list. It is haaard. 80% seems like a good compromise though, good luck with it man!

Silas Randwulf

Level 2 Ogre Adventurer

STR: 6.75 DEX: 2.75 STA: 6 CON: 6 WIS: 4 CHA: 1.5

First Challenge

"The coward believes he will live forever if he holds back in battle, but in old age he shall have no peace though spears have spared his limbs." - Havamal

Saw Rancid like... 4 years ago. By far one of the best gigs I've been to in my life! It was intense.

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Hey Matt! Sounds like you were off to a strong yet exhausting start last week! How did the week round out? 

WEEK 2!!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Matt!  How's the eating and Angry Birds coming?  Keep us in the loop so we can encourage you!  Good luck!

OrcWarrior

Sorry I haven't updated....I am almost a little ashamed and bummed to. But here I go:

the GOOD: I have eaten paleo on some days 100% even and even on my 2 cheat days I have been eatuing some paleo stuff cause it is so damn yummy.

the BAD: I drank stuff that wasn't water on a cou[ple water days. But, one day it was carrot juice (with half a monster rehab). The other day there was no excuses...we were having a party and I wanted to have a couple beers and some whiskey. the end.

the UGLY: I haven't done my angry birds workout at all since that first day. mostly time constraints. so I am gonna do it today and change the schedule to sunday tuesday thursday.

Life goal: GTD is going good. I am researching new ways to add to my system using evernote and google tasks

Thanks for the update Matt! Sounds like you've been busy. 

Great job on the paleo!! Keep it up :)

Sounds like you are averaging pretty well on the water, so I wouldn't say you're doing bad (and you totally recognize the problem, so that's part of it). The past is past! Now hydrate! 

re:Angry Birds, something is better than nothing. Even if you don't get the whole workout in, go for it anyway. If it helps, don't worry about which days you are doing it. If you end up doing it a few days in a row, that's just fine, too! Especially if you're having trouble getting the whole thing done. Start out slower and continue incorporating it into your day.

Nice work on GTD!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

I echo Katia - don't worry about what you haven't done, just get back on the horse.  Just. Do. Today.  You can do it!

OrcWarrior

Sorry I haven't come and said hi in a bit. I have been installing a show at the Old Globe Theatre. Work in itself has been a workout. I like to think of the rigging I do as Theatrical indoor rock climbing..... and I come home everyday sweating...I love it!

I took everyones advice and I am taking a different approach to angry birds....... instead of making sure i do all 4 excercizes every other day.... I am just seeing what i can do in my free time at work... cause i have little bits of down time.....I just got 3 stars on level 2 for squats, 2 stars on level 2 for planks, 3 stars on level 4 of easy push ups, and 2 stars on level 2 of rows.

The every other day water thing is awesome..... I am fudging it  a bit. My wife bought coconut water.....and I am drinking that with dinner.....but waterr the rest of the day on my water days. on my water optional days I have been drinking one or two sodas. Thios is a grerat improvement.

My wife has really gotten into the paleo thing... she bought us all kinds of paleo ingredients...my lunches get packed between 90-100% paleo. Best WIFE EVAR!!!!!

Life Goal: I am getting more and more stuff into evrnote and my email inbox looks amazing...and my life inbox is not nearly as full as when I started. I even put a note in to remind myself that if I become a monk I have to wear heels AB!

Sorry I haven't come and said hi in a bit. I have been installing a show at the Old Globe Theatre. Work in itself has been a workout. I like to think of the rigging I do as Theatrical indoor rock climbing..... and I come home everyday sweating...I love it!

I took everyones advice and I am taking a different approach to angry birds....... instead of making sure i do all 4 excercizes every other day.... I am just seeing what i can do in my free time at work... cause i have little bits of down time.....I just got 3 stars on level 2 for squats, 2 stars on level 2 for planks, 3 stars on level 4 of easy push ups, and 2 stars on level 2 of rows.

The every other day water thing is awesome..... I am fudging it  a bit. My wife bought coconut water.....and I am drinking that with dinner.....but waterr the rest of the day on my water days. on my water optional days I have been drinking one or two sodas. Thios is a grerat improvement.

My wife has really gotten into the paleo thing... she bought us all kinds of paleo ingredients...my lunches get packed between 90-100% paleo. Best WIFE EVAR!!!!!

Life Goal: I am getting more and more stuff into evrnote and my email inbox looks amazing...and my life inbox is not nearly as full as when I started. I even put a note in to remind myself that if I become a monk I have to wear heels AB!

LOL, Matt if you put on heels for even one workout, please take pics for us :)  The Monks will let you in whether you wear heels or not ;)

Also yay for best wife evar and a great on your stars :)

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines