• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedAsh

Red Ash Rises

Good luck! I love IF myself, but my body's adapted so well to it that there are days when I forget to eat. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. ^_^;; Keep us posted on how it goes!

That great feeling when your body works as the amazing machine it is. And now that your tattoo has healed there is nothing left to stop you. Not even sadistic sifus!

I'm quite like intermittent fasting so far. My energy feels fine, hunger has not really been an issue (I prefer green tea to breakfast), and it still feels like a comfortable amount of eating to get the required calories between noon and 8pm every day. Staying with my parents for a week, but my mother is being quite understanding and not trying to force feed me early, which is nice (I showed her an animal study suggesting IF is good for diabetes prevention, which runs in the family).

In other news, this week's challenge is quite a challenge indeed (especially since I'm jumping after each modified burpee) and I'll see if I can do all 500, but exercise in general is feeling comfortable. I need to not get complacent about stretching/minimal exercise on rest days, though.

Life goal... I'll keep you posted. Almost gathered all I need for reanalysis from the archives, which has been my biggest block so far.

How long have you been doing it? Do tell how it works for you in the following days.

I´ve tried to do IF every once in a while, but so far it has been quite difficult for me to keep up. The hunger man! The hunger!!

So far it's only been about 8 or 9 days on IF. I've had two days of not doing a full 16 hours (both because out with friends and ate late). So far so good, green tea is perfectly satisfying and I'm fine not eating between 8pm and noon (usually around 7pm actually). I think I may start properly calorie counting again for a while as I get used to different meal structure to make sure I'm still on the same amount of calories, but not a huge issue.

The challenge has been hard, I'm up to 350 out of 500 so far! 

You'll be surprised at the amount of dieting flexibility that intermittent fasting gives you. Eventually, you'll get to a point where you don't feel like you have to eat! Which is a strange place to be, having to remind yourself. But even so.

Hmm, I get food cravings for delicious things so it's unlikely I'll forget to eat, but yes, flexibility is good. It's been pretty good so far, I haven't had the lethargy or hunger pangs I wondered if I would get!

Exercise has been fine. Only got to 430 out of 500 sprawls for the last challenge, but still been doing leg exercises and kicks instead. Next week will be the last week that I have any plans on martial arts nights, so I'll be able to attend regularly after that, which will be pretty great! I've missed going twice a week, I keep getting antsy and wanting friends to spar with me.

Reanalysis of data almost done for my article (way overdue, but meh), and started catching up on the research again, so I give it another two or three weeks to be done with the thing. Won't have it accepted in time for October, but will just do it soon anyway.

Well, hey, you did better than I did on the sprawls. I only made it to a hundred before I hit a burnout place, and then my travels and having no spare time for myself.

And hey, you made progress on the article. Which is more than you had made before, yes?

Hehe, yes, progress on article. It'll get done soon! Meanwhile, my ex-supervisor from honours year and other old research is trying to get another article published of which I'm co-author, so may get a publication soon anyway, even if it's not my master's research. Crossed fingers for that.

So I somehow neglected to stretch my butt after doing a bunch of jumping lunges last work out, so I've been having fun times with stairs and sitting down today. Lesson learnt. Exercise day tomorrow again, so it should feel fine after that. That's all on track and feels like a fairly comfortable habit. I've been trying to learn hand stands so I've spent a lot of time upside down in the last few days.

IF has been fine (green tea is glorious), although I've been eating some white rice recently. Not egregiously, but will see about bringing it down, although it's been a staple all my life and I really enjoy it so it's going to be difficult to cut out entirely. Sugar has not been an issue though, surprisingly. Pretty easy to minimise sweet things, and same with bread.

Well, even then, some rice and bread and the like might not be bad. Just try to see if you can time it so that it happens after you've trained. You'll have all the signals in your body telling your insulin to store the sugars in the muscles to replenish glycogen reserves. I don't know if it'll work, necessarily, but the science makes sense on paper...

It's late, I need sleep, so quick evaluation and full one to follow:

1. Exercise: good; A.

2. Diet: Not bad, although white rice and some cheat days; B+

3. Wing chun practice: Definitely wasn't 3 times a week, but about 1 to 2 times a week minimum; B-.

4. Life goal: write up thesis as article manuscript: Blah. I did some work but very little progress so far; C.

Overall, kinda meh, but the first two felt pretty good. Can keep focussing on things during next challenge. The mini challenges were fun!

That's a theme, I've noticed. We tie so much of our fitness into our lives in this place that the life goal suffers as a result. It's a common thing. At least you didn't outright fail, which is the more common scenario. Good job, can't wait to see the full report.

That is true, wasn't a failure as such, and will keep it on as a life goal for the next one. 

Post-hoc non-specific points breakdown:

1. Exercise:

Str + 2, Dex + 1, Sta + 2

2. Diet:

Con + 2, 

3. Wing chun:

Dex + 1

Life goal: 

Wis + 0

Tattoo, because it's been on my mind a lot and seems to have affected me:

Sta + 1, Cha + 1.