• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

OwlLady

Beware OwlLady, the dragon slayer!

So, in my first challenge, I tried to fly. I gathered courage, I spread my wings, I jumped off the tree. And I went straight down to the forest ground. Ouch. Maybe I should've picked a shorter tree. But, you see, it wasn't that bad, I learned a lot from the fall.

And I saw it. That huge dragon whose wings are so big that the wind they make when they flap is so strong that nothing else can fly while it is in the air. My first powerful enemy: Fatlord Lazybreather!

I also realized, while on the forest's ground, that the dragon had chained everything under it's domain. It wouldn't allow anyone to break free from that sad situation. Silly dragon. At least it gave me an idea for my future: time to become a dragon slayer and free my forest! Guess which will be my first target?

My Quest: To get to 64kg (about 140lbs - 141,1, more specificaly)

That means losing 28kg (61,73lbs). I'll be though, but I'll make it! Ever since I was seven - which is pretty much ever since I can remember - I know that I've been struggling with my weight. That always made me be shy, ashamed of my own body. Besides, it's one of the reasons why I was never really good at sports.

Enough of it, I say! It is time to take these chains of fat that have been holding me back and throw them at the neverending fire of the Fire Mountains - and, while I'm there, I can wonder why they have such a name.

It's time to be free.

My goals:

- Snack only when truly hungry, not when bored or thirsty, and never less than one hour before a meal. (+2 CON, +3 WIS)

- Eat Paleo 4 days a week. The other 3 days are for those days when my mom makes her magically wonderful soup (with rice pasta) and when the college restaurant has no gluten-free meat options, in which case I'll have rice and beans. And for any eventful event that may pop-up, if unavoidable. (+5 CON)

- Work out for at least 15 min everyday. Any workout. Any time of the day. I'll just have to move, with no excuses. (+3 STA, +1 DEX, +1 STR)

My life goal: To write at least one page of the same story everyday. I want to someday become a publisher writer, therefore, I have to write down a whole good story. No half-assed whole story. No halfway-through good story. One. Whole. Good. Story. And I'll start that with no less than a page a day.

My motivation:

I've never been good with anything fitness-related, nor quite very healthy, but I want to change that. To do so, I believe the first dragon I have to slay is the fat. Well, say your prayers, Fatlord Lazybreather! You won't keep me from soaring into the night sky anymore!

---

And, unless you are Fatlor Lazybreather, I would like to thank you for your support, by either leaving a comment or simply reading this, and to give you a HUGE friendly bear hug!

Hi OwlLady!

Great to see you have made your goals so accountable, they will be really easy to track!

Have you got any ideas for what you are going to write about for your story yet? Sounds really interesting.

Big polar bear hug!

Hey, everyone!

Had a great day so far, and it's going to end up being even better!

I'm full of ideas to write, I'm about to go for a (pretty long) Dance Dance Revolution session with my sister-in-law, I just ate a banana at work because I was starving (yup, I survived the boredom!).

And I ate soup with rice pasta. Well, er... There are still plenty of days in the week, right? And my lunchbox for tomorrow is already filled with paleo friendly delicious food :)

GypsyHeart,

The story is about a girl who joins a group called "Defenders". It's an ancient guild of people who dedicate their lives to help other people on their destiny's quests. The Defenders are the ones responsible for those fortunate encounters during a journey, the wise elder who gives good advice and the really useful gossips about those evil-defeating-legendary-super-cool items. :D Remember to thank them next time "fate" makes something really good happen during your quest, hehe.

A friendly bear hug to everyone!

Good luck with your goals and your story. I have a lot of really great stories that start out well until about 70 pages in and then all of a sudden there is a three page wrap up and I am done. 

Stryder: Oh, I know that situation with stories. I hope this one doesn't end up like that and go to gather dust with the previous ones, hehe :)

WildColonialGrrl: Yay! You foud me! :D

And you can count on me! I'll kick it so hard that Fatlord Lazybreather will kiss the moon!

Thank you, everyone, and a friendly bear hug!

Wow I love the idea of the Defenders! I would totally want to join. I imagine them as elusive figures who turn up in different guises at opportune moments. A bit like in LOTR when Aragorn turns up as Strider and helps the hobbits even though they have no idea who he is. Except he turns out to be the king of men and everything so I guess not in fact like that at all :P

Where is the story set?

Big Yogi bear hug!

Hi, everyone!

So, end of week one, and here go the results:

Snack only when truly hungry: did pretty well on this one, though I ate some pieces of coconuts last night simply by the joy of eating them :)

Eat Paleo 4 days a week: Oh, well... Only one day. Though I kept a proportion of two paleo meals against one non-paleo meal everyday, I only went full paleo one day. Woops! Have to pay more attention on my meal planning!

Workout everyday: this one was fun :D I skipped yesterday, but it isn't that bad compared to my last challenge, hehe.

Write one page everyday: I'm a little bit behind this one because I haven't been able to write much at work, but I haven't given up the story, and I plan to catch up today :)

Oh, GypsyHeart, the story is placed about 700 years in the future, where automobiles and airplanes have been forbidden by international laws because of damage to the environment, and cities are kind of isolated and surrounded by nature :)

And last, but not least:

I checked my weight yesterday. Now I only have 26kg more to lose. Take that, Fatlord Lazybreather!  :pride:

Thank you, everyone, for your support. It is thanks to you that I'm gathering the power needed to defeat the evil dragon and free my beloved forest (and, while on that, finally learn to fly). It's really nice to me to know that I'm not alone in this battle.

A friendly bear hug!

Hey, you had a whole day paleo! That is awesome in itself... Blah blah journey blah miles starts with a single paleo day or something. I am happy if I get two or more to string together (and I don't count dark chocolate!).

You keep hitting that dragon hard in week 2!

Great work on the weight lose already! I know you can keep it up and I am totally rooting for you.

And so impressed with the number of workouts you managed.

What kind of meals are you doing when you eat Paleo? Any good recipe tips??

Hey, everyone!

I'm so sorry for disappearing like this! I went through a very, hm..., not-so-lovely time at work, and I was kind of really stressed, so I forgot to check in here. I am so sorry!

But now everything is ok again! And I found the happy-lucky-rainbow mood I thought I had lost forever! Yay! Oh, and I haven't forgot about the challenge either, nor about you guys. I signed up to tai chi and belly dance classes, and actually went to them, hehe. It was great!

So, on the challenge itself:

Woking out: half-to-half, I'd say. No less than 3 days a week now, but didn't hit the whole seven in the past two weeks. Oops!

Eating paleo: Funny thing about this: everyday, my proportion of paleo-nonpaleo food is at a 2-1 rate. Combining these two weeks, I've had only 3 full-paleo days. Happily, at least, no entire non-paleo day. It's a start, right? :D

Snack only when truly hungry: As I said, I went through a very stressing period, so I admit I ate tons of melons for no reason. I'm so sorry, melons, but thank you for making me happier :) From the middle of this week to today, however, the rule of snacking only when hungry came back. And paleo-only snacks never went out :D

Write a page a day: The part I love the most about this challenge! Hm, Two weeks ago, I was a few pages behind my goal, so I sat down and wrote 'til my hand started aching a bit, which got me a few pages ahead of where I had to be. Now I'm a bit late again, but nothing that a good afternoon of work can't solve :D I'll definitely take this more seriously from now on, however.

Hehe, that's it, I guess. Again, I'm really sorry for disappearing like that. I won't let it happen again, owl word! And thank you all very, very much for all of your support! It's thanks to you that I decided to come here and tell how I'm doing, and doing this just gave and extra strength to keep going. From now on, no shadow that may be cast upon my forest shall keep me from fighting with all I've got against Fatlord Lazybreather!

Thank you!

And a friendly bear hug to everyone!

Oh, and GypsyHeart, on paleo recipes, I don't really have one, hehe. It's just the basic: cooked/raw veggies (lots and lots of it) and some kind of cooked/roasted/grilled/somehowprepared meat of any kind :) And fruits, because they are so delicious! :D

A friendly bear hug to everyone!

Well done for keeping on track even though it has been a stressful time. WildColonial is right still half the challenge to go it all adds up in the end :)

Oooh snack attacks are so sneaky when you're stressed! Congratulations on keeping it healthy though. Belly dancing is crazy fun! How are you enjoying it so far?

Hey, everyone!

How were your weeks? Mine was pretty fine, I'd say. I mean, despite the cold that caught me, things were better than last week. Yay!

So, here it goes:

Working out: Two days for tai chi chuan, check. One day for belly dance, check. One day for being lazy and three for laying on the couch mentally cursing the cold, check. Oh, wait, that last item wasn't supposed to be on the check list... Well, but i happened. Still, three days to do something out of seven days is better than no days out of seven days, right? :D

Eating Paleo: Two whole paleo days, three 2-1 paleo-nonpaleo days, two "mommy-made-cake" days. On my defense I say it's a gluten and sugar free carrot cake. And it's delicious :)

Snack only when truly hungry: the thing with colds is that I never get truly hungry when they get me. The thing with cakes is that I don't have to be really hungry to enjoy them. So I'd say I did pretty well for the first half of the week, and I'd keep quiet about the last half because I wouldn't want to spoil the happiness of good news, hehe :)

Write a page a day: Okay, this one I admit: I slacked a lot. I thought of what to write for lots of time everyday, but I didn't really write down much. One page and a half in one week. Oops, I'll try o write two pages/day this week. :)

Extra Rainbow! : I'm quitting my job :D I can't put in words how happy that makes me. Now, thanks to my parents' support, I'll gett o stay at home until I get another one (in a month or two, no more than that), and I get to work as a freelance revisor for texts in portuguese, if I want to. Yay! This week is my last week working at my curent job. Oh, and want to know something even better? More free time means more time to do activities in which I'll have to move around - and, therefore, exercise! Hoorraay! :D

Thank you, everyone, for your support, it means a lot to me to know I can count on you on bad times, on good times and on whatever times. It makes me really happy to see you all here :D

A huge mega bear hug to everyone!

PS: Sorry if I misspeled some (or lots of) things here. I'm in another computer, so I don't have an english words corrector and the keyboard isn't cooperating much either. I wonder if it's on the dragon's side.

Sorry to hear about your cold, but great work on having a solid week anyway!

Interesting to hear about your job as well, and glad to hear you have been able to move on if that makes you happy! Quitting a job can be a big thing to do. Whta new job will you be doing?

And yeah I expect to hear all about the hard exercise you have been doing in your new found free time :)

Hi, everyone!

It seems I'm a day late, oops!

So, my first week out of work and last week out of challenge came with a cold that wouldn't allow me to bow my head without getting tears in my eyes. Happily, a few days of medicine later, here I am: breathing by the nose again! Yay! I even managed to go to tai chi yesterday!

On the results:

Snack only when truly hungry: (+2 Con / +1 WIS) - Ended up being better than expected, actually, though I guess I owe half of it to the fact that I had a cold (more than one, perhaps) for half of the challenge, and I don't feel like eating much when I'm sick. Well, some evils come for good, right? Still, it was good to find out I don't have to eat as often as I was used to :D

Eat Paleo 4 days a week: (+1 CON) - Er, well... Better than E or F, right? Despite keeping the 2-1 paleo-nonpaleo proportion most of the days, there were quite few days of truly full paleo eating. Oops! But, had I measured my eating by meals/snacks and not by days, I'm pretty confident that the results would be a bit better - not weeping or anything like that, just making a note to myself :) Well, that's another thing I learned!

Work out everyday for at least 15 min: C (+2 STA) - Not bad, I guess. I'm not blaming the cold here, since I know there were days when I could've put a little bit more of effort on getting off the couch, but I actually did something in quite a lot of days. I'm really happy about it, to tell the truth, because it went so much better than the last challenge :D Next time, I'll have to ace it, but that's for the next challenge.

Level up my life - Write a page a day of the same story: B - I'm a few pages behind - 5 or 6 -, but I wrote far more than I thought I would manage to, specially because I'm not used to write stories down in paper, I usually type them. I guess I never knew writing by hand could be so challenging and, at the same time, so fun. I simply loved it! And I'll keep on writing now that the challenge is over, doubtlessly.

Main Quest - Slay Fatlord Lazybreather and reach 64kg/lose 28kg: Proud to say another 2kg went away, making it 4kg gone during the challenge. Hah! Take that, Fatlord Lazybreather! A critical hit in your tail! No one messes with the owls of this forest! Now that's just 24kg more to go, and I have nature by my side now: spring is coming and bringing the rains back! That means no more breathing problems due to dry weather or colds :D The time for good battles has come!

And that's it. I'm really happy about my results, specially considering my huge non-success (but not failure, of course!) in my first challenge.

(Hm,  wonder what I can do next to attack Fatlord...)

Thank you, everyone, for your support, even in those times when I simply disappeared. Thank you a hundred, a thousand, a hundred thousand times! You are all great rebels, and I love reading what you do to overcome your challenges. You all are great inspirations to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

The hugest bearest hug to all of you!

Excellent work! ...And some great things you have learned about yourself and goal setting - full of WIN!

Looking forward to reading your next skirmish with the great Dragon! Go for the knees and you might find the missing scale?

Yeah good for you!

Well done with the weight loss :)

Can't wait to see you back for the next challenge and hear more about your progress. You are always a big insipration to me.

All the bear hugs!