• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman in the Challenge Arena for Round 2, FIGHT!

I am loving roast sweet potato wedges with coconut oil! Roast butternut squash as well!

Tateman, you are the fucking man, well done on all your hard work for this week, really been enjoying reading your thread so far! I feel like we are totally in this together and I hope you do as well! Keep up the good work! Did you read the updated timeline on Whole9life? I really like the things they've added. 

Hey Tate,

Looks like you had a fairly good week aside from a rough start on your exercise.  I haven't bowled in so long. I used to be really good too. I give you props for getting out there and practicing and recording it for that matter.  One day I will get back into it. 

You're doing great as usual!  Have you tried roasted spaghetti squash.  I roast it then toss with some olive oil, sauteed garlic, oregano and any fresh sauteed veggies I have (zucchini are great).  It totally satisfies my pasta cravings.  And now I'm hungry.  

Doing great again Tateman.  This time it's me looking to you for recipes!!

I too am waiting til the end to step on the scales, my work trousers definitely felt looser today so I know I'm going in the right direction!

x

You're doing great as usual!  Have you tried roasted spaghetti squash.  I roast it then toss with some olive oil, sauteed garlic, oregano and any fresh sauteed veggies I have (zucchini are great).  It totally satisfies my pasta cravings.  And now I'm hungry.  

I haven't tried spaghetti squash, but I have done zucchini, it's sssoooo good :) 

Tateman, I wish I had your willpower, and ability to self-reason.  I will eventually, but I wish I had it now.  It is good to see you are making such positive strides in your life!

Don't underestimate the power of pictures.  Like you are recording your bowling, take a picture of yourself each week to track your progress.  I bet you'll be amazed at the change in the end, especially with your motivation!  :)

The first challenge I weighed in and took pictures each week.  This time I took pictures at the beginning of the challenge.  I didn't do it this week.  I was thinking maybe every two week, or I might just wait until I do my final weigh in at the end of the challenge.

Many years ago I got tired of always passing up on something because I felt awkward for being too fat or whatever.  I developed what I called the "F'it" attitude.  So a lot of times I feel that anxiety in a situation.  Then in my head I hear F'it.  Then I just do it.  I still don't get to be the super social butterfly out there all the time, but my little attitude saying helps out quite a bit sometimes. :)

I am loving roast sweet potato wedges with coconut oil! Roast butternut squash as well!

Tateman, you are the fucking man, well done on all your hard work for this week, really been enjoying reading your thread so far! I feel like we are totally in this together and I hope you do as well! Keep up the good work! Did you read the updated timeline on Whole9life? I really like the things they've added. 

I just got some coconut oil so I might have to try roasting with it.  Hmm, I picked up some butternut squash this weekend too.  I don't recall reading the whole9life updates, but I think I recall seeing some.  Maybe I saw a few.  I feel like we are right in this whole 30 journey together too :)  It's good to see and hear other people's experiences with it too.

Hey Tate,

Looks like you had a fairly good week aside from a rough start on your exercise.  I haven't bowled in so long. I used to be really good too. I give you props for getting out there and practicing and recording it for that matter.  One day I will get back into it. 

It's never too late to get back out there :)  That is one thing I like about bowling.  Just about everyone can do it.  To be good you have to have some skill though.  But just bowling for fun is anyone's sport

Go for slow but sure real weight loss and keep working out sensibly. 

Yup, that is the goal.  I'm looking for a good sensible way to be able to live the rest of my life and eat well.  The weight loss will happen

I had some spaghetti squash, but didn't roast it.  I bought another one, so this one I probably will roast.  I was thinking of doing a whole30 style spaghetti sauce, with it.

Doing great again Tateman.  This time it's me looking to you for recipes!!

I too am waiting til the end to step on the scales, my work trousers definitely felt looser today so I know I'm going in the right direction!

x

Thanks :)  I noticed last night when I got ready for bowling that it felt like my pants were a lot looser.  My normal shirt I wear my wife said it looks like a tent on my now.  ;)  Any recipes I try, I will post so we can all share :)

Thanks everyone for your support.  I really am glad to have it. :D

So I was thinking of making chili.  Would it be weird if I added sweet potatoes to the chili?  I was thinking it would make it more like a stew then.  I was going to pretty much follow this http://redandhoney.com/2013/02/life-after-whole-30-tips-for-continued-success-and-a-chili-recipe/

I don't jalapeños, so I was just going to skip that part.

So I was thinking of making chili. Would it be weird if I added sweet potatoes to the chili? I was thinking it would make it more like a stew then. I was going to pretty much follow this http://redandhoney.com/2013/02/life-after-whole-30-tips-for-continued-success-and-a-chili-recipe/

That sounds like the greatest chili ever :D look at you, getting all fancy and adding in extra veggies...

Trying to mix it up a little ;)  Plus for some reason I haven't liked the idea of putting chili over spinach or whatever other suggestions I have read.  I have always been just a chili straight up eater anyway.  Though it makes me crave some chili cheese fries, or a chili cheese dog.  I won't have those for a long while.

hmm, I could make some oven roasted sweet potatoes fries to use with chili too :)

Trying to mix it up a little ;) Plus for some reason I haven't liked the idea of putting chili over spinach or whatever other suggestions I have read. I have always been just a chili straight up eater anyway. Though it makes me crave some chili cheese fries, or a chili cheese dog. I won't have those for a long while.

hmm, I could make some oven roasted sweet potatoes fries to use with chili too :)

^this was my first thought, as a recovering chili fry addict...

I just got some coconut oil so I might have to try roasting with it.  Hmm, I picked up some butternut squash this weekend too.  I don't recall reading the whole9life updates, but I think I recall seeing some.  Maybe I saw a few.  I feel like we are right in this whole 30 journey together too :)  It's good to see and hear other people's experiences with it too.

I had some spaghetti squash, but didn't roast it.  I bought another one, so this one I probably will roast.  I was thinking of doing a whole30 style spaghetti sauce, with it.

So I was thinking of making chili.  Would it be weird if I added sweet potatoes to the chili?  I was thinking it would make it more like a stew then.  I was going to pretty much follow this http://redandhoney.com/2013/02/life-after-whole-30-tips-for-continued-success-and-a-chili-recipe/

I use to peel and slice butternut squash and shake it up with some oil and sea salt and roast it in the oven - I really enjoyed it and it helped get rid of chip cravings.

Spaghetti squash, chilli and stew are all awesome and a great way to cook up a lot and not have to think about what you are going to eat.  And you can freeze some for a later date if you get bored with it.

Trying to mix it up a little ;)  Plus for some reason I haven't liked the idea of putting chili over spinach or whatever other suggestions I have read.  I have always been just a chili straight up eater anyway.  Though it makes me crave some chili cheese fries, or a chili cheese dog.  I won't have those for a long while.

^this was my first thought, as a recovering chili fry addict...

OOH! Spicy and sweet??? Yes please! That is making me hungry!!!

Tateman, I just caught up on your first week, and DAMN! Way to get it!!!! Congrats on the looser pants and shirt. That must feel great :)

Thanks all.  Still a little slow on the total steps.  Felt like I needed to have yesterday "off" for some reason.  I think I am just in the area of the whole 30 where you want to nap ;)  So I moved my workout days one over this week.  So Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday workouts.  I have a plan for walking tomorrow, so I will see how well it goes.  If it works out like I hope it will, I will start repeating it during the week.

Tonight's dinner my wife made tacos.  I love me some tacos.  Too bad I couldn't eat them.  Even the meat with the taco seasoning.  So instead my wife browned up the ground beef, then split some off for me.  So I seasoned it a bit.  Then made sort of a taco salad.  Lettuce at the bottom, then bell peppers, then tomatoes (home grown :D ), then meat, and some pace salsa.  I had looked earlier and saw my the pace salsa I like has all good stuff in it for whole 30.  I was going to eat a apple with it too, but was pretty full.  So I put the apple back for tomorrow.

Been checking out different chili recipes, but I think I will end up going with my own.  A little bit taken from each maybe :)

Your thread makes me hungry! I've never heard of Whole 30... I guess it's time for a google search. Congratulations on your tent shirt! I love when you can no longer wear a piece of clothing because it's SO big that it looks bad.

Sounds like some great process! I tried a Tue/Thu/Sat schedule at the beginning of my last schedule, didn't quite pan out sadly...it's odd to do them on those days I guess. Good luck with it though, hopefully it'll work out for you!

Your thread makes me hungry! I've never heard of Whole 30... I guess it's time for a google search. Congratulations on your tent shirt! I love when you can no longer wear a piece of clothing because it's SO big that it looks bad.

http://whole9life.com/start/  is their website.  Yeah, i feel the same about clothes.  The only real problem I have is that I am so big, as I lose weight my gut hangs down.  So I can't saw just go get a 2x shirt.  They aren't long enough.  So I still look for big and tall style shirts.  Last challenge I had bought so 3xt polos.  I was thinking of trying to get a 2xt shirt to try. Either way, progress! :)

Sounds like some great process! I tried a Tue/Thu/Sat schedule at the beginning of my last schedule, didn't quite pan out sadly...it's odd to do them on those days I guess. Good luck with it though, hopefully it'll work out for you!

Yeah, I don't plan on keeping it that way.  It seems weird to me too.  Next week I will go back to the M/W/F setup.

Week 1 Summary:

1)  Do The Whole 30 plan.

I did really good here.  Day 1 was a false start since the precooked chicken I ate had some sneaky sugar in it.  So my official Day1 on the Whole30 was Tuesday.  I had no prepared meals, so food was taking a focus.  I avoided all the temptations brought in by the family.  No pizza, no fast food, no other meats that I saw had sugar.  This challenge not only has me giving up all processed and fast foods, but I am pretty much making every meal for myself too.  Looking up more and mroe recipes to start making that I can eat during the weeks coming.  Hopefully, a few things the family will enjoy as well.  So A for the week :)

2)  No snacking!

Great work here.  So far this has been going good for me.  I had some snacking cravings last night, but overcame them quick enough.  Just have to recognize that yes something would be nice, but I don't really need it.  It's just my brain saying "Oh it would be great to have some chips right now, or some popcorn".  Then the other part just tells me it's a craving and we aren't really hungry. ;)  So A here too.

3)  Exercise to be done 6 out of the 7 days.  (Workout 3x, 60k weekly steps)

Well, I started off Day1 strong.  Then got a blister ;)  Then since I was not working out the previous two weeks from the last challenge, I was extra sore.  It lasted almost the whole week.  I got in all 3 workouts, but failed to meet my 60000 steps.  I totaled 46,715.  Not bad, but not enough.  I am going to give myself a B for the week.  I feel like this week will be the one to see if I can actually get it done.  All I can do is try to do better each week, and hope I improve more and more. :)

4)  Be a better Bowler

Sunday I did indeed go try to practice 4 things.  I felt like I did good on things not related to bowling though.  I was expecting there to be not many people.  When I showed up, there was a lot.  Then I got put on one lane in between people.  I debated with myself.  Maybe I will just bowl and not record it.  It just made me feel awkward.  I got the the lane and figure the hell with it, I came to record my practice, and that is what I am doing.  I never really practice and not worried about score.  I was kind of embarrassed thinking what the people on the sides of me was thinking.  If they looked at me though they would be able to see I wasn't shooting at spares or anything.  My camera battery died part why through recording, so I had to use my galaxy S3 for the rest.  I supported it with my bowling bag, and it worked surprisingly well.  I might just do this for future weeks.  So I practiced.  Still need to review all the video.  So A for the Week here :)

Overall I felt pretty good about this week.  I did get on the scale on Wednesday and saw I lost a few pounds, but I decided i will follow the Whole30 books suggestion and not weight myself or do measurements till the end.  So I will probably wait till the end of the challenge.

Great week, Tateman! I'm very impressed by the whole30 goal. Kick ass! I was also appalled about your doctor's reply to your health inquiries. At my work, one of the doctors recommends MediFast. So freaking gross!! I can't believe people would choose to drink that instead of just making food or eating as much vegetables as you can handle and some protein. A couple of people I work with were doing MediFast and everytime they microwaved things the kitchen smelled like a chem lab. Gross, gross, gross. I hope your doc can be more supportive of your healthy habits and is able to offer more medical guidance than trying to sell you gross things.

Keep on kicking butt!

I disagree that everyone can bowl. The only way I manage to even hit anything, is with the side bars up and using the ramp, especially designed for five year olds.

I took pictures too. You should upload, much like my buddy Malidictus on here, at the end of your challenge, a before and after. Don't loose out on the visual changes!

Can't believe you're doing so well on your food changes - that's awesome. Quite jealous - not sure I'm brave enough to commit myself to it - up-most respect to you!

I disagree that everyone can bowl. The only way I manage to even hit anything, is with the side bars up and using the ramp, especially designed for five year olds.

I took pictures too. You should upload, much like my buddy Malidictus on here, at the end of your challenge, a before and after. Don't loose out on the visual changes!

Can't believe you're doing so well on your food changes - that's awesome. Quite jealous - not sure I'm brave enough to commit myself to it - up-most respect to you!

Well, it's still bowling :D  I just see it like two different sports.  There is fun bowling, and bowling with skill.  Profession bowlers are amazing with their skill.  I have also thought more on posting pictures.  I might just actually do it this time.   I took pictures each week last challenge.  I also too one at the start of this one.  I thought maybe if I spread them out, it might be easier to see the changes.  So I think I will just have the before, then after one at the end of the challenge.  I am actually surprised in myself that I have done so well.  Yesterday I had some cookie cravings, because people around here had some.  

Great week, Tateman! I'm very impressed by the whole30 goal. Kick ass! I was also appalled about your doctor's reply to your health inquiries. At my work, one of the doctors recommends MediFast. So freaking gross!! I can't believe people would choose to drink that instead of just making food or eating as much vegetables as you can handle and some protein. A couple of people I work with were doing MediFast and everytime they microwaved things the kitchen smelled like a chem lab. Gross, gross, gross. I hope your doc can be more supportive of your healthy habits and is able to offer more medical guidance than trying to sell you gross things.

Keep on kicking butt!

Thanks!  Funny thing about my doctor is that she called today since I refiled some medicine.  She left a voicemail and said I should probably come in for bloodwork to check everything since I have probably lost weight since I last saw her.  I think maybe I bombarded her with too much stuff when I asked all my questions before maybe.  Because I asked about when I should come in for bloodwork.  Either way, I think I will contact her and let her know what all I am doing.  I want to see if I can go do bloodwork after the challenge is over, or near the end.  Of course, she might want to see it now, then again after the challenge.

Just rockin' and rollin', Tateman.  I used to bowl in a team when I was a kid and won some awards.  Not like... participant trophies either.  Idk how pro- bowlers can just hook the ball that damn much.  It looks like they're going to rocket the ball into the gutter and then BAM strike.

when I was detoxing, I had a loooooot of plain meatloaf my friend. keep it going

I am actually surprised in myself that I have done so well.    

I think I can speak for most the those following your post when I say, We're not surprised at your progress.  You rocked your first challenge and stepped it up for challenge #2.  Keep up the momentum.