• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheechoe

Cheechoe vs. THE WORLD

Sooooooooooo, today was pretty fun! :)

I got to sleep in a bit and went to my TKD school for a 2 hour workout with the higher ranks.

Much fun and sweat. 

I did all of the lower ranking patterns once and all of the black belt patterns thrice! Omigosh me legs were jello.

Followed up with a little breaking, then more kick drills. 

Here's what ensued for funnsies. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWYRckUrRs&feature=youtu.be

After that I knew I had to get my Rollerblading in because there were ominous clouds in the sky! Ugh! I hate it when the weather holds me back!

Well, heh heh - Lucas Lee hasnt heard the last from me. (could I be any cheesier?)

Strapped on mah skates, AND..

NINE MILES, BABY!

It was cooler outside so I felt great and just kept going. I really wanted to go to 10 miles but it started raining. firgginfrackinfrick!

It was still sunny on my way back and all of the sudden it started pouring. I was like

escalated.gif

I skated back the last mile in the rain. 

This puts me at 24.5 miles!!! BAM! Surpassed my 20 mile goal and I still have one day left! 

I am working all day tomorrow, so I more than likely wont be able to get any skating in anyway. 

I have to tell you guys, this has really been a fun challenge for me so far. I have had energy and I kind of feel like my old self again. 

I know it's still early in the challenge though! I sure hope this keeps up! 

Lots of water today. I chugged a whole liter nonstop after my water adventure. Mmmmmm.

Still no grains, but I'm getting a little liberal with the almond butter again, I need to watch my calories!

Welp, that's all I have to update for now.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! :)

Here's what ensued for funnsies. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWYRckUrRs&feature=youtu.be

I skated back the last mile in the rain. 

I have to tell you guys, this has really been a fun challenge for me so far. I have had energy and I kind of feel like my old self again. 

I know it's still early in the challenge though! I sure hope this keeps up! 

You're doing terrific, Cheech! Very happy for 'ya!

Nice jumping side kick! I noticed you didn't have your anti-gravity suit on.

How's it like skating in the rain? Do you have to change your stride? Slippery terrain?

Keep up the good work!

Nice break! And pretty much just an awesome day all around. It's always awesome when you get a goal done ahead of time. For true. But yeah, almond butter, that's definitely a temptation and a half right there. I can't even keep the stuff in my house, because I know I'll eat it. Good luck with that!

You're doing terrific, Cheech! Very happy for 'ya!

Nice jumping side kick! I noticed you didn't have your anti-gravity suit on.

How's it like skating in the rain? Do you have to change your stride? Slippery terrain?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! :peaceful:

That was my 2nd attempt. The first one I only broke the back 2 - this pissed me off.

:livid:

Skating in the rain was actually quite liberating.

At first I was all, "Oh, shit! I'm going to slip and tear my ACL again!"

Then I was all like, "I need to sprint to get home!"

Then I was all, "Ahhhh, this cool water feels good on my back!"

Of course that changed to, "This is like ice skating except without tripping over little kids."

It was fun while it lasted. :tongue:

Nice break! And pretty much just an awesome day all around. It's always awesome when you get a goal done ahead of time. For true. But yeah, almond butter, that's definitely a temptation and a half right there. I can't even keep the stuff in my house, because I know I'll eat it. Good luck with that!

Why thank you, kind sir!  :joyous:  Yes, I daresay it was a lovely day. And double yes, almond butter is my kryptonite. Is it wrong if I take it to bed with me? That's normal, right?

I really wish I could rollerblade properly it looks like so much fun - and übercool!

Good going Chee. :)

Jem, it's really not that hard! It takes a while to get over the wobbliness, but once you feel confortable, you can get really good really fast.

I don't do any fancy tricks, I just go. It's an awesome leg/endurance workout! And inexpensive once you buy the skates...... just sayin'.

You should definately try it!!!

Why thank you, kind sir!  :joyous:  Yes, I daresay it was a lovely day. And double yes, almond butter is my kryptonite. Is it wrong if I take it to bed with me? That's normal, right?

Sure! Of course it is! Given certain operative definitions of 'normal,' of course it works! :D

I've never heard of Jam, but when I looked her up I take that as a remarkable compliment. Thanks! 

Hmmmmmmmmmm......getting Halloween ideas here....

Hahaha! That would be great! =D

Nice video by the way. I knew there would be aereal kicks involved! I called it!

Totally okay. Almond butter needs a soft place to sleep too. 

<.<

Sure! Of course it is! Given certain operative definitions of 'normal,' of course it works! :D

Whew! I can cancel that therapist appt. 

Hahaha! That would be great! =D

Nice video by the way. I knew there would be aereal kicks involved! I called it!

I'm just not sure I can get my hair to do that loopy thing....

Thanks! You know me too well already!  :redface:

Another reason to turn them in to punching bags...

*licks pencil tip* Adding that to the list

Agreed on the vid, sharp kick.

Thanks, Optimus!  :D

Holy crap, CheeChoe... I feel even with my now-unemployment there's no way I could keep up with your energy level!  Phenomenal!

Hahaa! Oh yes you can! As long as you MAKE time for your resumes and other job-finding activities You can fit in several workouts a day! I'll be waiting to see those posts!  ;)

Totally okay. Almond butter needs a soft place to sleep too. 

<.<

When you say it like that, I'm not sure why I ever doubted. 

Whoops! Forgot to update for Sunday!

Sunday:

No workout because I had to work. I was called in for a different shift - 7am-7pm. Ughhhh, I am NOT a morning person. Therefore, I will NOT be calling this a "rest day". It was a non-workout day.

Still adhered to dietary restraints. Chugged me some agua.

Was wanting to go on a run after work, but then made dinner and sat down to watch HIMYM for the remainder of the night. lazy.

OVERALL WEEK 2:

My goal was to skate at least 20 miles which I surpassed on Saturday. 

lucas-lee.jpg

And that is the end of Lucas Lee.

Defeated.   (Ooooo, coins! )

(Pass)

OK Guys,   Week 3!!!!

This week I Battle Todd Ingram

tumblr_lkmellUsXL1qccyc5o1_500.gif

This evil ex has Vegan Edge and studied at the Vegan Academy. This is gonna be tough.

I defeat this evil ex with my diet this week. Going to do a "cleanse".....of sorts. Not a juice cleanse or one of those all fruits/veg diets. I need to keep my fats and protein because I refuse to give up my workouts. Lets call this a quasi-cleanse.

Ok Quasi-Cleanse rules:

Liquids liquids liquids!!!

I will get my nutrition through smoothies. Now, I don't want to have a ridiculous amount of sugar, so I will have veggie smoothies as well. I will try to post as many recipes as I can.

Most of my protein intake will be raw eggs/egg whites and peanut or almond butter.

Fats can be nut butters, eggs, unsweetened yogurt. 

Oh, and I can't neglect my greens.

Still no grains and 3-4 liters of water in accordance to my workout routines. 

Each day I need to have at least 3 smoothies for a meal. I have to be able to maintain my calories - I don't want an unhealthy quick weight loss thing going. 

That's about it. All liquid with as much packed nutrition as I can get. All 7 days. Please feel free to send me any recipes or suggestions. :)

Games' on!

MONDAY:

Breakfast : coffee

Snack: Smoothie - blueberry, mango, non-fat milk, whey protein powder, L-Glutamine

Lunch:Smoothie - blueberry,manngo, eggwhites, whey protein powder - more coffee

Snack: Organic veggie juice mixed with liquid greens, wheat grass shot - nommies

Dinner: Smoothie - banana, peanut butter, cocoa powder, choc whey protein powder, egg whites, almond milk - sooooo many calories, soooooo many nommies :)

Workout:

1: Kickboxing

Weighted gloves - punch and kick routines with core work. ~60 min

2: Bike ride - felt awesome outside! It has been raining off and on, so the air was actually cooler! (~90s instead of 100s)

~70 min

3: I felt like I had more energy so after my errands I went to my TKD Dojung and did some pattern drills. only about 45min but I worked up some sweat :)

After that I rushed to my sisters' house. My brother-in-law is out of town, so I took my nephew to his TKD class. He is so super cute doing kicks and punches in his little Do-Bok. Proudest Aunt Evar. I can't wait until he is old enough and knows enough to where we can do stuff together. :) :) :)

4: Back to TKD - taught the last black belt class and did the workout with them. Mostly Kick drills and higher ranking patterns. Awesome time.

(I LOVE my days off!) :D

I didn't feel at all (obviously) like I lacked energy today. It may be the HUGE dinner I had last night, but I feel I kept my caloric intake up enough to maintain my activities. I hope this will keep up throughout the week!

That's generally how it is. You're either under-rested or underfed; if you are neither one, then you should have some truly amazing amounts of energy on display. Which you certainly seem to.

I'd love to have a little nephew I was training. Someday. Someday...

Kudos on the smoothie-goal.  I don't think I could pull that off - I drink the few smoothies I've made too quickly, so I end up still starving afterwards.  Works fine, I guess if you're like me and supposed to get a few more calories, but as the only meal source I'd probably go mad.

Most of my protein intake will be raw eggs/egg whites and peanut or almond butter

Don't lie, you thought up this entire portion of the challenge simply so you could have jars of almond butter, isn't it? :P (I am so sad - my food processor died, so I can't make almond butter any more.  I had just made an amazing batch of cinnamon-almond butter, but my parents and I ate it all in the few days I was home last week. :(  )

Also, I'm half considering having a PVP challenge with you on most workouts per day.... but you'll kill me, and I don't want to do ALL THE BURPEES (because obviously that's the only appropriate thing to do when one loses a challenge, right?).  Keep it up!  Those smoothies sound tasty!

So exciting! I´ll keep a close eye on this. I´m very interested in seeing what kind of changes the liquid diet will elicit to your daily routines.

I've heard your smoothies are legendary...

HEARD!?!? You know this is true.

That's generally how it is. You're either under-rested or underfed; if you are neither one, then you should have some truly amazing amounts of energy on display. Which you certainly seem to.

I'd love to have a little nephew I was training. Someday. Someday...

Eh, the last 2 days I didn't get as much sleep. I need to get back on my night routine earlier!

One day you will be an AMAZING Uncle. There's not a doubt in my mind. :)

Kudos on the smoothie-goal.  I don't think I could pull that off - I drink the few smoothies I've made too quickly, so I end up still starving afterwards.  Works fine, I guess if you're like me and supposed to get a few more calories, but as the only meal source I'd probably go mad.

Don't lie, you thought up this entire portion of the challenge simply so you could have jars of almond butter, isn't it? :tongue: (I am so sad - my food processor died, so I can't make almond butter any more.  I had just made an amazing batch of cinnamon-almond butter, but my parents and I ate it all in the few days I was home last week. :(  )

Also, I'm half considering having a PVP challenge with you on most workouts per day.... but you'll kill me, and I don't want to do ALL THE BURPEES (because obviously that's the only appropriate thing to do when one loses a challenge, right?).  Keep it up!  Those smoothies sound tasty!

The secret to how I pull it off is that I make a HUGE blender FULL of amazing smoothie! This isn't some kids' size sippy cup. No, sir - I can guzzle a quart! NOOOOOMMMMMMMMMSSSSSS.

tumblr_lwbw4kOhSN1qbnnkuo1_500.gif

ARRRGGGHHHH, you know me too well already, RP!!! There is a fine line between actual smoothie and blended almond butter.....

GET THAT FOOD PROCESSOR FIXED SO YOU CAN MAIL ME SOME OF THAT AMAZING CINNAMIN-ALMOND BUTTER!!!!

Dude, while your on the job search you should sell that stuff on the side. I would totally buy that from you.

PVP?!?!?!?!? BRING IT!!

So exciting! I´ll keep a close eye on this. I´m very interested in seeing what kind of changes the liquid diet will elicit to your daily routines.

Thanks, Z! I'll try to post daily! :D

mmmm... smoothies, I like your plan for this week's evil ex... who was probably my favourite evil ex.

I maintain that smoothies are a food group. Fact.

TUESDAY:

Breakfast: coffee, coffee and...........mmmmmmmm more coffee   (of champions)

Lunch: Smoothie - Banana, blueberry, 2 raw eggs, whey protein powder, almond milk, L-glutamine powder

Snack: Veggie juice mixed with greens powder

Snack: Pre-mixed protein drink (chocolate) <-- trying not to have too many of these (due to fake sugars and other crap they put in to preserve), but I was away from home and needed protein and vitamins since I was about to go to my TKD class. Definitely better than fasting and added to my overall caloric intake.

Dinner: Smoothie - Blueberry, Rhubarb, egg whites, whey protein powder, almond milk, L-glutamine. Also had another glass of veggie juice and greens mix - added wheat grass and spirulina to get extra greens.  Pretty good, actually.

This is pretty much how it went down:

http-__makeagif-com_media_4-15-2013_ch78

Workouts:

Gym - 3 mile run, then

3 rounds of circuit routine I just made up  - 1 min on, 30 sec off of:

jump  rope

assisted dips

box jumps

battle ropes

squats

heavy bag work

plank

yoga ball sit ups

push-ups - modified

Aaaaaaaand dead. Yeah, had to go take a nap after that one. I didn't sleep very well last night - I had 3 very vivid, very weird dreams. Stupid Brain! Know when to turn off!    So I had the recovery smoothie for lunch then accidentally slept for 2.5 hours. whooooops.

Workout 2:

Went to TKD class. Didn't instruct this time, but still a good workout. Lots of kick drills. Lots of partnered shadow boxing drill thingies. Lots of stretching. I felt great (maybe it was the long nap??)

Drank lots of water and stayed within my caloric allotment. I think the lack of energy was more my horrible nights' sleep rather than the diet. Tomorrow will be a better gauge of that (assuming I sleep well tonight).

I'm off work again so hopefully the weather will permit me to do more outdoor activities. *fingers crossed*

accidentally slept for 2.5 hours

Ah, I know the feeling. Glad to see you're back into doing TKD regularly. How's the knee feeling?

I didn't sleep very well last night - I had 3 very vivid, very weird dreams. Stupid Brain! Know when to turn off!  

Oooh, hate when that happens. Technically I can have a full night of sleep (8+ hours) but if I dream too much during that time I feel no rest at all...