Cheechoe vs. THE WORLD

Cheechoe

Good job! Running in that heat is like running on fire, as I understand it. It's worth doing, though.

Also, that's great that you're trying something new! Hopefully it'll spice up your training, and maybe even give you some new avenues to follow!

Thanks, Kishi! :)

Yeah, I'm hoping to at least get good ideas for my personal workouts. Unfortunately, my friend and I have to coordinate our schedules, s like I said it may not be for another week, but I will def update when I go!

END OF WEEK 1!!!

I am proud to announce that on Sunday, the last day of my battle with Matthew Patel, I actually got up and ran before work!! It has been a while since I did that! I remember posting to you guys that I was going to try to get in one last run and I didn't like that idea of posting that I hadn't done that so I got up early and got my &@^#*&@$^ out there! 

This goes to show how much I appreciate and look forward to all of your support and encouragement. I just didn't want to disappoint you guys, so thank you! :)

scott-pilgrim-vs-matthew-patel-400x250.p

BAM!! Matthew Patel DEFEATED!!!   ("Ooooo, coins!")

Overall, I am fairly pleased with this week, but I do think I could've done better. There were several days before work where I could've gone out like the last day, but I chose to sleep. I'd say I'd give myself a B for this week.

MONDAY: WEEK 2

Opponent: Lucas Lee

Battle: Skater style

Goal: 20 miles of skating

Time frame: ONE WEEK

tumblr_lk4ricmBla1qbdgk6o1_500.gif

ZOMG, I don't know what happened today, I had so much ENERGEEEEEEEEE!!

Workout 1:

Kickboxing.

Round work - squat kicks, punch combos, punch-kick combos, combat drills 

~65 minute workout

Workout 2:

70 minute bike ride. See? This is EXACTLY what I wanted to do the first week - get back into doing outdoor work. I know, I know, I know - I'm supposed to rollerblade.... I still intended to at this point - it was just such a  pretty day I wanted to just space out on a long ride. 

Workout 3:

Ok, I told myself I would rollerblade today during my bike ride so I got myself back out there in the early evening. I wanted to just go around my neighborhood a couple of miles to ease my knee back into the motion. I set up a MapMyRun account so I could keep track of my mileage. 

Today: 5 miles. Not too shabby. +1 Cheechoe, 0 Mr. Lee

Workout 4: (yes, I said workout 4)

My instructor is out of town at a belt testing so I taught the adult class this evening. All the patterns and some striking drills. Not the best workout for me because we had some new 1st degrees so there were times I had to stop and correct/explain things. Overall, it was a good combination of sweat and technique. 

~70 minute class

AHHHHHH today felt GREAT!! I hope I maintain this energy throughout the week. I'm thinking my "no grains" diet has boosted my energy level. Also, all this WATER I'm drinking! Speaking of which, I have another liter to drink before I go to bed.

Better get on that..

Wow! Sounds like you had a productive day! Lend me some of your energy!

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

Holy Crap Girl! Leave some "Awesometine" to us. You are hogging it all!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

The heat AND the moisture in the air makes me feel like I'm swimming.... Hey, wait!...I didn't sign up for a tri. :/

Humidity too?? Seriously... I hate running in high humidity. Hate it with a passion. I can't breathe in it. Horrible.

4 workouts in a day? And I used to think I'd done pretty well when I got 3 in... This is giving me ideas. :)

Always kick higher

Did you manage to snag a TARDIS or Time Turner?!  Seriously, how the hell did you manage to fit 4 workouts into a single day!?  Awesome (and like bigm said, I now feel like a lazy bugger)!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix is an Avatar

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Fuuuuuu. You make me feel lazy. Thanks :tongue:

::looks around innocently::

I haven't a clue what you are talking about.

DAYUM... and I felt bad ass doing 1000 kicks and 800 strikes *deflates*

Way to set the bar higher!

Thanks, Optimus! I'm sure you could do it too if you had a whole day off to do it like I did. :)

You make me feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Where can I get my hands on a heavy bag in this podunk town...

SevenFoot doing it wrong?? Never.

You can make heavy bags out of anything! Sand, sawdust, small children...

You just need to know how to sew. :)

Hardcore. Keep it up!

Dawww, thanks! :)

Holy Crap Girl! Leave some "Awesometine" to us. You are hogging it all!

What can I say? I'm greedy.

Wow, guys! You are all so awesome! I feel so loved! :)

In return, let me post some more awesome:

Tuesday:

Workout 1:

Gym workout -

5 rounds of:

25 weighted walking lunges (15#DB)

2 minute jump rope

25 ManMakers (15# DB) - OUCH!

25 assisted dips

25 Sit ups

Followed up with 30 min on stair climber. Wanted some low impact cardio and my precious rower was taken. (someone will pay)

Workout 2:

5.5 mile Rollerblade!   - laps around my neighborhood using MapMyRun app. Ahhhh.... technology.

I was hoping for farther, but it was sooo hot that I had to stop after 40 minutes. I still felt good, so I hopped on my bike and rode for 45 minutes. The breeze i get on my bike allows me to stay outside longer in the middle of the day. Gotta be safe!

Workout 3:

Taught 2 classes of TKD back to back. There were 25 students in the first class so I was exhausted! But I do love being the nazi boss. Again not much of a workout for me except when I was leading them through kicking drills. Other than that I mostly had to walk around and correct people's technique. THEY were all sweating, that's fo sho.

The second class was a better workout. I did a ton of reps of the lower black belt patterns with the 1st and 2nd degrees until I felt satisfied they had it down. Definately felt like I had a hard workout after that. On to my third shower of the day...

Chugged a ton of water! I can now get a 16oz Ozarka bottle down in sub 14 sec. It's all about the breathing.

Diet was good. I made sure I ate after every workout to recover. Only meat and veggies. Well, a lot of hummus and guac. NOMS!

WEDNESDAY:

I skipped the gym workout this morning because my body wanted SLEEP!. (I can't imagine why). I wanted to spice up my challenge a bit so I decided to land a blow on Lucas Lee that would get me some headway.

Key: Groupon

What: ICE SKATING!!!    (duhn Duhn DUHHHNNNNNN)

Where: Mall Rink

Duration: 2 hoursssss!!!!

Oh yes, my friends! I haven't been ice skating since I was ...um a pre-teen? maybe? Come on, I'm from Houston; sometime I forget what ice even looks like. When I saw a groupon for it I was instantly trying to figure out which friend(s) I was going to involuntarily torture along with me.

We ended up having a BLAST! We nerded out and calculated the speed/distance/times and figured with a very conservative numbers that we went way over 5 miles. But for the sake of the honor code of this challenge I am only going to give myself 5 miles. 5 miles in 2 hours is nothing. (I've run half marathons in less than half that time at a way lower speed) But we had to take into account our clowning around (going backwards, doing spinny-thingys,  tripping over little kids, Nancy Caragan impressions - you know, the essentials.

I actually have pretty bad blisters on the lateral side of both of my ankles from the skates. What's a challenge without battle scars??

After that we went to an awesome Persian restraunt in which I ate all the lamb shanks. drooooooool.

Drank enough water and stayed with my 'no grains' (skipped all the rice which was hard....saffron rice...mmmmmmmm.....)

THURSDAY:

Had to work all day so no workout. Slept in again, which I needed.

Crazy day at work, which lended poor eating habits. I barely had time to eat/drink so I pretty much did the fast-all-day-stuff-my-face-on-my-break thing. :/

Kept up my diet and water challenge.  CRASHED HARD when I got home.

TODAY:

Working again. No workout before work. I still felt so tired from the crazy shift yesterday so I was content to get extra time sleeping. So far I have had more coffee than food. Ughhh, I need to go eat. Brought turkey and veggies.

So far, I'm at 15.5 miles of skating. I have this Saturday off so I should have no problem reaching my 20 mile goal!

Come at me, Lucas Lee!!!

*cough*

I DID think of you, but I didn't think you would be able to. I thought about bringing the boys, but I wasn't sure how Dylan would tolerate falling over and not sure if Ollie would just fearlessly walk onto the ice in front of people.

But I DEF want to do it again! You can buy more than one Groupon! :)

Wow, your conditioning must be incredible, if you can keep up with all this stuff throughout the whole week. I know I'd be tired out after all that. But it sounds like your sleep is catching up in the right ways too, to match.

I don't know, I just have had energy lately. I'm hoping it keeps up! Thanks, Kishi! :)

Reread your 4 workouts. I'm now not only feeling lazy, but ravenously hungry. 

Good! Aren't you trying to eat more anyway? Get on that, Skinny!!

Humidity too?? Seriously... I hate running in high humidity. Hate it with a passion. I can't breathe in it. Horrible.

4 workouts in a day? And I used to think I'd done pretty well when I got 3 in... This is giving me ideas. :)

Tell me about it. I think my challenges have surprisingly complemented each other. I have been staying hydrated with the 4 liters, so being outside hasnt been too hazardous.  I also try to listen to my body. Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between pushing through and pushing too hard. I think I've been fairly conservative with being outside so far.

Please, take ideas! I'm sure you'll return the favor! :)

Did you manage to snag a TARDIS or Time Turner?!  Seriously, how the hell did you manage to fit 4 workouts into a single day!?  Awesome (and like bigm said, I now feel like a lazy bugger)!

My TARDIS is in the shop. But when it's fixed I'll go back and add that 4th workout.  

(wait.....what?)

Don't feel lazy! Feel INSPIRED!!!

HA!  Finally, a use for small children, I wondered why people kept them around :P

lvl 4 Astartes Monk STR 8.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 6.5 | DEX 7.75 | WIS 10 | CHA 7.25

"Burn the Calorie, Kill the Workout, Purge the Apathy"

Push Up Challenge: Yellow Belt (36)

I don´t know why but after reading Cheechoe´s routines I visualize her as Jam from Guilty Gear, getting to places via flying kicks.

HA!  Finally, a use for small children, I wondered why people kept them around :tongue:

Dialogue of the week right there XD.

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Great job with the diet, water, and exercise goals. Looks like you've been getting a good amount of sleep, too. Show that Lucas Lee who's boss 'round here!

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

I don´t know why but after reading Cheechoe´s routines I visualize her as Jam from Guilty Gear, getting to places via flying kicks.

Dialogue of the week right there XD.

I've never heard of Jam, but when I looked her up I take that as a remarkable compliment. Thanks! 

Hmmmmmmmmmm......getting Halloween ideas here....

Great job with the diet, water, and exercise goals. Looks like you've been getting a good amount of sleep, too. Show that Lucas Lee who's boss 'round here!

Thanks, Ike. Yes, sleep has been my friend lately. 

And good on YOU, Sir, for the no chocolate. I'm still shocked. I think your account has been hacked because SOMEONE posted he didn't even want chocolate anymore. You should find them and press charges. This is serious.

Super impressed with how you're still going, Cheechoe! :D

Thanks, littlewings! I have definitely been more motivated this time. My last challenge was so slap-dash 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines