• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

notapersonanymore

Tamzilla leaves familiar territory. (Challenge #2)

Main Quest: To be lean and strong.

Yes, the road I've been traveling for the last couple of months has been all too familiar. I've traveled it more times than I can count, only to high-tail it back to my den at the first sight of the road to the foothills, and all of the resistance and uncertainty it offered. Once more, I have approached this new territory. Also new to me is the lack of dread and trepidation in my heart as I gaze upon it.

On the path before me, I am sure to encounter three beasts that have long been a source of ill-ease for me, but I come equipped with all that the Masters have told me I will need to slay these three and shut their foul yaps forever.

I regard the giant beast of earth looming over the foothill path with confidence burning in my heart.

Goal 1 - Banish the Three Cs: No crackers, chips, or cookies (+2 DEX, + 1 CON, +1 WIS)

Not one little nibble = A

One slip-up = B

Two slip-ups = C

Three slip-ups = D

More than three slip-ups = F

Goal 2 - Arm myself with healthy alternatives: A minimum of one serving of fruit and one serving of vegetables a day. 

(+1 CON, +1 STA)

Missing no serving = A

Missing one to two servings = B

Missing three servings = C

Missing four servings = D

Missing more than four servings = F

Goal 3 - Continue to become the lithe fighting machine I dream of in my heart: Continue with Pilates 30 minutes, three times a week. Add in shadowboxing with my husband once per week. (Achilles is still on the mend, so I must continue to keep my workouts at a level that won't further injure it!) (+3 STR, +2 CHA)

Completing all workouts = A

Missing one to two workouts = B

Missing three workouts = C

Missing four workouts = D

Missing more than four workouts = F

Life Quest (+3 WIS, +1 CHA)

I've brought my journal with me. It's time to bring it out from the bottom of my pack. With the inspiration of the new sights and sounds I'm sure to encounter along my journey, I will finish the written work I began years ago.

Goal:

Finish that book! (I only have my final edits and proofreading to accomplish.)

Book finished and up on Amazon as an ebook = A

Book finished, but not yet up on Amazon = B

Anything less than the requirements for a B grade = F

Notes:

- Husband and daughter are joining me in this challenge! They won't be posting here, but it sure is awesome to have the teamwork at home!

- We don't hate fruits/veggies in this house, but we have really gotten out of the habit of eating them.

- We have a family outing that will take us away from routine for about three days. I'm not counting any workouts missed during that time as missed workouts. We'll be doing plenty of walking. All other goals still apply during that time though!

Having family along for the challenge is a great motivator. You have one less challenge to fight, which is great because you have some really good goals to work towards here and I want to see you succeed! Shadowboxing sounds really fun but how do you compete against someone else? Face each other and box or stand beside each other? Unless it's a video game?

Hello! We seem to have a similar quests on the food/nutrition side this challenge as well! Best of luck with your quest, have you decided for a group of accountability-buddies yet?

Banishing 3 C's oooh Might have to try that one next time! Great Quest objectives. Mine have similar intent. Cant wait to hear your progress!

Hello! We seem to have a similar quests on the food/nutrition side this challenge as well! Best of luck with your quest, have you decided for a group of accountability-buddies yet?

If you or Essillore need a group.. I just opened one maybe could band in together even if it means a name change. I was grasping for one. :)

WOOOHOOOOO!  Let's DO THIS!  Good to see you back Tamzilla.  So you're writing a book?  I've had a skeleton of chapter outlines written out, but I just have so little confidence that I just butcher anything I write until it's gone again.  I have little motivation to finish it, although it's something that I always think about. 

Having family along for the challenge is a great motivator. You have one less challenge to fight, which is great because you have some really good goals to work towards here and I want to see you succeed! Shadowboxing sounds really fun but how do you compete against someone else? Face each other and box or stand beside each other? Unless it's a video game?

We're really just going to be doing it as a workout. Shadowboxing is pretty much a non-competing kind of thing. It's more like part of training/working out in preparation for the real thing. (We're not going to train for competitions. We're just doing it because it interests us!)

I'm in "RPG Fanatics"! Glad to see you're back for this challenge! Will stop by your thread shortly! :)

Banishing 3 C's oooh Might have to try that one next time! Great Quest objectives. Mine have similar intent. Cant wait to hear your progress!

If you or Essillore need a group.. I just opened one maybe could band in together even if it means a name change. I was grasping for one. :)

Thanks, Doodle! Yeah, it was originally going to be just two C's, but I felt I needed to add in cookies!

I'm in "RPG Fanatics" now, but appreciate the offer! :D

(Sorry for the multiple reply posts. Just figured it would be less confusing this way with all the catching up I have to do!)

WOOOHOOOOO!  Let's DO THIS!  Good to see you back Tamzilla.  So you're writing a book?  I've had a skeleton of chapter outlines written out, but I just have so little confidence that I just butcher anything I write until it's gone again.  I have little motivation to finish it, although it's something that I always think about. 

:D Thank you!! It's good to be back, ready to rock this challenge!

I wrote a book! It's a short non-fiction. It has been sitting in the final editing stages for months now, so time to get it wrapped up already.

Ooooh. I'm also an editor and I love to read, so if you ever want to let me look at anything of yours, feel free to ask! I'm gentle! It can be very difficult to know when to stop editing your own work.

Wow! Those 3 Cs are tough ones!

Crush those cursed creatures!

May they dread the times they've tread so close to your domain!

Brave one, a great boon you'll find as you willfully abstain; No power over you shall these beasts hold again!

Wow! Those 3 Cs are tough ones! Crush those cursed creatures! May they dread the times they've tread so close to your domain! Brave one, a great boon you'll find as you willfully abstain; No power over you shall these beasts hold again!

:D

That's right, time to turn the tables!

Your challenge looks interesting, tamzilla! And it's great to have your family supporting you, as well. :)

I'm interested in your book, I like to write myself, too! Mostly in Finnish, though... Keep us informed, I'd love to read it one day!

And this is why procrastinating is DUMB:

I just completed a step in the editing process in which I went through all of my beta-readers and editors suggestions and finalized/ignored them. Took me 20 minutes! ;)

Well done! 8D Procrastination is pretty problematic at times, but there's usually a reason for it. Try to recognize that reason and eliminate it :D (If you feel like it's a problem with it, sometimes it's OK to just go to watch pug videos on Youtube instead of doing your homework...)

Totally agree that sometimes procrastinating is healthy! But I don't call it procrastinating then, I call it waiting for the right time! ;)

Pugs are so cute. Teros, you should post a pic or two. :D

For the book I still have to:

- Complete my own final edits

- Write the intro

- Proofread

- Let it sit for a while.

- Final proofread (put it on my Kindle so it's in a different format and my eyes are less likely to gloss over goof ups!)

- Format the book for Kindle

- Upload to Amazon!

:)

Well, Week 2 has been so busy IRL, but I've kept up with all of my goals! Almost missed my third Pilates workout, but I got it in today. Whew. :)

Didn't work on the book much, but that's okay. I'll keep plugging away whenever I can.

Hope everyone who's following this is doing well. I'm sorry I haven't had time to post as much. School starting back up has required a lot of routine changes!

As long as you let us know what's up; it's all good.  I'm SUPPOSED to get information from a school but they've been supreme slackers so I might be starting up soon as well. "You're on the list"  doesn't help much when a month goes by and there's no update for this fall =/  Keep it going!