Adventurers Assemble!

Ice breaker No.2 - What is the craziest thing you've ever done and why did you do it?

Hmm, probably the time when I was a freshman in college and decided it would be a good idea to road trip 2 1/2 hours with Roommates #1 & #2 so roommate #1 could hang out with her new boyfriend. We left at like 7pm and didn't get back until like 5 or 6am. I had to wake up to make it to work 2 1/2 hours later to do a shift that I knew was going to be understaffed.

Either that, or the time when some friends and I were driving back from Dragon*Con in Atlanta and we may have driven through a tornado warning. The radio told us about the warning, in Georgia so that was a major WTF? to begin with. We had no idea what county we were in, but being good Nebraskans, we decided that it didn't look like tornado weather and decided to keep driving.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

STR:2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 |

CON: 4 | WIS:7.5 | CHA:2.5 |

| Female | 5'3" | 180lbs | Southpaw |

Strive for progress, not perfection. - Unknown

Battle Log | Personal Blog | Current Challenge

But I'm goingthrough sugar withdrawls so you guys get to suffer. <.<  >.>

Question time! How else are we going to get to know each other? Add questions if you want, I just picked six random ones.

What is the #1 one song on your ipod/phone/music device?

If you could be a certain age forever, what age would that be?

What story does your family always tell about you?

What was the last thing you ate?

What color of shoes are you wearing/last wore?

What country are you from/living in?

Flapper Girl by the Lumineers. It's just one of those songs that I never get sick of

I would probably have to say 21. I'm not there yet, it just sounds like it'll be fun:)

My family always tells the story of how when I was four, I took off all my clothes and "took a shower" in the rain

A grilled chicken breast, and it was delicious!

Hot pink. They were flip flops.

I'm from Indiana in the US.

Cassidy

Wood Elf Scholar Adventurer (LVL 2)

STA:6  STR:3   WIS:8.5   CHA: 5.5   CON:3   DEX:2

My Current Challenge

Craziest thing I've ever done...

Oh man, I've lived a fairly tame life, in 2009 I took part in my first Beltane Fire Festival where we got painted up full body and I went topless and did tribal dancing with our group, but a bit of topless-ness is pretty common at the festival. Since then I've done more clothed roles but that was fun. My Dad came to watch the show, I didn't ask him but he was pissed off at me haha.

This is the festival, it is every April in Edinburgh. http://beltanefiresociety.wordpress.com/

Actully that site hardly has any pictures from the festival, not one I was involved with much I missed out this year because of my leg but ended up helping my main group which are the drummers, so here is an article with some for those who are interested. http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/01/gallery-beltane-fire-festival-2013-3708726/

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

I've been articles on the Beltane Fire Festival, it looks like a lot of fun. :) Doing anything for Lammas?

But I take my last crazy thing back, swarneke reminded me of my trip to Mexico for a friends wedding. She was already down there and
I was assisting in her wedding, there was no way I was letting a hurricane slow me down. So I flew into a hurricane.... but it got down graded to a tropical storm hours after I landed in Mexico.

Awesomes stories, everyone. Any other random questions, throw them out. :)

HOw's everyone doing in their challenges? I am stalking all of your threads but it's nice to see you guys make comments of how it's going here. I know most of us got off to a rough start but is everything comming around?

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

I had too look up Lammas, but it makes sense that it has many names, I know it as Lughnasadh. I think there are some people who are usual Beltane faces that are running their own separate event which is basically camping out with a big fire and a spit roast/vegan feast this weekend, sounds like fun so maybe next year I will go.

As far as challenge goes, so far I am doing OK. I just hope that I don't lose my momentum 2/3 of the way through like last time! Thanks for all the lovely messages on my topic guys, it's so nice to have such a supportive group! 

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Ice breaker No.2 - What is the craziest thing you've ever done and why did you do it?

I have to say,  have always been a "good quiet shy girl", I don't do crazy (and, to be honest, I don't know if this is good or bad). I think the craziest was a ear piercing, but a simple, small one that my hair pretty much hides. I did when I was 17 years old and doing a exchange program in Italy, after that my mom didn't talk to me for a week! There are no hurricanes in Brazil (or almost none) so I can't fly or drive into one! hahah

HOw's everyone doing in their challenges? I am stalking all of your threads but it's nice to see you guys make comments of how it's going here. I know most of us got off to a rough start but is everything comming around?

Well, things are doing good! I am trying to be more positive about things and trying not to loose focus. BBut it is only the first week, last see how it is going to be!

I'm kind of boring, so I haven't done a lot of crazy things. The closest I've gotten is probably "investigating" this path in my neighborhood when I was younger. We didn't even get to the end of it cuz we got too scared:)

Anyways though, today was pretty good for me. I did two full rounds of the BBW, which is better than I did on Tuesday, and I ate totally Paleo the last two days.

Cassidy

My Current Challenge

I'll start be answering my own question... Craziest thing I've done was probably get up and perform a burlesque routine, on stage, after only four classes... I was feeling particularly daring (insane!) that day.

As for this week, it's not going brilliantly... What with hurting my foot, I've barely done any exercise this week, which has lead me down the path of bad habits and food choices... Nothing major, but I definitely find it easier to stick to paleo when I'm exercising. Oh well, I'll attempt a BBW session shortly, which will be my third strength training session this week, so one goal met!

How is everyone else doing?

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Hi guys!

So, does any of you keep a food log/diary? How do you do it? I have been thinking about it for quite some time (and LadyWitch gave me some incentive to think more). I’ve tried writing, but I always forget and I want to try downloading an app for my cellphone (it’s Android). Does anyone have any suggestion? 

Hi guys!

So, does any of you keep a food log/diary? How do you do it? I have been thinking about it for quite some time (and LadyWitch gave me some incentive to think more). I’ve tried writing, but I always forget and I want to try downloading an app for my cellphone (it’s Android). Does anyone have any suggestion? 

I use MyFitnessPal it has a pretty good database and I like the scanner on the app. I've also used Sparkpeople in the past which I also like, but I'm not sure if they have an app.

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4  |  DEX 3  |  STA 5  |  CON 5  |  WIS 6.5  |  CHA 5.5

My First Challenge My Current Challenge

Sparkpeople does have an app, but it costs like $4 or so.

Overall, this week for me was kind of a wash. That cold knocked me out for a good chunk of the week. Unfortunately, next week is going to have to be a "not applicable" for grading because I'm going to be attending a week-long training thing for work. It's close enough that I'll be commuting to the location, but I know I won't have time for exercise while it's happening and all I know about the food is that it's cafeteria-style. I'll just have to do what I can with the food and get my butt back in gear after the training event is over.

I don't write it down, I probably should but I'm another one that constantly forgets to write it down and can never remember what I ate so I'm just starting with removing certain crap.

All in all, it's been good. The last 24 hours are making me question my sanity but I'm holding in there. :)

Another question:

What about you do you think classes you as a nerd/geek?

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

Another question:

I was seriously just about to ask that! :D

I've always been pretty nerdy. In elementary school when everyone else was dreading school, I looked forward to it everyday. I almost cried out of excitement when I made the science olympiad teamXD I'm also really into video games( I want to be a game developer when I get older), I love to read, I like math and science, and I watch a  lot of sci-fy and anime. Speaking of that, I really want to get into cosplay but I don't know where to start. Does anybody have any experience in that area?

Cassidy

My Current Challenge

Hmmm what makes me a nerd huh? Well I'm a medieval reenactor, Steampunk, gamer, archer, writer, and an avid fan of sci fi and fantasy books and films! If that lot doesn't make me a nerdy geek, I'm not sure what will!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

I use MyFitnessPal it has a pretty good database and I like the scanner on the app. I've also used Sparkpeople in the past which I also like, but I'm not sure if they have an app.

I started using my fitness pal yesterday, thank you for the tip!

Another question:

I wanted to show a photo to answer this one, but I don't know how to do.

Basically BOOKS. I truly love reading, all the time, all places. And sometimes it is really hard to make people understand it! I have always been a quiet shy girl, I like to go out and party, but giveme some books and I will forget there is a world outside.

When I was younger, I used to role play in the internet, in forums, but my coordination sucks, so I was never a good gamer or anything like this.

I was seriously just about to ask that! :D

Great minds think alike!

I don't know if I'm truly considered a nerd but I like so many different things, I find a click with a lot of different people. If you think for yourself, I enjoy debating life. But I love to read, watch movies (usually in the back ground because I can't sit still through a whole movie), 80s cartoons, halloween, collect coins and dolls. I would like to cosplay at least once but don't feel comfortable doing it now.

Another set, cause this is fun. :)

Favorite author:

Favorite anime:

Favorite sci-fi series:

Favorite TV Show:

Favorite color:

Favorie __________:

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Favorite author: Terry Goodkind

Favorite anime: Ghost in the Shell: The Stand Alone Complex

Favorite sci-fi series: Firefly

Favorite TV Show: Castle

Favorite color: Blue

Favorie _way to spend a rainy afternoon_: Baking new and interesting Paleo treats!

I'm paying for my tree climbing yesterday... my back is screaming at me and I can barely move this morning! I'm sure it'l ease up once I start moving about a bit, but I will bare the lesson in mind next time I feel the urge to climb trees (I'll still do it anyway, it just means I need to work on my 'functional fitness'!) and although my lunch wasn't particularly healthy, it was nice, and we didn't need to eat anything else all day (which is a big change for me, once upon a time I'd have had a big lunch like that, and still needed dinner due to an insulin crash).

How is everyone doing? First week nearly done!

Jeez, I guess I have read a bunch of fantasy, I used to be a real anime geek and went a convention but then kinda ended up not being friends with a bunch of people so I slowly watched less and less. Now I watch a lot of HBO shows, like Game of Thrones and enjoy board games.

Favorite author: Iain M Banks

Favorite anime: FLCL

Favorite sci-fi series: Firefly

Favorite TV Show: Deadwood

Favorite color: Red

Favorite thing I am growing this year: tomatoes

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Favorite author: Mercedes Lackey

Favorite anime: I don't really have one... I do enjoy Sailor Moon and Naruto, and several more but it's quite a list

Favorite sci-fi series: Dr. Who, I'm just being introduced, a friend of mine is mad for David Tennant

Favorite TV Show: Body of Proof

Favorite color: bright and happy colors

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Another question:

I'd say the Ringwraith costume I made that you can sort of see in my userpic puts me up there.

I think my two degrees in library science also counts.

And the fact that 95% of my books are in the sci-fi and fantasy genres.

The fact that I can easily do a marathon of the extended editions of Lord of the Rings

The fact that pretty much all of my movies are sci-fi or fantasy.

I religiously watched Smallville starting in mid-season 2. I had a night class one semester during college that was when the new episodes would air. I demanded that my parents dvr it for me so I could watch them when I was home on holidays.

Next Mini Quest

New to you excersies that complete the following

To successfully complete this challenge you’ll need to try

1. one exercise with one point of contact (eg: one foot, one hand),
  2. one with two (eg: two feet, two hands, one foot and one hand),
  3. one with three (eg: two feet and one hand, two hands and one foot),
  4. one with four (eg: two hands and two feet), and
  5. one “other†(0, 5….) (eg: no points of contact with the ground; head, hands, and feet on the ground)

This sounds interesting! Check out the post for full details. :)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Interesting mini quest! I'll give it a go, but I'm not entirely sure what I could do for no.5 but I'm sure I'll think of something!

My favorite genres of books are fantasy and sci fi. I've watched every episode and movie of Star Trek (except Enterprise, still working on that one) and TNG I've watch start to finish a couple times. I love board games, and run a board game meetup out of my house that meets every other week. My favorite board game is Game of Thrones the board game, which got me to read the books which I loved and finished just in time for the series to start up which I haven't missed an episode of. I have gone to Phoenix Comic-con every year for the last 3 years with my fiance. My living room has posters from Firefly, Dr. Who, Star Wars, the Avengers, Batman, Disney, Star Trek and a print from Comic-con of all the actors that were there the first year we went. I could probably go on for a while, but I'll stop. 

Favorite author: I don't think I have a favorite, maybe George RR Martin

Favorite anime: Cowboy Bebop 

Favorite sci-fi series: This is tough. I'll go with Star Trek

Favorite TV Show: Game of Thrones at the moment

Favorite color: Dark Red

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4  |  DEX 3  |  STA 5  |  CON 5  |  WIS 6.5  |  CHA 5.5

My First Challenge My Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines