• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

notapersonanymore

Tamzilla leaves familiar territory. (Challenge #2)

Ha! ;)

I got about 7 pages worth of editing in last night (book's only 42 pages in Word), and I'm plugging away again today!

I remembered that I'd have to check on getting permission to use some bits (Bible verses), and so I just shot off an email to clarify a policy they have. Glad the thought came to handle it now, or that could have seriously held me back!

Fa la la laaaaa...

Ha! ;)

I got about 7 pages worth of editing in last night (book's only 42 pages in Word), and I'm plugging away again today!

I remembered that I'd have to check on getting permission to use some bits (Bible verses), and so I just shot off an email to clarify a policy they have. Glad the thought came to handle it now, or that could have seriously held me back!

Fa la la laaaaa...

Sounds good, tamzilla! Especially that plugging away part... It's important to have a quiet environment while working :D Three weeks to go, let's keep it going :)

Uuupdate time!

All goals (except the book) are on target!

Last week's boxing workout with the husband person left my shoulders, muscles around my shoulder blades ache for THREE DAYS. But in a good way. :)

The book, I just keep plugging away when I can.

Great to hear.  I might make a boxing bag with a stack of tires and some 2x4s.  I just need to know what the rope/string people use to make those.

Great to hear.  I might make a boxing bag with a stack of tires and some 2x4s.  I just need to know what the rope/string people use to make those.

That sounds like fun! After some brief internet hunting, it seems chain is the best way to go! :)

Great to see all your goals are on target. Keep up the good work

Thank you! :D

Okay, so here goes!

As far as the book: No way it's getting up and published by the end of the challenge. For one, real life work and school schedules have left with me very little time to work on it, so I've just continued to plug away as I can. I won't get an "A" on it, for sure, but I know I'm not hemming and hawing over it, so I feel good about that!

As for everything else: a few missteps: missed a veggie serving one day last week and...argh...had some chips at a party last night. I won't lie. They were tasty. But I feel no desire to have more today. Funny thing too is that my daughter and I both agreed that the idea of eating certain types/brands of chips now kind of makes us both feel queasy. GOOD. Because they are actually junk!

Life has been so very busy that I pondered not signing up for the next challenge but just keeping my goals up with the family because I haven't been able to be active here. But then I realized that just having you all here... people that understand entirely, don't judge, and from whom I can clean small doses of encouragement and understanding helps, even when I can't make it here as often as I'd like.

One more week to go (after today, anyhow)! Time to finish strong and gear up for #3! :D

PS - Boxing has been going AWESOMELY, and I've made some progress on how much I can do for exercise. Squats are back in, as long as I'm slow and careful! Yaaay! :D

Had my kiddo snap a progress shot a few days ago. I was a bit stunned by the difference. Before the challenges:

bodyshot_zpsf942d452.jpg

Progress! (Almost 20 pounds)
(Picture came out a little weird, I like slightly squished and I had sunburnt cheeks, but I don't care lol)

20poundslater_zps3f24d2fe.jpg

Nice!  I can see a difference.  Even if you just do a weekly update- it's nice to see all the good vibes going on this site.  It's one of the few things that actuallymade me feel accountable.  *better work out so I can post about it later* mentality for me.

Thanks! I wasn't keen on the idea of posting that sort of thing here before, but then I thought, hey, maybe the progress shown will encourage someone else. The changes may not be drastic, but they're there! :)

I agree on the good vibes and the accountability. I'm definitely not going to be leaving NF anytime soon.

And we should definitely keep the same guild for the next challenge! Much more active this time.

Goal 1 - Banish the Three Cs: No crackers, chips, or cookies (+2 DEX, + 1 CON, +1 WIS)

Had one slip-up! I give myself a B!

Goal 2 - Arm myself with healthy alternatives: A minimum of one serving of fruit and one serving of vegetables a day.

(+1 CON, +1 STA)

There were days I didn't get a fruit in, or a veggie, but got two veggies in... which made me realize that I should have done two servings of fruits and veggies, without splitting them up! :) I give myself a B, as I did miss at least one serving right out.

Goal 3 - Continue to become the lithe fighting machine I dream of in my heart: Continue with Pilates 30 minutes, three times a week. Add in shadowboxing with my husband once per week. (Achilles is still on the mend, so I must continue to keep my workouts at a level that won't further injure it!) (+3 STR, +2 CHA)

Another B. Missed last workout with the husband!

Life Quest (+3 WIS, +1 CHA)

This one was frustrating for me, a little. Things got very busy with school and two jobs, and I didn't have as much time to work on the book as I thought I would. BUT, I did get the edits done. While I said anything else would be an F, I don't feel like I didn't make the goal due to procrastination... but sticking to my own word, an F it is!