Cheechoe vs. THE WORLD

Cheechoe

Tuesday

No workout this morning. It was haaaaaaaard to get out of bed.

Work all day today. I actually did my 200 squats on my lunch break:

100 regular squats

100 curtsy squats.

broke them up by 50s

When I get home I'm determined to do my slow kicks. That is going to be hard before I go to bed.

Had to force myself to drink water today. My stomach is trying to get used to solid food again. It likes it, but feels HEAVY. Smoothies always made me full, but not heavy-full. Plus, I'm full really quickly. But man, I miss the savory flava!

I need to down another liter. I'll confirm my kicks tomorrow. I iz tired.

Tuesday

No workout this morning. It was haaaaaaaard to get out of bed.

Work all day today. I actually did my 200 squats on my lunch break:

100 regular squats

100 curtsy squats.

broke them up by 50s

When I get home I'm determined to do my slow kicks. That is going to be hard before I go to bed.

Had to force myself to drink water today. My stomach is trying to get used to solid food again. It likes it, but feels HEAVY. Smoothies always made me full, but not heavy-full. Plus, I'm full really quickly. But man, I miss the savory flava!

I need to down another liter. I'll confirm my kicks tomorrow. I iz tired.

Good job with getting the squats done during work! I may have to try that one day.

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

Last night I did my slow kicks, stretched, showered and went to bed. It felt good to stretch before bed. :)

WEDNESDAY:

Workout 1:

Gym -

1 mile run then,

10 rounds of:

30 sec jumping squat thrusts (burpees without the push up)

30 sec walking pushups

30 sec frog leaps, with football drills

30 sec rest

followed up with 4 rounds of:

50 deadlifts (15# DB)

50 curtsy squats

50 yoga ball sit-ups

50 yoga ball bridges (thanks Kishi)

Workout 2: 70 min bike ride

Workout 3:

Advanced TKD class. We worked on sine wave technique in patterns. White belts patterns through 3rd degree. Afterwards we did more sine wave drills in kicking and stances.

Lots of sweat.

Drank 3.5 liters so far. Will down another .5 in just a bit.

No carbs at all today.

I found some swordfish and decided to give that a try. It is DELISH!!! Recommended. I want to go to the store tomorrow and get the ingredient for Chrissa's Zombie Apocalypse Chili. Zuel and I can have a PVP on who can replicate it better. :)

Oh! I forgot to do my slow kicks after class tonight, so again I did them this evening before I ate. While drinking wine. 'Twas awesome. :)

...And I'm still willing to buy me some o dat homemade yummy-goodness.  (you know, just a tub or two....)

Well I did just buy 2 pounds of raw almonds.... :P

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Sine wave drills?

Yeah, in my style TKD we move very fluidly in a motion which resembles the Sine wave:

If your motion from movement to movement is more like a 2x sine wave, you are exerting too much energy and have compromised your balance. (I also call this the sawtooth motion)

If your motion resembles a 0.5 Sine wave, then your center of gravity is lower (which helps balance) but makes you stiff and harder to get you feet out from under you quickly. You also compromise the ability to create energy from the knee spring motion as well as the ability to use gravity to your advantage upon execution of your technique.

We basically practiced having the perfect median between each movement. Makes your quads burn.

Yeah, in my style TKD we move very fluidly in a motion which resembles the Sine wave:

If your motion from movement to movement is more like a 2x sine wave, you are exerting too much energy and have compromised your balance. (I also call this the sawtooth motion)

If your motion resembles a 0.5 Sine wave, then your center of gravity is lower (which helps balance) but makes you stiff and harder to get you feet out from under you quickly. You also compromise the ability to create energy from the knee spring motion as well as the ability to use gravity to your advantage upon execution of your technique.

We basically practiced having the perfect median between each movement. Makes your quads burn.

Huh. Is that where that bouncing comes from that I see TKD-ers doing in all the sparring vids?

Thursday:

Slept in. REALLY slept in. I guess my body needed it.

Workout 1:

Gym

3.1 mile run in 27 min! Not too bad for short legs. My knee and hip seems okay.

Followed up with 4 rounds of:

25 Deadlifts (15# DB)

25 Curtsy squats

25 AbMat situps

25 yoga ball bridges

Kind of a lighter day, but I had to get in Kneehab.

Workout 2:

TKD patterns (still working on sine wave)

4 sets of:

25 right leg slow kicks

25 left leg slow kicks

25 modified push-ups

Bag Work:

jab, cross, hook combos

double turning kicks

double side kicks

No TKD class tonight.

Movie and wine night with a friend instead. :)

Huh. Is that where that bouncing comes from that I see TKD-ers doing in all the sparring vids?

Yeah, kinda. The idea behind that is to add speed by already being in motion (going from 10 to 60 is way faster than going from 0 to 60)

And the stuff I said earlier. In a nutshell.

Looks like you had a 9 minute /mile pace. Fantastic!

Soooooooooooo...........

uh.....

A lot to catch up on.

Let's just say I am pretty miffed at myself this week. :moody: By far this is the lamest week. Especially the last 3 days. :(

Friday

Worked all day. Stayed up the night before eating the best Indian food ever and watching that movie with my friend, sooooo I didn't get up early to workout before work. I therefore resolved myself to get in my squats during my break and slow kicks at night. Yeah, None of that happened.

Also, since it was a Friday night I went after work to my friends house and had loads of wine - again. Hungover Sat morning.

tumblr_m01shgXIjm1qjtesgo1_500.gif

DIDN'T have enough water this day. Diet wasn't too bad; I didn't eat any carbs

FAIL!!!

Saturday:

Slept in (obviously). Drug myself to the gym and wanted to get some cardio in to "sweat out" the night before.

Gym Workout

Ran 2 miles on the treadmill

Rowed 5K on the rowing machine

I felt so weak, I skipped my squats and slow kicks, thinking I would get back to them later that evening. Yeah, didn't happen.

I ended up going to an awesome Greek restaurant with live music and belly dancing. HECKKYESS!! Aaaaaaaaaaand more wine. Come on, you know you would too. It was soooo awesome! I ate ALL the lamb. Still no carbs - skipped the rice and pita bread (although baklava is one of my fave desserts, but I DID pass!! )

Not enough water today. Soooo much salt :/

Did get a workout in, but not even what I was supposed to be focusing on this week. Now I'm TWO days behind.

tumblr_lri5kaBMco1ql9l8xo1_400.gif

Sunday:

Slept in (obviously)

Immediately drank a liter of water when I woke up. After 3 cups of coffee I was beginning to feel a bit better.

Drug myself to my TKD school. (I knew no one would be there on a Sunday and a quiet private workout appealed to me). I am. at this point VERY miffed at myself, so I intent on doing some serious make-up.

TKD workout:

Start with my 200 squats, then

4 rounds of:

25 slow kicks each leg

25 modified push-ups

Did all my patterns: Gups and black belt        (all this with the company of my friends Muse, blaring in the background)

Moved on to this weeks' challenge: Kicking.

2 rounds of:

50 Rt Leg Front Kicks

50 Lt Leg Front Kicks

50 Rt Leg Turning Kicks 

50 Lt Leg Turning Kicks

50 Rt Leg Side Kicks

50 Lt Leg Side Kicks

50 Rt Leg Back Kicks

50 Lt Leg Front Kicks

Total: 1000 Kicks

I found myself cursing a lot toward the end...

Finished with 200 more squats and

4 sets of 25 slow kicks (each leg)

(I had to make this up from yesterday) 

My legs are now Jell-O.

I STILL have one more set of 200 squats and slow kicks to make myself even. I WILL do this before bed tonight. I am determined. This week was NOT acceptable. Even though I made up the numbers, my challenge was to do Kneehab DAILY. I can't defeat an evil ex-habit by making it all up at once. It needs to be consistent.

Therefore, I have to call this week a FAIL.

Roxie Richter got the best of me :(

tumblr_lfcgut5MGo1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

I hope this isn't the end of my streak. I have had a good run in this challenge so far, and I really am beginning to feel like my old self again. (defeating NegaCheechoe was beginning to look realistic.)

I think it's something we have all gone through this challenge (JediJem, Kishi, LLW, Thrillo I know at least)  having a social life that may be getting in the way of being the baddest of asses. That fine line between doing something bad for your diet/health regimen, and living life to the fullest. We all need to let out some steam....as long as we come back.

Week 5 MUST get it's Ass Kicked.

It's great that you recognize your shortcomings. Now to completely crush Week 5...

Well, you're right. I mean, you are. It's funny how things can work, isn't it? You start off great on that week, and then it goes to pot in the latter half. And it's disheartening as hell. Something about it plays with the head, and even though you have all this success going into the bad place, the success ultimately looks so small.

This is a function of two things. One: you're still smarting from the mess of the last few days. That will fade in time; time heals nothing, but it's a great anesthetic. Two: you're ambitious. We all are. We all have an idea of what we want to accomplish, whether it be about function or aesthetics. And you have this desperate drive to accomplish and get closer to the goal, and the thing that takes you further away just feels awful.

Going into the fifth week, you've got three habits building and only one gone wrong. That's not a bad ratio as these things go. Remember, we'd call it a success if you only got one moving, and here you are with all the habits in play and trying to add six more. You're still in it. Nega-Cheech ain't got nothing on you.

It's great that you recognize your shortcomings. Now to completely crush Week 5...

I'm on it!

Well, you're right. I mean, you are. It's funny how things can work, isn't it? You start off great on that week, and then it goes to pot in the latter half. And it's disheartening as hell. Something about it plays with the head, and even though you have all this success going into the bad place, the success ultimately looks so small.

This is a function of two things. One: you're still smarting from the mess of the last few days. That will fade in time; time heals nothing, but it's a great anesthetic. Two: you're ambitious. We all are. We all have an idea of what we want to accomplish, whether it be about function or aesthetics. And you have this desperate drive to accomplish and get closer to the goal, and the thing that takes you further away just feels awful.

Going into the fifth week, you've got three habits building and only one gone wrong. That's not a bad ratio as these things go. Remember, we'd call it a success if you only got one moving, and here you are with all the habits in play and trying to add six more. You're still in it. Nega-Cheech ain't got nothing on you.

Thanks, Kish. It is disheartnening, buuuuut, it was only one bad weekend. And it could've been worse: I still stuck with the no carbs even though I ate/drank WAY too many calories. And I did get SOME workouts in. If I had to take 2 steps back, I'd better take several steps foward these next two weeks. :)

WEEK 5 

This week I take on two! Double Trouble!!

The Katayanagi Twins

tumblr_m85fe5fOss1rwb8l7o1_500.gif

In order to defeat this team, I need to double up my workouts. This means one workout on days I work (seeing as I haven't been working out at all on those days), and at least two workouts on days I am off.

I have pretty much been doing this in my challenge so far since I've had so much energy, but he key here is consistency. Consistency makes habits; habits make lifestyles. After the not-so-good end of last week, this should pump me back up to where I was in the beginning of this challenge.

BRING IT!!!

Monday:

Got up early. Awwwwww yeahz.

Gym Workout:

Started with 1K row - 4:50

200 squats                                     }      just because I'm still pissed at myself from the bad ending of last week

200 slow kicks

Kickboxing work

5 rounds of:

25 squat kicks (each side)

1 minute punch combo

25 knees & elbows (each side)

1 minute kick combo

25 Walking Lunges

1 mintue rest

Finished up with some jump rope and serious stretching. My legs were super heavy today from the squats and kicks I squeezed in yesterday.

Still, it felt good to workout before work.

Now I need to get my 4 liters of water in today!!

Wait, you're aiming for ONLY two workouts a week?  What, afraid you couldn't actually double your regular workouts?  EIGHT WORKOUTS A DAY.  GO.

:P

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Way to start the day! Awesome.

Thanks, Kish! :)

Wait, you're aiming for ONLY two workouts a week?  What, afraid you couldn't actually double your regular workouts?  EIGHT WORKOUTS A DAY.  GO.

:tongue:

Haha! Ok, now we are flirting with the line of when one workout starts and another begins. :)

You are going to have to put some definitions out first, then we'll talk. ;)

Even when "failing" your results for the 4th week were nothing less that incredibly amazing. Congrats on getting so many kicks done!

Week 5 seems really intense but I know you can do it! Roxie only got a lucky shot!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Even when "failing" your results for the 4th week were nothing less that incredibly amazing. Congrats on getting so many kicks done!

Week 5 seems really intense but I know you can do it! Roxie only got a lucky shot!

Awww, you are so sweet, Zuel. :) 

Thanks for the encouragment! I know you got my back ;)

TUESDAY:

GOT UP EARLY TO WORKOUT BEFORE WORK AGAIN!!!!! Wooo!

Yes, 12 hours shift again today. Got up, slashed splashed coffee in my face (I think some actually got in my mouth) and went to the gym.

3 mile run with intervals

(2 minutes med pace, 1 minute faster)

then,

Rowed 1k for time: 4:23

Just to make myself giggle, I did 25 squats as fast as I could before the row, then got off and immediately did another 25 as fast as I could.

BLARRRGGG! You shoulda seen it. wobbles.

finished up with some quick arm stuff..

3 sets of:

20 push press (20#DB)

20 bent rows (each arm - 20#DB)

20 bench press (20#DB)

Rushed to work and am now toward the end of an incredibly hectic day. (When Life Flight is approaching the landing pad right as I am entering into the parking garage, you know it's going to be a loooong 12 hours.)

Still trying to get more water. only 2 L so far.

Diet good - no carbs.

Aaaaaaand I was offered a bonus to come in tomorrow since we have been so crazy lately. Of course, I took the offer. Duh. Still, it's frustrating starting this DOUBLE WORKOUT week with nothing but 12 hour shifts. (Does 6 rounds of CPR count as a workout??)

Don't worry, I'll have time to get it in at the end of the week. :).

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines