Looks like we have some second years and hopefully a few freshly sorted people here as well. As the portrait of the Fat Lady swings forward (this challenges password is "pudding") we welcome you all to House Gryffindor.

In honor of tradition I'll do a little summary of our members once people have introduced themselves.

Level 5 Orc Citizen Soldier

STR 7.5|DEX 9.5|STA 11|CON 12|WIS 20.5|CHA 8.5

Old Challenges 15/4 3/6 7/25

"Do it now."

so good to be back. I will be posting my thread soon but I'm just glad to see some old friends and of course new faces in our humble House Griffindor. good luck everyone

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

Well I'm not a Gryffindor... probably more Ravenpuff/Huffleclaw :tongue:

Maybe if I put on a red-and-gold scarf no one will notice? ...

How bout it? Can I join?

I thought the same thing =)

Level 7 Hobbit Scout
STR: 9.2 | DEX: 7.2 | CON: 14 | STA: 15.15 | WIS: 16.7 | CHA: 12.7

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk
My Bio My Blog Current Challenge

Hi!

I don't know what challenge this is but I have completed 4 challenges successfully. So happy to be doing another one. Here are my goals in a nutshell:

Main Quest - By the end of the year I will pass two out of the four FBI fitness requirements.

Goal #1 – Strength Configuration Part 2 (45 Push Ups, Non-Stop)!
Goal #2 – Stamina Configuration Part 2 (45 Sit Ups, Non Stop)!
Goal #3 - Defeat round two boss, Coke Cola!

Life Quest: One Does Not Simply Step Into Their Doctorate Program Part 2!

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk

Alright without further ado (aka finally done with bloody paperwork), here is this Challenge's Gryffindor's!

Grizzy: Our resident scout doing her part by collecting supplies for our favorite pozt-zombie apocalyptic community, Abel Township!

AddisonNemeth: One of our Second Years who's making a voyage across the Desert to stop the Man in Black. 

RedTomato501: Currently on an epic quest of Blah!

Loki: Who's trying to avoid causing the end of the world!

Wirilome: Trying to join the FBI and get her PHD!

Terrormortus: That's me! I'm getting ready to enter basic training!

So check out your fellow Gryffindor challenges. Offer advice, encouragements, maybe a joke or two. I'll be back later tonight to do like wise!

Edditted as I linked wrong topic for Grizzy, sorry.

"Do it now."

Alright without further ado (aka finally done with bloody paperwork), here is this Challenge's Gryffindor's!

Grizzy: Our resident scout doing her part by collecting supplies for our favorite pozt-zombie apocalyptic community, Abel Township!

AddisonNemeth: One of our Second Years who's making a voyage across the Desert to stop the Man in Black. 

RedTomato501: Currently on an epic quest of Blah!

Loki: Who's trying to avoid causing the end of the world!

Wirilome: Trying to join the FBI and get her PHD!

Terrormortus: That's me! I'm getting ready to enter basic training!

So check out your fellow Gryffindor challenges. Offer advice, encouragements, maybe a joke or two. I'll be back later tonight to do like wise!

Edditted as I linked wrong topic for Grizzy, sorry.

Thanks for all the link.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

So I have been checking out the mini challenge and I was very impressed that I could barely find a single adventurer without a reply on their thread. I decided to look if nerds in other places need help and I noticed that plenty of Rangers seem to lack support. So I thought that if any of you didn't complete the mini challenge yet you could help out our brothers and sisters over there in the Ranger profession.

Worgen Adventurer STR - 4  DEX - 1 STA - 1 CON - 3 WIS - 4 CHA - 5

“Roland could not understand why anyone would want cocaine or any other illegal drug, for that matter, in a world where such a powerful one as sugar was so plentiful and cheap.†—  Stephen King, The Drawing of the Three

Week 2 Update:

#1 - F - Didn't do a single push-up. This is horrible. I can't improve if I don't do them. So I shall be doing them today.

#2 - F - Didn't do a single sit-up. This is horrible. I can't improve if I don't do them. So I shall be doing them today.

#3 - A+ - Only used up one of my cheats!

#4 - I signed up for Russian Classes. (+.33 CHA) Read but didn't finish the book, and took my first GRE test (+.5 WIS)

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Week 3 Summary:

Goal #1 F - I have this weird mental thing about push-ups. I'm scared. Simple as that. Whenever I go down into a push up position I instantly think about me falling on my face and breaking all my teeth and dislocating my jaw. That's all I think about and imagine the blood and then I just stay there until I tell myself that today is not the day I go down. Yeah... help?

Goal #2 B - I'm at 39 out of 45 push ups. Woot. Just 6 away? Heck yes I can do this shit. And to think when I started the last challenge I couldn't even do one sit up.

Goal #3 - I went one over. Wow!!! Right? I mean it's crappy but still just one. Not too shabby. During week 1, I went over one time, the second week I didn't go over and only used up one cheat. This time I went over one time. I know that if I were "in the moment" I wouldn't go over. So week 4 is about being in the moment and realizing that no I do not want a coke. And how about I not spend $3 on something I don't want to drink? Just saying.

Goal #4 - Been reading the same first book. Lordy, history is tougher than I remember. It takes me 40 mins to read 20 pages. It's so sad. But I have to keep going. I already had my interview for the internship and I start on the 27th.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Nice job with the last three goals, making some steady progress.

For the push-ups, maybe some progression would be good? In Convict Conditioning for push-ups you start at Wall Push-ups then head to Incline, Kneeling, Half, and then finally a Full Push-up. Maybe use that to gradually make your way to a full push-up so it's no longer "oh god I'm going to knock my teeth out" to "Okay can do 50 Incline push-ups with no issue, I can handle this". 

An idea, use it if it might help.

"Do it now."

Nice job with the last three goals, making some steady progress.

For the push-ups, maybe some progression would be good? In Convict Conditioning for push-ups you start at Wall Push-ups then head to Incline, Kneeling, Half, and then finally a Full Push-up. Maybe use that to gradually make your way to a full push-up so it's no longer "oh god I'm going to knock my teeth out" to "Okay can do 50 Incline push-ups with no issue, I can handle this". 

An idea, use it if it might help.

Thanks I've done the wall and slighty incline push up. This time I am at the incline and this is where I freak out.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Week #4 Update:
#1 - F I am up to 20 pushups. 45 pushups seem so far away. Blegh...
#2 - F No. I haven't done a single one.
#3 - A - Only had my cheat.  
#4 - A Yes. I set up a meeting with my professor. I opened up accounts with potential schools, and I have saved 71/200 dollars.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Week 5 Update:

#1 - F

#2 - F

#3 - A+ only 1 of my cheats woot. 

#4 - I started working on my personal statement; I got to see my professor and I've been reading like mad. Also I started my internship! 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

I will not be leveling for this challenged. I learned a lot about what my priories and in turn what my main quest is. Currently it is not the FBI. If you check out my Life Goal and my madness about the PhD that should have given me a clue. Anywhoo, 

Goal #1 - Failed

Goal #2 - Failed. 

Goal #3 - B! I went a total of 30 days without coke. OMFG. YES!!!!

Goal #4 - - Read 1 book, I took 1 GRE test, I started my internship, saved $132 for my transcripts, I signed up and started!! my Russian classes, I visited with my former professor. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines