• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Malfurion

1st challenge !

Hi everyone !

I am Blackadder, and i have practiced martial arts for ages but never gone to the end of the process (which is a beginning) to be a pro teacher myself. I always dreamed of being able to teach self defense to girls and kids, and some keys for life, so first have to forge one key myself ! And it will be to rise as a martial art teacher...

I posted it already in the wrong place :P !

• My 1st Main GOAL : Open a selfdefense school for girls and kids

FIRST STEP: get in shape ! that leads me to plan 3 objectives to the 6 weeks challenge:

1.  Eat 100% Paleo 

(To loose at the end of the process my overweight 213.4lbs/97kg for 5ft 87â„64in/ 1m73 !)

That will train my mind too..... by getting the right attitude: never quit and priorities first.

2.Train my body

Strength: Calisthenics (pushups, situps, squats, pullups)in a daily base; Weight training 3 times a week.

Cardio: in a daily base (45 min) can be rope skipping, running..

3.Train my technique

Daily routine in the dojo or at home: sand bag / skipping rope /techniques / meditation for 2 hours a day minimum.

And for pleasure if time: archery, swordmanship, parkour.... no !!!  let's keep foused :playful:

That's my 6 weeks challenge

And an external personal objective:

4. Create (funky goovy) harmony around me by action !

The difference beetween a desert and oasis: the man's action !

First step create harmony in my direct surroundings:examples...

1.My mind: meditate and get the good attitude!

2.My clothing: getting myself sexier :playful: and more elegant (so give old clothes away) !

3.My belongings, reparing them, painting them, etc.

4.My friendshps: show more my love, and get to see more my friends.

etc. etc...

Well that's it :nevreness:

Oops my motivations to jump into this challenge : Be the change i want to see in the world ... and break all the obstacle to get the most beautiful and simple life i know i can get, if i put myself into it ...

The rating system :

1.  Eat 100% Paleo 

A. All meals paleo

B.75%-100% of the meals paleo

C 50% -75% of the meals paleo

D.0-50% of the meals paleo

2.Train my body

Strength:

Training base: Cardio 45 min / Calisthenics (pushups, situps, squats, pullups) exercise till 100 repetitions

A. All trainings done

B.75%-100% trainings done

C 50% -75% trainings done

D.0-50% trainings done

Extra bonus:

+1: get to 100 pushups, situps, squats, pullups at the end of the challenge

+1:Weight trainings: 3 times a week

+1: Archery and swormandship (after training completed)

3.Train my technique

Daily martial art routine in the dojo or at home during 2 hours.

A. All trainings done

B.75%-100% trainings done

C 50% -75% trainings done

D.0-50% trainings done

Waiting for your advices and comments !

Well, if you've got the time to make all that training happen, then more power to you. I wish you luck! A self-defense place for kids would be awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, are you shooting for a hundred consecutive reps with each exercise?

Oh, I love your goal of 'self-defense place for girls and kids' - that's pretty much one of my life-ambitions too! (Although I'm leaning more towards girls and women).

Challenge looking good!

Well, if you've got the time to make all that training happen, then more power to you. I wish you luck! A self-defense place for kids would be awesome.

If you don't mind me asking, are you shooting for a hundred consecutive reps with each exercise?

even if i cand do 50 consecutive pushups, i plan to do 5x20 of each rep. Is there an added value in the training to do 100 consécutive ?

good luck to you! Sounds like a fun but tough journey

Sure It will be tough:p but i am working from home for the next 2 month, that makes It easier :)

Oh, I love your goal of 'self-defense place for girls and kids' - that's pretty much one of my life-ambitions too! (Although I'm leaning more towards girls and women).

Challenge looking good!

Thanks !!!!!! I Will appreciate that you share your way to your project! Might be very Empowering

even if i cand do 50 consecutive pushups, i plan to do 5x20 of each rep. Is there an added value in the training to do 100 consécutive ?

Well, there's an endurance benefit, but whether that's any good or not is dependent on your goals. Also, training to a hundred consecutive pull ups is really, really hard. I was just wondering, that's all!

Well, there's an endurance benefit, but whether that's any good or not is dependent on your goals. Also, training to a hundred consecutive pull ups is really, really hard. I was just wondering, that's all!

Ok ! my question was just to know if there was some great benefit, in this case i would have tryed !!

Even if.... for pull ups i am really lousy !!!! Also because i have lots of overweight to pull....that' s the reason i didn't even imagine to do a 100 consecutives :)

Have you any advice for the martial art sparring and practice ?

Ok ! my question was just to know if there was some great benefit, in this case i would have tryed !!

Even if.... for pull ups i am really lousy !!!! Also because i have lots of overweight to pull....that' s the reason i didn't even imagine to do a 100 consecutives :)

Have you any advice for the martial art sparring and practice ?

Yep. Get in the ring. Get punched. Punch back. Do so for three to five minutes. Take a minute break. Get back to it.

That'll handle roughly 98% of your sparring needs. :D

Yep. Get in the ring. Get punched. Punch back. Do so for three to five minutes. Take a minute break. Get back to it.

That'll handle roughly 98% of your sparring needs. :D

Ah ah ah ! u're right !

Boy will i have bruises after the 6 weeks challenge :playful: !!! well there's no other way so lets rock it !!

:D

First day accomplished !!!

Tough program but spreading it during the day it is possible !

So let's go to day 2 !!

I will post each weekend the results :P !

A very intense challenge and an even more worthy goal! Love the amazing attitude and mentality. Keep that up!

Wish you all the success in the world.

The challenge looks pretty intense!  Good luck!

It is intense :D but as i don't work during this challenge i have a chance to create this routine !!

So far i am managing with it even if it's quite exhausting..

Thank's :)

A very intense challenge and an even more worthy goal! Love the amazing attitude and mentality. Keep that up!

Wish you all the success in the world.

Thank's !!!

I will !! even if some help to keep motivated will be anyway very appreciated !! :D

wow! what a busy schedule, but if you've got the time and the inclination then you should certainly go for it :)

i admire your desire to open a school for women and kids.  I know that learning Krav Maga as a teen was possibly my favourite thing and I was grateful for the discipline it taught me :)

wow! what a busy schedule, but if you've got the time and the inclination then you should certainly go for it :)

i admire your desire to open a school for women and kids.  I know that learning Krav Maga as a teen was possibly my favourite thing and I was grateful for the discipline it taught me :)

Thank's i appreciate your support !!

I am having really a hard time, but i keep on it !

I thing teaching martial arts would be a good way to help out people, to defend themselves, but also to get confident, and adopt a good attitude.

Well if i can, i also will teach, some health tips like shiatsu, massage, meditation... but one goal at a time :) first get in good shape !!

Then get the teacher's certification and open the dojo.. :tongue:

Thank's i appreciate your support !!

I am having really a hard time, but i keep on it !

I thing teaching martial arts would be a good way to help out people, to defend themselves, but also to get confident, and adopt a good attitude.

Well if i can, i also will teach, some health tips like shiatsu, massage, meditation... but one goal at a time :) first get in good shape !!

Then get the teacher's certification and open the dojo.. :tongue:

Nice! Keep going strong.

I agree, people become more confident and happier when they get stronger. An adequate guidance is important too.

How is the challenge going? =D

Nice! Keep going strong.

I agree, people become more confident and happier when they get stronger. An adequate guidance is important too.

How is the challenge going? =D

The Challenge is going well !!!

10 kg already lost, and i keep my 2 hours martial art training on !!!

Plus one day out of to one hour of cardio training...

But i must tell is hard, but boy it is good to see my body change, adapt and rock it !!!

I am going soon to change all my clothing :P if it goes on like that !!

Today s training was interesting... i trained under the deep hot sun of spain at 1pm ...

Running was tough, i could feel my lungs burning,  but my muscles were on since the beginning...calisthenics were just amazingly hard, on the sandbecause my heart was challenged..but i could feel my body getting rid of toxins, stress (and lots of wáter :P).. So fresh water of the see became a benediction to recover.

I will not train outside every day like that, but it is an interesting experience ...

Well, that's training in the great outdoors for you. There's just something about it. I don't know if it's the psychological benefits or just training in the sun, but there's just something great about it.

Talk about testing your resistance and endurance! Training in the heat is something else. I can do much more exercise at 20°C (68°F) than at 40°C (104°F) for example. It is a valid tactic to increase the difficulty.

Just remember to put on some sunscreen whenever you take that option! You are already well aware about keeping yourself hydrated.

Some quote of Jack London i like and motivates me, when i am close to my saturation point...

Just to share..

“I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.â€

To do the best i can every day, one thing at a time..