• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Laureleye

Laureleye - Challenge 7

MY QUEST:  Prepare for moving day (yes, the plow is coming in late October/early November).  The project will involve consolidating two offices; including 2 server rooms and 55 users.  I will be on standing, walking, lifting, bending, breaking down, and setting up equipment and racks for 10-12 hours a day for about a week.  I will need strength, endurance and peak-health to complete the move successfully.   

QUEST GOALS:

1. Stay Strong.  Three strength/week for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.  [sTR: 2/DEX: 2].  
  2. Build Endurance.  At least 63,000 fitbit steps for at least 5 of the 6 weeks.  [CON: 2/STA: 2]
  3. Stay Flexible.  At least one yoga or whole-body cardio per week. [CON: 2/STA: 2]

SIDE QUEST:  Schedule my remaining annual physicals/checkups (Physical, pap, audiology).  [WIS: 3] 

• Like 1

Hi Laurel!

I just got done reading your profile. I love the fact that you post your age in order to inspire. You are quite amazing and I'm impressed that you get to retire younger than most people. Your goals look fantastic and I am excited to see your progress. 

:) 

Hi Laurel!

I just got done reading your profile. I love the fact that you post your age in order to inspire. You are quite amazing and I'm impressed that you get to retire younger than most people. Your goals look fantastic and I am excited to see your progress. 

:)

Time working for the government is sort like your age in dog-years.  It sure feels like I'll have been at it for more than 32 years. 

I have started the challenge off with a bang -

I had a standard 6 month checkup today, but was able to turn into my annual physical because the appointment behind me cancelled.  All my numbers are good & eveyone said how good I'm looking.

The physical ran over my planned time, but it wasn't very warm today so I did my 1st full-body workout, in the form of jump rope.  And I should finish up the day with about 11,000 steps.

I love it when I can DOMINATE Monday.

Read your reply and thought I'd stop over say hi.. Looking forward to hearing from your progress way to go on a Dominating Monday. I  would post more but I have a number to call! Thanks for the inspiration!

I had no more than finished last night's post when my brother called to tell me that my dad had passed away.  He hadn't been doing well for several weeks, so it came as very little shock - but the reality is that "being prepared" doesn't really make anything easier.  My brother is taking care of the arrangements, so I took on the notifications.  The list wasn't that long; at 88 my dad was pretty much the last man standing. 

I didn't get to sleep very early and tried to sleep in a bit, but of course it didn't work.  I managed my morning mile walk and my strength workout before I got started on my calls.  My husband lost his cell phone, but some kind stranger found it and called the ICE number so we got it back almost as soon as we realized it was gone; so we had a bright spot in the day. 

I'm at work today and tomorrow, but taking Friday off to help my brother with my dad's house.  For the next few days, I'll be focusing on taking care of myself, and trying to get some sleep. 

I'm really glad that my last challenge was built around taking care of myself because I've built up some good habits.  Its so much easier to keep rolling once you've got momentum. 

I just wanted to say that you have solid challenge here and I will definetelly be around to admire it's complition .... then I read about your dad...I am very sorry for your loss......

Thank you both for the kind words and thoughts.  I'm hanging in there and even joined an accountability team.  Quite remarkable, since I'm the original non-joiner. 

Laureleye! I was just catching up on your thread and read about your dad, I am so sorry for your loss. *hugs* I was already following you and just realized you joined my team. I'm glad to have you. I posted a thread in the accountability forum. I look forward to keeping track of a veteran like you! If ya need a buddy to chat with I can be there :)

Thank you; it is a tough time.  I'm working hard on taking care of myself and feel pretty good about how I'm doing. 

Thursday, it was pretty cool when I got home from work, so I ran 1 mile & cooled off by walking to my local bistro for take-out (about 1/2 mile).  Got an amazing boiled shrimp thingy.

Today, I'm home.  I finally got some sleep and didn't wake up until 7:15.  Did a nice easy 1 mile walk and did my Outcast "A". 

I'm still at 100% for taking all of my meds/supplements, tracking and flossing.  If you're like me (I am not compulsive...I am not compulsive) it's tough to break that 100%. 

Hey Sounds good keep it up.. whats an Outcast A?

"Outcast" is the 3rd level workout in the Rebel Fitness Guide - there are an "A" and a "B" workout.  The "B" has 4 sets (which I do as circuits), so I always do B on Sunday when I have more time.

So far, I'm doing reasonably well for the week.  Apparently everything has caught up with me, because I didn't wake up till after 7:00 again this morning.  I did my mile, but no workout as Saturday is my planned rest.  Did some work around the house, watched the Dodgers win again, and watched StarWars.  Our old DVD crunched so we got a new one - I'd forgotten how much I hated all of the "updates" from the original.  Plugging away on my knitting while its cool this week.  I should have my afghan finished by mid-week; it's a gift for someone with a birthday on the 30th, so I'm doing great.  Tomorrow or Monday I'll need to get out another project to work on.