Eli's Back in Action!!

Eli

Eli, so sorry to hear about your bad experience, not to mention someone going behind your back. I don't know what to say....What can be done about it?

Great job still finding the silver lining that you got a lot of school work done!

And you are back here which is good.

I have chosen to believe in myself.

Eli, so sorry to hear about your bad experience, not to mention someone going behind your back. I don't know what to say....What can be done about it?

Great job still finding the silver lining that you got a lot of school work done!

And you are back here which is good.

Hey, thanks for the support! Ya, this colleague is a bit of a problem. He seems to think he's in competition with me and there is no need for that. It's not even a competition to be the best student; it's a competition for rank and heirarchy! A bit ridiculous considering we're all poor grad students. I think the only positive strategy will be to just not "play" and continue to work through my personal school goals. Now that I know what he's capable of, I will refrain from discussing any part of my life with him. If he's not aware of what I'm doing, it will be harder for him to twist stories to make me look bad (and seemingly make himself look better). I'm lucky, in a way, that I have a greater unstanding of our field of study than him so I should not ever be in a position to ask his advise. He, however, will likely require my assistance which I am no longer willing to give (and that's saying something because I'm an extremely generous person). That might be a bit harsh, but I was really shocked by his behaviour. Everyone gets a chance, in my books, to prove their worth/essence/core...he has proven to me that he's not worth my time or energy.

Moving on :) still feeling a bit run-down but I'm slowly getting better! Going to make sure I do some yoga stretches at school today because my neck has really been sore (office chair posture...). I made some cute knitted-crocheted jellyfish last night! Pretty excited about them. Also managed to work on a considerable portion on my boyfriend's cardigan! Can't believe it's already Wednesday...going to make an effort to play my bass tonight though!

Human Druid-Assassin, Level 3

STR: 4.25 | DEX: 3.5 | STA: 6.5 | CON: 9.35 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 3

I feel for you problems with your coworker.  I have experienced similar things and it is very emotionally wrenching.  You handled it well.  You even got a lot of work done.  Good luck with playing the bass!  I will second the comment about creating yarn jellyfish.  That is cool!  And for your next challenge, you will crochet a dinosaur footprint afghan :playful: .

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Hey!! Wow...long time, no update!!

So, it's been a weird couple of weeks. This week, my partner's mom was visiting so we spent the week in a slightly stressful "holiday" state from which we are now recovering :) The week before was also incredibly stressful but as a result of school deadlines and supervisor issues.

In terms of my goals, the only thing that I accomplished over the last two weeks was my school goals! I didn't play music, read a novel, or go jogging :( but I did sub for a friend's frisbee game (90 minutes of sprinting...) and we somehow won the entire championship for my own frisbee team's league (only won 3 game out of 8...?!!?). I also took on a bunch of knitting orders which has conflicted with my goal of finishing some personal knitting projects...but that's ok because I can use the extra income!

Oh, and I keep giving the jellyfish away without taking a photo! They are super cute though :)

With a highly stressful two weeks, keeping even one goal is a win!  You didn't cave and you kept going.

Good luck with the knitting.  It can be a good stress reliever.  An please post a jellyfish picture.  We want to see them!

Level 8 Human Druid

STR 10 DEX 8.5 STA 11 CON 11 WIS 11 CHA 12

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not Eureka! (I found it!) but rather, 'hmm... that's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

I posted this in the Reports thread already, but just wanted to copy it here for those of you who have been following me

Eli's Back in Action Final Report

Well, things didn't go as smoothly this challenge as I'd hoped. I learned a lot though, so that's always a bonus :)

Goal #1: Keeping and following a self-made school schedule with deadlines

Awards: +3 Cons, +2 Wis

How I did: I super aced this goal!! I am so proud of myself for this because usually I'm a HUGE procrastinator and this time I really kept myself on task. I made very efficient use of my work time each day which really felt great. 

Because I met all of my personal deadlines, I give myself a score of 100%! And I was further rewarded during my committee meeting this week when my entire committee told me I was doing an EXCELLENT JOB! YEAH!!! I'm so happy! Thanks Nerd Fitness :D

Goal #2: Music or reading instead of TV

Awards: +2 Cons

How I did: Well, this goal went completely down the drain... I think I managed to get in 1 hour of music during the ENTIRE challenge! For that, I'm not even going to award any attribute points. 

What I learned: I now know that I have a hard time making time for things after my day is over. My school work takes up a HUGE part of my life, both mentally and physically (in terms of physical time and energy) which leaves time for little else. I found that I was spending the majority of my time AFTER SCHOOL spending personal time with my partner and also doing house work. On weekends, we usually just turned into couch zombies and attempted to recover from the week! Sometimes we made it out to do some adventuring. In short, I've learned that there are 3 things in my life that are MOST important to make time for and they are, in no particular order: school, partner, chores. Everything else that I want to achieve in my life tends to fall to the side or is fit into some gap in my schedule.

Goal #3: Jogging

Awards: +3 Strength, +3 Sta

How I did: I managed to jog for only 1 of my weeks out of 6 this challenge. It's not bad! I know that I did a lot of other things that could potentially have been substituted for jogging (gym, Ultimate Frisbee, walking to school...) but I chose to NOT include those in my goal. But it's a start! I think I'm going to try to keep this goal for next challenge but I may actually change it to "using cardio machines in gym" because I find that worked out quite well these last two weeks as an afternoon study break :)  So for this, I did one sixth of my goal, so I will give myself one sixth of my points!

In closing, this challenge was fairly eventful. I started out strong, kind of gave up on my second and third goals near the end... But I learned a lot about myself and how I organize my priorities. I may also be moving to Assassins for the next challenge :( Good bye Druids! You've been good to me! You stuck with me through my Gluten related illness! Thanks for that :)

Eli

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines