Had an awesome weekend and managed to do the things I thought would get away from me. Sunshine has an amazing effect on me!

Spent a bit of time on my bike, so now I have to catch up with the mundane things like dishes and cleaning. Especially since I am going away for the weekend and want to leave the house in a reasonable state to come home to.

On top of all my goals and logging the sugar and gluten particularly has made me much more aware of how it makes me feel. I am hoping this will be that final step to a sustainable, healthy diet. I feel a bit queasy even telling people about what I ate at the kiddie party on Sunday. I hope I can begin to keep that awareness close when I am next confronted with free for all sugary, glutinous goodies!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Just go for it Nerdlina, nobody's judging here!

Yay for everyone's progress so far :D

Thanks, I just posted my goal. It was a slightly frightening process. It made things more real the fact that it's out there for everyone to see.

level 0 Fire elemental

Pretty stoked with last nights PT session. Ate well all week and planned food with extra good carbs for lifting. Managed to break my PR with 105kg dead lift! Couldn't get 110 up cleanly but I don't think it will be long. In Canberra for the weekend about to try to make some good food choices for dinner and do a big bike ride tomorrow. It is going to hurt, am so sore with shark week and DOMS from the big lifts.

Hope you all finish your week strongly!

Current Challenge

Halfway through the challenge! How is everyone doing?

I feel awesome, but I have been slacking a little on some goals.... Need to shape up next week!

Feeling pretty good, last week was about a 5 on a scale from 1-10, not great but loads better then what I was doing before. I did have a question how long does it take you guys to recover from a body weight work out, and do yur muscles every hutr when you touch thenm during this time? 

level 0 Fire elemental

I'm not doing the beginner workout since I'm doing climbing and circus stuff. But let me tell you that the aerial work I did on Saturday seriously kicked my ass! I was still sore yesterday, but I went climbing anyway. And now I'm even more sore haha. And yes the muscles are a little bit tender to the touch, but mostly it aches when trying to use them.

If you're not used to a specific exercise you will get sore the first couple of times and it might take a few days for the DOMS to go away. Just keep doing it and it will hurt less and less. :)   

If you're not used to a specific exercise you will get sore the first couple of times and it might take a few days for the DOMS to go away. Just keep doing it and it will hurt less and less. :)   

Yep i second this!! tends to happen with any new exercise program

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

[sTR] 12 [DEX] 7 [sTA] 10 [CON] 5 [WIS] 8 [CHA] 4

Battle Log | FitocracyCurrent ChallengePrevious Challenges: #1 #2 #3

Sometimes one gets to like that dull ache of pain and the struggle to get off the loo or pull a jumper on because you know you worked hard and are getting stronger. The day after I hit PR lifts is usually the worst but I am so stoked, I don't care!

I had a fair to middling week 3 pre shark week put a spanner in some things but had a couple of big wins with my PR dead lift and big sunny bike ride on the weekend.

Half way to go and plenty of win ahead for us all... Now, where has Matt got to?

Current Challenge

I'm still hanging in there.

I'm not sure that doing consecutive challenges on here was the right choice for me.

The battle with motivation that I had for the last 2 weeks of the first challenge have carried through into this challenge with me.

I have been eating well. Cooking 5/6 nights a week. Eating a reasonable breakfast everyday. Decent lunch most days. I have avoided Coke for the duration of the challenge so far. I haven't had any chocolate after dinner so far this week, and there is none in the house. Snacks have been pistachios, cashews, plain corn chips (not doritos) and home made guacamole.

Exercise is still not happening. 

I can see and appreciate the positive choices I have been making but I see the poor choices and physical laziness as well.

I won't give up but I feel like I am treading water more than anything else at the moment.

Level 8 Satyr Scout

STR 11|DEX 5|STA 10|CON 9|WIS 12|CHA 5

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Sorry to hear that! The challenge is supposed to be fun not overwhelming. Maybe you should scale down the goals this challenge? You could focus entirely on eating well to take away some of the pressure, and that goal is going really well. Keep it up and you'll have one great habit under your belt. Then the next challenge you can add one more good habit. :) 

Mine is the opposite Matt! I can keep up the exercise but every challenge I am working on different ways to make sustainable change to my diet. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm failing but really I am learning more from trying and experimenting than if I wasn't doing anything at all. Last challenge I got no points at all for my diet based goal. Sure, it's disappointing but keep hold of where you have got to with the stuff that's going well and keep working on the rest. You are not alone mate!

Current Challenge

I got out for a ride today. It was a leisurely 10km in about 40 minutes. It felt great.

I didn't worry about click clack shoes and I knew I wasn't going to be going quick enough to worry about glasses so all I had to do was pump up the tyres and get out there.

It's only the second time I have been for a ride this year which disappoints me but I did it properly and just took it easy rather than doing a 50km ride and killing myself and not wanting to get back on for another 6 months. As soon as I got out of the driveway and rolled down the hill past our place I remembered everything that I enjoy about riding. I loved the feeling of power in my thighs as I worked up an incline! I just need to remember to remember the feeling now. I've got a month or 2 before the weather starts to really warm up so it's a good time for me to start working on a fitness base.

Thanks for all the kind words. It's just been a trying 4-6 weeks and I guess the first thing that I drop off when I have more on my plate is exercise and healthy eating so it's nice to have a place to air those concerns.

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Checking in, I have no Internet at home right now so it's hard to post a lot on my tiny phone. Things have been a little rocky, I had a cousin die two weeks ago so we had the funeral. Eating has been hit or miss, we've done a lot more cooking at home but I find myself eating more than I need at times. On a good note I started couch to 5k today with a friend, my goal is to run the color run in October. So that's what's going on in my world, how is everyone else doing?

level 0 Fire elemental

I'm sorry to read about your loss Nerdlina. 

I think that it's hard to get everything right all in 1 go. It would be awesome if we could but I think that starting to cook more meals is great and once that it more or less usual then you can work on what it is that you are cooking and then portion size etc. The main thing is making good decisions and letting them push you towards more good decisions.

I have started C25K a couple of times and never quite got there. I'm sure you will smash it out!

I'm well. Had a good week last week. Went riding 3 times if you count Sunday then Tuesday and Friday as 1 week. Over weekend life conspired against me getting a long ride in but I did a 7km walk and a 4km walk the following day so that somewhat satisfied my desire to go do something.

I'm happy with dinner options and this week I want to work on lunches. A can of tuna instead of a chicken sandwich halves my calories at lunchtime and also saves me money so I need to get back into that mindset. It takes a little more planning but that's what this is all about isn't it.

I have cut my chocolate intake dramatically and one replacement has been strawberries in balsamic vinegar, black pepper and castor sugar with greek yoghurt. It sounds bizarre but tastes sensational.

Level 8 Satyr Scout

Previous Challenge

Woot What?

MFP

Endomondo

Had some significant mindshifts recently but challeneg goals have been less successful. Trying to have a good week in this final one despite only just feeling better from illness and having a couple of very shitfull days at work.

Emotions and eating are so tricky even when the stresses are minor like mine. Sounds like you are doing a great job balancing things through tough times Nerdlina. I am on a bit of a choclate trip but am managing to stay away from gluten.

Nice work Matty - you are doing great... Might need a local NF cycling posse soon!

Current Challenge

So sorry about your loss Nerdlina. 

My week has been pretty crap tbh. Just been feeling drained with a hint of illness. Know what you mean about emotions and eating WCG. Trying to learn though, so that I can arm myself with knowledge for the next challenge.

Matt I need to try that dessert. I've had strawberries with balsamic vinegar and black pepper before, and strawberries with greek yoghurt, but not both combined. Sounds tasty!  

If you were to plot exercise vs chocolate eating I'm sure that the happiness gained from exercise increases slowly in the beginning but is pretty high after a while with a long low tail afterwards. While chocolate is awesome at first then drops exponentially fast. So there should be an intersection point between exercise and chocolate but if you exercise for long enough you'll pass it and more chocolate won't help. Unfortunately. :) 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines