• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

carniepoet

Carniepoet Round 2

solid goals Carniepoet :)

I too am eating lots of grains: bread, potatoes, rice, pasta - I eat them everyday few times a day ... it's hard to replace them since they are so rich in energy and cheap. 

It's hard job but I heard it's possible to limit them - so good luck with that :D

narhwals video - absolutely original and so cool :D

all the best for you and good luck with the whole challenge :D

Thanks! I'm counting grains as only bread, rice, pasta, and the like right now. Either the next challenge or the one after will be to limit all carbs/starches. So it will include potatoes, corn, certain beans, etc. That will be so tough.

Still trying to decide how to execute the video, but am probably 1/3 of the way through a script. :-)

This week is going pretty good. Workouts are fantastic. I'm a little sore, but not so much so that I can't move. I'm finding that the c-section I had in March is preventing me from doing some exercises (like decline sit-ups), but I'm trying not to fret too much. I'm still getting other core exercises, so I should be okay.

I'm coming in at or under my grain limit, but I realize I really do need to increase my protein intake. I'm not getting nearly as much as I'd like. I think it's because I have so many fresh veggies that I'm filling up on them instead of meat or other sources of protein. I'm trying to add beef jerky to snacks this week, but I don't think that'll last. They just aren't that tasty to me. I'm going to try protein shakes, muscles milk, or adding protein powder to smoothies to see what happens. I think all of the protein drinks taste awful, so there will be some trial and error.

I've eaten out twice this week (I'm doing Sunday-Saturday as a week) and may or may not have my usual Saturday breakfast outing with the family.

Haven't worked on my life goal this week, but it will happen. The world needs more narwhal videos. :-)

I've heard of people using the protein powder in with cooking.  That way you aren't having to drink a shake.  Is there a way to add in egg or chicken or something to what you eat already?  Say liek a salad you can just get some chicken breat to add in for a little extra.

I am finding my soreness level much much better this week.  Keep on doing good!

Hi, Tateman! Eggs don't like me too well so even though I love them I often can't eat them. I'm trying with chicken, but cannot eat it past a day. So cooking a bunch once or twice a week will result in a lot of thrown away meat. I hope that doesn't sound whiny or like I'm making excuses. Protein intake isn't part of my goals, but it is something I want to pay attention to. I'll find what works soon, just have to be patient and willing to try new things.

Sounds like things are going well! I know about the protein thing do you like seafood? I found canned tuna helped a lot along with various lunch meats if nothing else and tossing them in with your salads and other veggies.

I can't wait to see your narwhal video!

I rediscovered the joy of fish during my Whole30 so maybe seafood could be a solution for you. Or insects? ;D

Narwhals FTW!!

Ok, so it's been a while. Man...last week was extremely hectic with orientation for students, prepping lessons, and other activities. I managed to get in my exercising, though, and continued to eat pretty well. Having said that Friday was not so good for the grains, but it was planned. Did a donut breakfast at work, Mexican for lunch, and pizza for dinner. All were with friends and I knew what we were having for each meal. So I definitely went over my limit (who knows by how much), but at least I knew I would. I didn't have as many grains (about 3 per day) over the weekend, so it more than likely evened out. No work was done on the narwhal video, either. :-( At any rate, I feel like last week was kind of bleh. Maybe because I never checked in. On to the awesomeness of this week! :-)

Don't you just love this time of year? Students back on campus, hectic days, and wondering where times goes? Still sounds like you had a good week overall :) Keep up the hard work!

Thanks for asking, Panczo.

Man, guys, it has been crazy busy. I almost think I should have sat out this challenge, but glad I didn't. Fall term is front loaded for me. I not only have my normal duties, but teach in 2 different classes and have conferences/presentations that I have to do. Then, of course, I have my family, so my evenings are spent playing with them. Not a lot of time for extra stuff.

That being said I'm still going strong with workouts. Woohoo! I've only eaten too many grains twice - once planned, once unplanned. To me, that's not too bad.

Now eating out. That was going great, but my schedule and tiredness have caught up with the past week and a half and I've eaten out more than I should have. It's still not as much as I was eating out...not by a long shot, but it's more than my goal.

The narwhal video has suffered the most. I have most of the script and images, but haven't recorded voice over or put the images and videos together. I really wanted to do a paper craft vid, but there is definitely not time for that in 6 weeks...maybe I'll make it a 12 week goal one day. No matter what I'll have my video up it just won't be complete by Sunday. It is going to happen, though!

So a mix of feelings about my goals, but I still feel good that even with the goals I'm not 100% on I'm creating better habits and doing better than I was before this challenge. Next challenge I'm doing a paleo experiment. Sadly, I've noticed that my yummy new found breakfast of cottage cheese with fruit and granola is making me bloat. Such a sad thing. But I have it everyday for breakfast because it's very filling and delicious, but way more dairy than I'm used to. I didn't know this is how I'd react. :-(

I think you have been doing good this challenge.  Been super busy, yet still going strong with the workouts.  Yesterday I had heard something about a narwhal on the Octonauts cartoon.  It made me wonder how the video was coming :)

I'll look forward to the video in the future when you get a chance to finish it up.  Until then, keep going strong!

Tateman, I saw that episode...and I loved it! My son wanted to go play and I was like, "Noooo! You have to see this. It'll be good. I promise." He just rolled his eyes, sighed, and said, "If it'll make you happy." That 4 year old has sass. lol

And thanks for the kind words. :-) 

Thanks for asking, Panczo.

Man, guys, it has been crazy busy. I almost think I should have sat out this challenge, but glad I didn't. Fall term is front loaded for me. I not only have my normal duties, but teach in 2 different classes and have conferences/presentations that I have to do. Then, of course, I have my family, so my evenings are spent playing with them. Not a lot of time for extra stuff.

That being said I'm still going strong with workouts. Woohoo! I've only eaten too many grains twice - once planned, once unplanned. To me, that's not too bad.

Now eating out. That was going great, but my schedule and tiredness have caught up with the past week and a half and I've eaten out more than I should have. It's still not as much as I was eating out...not by a long shot, but it's more than my goal.

The narwhal video has suffered the most. I have most of the script and images, but haven't recorded voice over or put the images and videos together. I really wanted to do a paper craft vid, but there is definitely not time for that in 6 weeks...maybe I'll make it a 12 week goal one day. No matter what I'll have my video up it just won't be complete by Sunday. It is going to happen, though!

So a mix of feelings about my goals, but I still feel good that even with the goals I'm not 100% on I'm creating better habits and doing better than I was before this challenge. Next challenge I'm doing a paleo experiment. Sadly, I've noticed that my yummy new found breakfast of cottage cheese with fruit and granola is making me bloat. Such a sad thing. But I have it everyday for breakfast because it's very filling and delicious, but way more dairy than I'm used to. I didn't know this is how I'd react. :-(

so good to hear you didn't back off totally from the challenge - you did enough to keep the momentum and build solid foundations for the healthy habits :) that's the way to go - with hard hat on like steve wrote recently :)

so how is your main quest status after the challenge? You wanted to lose weight - how did that go?

btw. I understand u are a teacher? What do u teach if may ask?

Didn't lose weight, but did lose some inches. So I guess I'm gaining muscle. :-) I'll update later today with final info.

I'm actually a librarian, but also teach in a biomedical masters program as well as doing a few lectures for some of our other doctorate/medical programs. I actually made faculty this year, so w00t!

Final Info! It's up. :-) Pretty good results, though a couple of goals weren't done too well. Looking forward to the next challenge!

Main Quest

To lose weight. My goal weight is between 140-150 - I had hoped to lose 7-10 pounds this challenge, but it didn't happen. I have however gotten a little stronger and lost an inch or 2 here or there, so I'm still happy with the results.

Goals

1: Eat out no more than 3 times per week - I did very well in this at the beginning, but fell apart a little at the end. Basically 2 out of 6 weeks weren't to go. Grade- C. Stats- STA: 1/CON:1

2: Continue working out at least 3 times a week - This goal went great. So pumped that this isn't so much of a pain in the neck to do now. I think this is enough of a habit now that it doesn't need to be put into the challenge anymore. :-) Grade- A. Stats- STR: 3/STA: 2/DEX: 2

3: Limit the number of grains I eat to less than 5 servings a day. - This went well. There were a couple of days that went over (1 planned, 1 unplanned), but I still think that warrants an A. Grade- A. Stats- STA: 1/CHA: 1

Life Quest

Create a video about narwhals - I've done parts of this, but not put it together. I'm not going to count anything because I'll I could show you is my images and script. Nothing is even put in my editor. So embarrassing. So an F for this. BUT the video will still happen. I'll update here and on any new thread for myself when it's done. :-) Stats - WIS: 0/ Dex: 0

Personal Stats

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 181 lbs. - current 180 lbs.

Bust: 40 1/2" - current 39 7/8"

Under bust: 36 1/2" - current 35 1/4"

R Arm: 11 7/8â€- current 12"

L Arm: 11 3/4"- current 12"

Waist: 36 3/8â€- current 35"

Abs: 40 3/8â€- current 39 3/8"

Hips (top of pelvic bone): 42â€- current 42"

Butt (across largest part): 46â€- current 45"

R Thigh: 27 1/4"- current 27"

L Thigh: 27 3/8â€- current 27"

R Calf: 15 3/4"- current 15 1/2"

L Calf: 15 1/2"- current 15 1/2"

Previous stats - Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer STR 5 | DEX 5 | STA 5.5 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 6.5

Current stats - Level 3 Wood Elf Adventurer STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 9.5 | CON 7 | WIS 9 | CHA 7.5

Didn't lose weight, but did lose some inches. So I guess I'm gaining muscle. :-) I'll update later today with final info.

I'm actually a librarian, but also teach in a biomedical masters program as well as doing a few lectures for some of our other doctorate/medical programs. I actually made faculty this year, so w00t!

very nice scores Carnie! Good step into achieving your main quest of losing weight :)

Wow, a librarian - one of the best jobs in the world :) congrats on making a faculty :D

now, keep going :)