• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TombRayder

Tombrayder unburied-rises up!

Hello all- TombRayder here checking in for second challenge after achieving a life goal for my first NF challenge by unburying myself from paperwork and home files, I am ready to level up in several areas of health & fitness and life goals!

MAIN QUEST: To lose 5 more pounds- (towards the eventual 25 pounds)- and take 2" off of bust, waist, hips and thigh measurements. How will I do this? With 3 specific sub-goals:

1.  As a beginner, do Body Pump program 3x/week.

2.  Walk & run the other 3 days a week, in preparation for a Fitness Side goal.

3. Track food & water daily with My Fitness Pal.

Strength=2.5pts Stamina=2.5pts Constitution=1pt

LIFE QUEST: Create my own family history website. I will be cleaning up & organizing my database, learn about & create my own webpages for my first 4 generations of family history and make into web site by the end of the 6 weeks!

Wisdom=2pts Charisma=2pts

FITNESS SIDE QUEST: Participate in my very first 5K by the end of 6 weeks! My sub goals for main quest should get be ready!

Stamina=2.5 Constitution=2.5

I divided the 15 points basically into thirds for the three main goals, and then looked at the overall points assigned:

Stamina=5 Constitution=3.5 Strength=2.5 Wisdom=2 Charisma=2 Dexterity=0

What is my motivation for the main quest?- To keep getting the weight off 5 lbs at a time- to be DONE with setting & resetting this goal!

I want to move onto more things on my "bucket list", instead of always being focused on weight loss. I LOVE how 25 pounds down FEELS and LOOKs and I want to continue to look & feel GREAT! I want to fit into smaller clothes and do more things with my body!

PS: I will be doing photos & measurements, before & after- starting tonight!

These goals look good! Is 3x Body Pump and 5x walking going to be a lot all at once for you? I know Body Pump works the legs out pretty hard.

Also, do you have any attribute points riding on these goals? This looks like a lot of strength and stamina you could gain.

Good luck!

I also was rethinking the walking commitment with work/life schedule. Realistically I need to change the walking to off days from the Body Pump. So- Mon. Wed. & Fri. for Body Pump and Tues. Thurs. & Sat. for the walk/run= is more doable! As for attributing points to these goals- I did not read anything about that this time around. Is it a given? or is it not applicable with the major quest now...

Good question for the moderator?!

You are level 2 now, so the attribute points are still the same as before (15 divided between you goals). It is different for those just starting and on their first challenge, but that isn't you.

Thanks for the great question GunnJay! I wanted to just start with the first 4 generations to have my first attempt be a manageable goal for 6 weeks-but I fully intend to keep going! I have a great vision of what I want to accomplish by this website-with documents, pictures, charts and forms as well as the family units. I have wanted to do this for years and it is on my bucket list. Doing my homework on what should the site be called, who will be the server and where I want to place the website...I probably shared more than you wanted to hear-but as you can tell I am pretty psyched about it!

WEEK 1 Assessment: Super Great week!

Goal 1: Do Les Mills Body Pump Program- 3 days a week. Completed! Mon, Wed & Fri with dau Rachel as my coach- she says I did really good for my first time and I felt great! They have a calendar of the exercises/DVDs to use and so I am following that as my intro to the program for the NF 6 weeks.

Goal 2: Walk/run 3 days a week. Completed! I did it! I did home roads, Track, home roads. Home roads give me up & down hills for strength and stamina. The asphalt track I used to increase my speed and run more. Felt great! I bought special sneakers after the first run and what a difference on the other two runs-no lower back pain!

Goal 3: Track daily foods & water with My Fitness Pal-Completed! I have meal reminders to keep me on track. I am staying below my calories of 1200 and was hoping to see a pound lost, but I may be increasing muscle with my workout and may not see the weight loss of 5 pounds I was hoping for. However, I am seeing a difference with my clothes fitting! I am out of Large and into Mediums, down to 12 & 10s, and giving a bunch of clothes away to Good Will!

I am actively preparing for the side goal of the 5k. I am officially signed up for my first one on August 17-2 weeks away! At the time it was the only one I could find in the 6 week period! I have also signed up for a second one the following week! I am working on getting the proper clothes and thinking of the details to make sure this is a positive first successful experience. Originally, it was enough to compete and just finish! But I am thinking if I can do under 1 hour-maybe 50 mins-that would be a successful first run!

My daughter did take photos of my body front, back, sides, so we can compare in 6 weeks! I love the goals that keep me on track, keep me motivated and accountable, for me that helps me towards success!

As for My Life Goal of the Webpage, this has involved my doing reading during my work lunch breaks and organizing how I want to design the web site. I need to make a financial commitment for my choice of server, and my domain name. I have started cleaning up my data base and I combined the duplicates.

What a great first week! This week coming up will be exactly the same! I will keep the same schedule.

WEEK 1 Assessment: Super Great week!

Goal 1: Do Les Mills Body Pump Program- 3 days a week. Completed! Mon, Wed & Fri with dau Rachel as my coach- she says I did really good for my first time and I felt great! They have a calendar of the exercises/DVDs to use and so I am following that as my intro to the program for the NF 6 weeks.

Goal 2: Walk/run 3 days a week. Completed! I did it! I did home roads, Track, home roads. Home roads give me up & down hills for strength and stamina. The asphalt track I used to increase my speed and run more. Felt great! I bought special sneakers after the first run and what a difference on the other two runs-no lower back pain!

Goal 3: Track daily foods & water with My Fitness Pal-Completed! I have meal reminders to keep me on track. I am staying below my calories of 1200 and was hoping to see a pound lost, but I may be increasing muscle with my workout and may not see the weight loss of 5 pounds I was hoping for. However, I am seeing a difference with my clothes fitting! I am out of Large and into Mediums, down to 12 & 10s, and giving a bunch of clothes away to Good Will!

I am actively preparing for the side goal of the 5k. I am officially signed up for my first one on August 17-2 weeks away! At the time it was the only one I could find in the 6 week period! I have also signed up for a second one the following week! I am working on getting the proper clothes and thinking of the details to make sure this is a positive first successful experience. Originally, it was enough to compete and just finish! But I am thinking if I can do under 1 hour-maybe 50 mins-that would be a successful first run!

My daughter did take photos of my body front, back, sides, so we can compare in 6 weeks! I love the goals that keep me on track, keep me motivated and accountable, for me that helps me towards success!

As for My Life Goal of the Webpage, this has involved my doing reading during my work lunch breaks and organizing how I want to design the web site. I need to make a financial commitment for my choice of server, and my domain name. I have started cleaning up my data base and I combined the duplicates.

What a great first week! This week coming up will be exactly the same! I will keep the same schedule.

Week 2: Goal 1-the LesMills Program, I started on a new DVD and did it 2/3x for the week-missed the one day but did great tho! Goal 2: Walk/Run 3x/wk-I did DVDs and outside walk-. I also purchased my sneakers & socks, as part of preparations for the 5K. Goal 3: Daily track food & water with Fitness Pal-. Life Goal- Web page: I read a book daily at my lunch breaks at work, learning about choosing web server, and my web site design. Overall GREAT week!

Week 3: Goal 1- the LesMills Program, repeat of last week, only squeaked out 2/3x of week, as I was more focused on my 5K preparations. Did great doing workout and my daughter says my form is pretty good. Goal 2: Walk/Run 3x/wk- well I did Tues & Thurs, 45mins-5k practice runs! My goal was to run under the 50mins-and I did and tah dah- I ran my first 5K Sat with the time of 44mins 30 sec.I was pleased. My practice runs were done at night after work and I felt better about those than my actual run at 8am. I felt sick after the race because my blood sugar was so low, and I had shakes, so exhausted! I didn’t eat or drink before the race because I didn’t want to worry about pains in my sides or to have to go to the bathroom. All day Saturday I felt weak. Oh well lessons learned but I DID IT-I ran a 5K- so my Fitness side Quest is completed! . Goal 3: Tracking of meals & water, argghh I missed one day! The day after the race…I just plain missed using my phone on Sunday as I was updating my iphone apps and missed the FitnessPal reminders. Missing a day in any goals reminds be that I just plain get too busy and goof up-not perfect! Life Goal: I am using a notebook to track my website ideas. And I have decided on using my given name & maiden name for the domain name and website. And I am going to purchase a software program that will convert my data from Gedcom to nice charts & forms. I need to make the purchase & commitments when I get paid this week! It was quite a challenging week with all my 5K preps of getting my clothing and making sure I was comfortable-and then to finally run it! I will do it again!

In preparing for week 4-it is all the same- just trying to stay on track! Now that I have run the 5k and done with that goal-I need to re-focus on losing 5 pounds! I am concerned that because I allowed myself to eat carbs and sugars that I will now have a difficult time overcoming the cravings and lose some weight. As well as doing the LesMills program and building muscle…I have these next 3 weeks to get rid of 5lbs! Help! I am so bored with eating & meal prep. I need a home cook because I barely get myself fed in the mornings before work and get my lunch packed. Dinners are “catch can†because I am either squeezing in a run or doing the pump & burn program, and we eat late because of putting the fitness first-so I can keep the goal. It is too easy to NOT walk or do the weights when I get home from work. In preparations for my website I am reading a second book to glean additional ideas from the book of add-ons for my website. Bring it on!