Cheechoe vs. THE WORLD

Cheechoe

So you have landed 3 blows to the G-Man already. I´ll keep my fingers crossed for a critical hit!!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

HUMP DAY:

Got up early again before work to workout! High five, Self!

Ran 2.5 Miles on treadmill - some intervals

Then 3 rounds of:

25 weighted lunges (20# DB)

30 sec plank hold

20 bent row each arm (20#DB)

20 modified dips

I know it's not much and it's kinda boring, but it's better than sleeping in and gaining nothing (I tells meself).

I always feel better having sweated before work.

Work today - I TOTALLY GOT A WATER CHUGGING PR!!!

I've been timing (having people time) how fast I can down a 16oz bottle of Ozarka. For giggles and to help my water intake part of my challenge.

12.3 seconds, baby! wut??

Nursing School Stuff

Sooooo.....it turns out I Applied to UT at Arlington. BAM.

It's not the nursing school yet, but if I get in there all I have to do it one 8 week pre-req course then I can apply to the Online Accelerated Nursing Program for Fall of 2014.

I downloaded my unofficial transcripts from A&M and Lonestar so I can compare different colleges' pre-req transfer credits.

That was way harder than it sounds. I had to go on a friggin goose chase to get my old UIN and password info from A&M. I pretty much signed away my furture first born...

I also e-mailed UT Houston and A&M Corpus Christi for info on their online programs.

Win for the day I guess. I can really only do certain things during business hours so some of the e-mail correspondence is just playing the waiting game.

I'd hate for ya to leave H-Town but I know this is something you've been wanting to do for awhile. Good luck!

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

Isn't it nice when it turns out that you have things done that you hadn't planned on?

I NOUGH, RITE!?!?! :D

I'd hate for ya to leave H-Town but I know this is something you've been wanting to do for awhile. Good luck!

Woah woah woah........calm down.

I'm not moving just yet.

First, I have to get in.

Also, the reason I was so quick to jump at this application was because UT Arlington has an awesome online program.

I applied to the actual college and will do 1 or 2 pre-req fast pace courses online. From there, I apply to the nursing school and will hopefully continue to take course online. When it comes to the point where I need to attend clinicals, I can either get an academic partnership with Memorial Hermann Hospital System (where I currently work) and do my clincals here ORRRRRR I have to find some way to make it to Arlington twice a week. Which may require moving.

The later is more probable since Houston is so saturated with nursing schools I may not get the academic partnership. In fact, thats why I applied to Arlington in the first place: it's a smaller school in a smaller city. Houston is near impossible to get into anything healthcare. Especially since I've been out of school for longer than I care to admit. (I'm old).

Arlington is a nice town. Easy drive to go see the Rangers (which is always fun), or the abysmal Cowboys (which is never fun).

And worry not about being back in school. You'll probably find it easier this go around and you'll have anger issues with the young'ns who aren't studying or are slacking off. At least, that's what happened when I went back at my age. :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

THURSDAY:

Workout 1:

Gym Work

Run 3.1 miles on treadmil  (intervals)

Then 4 rounds of:

Squat kicks (front, roundhouse, side, back)

Weighted punches (jab, cross, hook, uppercut)

20 Box jumps

30 sec plank

20 modified dips

Workout 2:

75 min bike ride

Workout 3:

Ok, so remember that boxing coach who approached me about fighting?

Yeah I went to talk with him and get in a training session.

tumblr_lcivrhZJ9e1qdubemo1_500.gif

He kicked my butt. My arms were noodles. My sweat was plenty. My mind was blown.

He really wants me to train under him and be a fighter on his team. He said If I train with him 3-4 days a week he can get me in the ring fairly quickly. He offered to pay for my boxing license too. I kept trying to find a catch, but apparently the whole thing is sponsored and it is hard to find female fighters.

Sooooo....I agreed. I'm scheduled for 3 days of training next week. I'm sure it will be at least a month before he puts me in the ring. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Workout 4:

Advanced TKD class. Lots of step-sparring (choreographed sparring movements with a partner), then several rounds of 2 min of 1 on 1 sparring. More sweat.

Drank A LOT of water today to make up for all the activity. CHUG!

Nursing School Stuff:

Sent both of my officail transcripts to UT arlington. Received the confirmation E-mails. Now I'm playing the waiting game.

Arlington is a nice town. Easy drive to go see the Rangers (which is always fun), or the abysmal Cowboys (which is never fun).

And worry not about being back in school. You'll probably find it easier this go around and you'll have anger issues with the young'ns who aren't studying or are slacking off. At least, that's what happened when I went back at my age. :)

Ha! Those young whipper-snappers and their lack of work ethic! I can see me getting grouchy...

I do pretty well with online courses anyway; hopefully I won't have to be around them too much.

Too much awesomeness!! Cant´control it. DX

Nuclear-blast.jpg

Ok, I´m ok now. OK. Let´s keep going... Ok.

Ok, so remember that boxing coach who approached me about fighting?

Yeah I went to talk with him and get in a training session.

He kicked my butt. My arms were noodles. My sweat was plenty. My mind was blown.

Says Cheechoe, having run 3.1 miles,done 4 rounds of circuits and biked 75 mins before AND a pending advanced TKD class after...  :nonchalance:

Putting your modesty aside... I´m glad for you girl! This is so exciting! Did he run an assessment? It will be very interesting to know your views between TKD and boxing sparrings. Woot!!

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Wow, you scored big on the boxing opportunity. He's doing everything short of paying you to train, and honestly that's about the only way your situation could be better.

So. You'll be deadly with your arms as well as your feet.

What an amazing work capacity you have! It seems to serve you well. Awesome!

Too much awesomeness!! Cant´control it. DX

Nuclear-blast.jpg

Ok, I´m ok now. OK. Let´s keep going... Ok.

Says Cheechoe, having run 3.1 miles,done 4 rounds of circuits and biked 75 mins before AND a pending advanced TKD class after...  :nonchalance:

Putting your modesty aside... I´m glad for you girl! This is so exciting! Did he run an assessment? It will be very interesting to know your views between TKD and boxing sparrings. Woot!!

Thanks, Zuel :) He didn't really run an assessment. It was more like he worked me out for about 50 minutes and told me I was a ringer. He didn't mention TKD anything. I think he assumes/realizes I will keep them separate.

The boxing opportunity sounds so exciting!  Woot!

I know!!! I'm not even sure what to do with myself! :nevreness:

Wow, you scored big on the boxing opportunity. He's doing everything short of paying you to train, and honestly that's about the only way your situation could be better.

So. You'll be deadly with your arms as well as your feet.

What an amazing work capacity you have! It seems to serve you well. Awesome!

Thanks, Kish. I am definitely looking forward to getting better with my arms. I know I tense up too much. I need to relax and get faster. Can't wait! :)

FRIDAY:

A whole lotta nothing happened. I was content to take a rest day since I had 4 workouts on Thursday. I had to work from 7am to 7pm this shift, so there was no way on God's green earth that I was going to get up and workout BEFORE work.

I was so exhausted from the early shift that I didn't workout after work either. I just vegged and it was everything I thought it would be.

Drank enough water. No grains.

SATURDAY:

Workout 1:

Woke up early to go do my 1.5 hour TKD workout. Did all the patterns from white belt to 4th Dan. Ended with some kicking drills.

Went home and mowed the lawn. Does that count as a workout? Ehh, probably not; my lawn is not that substantial.

Workout 2:

MOAR TKD. Did lots of punch/kick drills/combos with a friend. To loud music. Twas awesome.

GOT ANOTHER DRINKING PR!!! 16oz Ozarka bottle in 12.1 sec, baby!!! (She did what??)

Anyway, I was excited about that.....buuuut then I saw this: (scroll to 2:35)

DA FAQ AM I SUPPOSED TO GO WITH THAT?? *Throws hands in the air*

I give up.

This goes to show you. There is always someone better than you.

Dude, he's from Cypress.  Just go ask for lessons. :playful:

Good idea! Gahh! The kid went off to college! I'll have to hunt him down.... 

The real question here, Cheech, is why you don't want it enough. If you wanted it like a champion, you'd get it done somehow. >XD

Aww, I hate it when you're right.

SUNDAY:

Slept in. A lot. No workout.

BBQ ribs sweet potato at mah sister's house. MUCH MUCH water. (Kinda spent the whole day getting over a hangover :/)

Diet: good. Water intake: Very Good. Nursing school stuff: unfortunately, you can't get too much correspondance done on the weekends, because no one is in the office.

OVERALL:

I'm pretty damn proud of how this challenge went. I had a ton of fun defeating my ex-habits. Now, realistically I know it take WAY more than a week to make or break any habit. I designed this challenge to give me a bit of a push to get back to my old lifestyle.

I would have to say I succeeded for the most part. :) 

Week 1: I defeated Matthew Patel by doing A LOT of workouts outside. I still have the weird tan lines to show for it.

Week 2: I defeated Lucas Lee by rollerblading all over Houston. 20 miles was my goal and I easliy surpassed it.

Week 3: This was a fun experiment for me. I exercised my self control and did my quasi-cleanse. Learned a lot. Todd Ingram was toast.

Week 4: Roxie (that bitch) got the best of me. I did most of my knee rehab, but a couple of days I slacked off. I failed myself on this one because I'm hard on myself and it just wasn't acceptable. She should have been an easy one.

Week 5: I was proud of this one too because I got my crap together after disappointing myself. I did more than my goal of 8 workouts per week even though I had to work a lot. I even made up for what I supossed to do for knee rehab against Roxie. The katayanagi Twins were easliy defeated.

Week 6: This one I was especially proud of. I half expected myself to e-mail for info, perhaps sign up to take the intrance exam, maybe study for that exam, and look up pre-reqs. I did ALL of these things AND I've already applied to one school. I'd have to say Giddeon was a surprise win. Next challenge will hopefully contain tasks pertaining to studying some online course. WOO! (<--nerd excited about studying)

As for my life quest: NEGACHEECHOE was defeated!!! I am definately more pumped about working out than I have been for the past year after my knee surgery. On the diet front, I have stayed away from grains and haven't even been tempted  by them; which is a big change for me too. (I have to say except for beer. Big exception to the beer. I was kind of bad about forgetting that this challenge.)

Even with Roxie (that bitch) getting the best of me, it still averages out to a low A.

Grade for this challenge: A-

Mmmmmm bbq ribs and sweet potato. 

Hangovers are the worst, lemme tell ya but eating BBQ and napping is probably the best way to get over them. 

You really did kick some ass this challenge. :D

Why, thank you! :tongue:

You didn't do so bad yourself, Mr. I-PR-20+-pounds-like-it-ain't-no-thang! ;)

You did fantastic, Cheech. Much praise to you. NEGACHEECHOE didn't stand a chance!

LEVEL 6: ZOMBIE WARRIOR

STR: 11 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 6 | WIS: 7 | CHA: 6

~ 1st Challenge: HERE!

~ 2nd Challenge: Check it out!

~ 3rd Challenge: Iket721's Warrior Challenge!

~ 4th Challenge: ket721's best-challenge-ever!

~ 5th Challenge: Back to the Basics!

~ 6th Challenge: Can't really think of a clever title challenge!

~ 7th Challenge: ike's consistently consistent challenge

I found a curb. I saw Negacheech had been stomped into it. Much wincing and "Oh Snap!"-age commenced.

Honestly, I don't know what impresses me more: that you rocked face so hard on this challenge, or that you found a way to theme it around Scott Pilgrim and it work. Frankly, you did a fantastic job. Very well-done.

Holy hell Cheechoe.  Awesome doesn't even begin to cover this challenge for you, even with that beotch giving you a slightly rough time.  I'm kinda jealous about that boxing training, too.  Like Kishi said, that guy is essentially doing everything but paying you to become even MORE awesome.  Your power level must be WELL over 9,000 at this point.

Way to go!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines