• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

pink

Pink's Super Shrinking 1st Challenge

I discovered NF 4 weeks ago and since then I've adopted a roughly 80/20 primal diet (paleo with dairy) I have also been completing 2 sets of the Beginner Body Weight Workout three times a week. So I've made a good start, but now it's time to kick things into gear.

MAIN QUEST

To shrink down. I'm roughly double the weight I should be and would like to find an Alice in Wonderland potion, saying "drink me" with immediate results. However, I don't think that will happen, so I guess I need to do something about it myself.

My goal? It was going to be losing x amount of pounds, but I've realised that the scales don't matter as much as how I look. Therefore my super shrinking challenge will be to lose inches from my body.

MISSIONS

1. Eat it This is the most important component. I have been doing good with paleo/ primal eating and want to continue with that. The thing I need to keep an eye on is how many 'cheat' meals or snacks I have during the week - this includes Frappuccino coffees! Food types I don't want to eat too much of are - sugar, wheat, grains, legumes, beans and artificial crap, any of which would be a non-primal meal. I'm okay with eating dairy, fruit and potatoes, as well as my staples of meat, fish, eggs and veggies. 

Changed these goals slightly already! 

A - 1 non primal meal/snack per week           A - 6 primal days x week
B - 2 non primal meals/snacks per week       B - 5 primal days x week
C - 3 non primal meals/snacks per week       C - 4 primal days x week
D - 4 non primal meals/snacks per week       D - 3 primal days x week
F - 5+ non primal meals/snacks per week      F - 2 primal days x week or less

2. Move it Strength training. Walking. Cycling. Fitness dvd. Just moving! I far too often fall into the habit of sitting on my couch, surfing the web and making plans to get fit, rather than actually getting fit (it's what I'm doing right now) I have been strength training 3 times a week and walking a little more than usual over the past 4 weeks. It's time to make improvements on this. My ultimate goal by the end of the challenge is to be able to complete 3 sets of the Beginner Body Weight Workout through to the end. However, one workout cannot define 6 weeks worth of fitness, so I'm giving myself a Move it More Mission. This does not mean lazy, slow walking, not really trying movement. It means arse kicking, sweat inducing, heart pumping movement.

A - 20 minutes of vigorous movement 5 x week
B - 20 minutes of vigorous movement 4 x week
C - 20 minutes of vigorous movement 3 x week
D - 20 minutes of vigorous movement 2 x week
F - 20 minites of vigorous movement 1 x week or less

3. Log it Write down everything I eat and every workout I do. That's it. I've already done this for 4 weeks, so there's no reason I can't continue to do so. This keeps me accountable on a daily basis without having to log and track calories or macros.

A - log 7 days a week
B - log 6 days a week
C - log 5 days a week
D - log 4 days a week
F - log 3 or less days a week

LIFE QUEST

Work reports Hhm. These are the bane of my life. Not usually because they are difficult, or lengthy, but more because I procrastinate and delay and end up leaving multiple reports to the end of the week. If I can find any excuse not to do them, then I won't. Generally, my reports have a 5 day deadline, but I aim to get them all finished by the end of the week, leaving my weekend free. This never happens. So, my life quest is to just DO IT!

A - All work reports completed before the weekend.
B - 1 outstanding report over the weekend.
C - 2 outstanding reports over the weekend.
D - 3 outstanding reports over the weekend.
F - 4+ outstanding reports over the weekend.

MOTIVATION

Photo%2520on%252029-07-2013%2520at%25201

STARTING STATS AND PHOTOS

Waist - 42 inches

Hips/ Bum - 52 inches 
Under Bust - 41 inches 
Over Bust - 45 inches 
Bicep - 14 inches 
Thighs -  L 31.5 inches R 31 inches
Calves - L 19.5 inches R 18.5 inches 
Neck - 15.5 inches 

Forearm - 11 inches
Wrist - 7 inches 

Photo%20on%2029-07-2013%20at%2011.19%20%Photo%20on%2029-07-2013%20at%2011.18%20%Photo%20on%2029-07-2013%20at%2011.19%20%Photo%20on%2029-07-2013%20at%2011.19.jpg

Wow, that was more support than I was expecting. Thank you so much, it means a lot and has got me feeling more motivated than ever. I WILL do this! 

• Like 1

Wow, that was more support than I was expecting. Thank you so much, it means a lot and has got me feeling more motivated than ever. I WILL do this! 

You're welcome ^^.

This will be a hard road with obstacles, but here at NerdFitness, we stick together and offer a helping hand when you reach a hurdle. No obstacle cannot be conquered.

I subbed your thread and will keep track of your progress :)

Your plan is well laid out, often it's not the actual plan you have or how your tweak it, it's just doing something that counts. You seem to understand this principle in your second goal "Move it, More". This is a great goal! I wish you the best of luck during this 6 week ;)

If you like bodyweight training, you can join us with the Assassins, when you complete this challenge! ;)

Yep, hard road, with many obstacles, but it's okay, I've just read The Hobbit, which is surely all the preparation I need for my journey. This type of support is just what I've been loving about Nerd Fitness - I have assassin aspirations, but think it might take me a couple of challenges to get there! 

Here you are! I've been waiting. You've been my unofficial aacountabilibuddy from the beginning, and WE HAVE TOTALLY GOT THIS!

Yes I'm here!! I made my challenge thread at last and I'm ready for this! 

Monday 29th July

This didn't go to plan. Actually, planning was about the only thing I did accomplish. I planned my food, shopping, exercise, goals for 6 weeks, work for the day - i just didn't DO anything! 

Oh well, that was yesterday. Today is a new day. I've planned for it.....

Monday 29th July

This didn't go to plan. Actually, planning was about the only thing I did accomplish. I planned my food, shopping, exercise, goals for 6 weeks, work for the day - i just didn't DO anything! 

Oh well, that was yesterday. Today is a new day. I've planned for it.....

What happened that caused this? Is there something specific that happened to prevent you from doing what you planned?

What happened that caused this? Is there something specific that happened to prevent you from doing what you planned?

Laziness? I didn't go food shopping when I got the chance, then got caught up at home clearing up from my son's birthday the previous day and spending too many hours on the internet. I'm going shopping after work this evening to re-stock the cupboards, so I have easy, healthy food options to grab. Now I need to get back to work and stay away from the internet for a few hours, so I can get accomplishing all that I need to today! 

Laziness? I didn't go food shopping when I got the chance, then got caught up at home clearing up from my son's birthday the previous day and spending too many hours on the internet. I'm going shopping after work this evening to re-stock the cupboards, so I have easy, healthy food options to grab. Now I need to get back to work and stay away from the internet for a few hours, so I can get accomplishing all that I need to today! 

Laziness, ahh, a common site, it's an enemy for me also, I often has to basically kick my self out of my chair and put my mouse down to do things. But I never ever regret doing so.

Also, stocking the cupboards with healthy options is a great way to force yourself to eat things that are "good" for you when you get that craving. When I get cravings, I usually go drink a glass on milk or something of sorts, protein makes you feel full and water does also, this has both and usually satisfies my cravings.

Just remember to keep focusing on your objectives ;)

Today was better. I'm continuing to log my full list of foods and exercise on my battle log, but I'll summarise my day here. 

Duality - I hope you don't mind, but I'm copying your tracking method for my 6 week missions. 

Tues 30th July

1. 1/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/36 Eat it 

2. 1/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/30 Move it 

3. 1/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/42 Log it 

So I got up really late as I didn't have work until this afternoon and obviously needed to catch up with some sleep. Work was totally messed up, but that meant I could leave earlier and go grocery shopping, so the cupboards are now stocked!  

On a work related note - I completed 3 reports today, yay. That leaves 4 to do tomorrow before work. I would like to have reports out of the way by the weekend so I can really relax and have some free time, rather than stressing over outstanding reports!

I'm just relaxing drinking my coffee now, after eating a yummy dinner of salmon and veggies. The only thing missing from my day is exercise - in fact I'm going to haul my exercise bike downstairs right now and do 20 minutes of cycling while watching TV, so I can feel all accomplished. Then I'm going to read a book in bed. Tomorrow it's back to my morning BBWW routine. 

Today I feel good and I'm in total agreement with the Nike slogan - JUST DO IT. 

Today was better. I'm continuing to log my full list of foods and exercise on my battle log, but I'll summarise my day here. 

Duality - I hope you don't mind, but I'm copying your tracking method for my 6 week missions. 

Tues 30th July

1. 1/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/36 Eat it 

2. 1/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/30 Move it 

3. 1/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/42 Log it 

So I got up really late as I didn't have work until this afternoon and obviously needed to catch up with some sleep. Work was totally messed up, but that meant I could leave earlier and go grocery shopping, so the cupboards are now stocked!  

On a work related note - I completed 3 reports today, yay. That leaves 4 to do tomorrow before work. I would like to have reports out of the way by the weekend so I can really relax and have some free time, rather than stressing over outstanding reports!

I'm just relaxing drinking my coffee now, after eating a yummy dinner of salmon and veggies. The only thing missing from my day is exercise - in fact I'm going to haul my exercise bike downstairs right now and do 20 minutes of cycling while watching TV, so I can feel all accomplished. Then I'm going to read a book in bed. Tomorrow it's back to my morning BBWW routine. 

Today I feel good and I'm in total agreement with the Nike slogan - JUST DO IT. 

it's cool ;)

Great day! Keep it up :)

Phew, morning BBWW done, 8 mins warm up, then 2 full sets of 20 squats, 10 close arm wall pushups (shoulder prevents any sort of wide arm push up at the moment), 20 lunges with each leg (ouch), 15 dumbbell rows, 15 second plank and 30 jumping jacks. I'm sweating and feel exhausted, I am so unfit...but that will change. Also I have a confession. Even though 2 full sets kill me, I know that I could push myself to do 3 sets if I had to. I'll probably have to drop my reps back slightly at first, but starting next week it's 3 sets and no excuses. 

Make sure you do proper form, I suggest recording yourself and comparing your form versus steve's or any other online video giving a tutorial of that particular exercise :)

Make sure you do proper form, I suggest recording yourself and comparing your form versus steve's or any other online video giving a tutorial of that particular exercise :)

Look at her one month progress pics. She's doing them right!

Good job, Pink. I get in trouble when the shelves get empty and my choices are too limited.

Look at her one month progress pics. She's doing them right!

Good job, Pink. I get in trouble when the shelves get empty and my choices are too limited.

Losing weight is not equal to proper form, I'm just trying to make sure that she uses proper form so that she doesn't end up hurting herself.

I'm not saying either she's doing them wrong, I'm just proposing.

Also, I've lost 60 pounds so far, that doesn't mean I have proper form on my exercises, a matter of a fact, I recorded myself last week for my bodyweight workout and realised I bob my head for a good part of the movement for push ups (see video in my challenge thread for reference).

Thanks guys for the advice. That's one of the things I've been trying to make sure of - proper form of each exercise, to prevent injury. I can tell you it isn't always easy to make sure of this when starting out again and having lots of extra weight to shift around! I was super fit 3 years ago, when I'd lost over 100lbs and was kicking arse in the gym, doing weights with good form and looked great for it! So from my previous experience and reminding myself by watching the video tutorials, I think I largely know HOW to keep good form, it's just not always easy to make sure that I DO it. I was thinking of videoing myself for one of my workouts - mainly so I can compare where I am in 6 months time, but it would be easy to assess if I'm doing things right by watching this back. 

Losing weight is not equal to proper form, I'm just trying to make sure that she uses proper form so that she doesn't end up hurting herself.

I'm not saying either she's doing them wrong, I'm just proposing.

Also, I've lost 60 pounds so far, that doesn't mean I have proper form on my exercises, a matter of a fact, I recorded myself last week for my bodyweight workout and realised I bob my head for a good part of the movement for push ups (see video in my challenge thread for reference).

Not referring to the weight loss, referring to the body parts. You can SEE the glutes and quads changing. But I hear you on form. That is my main focus this challenge. Also, I have been following Pink since she started at the same time as I did, and it was mainly intended as a big Woohoo! for her :)

Not referring to the weight loss, referring to the body parts. You can SEE the glutes and quads changing. But I hear you on form. That is my main focus this challenge. Also, I have been following Pink since she started at the same time as I did, and it was mainly intended as a big Woohoo! for her :)

I agree with you totally on the woohoo part though, you really see the difference in that months start/end pictures :)

Aww thanks both of you for the woohoos and support. To be honest I can't see any difference in my months photos, but that won't be the case in 6 weeks time!

Today was all good for me, ST done, work done, healthy eating done and all logged on my battle page :)

Weds 31st July

1. 2/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/6 - 0/36 Eat it 

2. 2/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/5 - 0/30 Move it 

3. 2/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/7 - 0/42 Log it