Mini-challenge did me some good.  tweaked two of my goals b/c one was over ambitious and the other was too complicated.  Much clearer now and still challenging :)

Here is a picture from our outing to Ceraland.  Sifty-A's favorite spot.  Sifty-J did not want his picture taken

ceraland+spot.JPG

Scout

Battle Log - Accountability-Tracking-Training Worksheets

1st Challenge - 2nd Challenge - 3rd Challenge

"He must become greater; I must become less.†John 3:30

week 1 did not go well.....a bit emotionally exhausted and wasn't happy with my goals.  Goals have been tweaked.  Looking forward to starting fresh tomorrow.

• Diet - 16/21 paleo meals -- 76% = C
  • 2 Desserts/Week - this definitely did not happen = F
  • 4 runs / 2 strength training workouts -- managed 2 runs and 1 strength training session, so missed 2 runs & 1 strength training workout = F on my grading scale.  Thankfully it was a taper week in the middle of my half-marathon plan, so my legs will just be super rested 
  • Internet -- decrease screen time -- 1 hour internet, 5 days/week = A

struggling a little bit b/c I realize my half-marathon side-quest, that I am now in week 10 of my training plan, is distracting me a bit from getting me to my main quest......still pondering.

Scout

Be healthy. Be fit. Be strong. Is my main quest. I am getting stronger in all areas of my life, so that is a positive; however what I am currently doing is not helping me to drop pounds which is essential in the "be healthy" and "be fit". Need to focus more on strength training, rather than running bc it is a more direct route to my main quest. I love cardio so if I am not training for a half I will still get the cardio in....just got all excited to do a half bc I'm a scout and I've never done one. Everyone's enthusiasm is contagious .....anyhow, just feel like I need to reevaluate....oh and feel like cutting calories and some fasting would be helpful but that is not really conducive to my energy levels while training for a half....I'll figure it out, I'm not a quitter. NF challenge format change was very beneficial for me. Just need to sort some stuff out.

Scout

Thx Griz! Survived Sifty-A's first day of kindergarten. Today's drop off was much easier! Dropping Sifty-J for his first day of preschool. Taking a little downtime this morning to enjoy a cup of coffee and a book to celebrate my birthday! Then heading back to Sifty-A's class to volunteer (yeah mini challenge fulfillment)! But I am most looking forward to my run. Feeling positive for the first time in about a week. Today is going to be a good day...

Scout

Thanks Phoenix . With Sifty-J in preschool, I have one morning every week to do what I want. It was wonderful. Your time will come Birthday was great.

Got 4 miles in this morning. Was really humid which made breathing not so fun but my legs felt great after having such a long rest.

Steve's latest post on fasting was really interesting and timely. Hope to have it as part of my action plan for next week. Goals are coming a long much better this week!

Scout

Thanks fearless and PB. Glad you liked the comment fearless. Re-read it myself a couple days ago bc I needed a reality check.

PB, I especially enjoyed the interview with Wolverine ....I was like hmmm if Wolverine can train for 3 hours a day and only eat between the hours of 10-6 for short periods of time , then I'm pretty sure my body will not die if I give fasting a go while training for my half lol.

Scout

So I am officially DQing myself from this challenge. It's week 2 and I am yet again tweaking my diet goals. While I am pleased with my overall improvement of making healthier decisions and eating Paleo at least 80% Of the time, i am not getting the results I desire in weight loss. I know part of this has to do with my metabolic disorder , the other is I need to focus more on strength training. I have 30-40lbs I would like to/need to lose.

Reflecting on my progress made me realize that you can be hitting home runs in effort and progress but still not be heading in the right direction....toward your main quest. So glad that the challenge format changed. Working through where I'm at put me in a funk for a bit but now I'm coming out on the other side stronger.

Life goal and fitness goal remain the same. First diet goal effective today, Intermittent fasting 5 days a week. Eating window 10am-7pm. I fully expect this first week to be hard as my body adjusts.

2nd diet goal will need to focus on Paleo diet. Not sure how to set this up bc I will not be eating a specific number of meals. Also I want to allow flexibility for family dinners or celebrations. Soooooo during this challenge time period I will get this sorted out. Any suggestions ?

Scout

This may be too wishy-washy of a grading scheme, but a lot of times at the end of a week, you know if you did fantastically, just meh or completely failed. Maybe do an A/C/F grading scheme each week based on your own reflections?

At least I'm not losing my internet-deprivation buddy. :P

I'm not sure this necessitates a DQ though. You're figuring out what works for you; that makes you a winner. Heck, Hammi just completely re-evaluated her main quest almost two weeks into the challenge, and we're friggin proud of her for it!

2nd diet goal will need to focus on Paleo diet. Not sure how to set this up bc I will not be eating a specific number of meals. Also I want to allow flexibility for family dinners or celebrations. Soooooo during this challenge time period I will get this sorted out. Any suggestions ?

Maybe a limited number of "get out of Paleo free" cards?  Maybe 1 per week (or just say 4 total, if events are likely to not space out evenly...or whatever number you think is fair).

And I'm with Grizzy:  DQ, shmee-que, whether or not you qualify for the guild prize, you can still rock this challenge by making it work in your favor.  You got this!

PS -- I'm beginning to think the championship is hexed.  Anwyl dropped off the face of the earth after winning his, and now you're having such a hard time after yours.  (Or were, sounds like you're well on your way to a comeback now)  Yikes!  :hororr:

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

That's what I dislike about the anonymity of NF.  On the one hand, it makes us more comfortable with "confessions", or safer, etc, but if someone doesn't check up, we can't check in on them.  Boo!  I hope he's doing ok.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Yeah, it would be awesome to have an irl friend also on NF who could kick my butt back on to NF when I fall off my own personal wagon and feel ashamed to report in because of it. I disappeared for the second half (+ months after) of two challenges before coming back and sticking it out for last challenge, just because I felt so awful about coming back and saying I launched myself face-first into habits of soda drinking and slothlike exercise motivation.

This may be too wishy-washy of a grading scheme, but a lot of times at the end of a week, you know if you did fantastically, just meh or completely failed. Maybe do an A/C/F grading scheme each week based on your own reflections?

Maybe a limited number of "get out of Paleo free" cards?  Maybe 1 per week (or just say 4 total, if events are likely to not space out evenly...or whatever number you think is fair).

Griz, I can't do wishy-washy.  Wish I could, but I have learned from previous challenges that I have to be rigid on my grading or I am too "meh".  Thanks for the suggestion tho.  PB, I like the Paleo-free card idea b/c it allows me set a number -- which sticks with the SMART concept.

At least I'm not losing my internet-deprivation buddy. :tongue:

:pirate:  no way!  we are partners in crime for this challenge.

I'm not sure this necessitates a DQ though. You're figuring out what works for you; that makes you a winner. Heck, Hammi just completely re-evaluated her main quest almost two weeks into the challenge, and we're friggin proud of her for it!

And I'm with Grizzy:  DQ, shmee-que, whether or not you qualify for the guild prize, you can still rock this challenge by making it work in your favor.  You got this!

The dq comment was not coming from a whoa-is-me place.  I actually feel better than I have in weeks.  I completely plan to rock the remainder of this challenge.  Just feel like I am sorting and tweaking so much that it is more or less preparing me for specific goals for the next challenge.  Griz, thanks for pointing me to Hammi's thread.  With the limited internet goal I had not read her's in a bit.  Definitely hit home and was encouraging to see that I am not the only one that figured out I was off track toward my main quest.

PS -- I'm beginning to think the championship is hexed.  Anwyl dropped off the face of the earth after winning his, and now you're having such a hard time after yours.  (Or were, sounds like you're well on your way to a comeback now)  Yikes!  :hororr:

Amen.  I just went to check out his threads.....that is weird.  He was kicking ass and taking names..... :pride:

That's what I dislike about the anonymity of NF.  On the one hand, it makes us more comfortable with "confessions", or safer, etc, but if someone doesn't check up, we can't check in on them.  Boo!  I hope he's doing ok.

Yeah, it would be awesome to have an irl friend also on NF who could kick my butt back on to NF when I fall off my own personal wagon and feel ashamed to report in because of it. I disappeared for the second half (+ months after) of two challenges before coming back and sticking it out for last challenge, just because I felt so awful about coming back and saying I launched myself face-first into habits of soda drinking and slothlike exercise motivation.

So ladies, I am totally game with exchanging email addresses or "friending" y'all on facebook so that we can keep tabs on eachother if we fall of the wagon.  Believe me, in the last month it has crossed my mind...I am all good now, but 2 weeks ago it was very tempting.  I know some of the other scouts have done this.....if your not interested thats no hard feelings. I will send you my info in a pm  :redface:

Scout

What is working for me on the days that are restricted is to give myself 20 minutes in the morning, 20 at kiddos quiet time, and 20 at night.  It sucks, but it is working.  If I start to have trouble I plan to use a timer  :nightmare:

Scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines