• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe Outruns his fork

I am so pumped about this challenge.  I'm really hopeful for a strong finish.  So far the diet goal is going great 14/21 paleo meals for the week.  Last night I did my last workout, before the BIG 10K attempt this weekend.  A 2 mile run.  I timed it to see how close I am to achieving my speed goal (8:30 minute mile).  Mile #1 = 8:30!!! Mile #2 = 9:30.  So needless to say I'm very pleased.  I saved the best news for last.  I had to retire a pair of pants this morning because they were TOO BIG!!! WOOT!!

Challenge #2: DONE!!

So this challenge went by head spinning fast!! (at least for me) First and foremost major thanks to everyone who visited my thread and encouraged me.  Not to be too cheesy but I couldn't have done it without y'all.  Knowing that I HAD to post an update, even of my set backs, kept me pushing for bigger and better results.  Speaking of results here they are...

Goal #1: Diet! Diet! Diet!  By week 6 I will be on a 100% paleo diet, specifically each of my 21 meals for the week will be paleo.

The Plan:  Week 1: 6 paleo meals, each week +3 paleo meals with week 6 = 21

The Result: ALL 6 weeks AT or ABOVE my goal!!! I'm super excited about this.  The main purpose of this was to find out what level of paleo I can stay at and not self implode.  I surprised myself that I actually think I can handle a predominantly Paleo diet (18+ meals /week).  Bonus: I found some culinarily satisfying recipes!!

Reward: 6 successful weeks = Con +5, 

Goal #2: Outrun the fork: Distance! Distance! Distance!  By week 6 be able to run 10K without stopping/walking

The Plan: I found a 10K 8 week training plan. so I'm starting on week 3 

The Results: Injury be Damned!! I DID IT!!!  Yesterday I ran 10k in 1hr 9 min, (that's just over an 11min/mile pace) MUCH Faster than I ever expected.  My bum hip killed the rest of the day/night but I'm still feeling great about 10K!!!  

Reward: 10K = +5 Sta

Goal #3: Outrun the fork: Speed! Speed! Speed! By week 6 be able to run one sub 9 minute mile

The Plan: Take the cross training days from Goal #2 plan and work on leg strength exercises and sprints.

The Results:  So due to my bum hip I couldn't do any speed work this challenge and was really worried about this goal.  But as I posted at the end of last week I made it!! 1 mile in 8:30 exactly!! Also since I continued running for another mile, I'm giving extra credit and counting it as a sub 8:30

Reward: Sub 8:30 minute = Str: +2 Dex: +3

Bonus Stats: Start of Challenge #2 weight 240 lbs and a size 42 waist pants.    End of Challenge #2: (drum roll please)  221 lbs!!! and a very loose size 40 waist!!!

This ended so well I have no idea how to top it for Challenge #3.  First though, rest and let my leg heal.  Thanks again for all the support, see Y'all next challenge!!

Holy cow that is so awesome.  Nice job! 

Challenge #2: DONE!!

So this challenge went by head spinning fast!! (at least for me) First and foremost major thanks to everyone who visited my thread and encouraged me.  Not to be too cheesy but I couldn't have done it without y'all.  Knowing that I HAD to post an update, even of my set backs, kept me pushing for bigger and better results.  Speaking of results here they are...

100% feel the same.  I wouldn't do so well if I didn't have all the people here helping me along :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with for next challenge.  Time for some rest!

Holy cow that is so awesome.  Nice job! 

100% feel the same.  I wouldn't do so well if I didn't have all the people here helping me along :)

Can't wait to see what you come up with for next challenge.  Time for some rest!

I've tried working out and dieting all before but it never stuck.  Now that I have this awesome N.S.S (Nerd Support System) I really feel like I can keep it up.  See you next challenge.

Woah you demolished this challenge, that is amazing! Well done on your As and your weight loss! 

Thanks.  I owe a lot of it to all of you checking up on me and keeping me accountable.  Here's to an even better Challenge #3!!

Well done, dude!!!

You have smashed this challenge! i'm so glad you've seen other (more physical) results too!!

Can't wait to see what you do next challenge :)

Wow!  You have accomplished some pretty amazing stuff!  I am super-impressed and inspired!  Seriously :)  You totally rocked this challenge!

Thanks, it felt great!! I'm really hoping I can ride this momentum into the next challenge.