• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wayne_Kent_Seago

3rd Challenge...Run Paul Run!

My main goal is to reduce my LDL cholesterol to 130 by Dec. 31st. (At my last doctor's appointment it was 156, which is on the border of needing medication. That was a huge wake-up call.)

So how will I get there? These three fitness goals will help...

1. Do Couch to 5K app run 3x per week. Start with week 3 day 1 and go from there. (STA 4)

A = 3x per week

B = 2x per week

C = 1x per week

F = 0 x per week

2. Stay under 2,000 net calories (total food intake – exercise) 6x per week as entered into Lose It app (CON 5)

A = 33 – 36 days

B = 32 – 28 days

C = 27 – 23 days

D = 22 – 19 days

F = under 19 days

3. Walk/run a total of 70 miles over the course of the challenge (CON 2, STA 3)

A = 65 – 70 miles

B = 64 – 54 miles

C = 53 – 43 miles

D = 42 – 32 miles

F = under 32 miles

My life quest is to find a new job paying at least $95K so I can better provide for my family.

How will I get there? This goal should help...

4. Schedule at least 2 professional / personal networking events per week (CHA 3, WIS 2)

A = 11 – 12 events

B = 10 – 9 events

C = 8 – 7 events

F = 6 events or less

For a side quest, I want to run a 5K. I have my eye on one in late September.

Life quest – new job paying at least 95,000 per year

Thanks for the +1 WIS token!!

Perhaps I should have made one of my goals "learning to do math". I just realized that my point totals add up to more than 15, so here is the revised point totals:

1. Couch to 5K 3x per week (STA 4)

2. Under 2,000 cals 6x per week (CON 3)

3. Walk/Run 70 miles during challenge (CON 2, STA 2)

4. Networking/development 2x per week (CHA 2, WIS 2)

That is 15 total points up for grabs, and all is balanced in the universe!

At least you caught the math imblance. I would have gone the whole challenge with the wrong numbers. What do you have in mind for professional/personal networking. Also is it just the wage or is there a certain type of job you are interested in? Money is important but not if the job makes you miserable. If could be a better paying job/ more responsibly than you have now I'm not sure so I figured I would ask.

Good luck on the six week challenge!

How is your C25K going? I started mine this challenge and just completed W1D2, I couldn't imagine starting at week three. Have you started the C25K before? Good luck with your quest.

At least you caught the math imblance. I would have gone the whole challenge with the wrong numbers. What do you have in mind for professional/personal networking. Also is it just the wage or is there a certain type of job you are interested in? Money is important but not if the job makes you miserable. If could be a better paying job/ more responsibly than you have now I'm not sure so I figured I would ask.

Good luck on the six week challenge!

Thanks. I totally agree that chasing money if the job makes you miserable is not worth it. I did that once and it was awful. I have a good job now, so I have the luxury of keeping an eye out for something that fits my strengths and still brings in more money.

How is your C25K going? I started mine this challenge and just completed W1D2, I couldn't imagine starting at week three. Have you started the C25K before? Good luck with your quest.

I did C25K in the last challenge, but missed a few runs here and there and at the end of the 6 week challenge was at week 5, day 1 (and that one was tough). I didn't keep up in the two weeks in between challenges and it really ramps up in week 5 and beyond. My goal is to stay on task with C25K for this challenge and then continue it into the next challenge and then complete a 5K as part of my next challenge. I looked back at the runs I completed and week 3 was a place I felt I could pick it back up. I did not mean to come off like I could just randomly start there. I am by no means a runner, and this is a big challenge for me.

I saw that you are looking to do a Tough Mudder, and that is a cool goal. I would like to do that myself some day. I am currently not in good enough shape, but working toward it. Best of luck on that goal. Post pics when you do it, I look forward to seeing them

I need to start looking into running a 5k myself, it will be a good bench mark on my progress and if I put it in the middle of the next challenge it will keep me motivated. Let me know how your 5k goes!

Thanks. I totally agree that chasing money if the job makes you miserable is not worth it. I did that once and it was awful. I have a good job now, so I have the luxury of keeping an eye out for something that fits my strengths and still brings in more money.

Glad to hear it! And what you are after sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

Great challenges - pro-tip for the job stuff - LinkedIn. I've been head-hunted several times through there, brilliantly useful tool!

Thanks. I am not using it to its fullest potential, but you are right it is useful! 

My main goal is reduce my LDL cholesterol from 156 to 130 by Dec. 31

My side goal is complete a 5K

I had a great time with this challenge. I have never considered myself a runner, but I am enjoying the challenge of Couch to 5K, and I am looking forward to completing a 5K race very soon.

So here’s how I did:

1. Do C25k 3x per week. (STA 4)

I was perfect on this until yesterday. I caught a cold on Saturday and missed my scheduled Sunday run. Overall, I feel I earned an A here and the full 4 STA points

1. Stay under 2,000 net calories (food – exercise) 6x per week (measured in Lose It! App) (CON 3)

I did ok on this one, staying under the 2,000 cals level for 28 of 36 opportunities. That gives me a B and 2 CON points

1. Run/Walk a total of 70 miles over the course of the challenge (CON 2, STA 2)

I killed this one. I reached a total of 76.6 miles and feel great! That is a A and 2 CON and 2 STA for me.

1. Schedule at least 2 networking or personal/professional development events (CHA 2, WIS 2)

I didn’t do very well at this, and for a Chamber of Commerce professional it is extremely disappointing. I urge members to work ON their business as much or more than they work IN their business. So to not hit this one hurts a lot. 8 events of 12 should give me a C, but since this is what I preach and did not live up to it. I am foregoing the points and will add this one to the upcoming challenge so I get another shot at it.

I have a plan for the upcoming challenge that will be a big challenge for me in both cardio and strength training.

I am really seeing results from these challenges both physically and in my work and home life, and can’t wait for the next one to start!

For the challenge, I have leveled up to level 4, and am adding STA 6, and CON 4 to my stats!

Sign in to follow this