District 12

Hi all, my pal (in real life) CentredLotus is new to NFRebellion and is looking to join a guild. She was hoping to sign up with District 12, since she knows both rubbish_tiger and me in real life, but I understand if you wanted an original number to cap it at. What do you all think?

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

Tributes piled into the training arena for their first day of training, some had not trained before, some had trained but were rusty, others were just trying to push harder. The Tributes of District 12 sized each other up, wondering which of them would last. 

Silently they went forward, taking in the new sights, sounds and sensations of starting something that was a little bit frightening, yet liberating. 

Welcome all, my haven't we bloomed since I left for my D&D session. Yeh, the new column thing is thanks to DreamPirate who messaged me and asked if it was kosher, and I decided that we could expand into another few spots!

CentredLotus will be our final member (If she wants to still join) Making us a group of 16 in total. With a group this big, I think I do want to try something social media friendly for updates and things, I am going to look more into that tonight. Suggestions?

Also, how did your first day go? Mine is going fine enough, I just have to cross off one last thing and that is my 15 minute bodyweight exercise. 

Today's been so awesome! I'm super proud of myself, my mom bought chocolate muffins (which are to die for) but I haven't touched them! Though I don't think I've eaten enough calories today :/

Need to write some today so I can get all my points for the day!

For the social media thing, I think a facebook group would be the best choice. My mother-in-law has one to update everyone she wants to know about her chemo how it's going. It pops up in the notifications and it's easy to post to it and such. I think that would be the easiest choice.

Also! I think I've added/posted to everyone's challenge log. If I haven't, let me know!

Jazzy

Fox Demon

Level 3

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Spread Sheet

Lvl: 1 |

No Soda PVP - 367/365 days Soda free Starting: 08/30/14 

100%
100%

Meep, my name didn't make it onto the list :(

(secretly added my name as number 17 >.> Totally forgot when I got home to add my name and I can't edit the file on my phone. Hope it's okay)

Jazzy

Fox Demon

Level 3

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Spread Sheet

Lvl: 1 |

No Soda PVP - 367/365 days Soda free Starting: 08/30/14 

100%
100%

We will get you on there. Amended to 17. 

Who we have heard from and will be on the roster as of tomorrow night:

spoonymog

Gopedjane

Earlsdottir

Sweet Pea

rubbish_tiger

TheHalfie

Krieghart

DreamPirate

Caliban

BeckinTheCLE

Blooms1405

Waiting on:

A better N8

Wagamagiga

CenteredLotus

LaQueen

Kai Ironsport

mavendances

Day one down without a hitch, and on to the second.  So far, I have dodged the Peace, Love and Little Donuts in the break room.  I also have a nice lift session planned for my lunch.  Nothing gets out the "Office Drone Blues" like lifting heavy things, grunting and sweating a bit.

Hey! I posted in the woot room about my second time lifting, and in it I called myself the Qeen of doing things once, then never again. Interesting! LEt's make it different this time. 

Awesome job!  It gets easier every time (well the invisible weight on you does...hopefully the physical weight never gets too easy!)

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!!!!!

Yay, I'm in! :)  Day 1 went ok.  I was dragging but forced myself to go to weight class anyway.  Felt good!  Although I did succumb to a leftover caramel/custard sundae. Yum!  May allow 2 treats this week since my 19th wedding anniversary is this weekend. :) But watching what I eat the rest of the week.  Cardio tonight!

Now to learn how to use Twitter.  :D

Accountabilibuddies: District 12

My challenge: Blooms - ready to bloom

Ha ha whoops...  I wondered where I was supposed to post... :redface-new:   I am hopeful to still make the roster, and am quite ashamed that I did not find this thread earlier.  I scored 100% of my goals the first day (W1D1 of 10k runner, below my caloric goal, started studying Japanese vocab)  So far day 2 is going swimmingly also (2 mile walk and good progress on the not eating overmuch thing) though I have my workout ahead of me tonight.  Sorry again for missing the opening of the thread, it would be my utmost pleasure to join in getting District 12 to the finish line.

N8 - The biggest Hobbit of them all, who is currently a Level 0 Wannabe Ranger

STR~0  DEX~0  STA~0  CON~0  WIS~0  CHA~0

Challenging myself and the world around me here

My Accountabilibuddies - District 12

On a walk to Mordor

"I am a once immoveable object on its way to becoming an unstoppable force"

-Me

Yay, I'm in! :)  Day 1 went ok.  I was dragging but forced myself to go to weight class anyway.  Felt good!  Although I did succumb to a leftover caramel/custard sundae. Yum!  May allow 2 treats this week since my 19th wedding anniversary is this weekend. :) But watching what I eat the rest of the week.  Cardio tonight!

Now to learn how to use Twitter.  :D

Congratulations on the Anniversary!  My wife and I had our 16th this year, so you are ahead of us.  I fear that I too will need to introduce myself to the wonders of the Twitterverse, I looked for #NFDistrict12 but could not find it...

N8 - The biggest Hobbit of them all, who is currently a Level 0 Wannabe Ranger

STR~0  DEX~0  STA~0  CON~0  WIS~0  CHA~0

Challenging myself and the world around me here

My Accountabilibuddies - District 12

On a walk to Mordor

"I am a once immoveable object on its way to becoming an unstoppable force"

-Me

I have thought about it, and we are going to go with a Facebook group AND Twitter, because in-case I am mistaken, you can actually tweet through Facebook now. So, if you are interested in being in the Facebook/Twitter group... PM me the following - Which it is you are using, your FB/Twitter user name. 

Any questions let me know. Keep up the good work guys. 

Hi team!

Sorry I did not post earlier, I'm still learning my way around NF. Congratulations to the person with the wedding anniversary coming up and the other with the high school graduation! I will be celebrating my 26th bday in the next few days and dammit I really wanted carrot cake! If I buy a slice at Whole Foods is it still not paleo/challenge friendly? Ugh... I just got to suck it up so that I may enjoy more birthdays with my family and friends! I'm #10 on the squad list, from Sunny Northern California. I am surrounded by gorgeous nature and need to make more of it to see more of it daily. Unfortunately I have the normal 9 to 5 desk job that sucks the life out of me too. Am donating blood tonight, I thought that might be a healthy way to start the challenge by letting my body regenerate new cells with clean eating and exersize. I'm really excited to be part of a team because I repeatedly fail doing things solo. I'm working on my college degree as well and that is one of my side quests to fulfill that succesfully. I am on Meetup a lot and have gone on outdoor activities with strangers in my area, my last being a 8+ mile hike to see wild flowers and a waterfall.

Here is my link: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/34724-laqueen-sized-to-fun-sized/ I'll attach it to my signature if someone could tell me how.

My 2nd Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37327-laqueen-reporting-for-duty/

My 1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34724-laqueen-sized-to-fun-sized/

"Welcome! We salute your courage and your sacrifice and we wish you Happy Hunger Games!"

P.S. I'm all for the Facebook page to stay linked. I don't use twitter but I believe you can posts your posts on Twitter and FB will imitate it. I also have a private group on Facebook of my friends and online peeps to keep me motivated. We share recipes, work outs and most conversations are NSFW. Lol

My 2nd Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37327-laqueen-reporting-for-duty/

My 1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34724-laqueen-sized-to-fun-sized/

"Welcome! We salute your courage and your sacrifice and we wish you Happy Hunger Games!"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NFDistrict12/

There  is the FB group, will work on the Twitter list when I get back from the vet. Thanks to those who have sent me your info so I know who is joining with what, I guess it won't let me invite the FB people through email like I had hoped, so you will have to follow the link and join the good ol' fashion way. 

Sounds like we've got quite the team here!  I'll be jumping on Twitter and figuring out (hopefully?) the Facebook integration -- it's not something I've used often before, but it'll be nice to keep up with folks.  I'm @earlsdottir on Twitter -- follow, I suppose, as you like.

Day 1 went well on this end.  Swam 1100m, biked 2 miles, and foam rolled.  I went for a run on Sunday, which I'm going to count toward the week on account of...I'm accustomed to counting Sunday as part of this "week" and have all my goal-tracking stuff set up that way.  

Today is a rest day, so I'm taking the time to watch Hunger Games and remind myself how awesome we're preparing to be.

Level 4 City Elf Scout

STR: 6 |  DEX: 5  |  STA: 9  |  CON: 8  |  WIS: 6  |  CHA: 6

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Here is my link: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/34724-laqueen-sized-to-fun-sized/ I'll attach it to my signature if someone could tell me how.

It's in profile settings and then signature and you can paste the link in there. If you are using the mobile version like I do then you have to switch to full version to get to your settings.

Sweet Pea

Level 4 Divergent

"ONE CHOICE CAN TRANSFORM YOU"

My Epic Quest: http://www.nerdfitness.com/character/25378

Hey! Excited to join District 12! (Thanks for helping me in TheHalfie!)

In my desperate effort to find some balance, my goals this challenge are to wake up early (5:30am? Woo.. time for bed already!), workout/yoga 3x a week, group meditation 1x week, and maintain a gluten and caffeine-free diet! My night owl tendencies are proving a challenge. Will you help me?  

Challenge goal: to find balance

~ yoga ~ meditation ~ time management ~

Because every day is "day one"

~ battle log ~

Hey! Excited to join District 12! (Thanks for helping me in TheHalfie!)

In my desperate effort to find some balance, my goals this challenge are to wake up early (5:30am? Woo.. time for bed already!), workout/yoga 3x a week, group meditation 1x week, and maintain a gluten and caffeine-free diet! My night owl tendencies are proving a challenge. Will you help me?

Damn straight! I've been gluten free going on 13 years now. Glad to offer advice, recipes, commiseration, what you will.

Level 4 City Elf Scout

STR: 6 |  DEX: 5  |  STA: 9  |  CON: 8  |  WIS: 6  |  CHA: 6

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines