• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman in the Challenge Arena for Round 2, FIGHT!

Well done Tateman, you are doing so well. I am on Day 15 here but jeez, half way already! I am glad your energy is feeling better as well! Well done on doing your bodyweight stuff and good luck with implementing walking with your sons, good to keep them active as well!

Another kick ass week, tateman! I am so happy you posted a picture of your chili. The recipe itself made my mouth water. It looks super delicious. I agree with other comments that you are an incredible inspiration. The whole30 scares me and you're doing it. That is sooooo awesome! Keep up the awesome work :) 

3)  Exercise to be done 6 out of the 7 days.  (Workout 3x, 60k weekly steps)

Work outs yes, added walking is a no still.  So I have to give myself a C this week.  My son just started school (k12 online) and he has to do some activity for the day.  So I am going to make him go for a walk each day with me and his brother.  So at least I will start getting that in.  I really need to just get a pattern down for myself to follow.

Kudos to you for getting your son out there with you. My kids are a HUGE part of my motivation. Not just for me...but for them as well. 

You da man! Keep on rockin', brother. 

Wow you are doing so well!! Good idea to take your sons walking, that's a win for them as we'll as you :)

Congrats on getting halfway through the Whole30, stay strong!

Thanks :)  I am glad to be doing well on the Whole 30 so far.  I'm already starting to think about how I will be after the 30 days.  I might not really introduce much back in.  Maybe an occasional thing here or there.  I haope getting my older son out walking will help him to get moving more.

Way to show that Tateman power!  Great work, friend. Your progress inspires me.

Thank you!  I am trying to do my best ;)

Well done Tateman, you are doing so well. I am on Day 15 here but jeez, half way already! I am glad your energy is feeling better as well! Well done on doing your bodyweight stuff and good luck with implementing walking with your sons, good to keep them active as well!

Yup, I really want to get the whole family involved.  My wife had said we will all go out on a walk in the evenings, but that hasn't happened yet.  I'll probably get a walk in during the day with the kids, then maybe a second one at night if I can get everyone motivated.

Another kick ass week, tateman! I am so happy you posted a picture of your chili. The recipe itself made my mouth water. It looks super delicious. I agree with other comments that you are an incredible inspiration. The whole30 scares me and you're doing it. That is sooooo awesome! Keep up the awesome work :)

The Whole 30 really scared me too.  I am lucky I was able to just jump in and do it.  It seems like I am better off that way with things.  Quit cold turkey instead of easing off :)  I really thought I wouldn't be able to go very long with out bread, or cheese, or all the sugars I was eating before.  So far so good.

Kudos to you for getting your son out there with you. My kids are a HUGE part of my motivation. Not just for me...but for them as well. 

You da man! Keep on rockin', brother. 

That is my hope.  The 2 year old likes going out anyway.  I just stroller him, but I know he enjoys it a lot.  The 14 year old, not so much.  I want to break him into walking first.  Then I hope to get him started on some body weight workouts eventually.  He can hate it now, but he will thank me later haha.

Good job with week 2!

You should get a little plastic kiddie bowling set and set it up to practice with. :tongue:

My 2 year old has a plastic Mickey Mouse set I could use haha.

Great job on the whole 30!!! I remember when you were wondering if you could make yourself eat a vegetable every day :-P my, how time flies huh?

I know right?  I think it is funny just a challenge ago I barely would want to eat any vegetable.  Now I seem to have them all the time.

I am almost nervous about Whole 30 ending. I am going to do introduction days dotted through the last week and a bit of the challenge but eat Whole 30 the rest of the time. I don't really want to regime it the way I plan to but with this wedding party on the last day of the challenge and I may not have a choice of what I eat. I hope I can still eat cheese in the end and I don't feel like I am going to give birth to an alien!

I am really amazed about how you didn't eat vegetables and now you are eating loads of them, that is such a big deal! 

Yeah, I feel the same.  I think I am going to try to stick to it as close as possible, especially to the end of the challenge.  Maybe a slow start back with other foods.  Like cheese or beans.  Of course breads would be nice too so I can eat a sandwich.  We will see.  Maybe I should just go for a Whole60 haha.

'sandwich'  My friend, I think you forget about lettuce wraps.  That's how I eat my blts now.  Peel all the big leaves off a head of lettuce and have with a bit of mayo and loaded with tomatoes and a slice of bacon dead-center.  Someone I know that did the whole 30 said that when they had cheese again, it was super salty and not that good.  I did basically whole 30 except for the cheese.  Once you go back to a lot of foods; they aren't as good as you remember them.  I remember having some milk chocolate on easter...and I threw it out because it was gross.  What kind of overweight guy throws away CHOCOLATE?

Whole 60 doesn't sound like a bad idea, would probably be really beneficial to keep eating clean for longer, I am going to try keep it clean as possible after the challenge as well.

I think post whole 30. there would nothing wrong with wanting a sandwich now and again if your system can manage it! I like wrap bread a lot, hope I can still have those ever so often and very occasionally a bacon and egg roll.

'sandwich'  My friend, I think you forget about lettuce wraps.  That's how I eat my blts now.  Peel all the big leaves off a head of lettuce and have with a bit of mayo and loaded with tomatoes and a slice of bacon dead-center.  Someone I know that did the whole 30 said that when they had cheese again, it was super salty and not that good.  I did basically whole 30 except for the cheese.  Once you go back to a lot of foods; they aren't as good as you remember them.  I remember having some milk chocolate on easter...and I threw it out because it was gross.  What kind of overweight guy throws away CHOCOLATE?

Yeah this is true.  That's why I am thinking takign it out to 60 days vs 30 might be even better.  I just miss having my pastrami sandwich from Togo's place.  I have eaten burgers lettuce wrapped instead of the bun.

Whole 60 doesn't sound like a bad idea, would probably be really beneficial to keep eating clean for longer, I am going to try keep it clean as possible after the challenge as well.

I think post whole 30. there would nothing wrong with wanting a sandwich now and again if your system can manage it! I like wrap bread a lot, hope I can still have those ever so often and very occasionally a bacon and egg roll.

Yeah, I really want to keep things to a minimum eventually.  I can introduce things from time to time, but I want to see what effect if any it has on my system.  Sort of like the whole 30 people recommend.

Today I made some small lobster tails today for the first time.  Pretty good :)

I was thinking about you today. I made my tofu curry, and I just KNOW thats the dish you would love most on my menu last week! lolololol it was decent, but needed more seasoning in the curry.

I agree with the life goal and at least an A for effort or something. I did zero in my life goal this week, but still gave myself an A bc I had some big deal life things happen for the better! The point is to challenge yourself, not punish yourself if you bust your butt and dont get it perfect :) How's the bowling this week??

I was thinking about you today. I made my tofu curry, and I just KNOW thats the dish you would love most on my menu last week! lolololol it was decent, but needed more seasoning in the curry.

I agree with the life goal and at least an A for effort or something. I did zero in my life goal this week, but still gave myself an A bc I had some big deal life things happen for the better! The point is to challenge yourself, not punish yourself if you bust your butt and dont get it perfect :) How's the bowling this week??

Thanks, it does sound good :)

I bowled Monday in our PBA league.  Basically the league they put out the same shots the pros use.  These last two weeks we are on the Masters pattern.  First game wasn't great, but I came back and bowled really well for the next too.  Thursday I'll have my normal league.  I hope to do good there too.

Just got home from a big walk.  I think I'll have a blister too.  Part way on my walk I noticed it felt liek my shoe was getting loose.  I brushed it off and kept walking.  Eventually I checked it out and saw my shoelace had come undone, and hte shoe was loose.  Kind of thing the damage was done by then.  Tighten it up and finished my walk.  Got in over 4 miles this time :)

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/230862526/7542729

After last nights walk, I was sure to have a blister.  Saw one starting.  Woke up this morning, and there is no blister :)  Might have just caught it in time ;) 

Thanks.  I started off thinking I would just do a quick walk.  then as I was going down the street, I just kept thinking I could make it to the next light.  Eventually I went long enough and figured I'd head back.  It was really good, and I was pretty beat after it.  I slept decent, and dreamed about bowling and eating cake haha.  Must be all the cake talk recently.

Dream Cake = 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 guilt..... Sweet!  Great job on your "quick walk".  Some of the best advice I got about running/walking is that when you really don't want to get out and do it just tell yourself 10 minutes and then I'll go back.  More often then not once your out there and 10 minutes is over you keep going.  Keep on keepin' on!!

Love the walk!  That's the best way to do it really, just keep setting your sights a little further and keeping it going.  And I agree, dream cake is awesome... dream bowling is even more awesome, what was your score? ;)

Yeah AverageJoe, I think there was a study that said after 4 minutes of doing an activity you start to get 'into' it.  That method is how I convince myself to start my warhammer training.

Dream Cake = 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 guilt..... Sweet!  Great job on your "quick walk".  Some of the best advice I got about running/walking is that when you really don't want to get out and do it just tell yourself 10 minutes and then I'll go back.  More often then not once your out there and 10 minutes is over you keep going.  Keep on keepin' on!!

haha thanks.  Dream cake is good cake ;)  I think I need to have future walks were I do the same.

Love the walk!  That's the best way to do it really, just keep setting your sights a little further and keeping it going.  And I agree, dream cake is awesome... dream bowling is even more awesome, what was your score? ;)

Don't recall the score.  I remember I was with my ball driller trying some new bowling balls.  Then I'd eat some cake, then go back to bowl for a bit.  It's the first time I can remember really dreaming about eating cake.

Yeah AverageJoe, I think there was a study that said after 4 minutes of doing an activity you start to get 'into' it.  That method is how I convince myself to start my warhammer training.

I feel like this a lot.  When I usually go to start a workout or something that I don't really feel like doing, it's not long until my body just get's into it.

Some of the best advice I got about running/walking is that when you really don't want to get out and do it just tell yourself 10 minutes and then I'll go back.  More often then not once your out there and 10 minutes is over you keep going.  Keep on keepin' on!!

I do the same thing - lace up my shoes and start and the workout will take care of itself.

Was it your nephews birthday this weekend? Hope it all went OK xxxx

It was, but we didn't go up there for it.  They were going to come down to our house, or we are to go up there this weekend.  My wife wanted to make him a cake, so if they come here I'll have cake hanging around all week to ignore ;)

I hope you had a great weekend! 

Here we go week 4!

it was pretty good.  Looking to have a good week 4 :)