Dorothy's Second Challenge

Dorothy

Main Quest:

Lose weight and fit into a size 10 or 12 by December 7th. 

I bought my wedding dress in a size 14, but I would like to have to spend the money to have it altered. =) In normal clothes right now I wear a size 14 or 16 depending on the fit, but most of my 16s are too loose. 

Editing my goals because I have had Benign Positional Vertigo for two weeks and it doesn't look like it is going anywhere anytime soon. 

1. Do Couch to 5K app run 3x per week. {STA 3}{DEX 2} Go for a walk at least 6 days a week 

I do step challenges on Earndit and have been slowly increasing my goal. Right now I am at 12,500 steps a day and I think it would make these challenges less intimidating if I could run for at least part of it. Right now if I do all my steps at once it takes about 2 hours of walking, I'd like to bring that number down. 

Since not feeling well all I have wanted to do is go straight from working to bed. I can manage to do my old walk without feeling too bad, so that is what I'm planning on doing. 

A = 25 â€“ 28 times 
B = 22 â€“ 24 times
C = 19 â€“ 21 times 

D = 16 â€“ 18 times
F = Less than 16 times

2. Have at least a 750 calorie deficit daily {CON 5}

I will be basing my calories burned off of my FitBit and logging my food with MyFitnessPal. I'll be aiming for 750 -1000 calorie deficit per day, so a 1.5-2 pound per week lose in a perfect world. This is one goal I did well on last challenge, so this challenge i am making it slightly harder. Also, I have been losing weight very slowly (10 pounds in 4 months) so hopefully this will speed it up just a little.

A = 37 – 42 days
B = 33 – 36 days
C = 29 â€“ 32 days
D = 25 – 18 days
F = Less than 25 days

3. Strength training 2x a week {STR +3} - I'm going to keep this one and just do what I can

I didn't do well on this goal last challenge, but with less distractions happening this time I plan to make it a priority. I am planning on doing the Beginner Bodyweight Workout, but I wanted to leave myself some flexibility to choose. 

A = 11 â€“12 times 

B = 9 â€“10 times
C = 7 â€“ 8 times 

D = 6 â€“7 times
F = Less than 6 times

Side Quest:

Life Quest: Digitalize my pictures {WIS +2}

I have a box of pictures that I have been wanting to scan for years, so this challenge I hope to make a dent. I'm not sure exactly how many pictures I have but I'll set my goal at 200 pictures. 

A = 180 â€“ 200 pictures 
B = 160 â€“ 179 pictures 
C = 140 â€“ 159 pictures 

D = 120 â€“ 139 pictures 
F = Less than 120 pictures 

My Motivation:

My current motivation is I want to feel confident and pretty at my wedding on December 7th and for our honeymoon cruise afterwords. Which is why my main quest is a weight lose goal to start out. After the wedding, I don't care how long it takes to get to my goal weight. I just want to continue living a healthy lifestyle and weight lose should be a side affect. I would like to have a baby in the next couple years and really want to be healthy before that. Also, ever since my cholesterol was first tested when I was 12 it has been high and has just gotten worse with age and weight. So I would also like to get that in a healthy range. Right now I get sick very easily and have a few health issues that don't really have to do with weight, but I hope will get better as I become more healthy. 

Starting Stats:

Weight: 213

Body Fat: 40.8%

Bust: 43
Waist: 34.5
Waist (Belly Button): 38.5
Hips: 46
Upper Arm: 15
Lower Arm: 12.5
Thigh: 28
Calf: 19

Mini Quests completed:

Mini Quest 1 Think: +1 WIS

Mini Quest 1B - A Guildie’s a Guildie….No Matter How Small: +1 CHA

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4  |  DEX 3  |  STA 5  |  CON 5  |  WIS 6.5  |  CHA 5.5

My First Challenge My Current Challenge

Welcome back.  Love the main quest.  It would feel pretty awesome I bet have to get the dress tailored :)  I started C25k last challenge, but running was a little problem for me.  I think you will probably do good on it.  I need to add a side quest like yours too. I have tons of pictures and slides I need to scan in.  I have started before, but never finished.  Good luck this challenge!

Congratulations! That is an amazing main quest!! And with the structure you're setting in place you are sure to succeed! Will be looking forward to your progress :D

Level 2 Imp. Assassin at heart, training with the Adventurers - Challenges: 1 , 2(Current)STR 3 | DEX 1 | STA 6 | CON 4,75 | WIS 4,5 | CHA 3,75

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West

Welcome back.  Love the main quest.  It would feel pretty awesome I bet have to get the dress tailored :)  I started C25k last challenge, but running was a little problem for me.  I think you will probably do good on it.  I need to add a side quest like yours too. I have tons of pictures and slides I need to scan in.  I have started before, but never finished.  Good luck this challenge!

Thanks! I have started before too, but never followed through. I just hope I can figure out where I left off last. I think I may need to pick up another box for finished pictures. 

Congratulations! That is an amazing main quest!! And with the structure you're setting in place you are sure to succeed! Will be looking forward to your progress :D

Thanks! 

What great motivation for a challenge! Great goals and love your side quest. I need to do the same thing but I've been slacking off. 

Good Luck!

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

I love the goal of needing your wedding dress taking in :) what bride doesn't want to look fantastic on her big day?! I keep starting the C25K and I've managed to get to week 6 before, but my back always objects to it after a while :P So I'm focusing on the strength building, hopefully if I can strengthen my back enough I'll be able to restart running!

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Thanks everyone.

I did ok for the first day. I ordered a treadmill a couple weeks ago, and spent all last night putting it together. I got almost done and realized I had lost three screws, so after work I'm going to find matches and finish up. But because of this I didn't get to the C25k or strength training, so I will need to do one or both tonight. I did ok with food, I'm just glad I got a lot of walking throughout the day (12739 steps) in to make up for getting snacky. I ended the day with a 1018 calorie deficit. 2951 burned - 1933 calories. 

You stayed with a deficit which is great and I don't know but putting together a treadmill sounds like an aweful lot of work to me. Twisting and turning at odd angles to get it to aline.

The question isn't who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me!     

~(to come when I remember)

Level 3 Adventurer

Huge NF Meet up?

Polls for marathon meet up: States   International (more info click the link above!)

I generally find any kind of DIY to be an intense workout anyway, so I don't think you need to worry on that front! (especially if you have a man helping... then it's twice the effort it should be!) But well done on the calorie deficit, thats a brilliant start to the challenge!

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Thank you both. It was quite a bit of work, and I didn't have much help except my fiance did go around and tighten all the screws for me. 

Day 2 July 30th

I met my calorie deficit goal again today. Burned 2670 and ate 1915 for a deficit of 755. Close, but I got it. 

I didn't get to strength training or the C25K again. I wasn't feeling very good when I got home, so it took me a couple hours to finish putting together the treadmill. Then I tried it out and finished up my steps for the day (for another challenge), but didn't feel up to the C25k. I last couple days I've been getting bouts of nausea and I get these weird itchy painful sensations in my face and neck. I really hope this passes soon. 

Challenge Summary 

1. None yet

2. 2 days

3. None yet

4. None yet

You have awesoem goals....I feel like a slacker.... everyone has put a lot more into their grading scales and such than me this time... need to fix that. anyways. I am lookign forward to your progress and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Ooh, I hope you aren't catching a cold and if you are get better! Well get better either way :)

Thank you. I hope I'm not also. I need to save all my time off for my wedding. 

You have awesoem goals....I feel like a slacker.... everyone has put a lot more into their grading scales and such than me this time... need to fix that. anyways. I am lookign forward to your progress and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Thank you. I stole the idea of the grading scale from someone else in my first challenge. =)

You get to those other things when you start feeling better.  Which is hopefully soon :)  Take it easy as best as you can.

Thank you. 

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, I hope you feel better soon! Eat well and rest, better to get well and than push yourself to do all your exercises.

It's annoying when you make exercise plans and then suddenly illness comes round the corner. I am certain by time it comes to winter challenges we are all going to be sniffling wreaks! 

Thank you. Yeah, I wonder if winter challenges are the least participated in because of colds. 

Day 3 July 31st

I met my calorie deficit goal again today. Burned 2682 and ate 1631 for a deficit of 1051. That's more where I want to be everyday. 

I'm still not feeling great, and wasn't when I got home yesterday, but I still did a couple things. As soon as I got home I did the C25K. I have iFit on my new treadmill and put together a workout program that automatically changes between the speeds at the right times. I couldn't do the whole thing without stopping a couple times, but I did eventually finish it. So it's a start. I'm hoping to do my first day of strength training today. Yesterday I was feeling very overwhelmed, because as I've said before another challenge I'm doing is 12,500 steps a day, and I got home yesterday from work with only 1,500. So I had almost two hours of walking to do when I got home not feeling well. I was also trying to get in strength training yesterday, but with on and off walking didn't finish my steps until 9:30. 

Challenge Summary 

1. 1 time

2. 3 days

3. None yet

4. None yet

Day 4 August 1st

I met my calorie deficit goal again yesterday. Burned 2861 and ate 1732 for a deficit of 1129.  

I still wasn't feeling well though and decided to take it easy. I'm really hoping to get over whatever this is soon, but until then at least I can try to eat well.

Tonight I'm going to First Friday in downtown Phoenix, which is an art walk. I've been wanting to go for a long time so I'm excited and our first stop is The Art of Video Games at the Phoenix Art Museum. They are going to have retro video games, a gaming tournament and the Minibosses are playing. Should be fun and a lot of walking. =)

Challenge Summary 

1. 1 time

2. 4 days

3. None yet

4. None yet

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines