No time like the present...

To start my journey. I'm a 36 year old Dad, Husband, Systems Engineer, and wannabe athlete. I was fairly athletic in HS, playing Football and Running Track. College came calling and I discovered Beer and many other unhealthy habits. After roller coastering between 200-270 lbs., currently 227 lbs., its time to make a life change. I purchased the Fitness guide yesterday and started on my journey immediately.

My biggest vices are soda, beer, and simple carbs. It's going to be tough but I will succeed and teach my children that there is a better way to live.

My goals are to get to 175lbs., run an 8 minute mile, complete a Sprint Distance Triathlon, and maybe an Ironman.

Looking forward to meeting my goals and many of you on this board.

My plan is to rid myself of the Soda, Snacks, and limit the alcohol intake. I do drink a lot of water and try to eat a piece of gum when tempted to eat. I do know that I am an emotional eater. Any sort of stress takes me to the kitchen.

Have you looked into a Paleo Diet or a Primal Lifestyle? You wouldn't have to eat gum when you felt hungry, because you would only feel hungry when you actually were hungry.

Time to climb.